Nintendo has reached the limits of Wii U hardware

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#51 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Saw that article yesterday.

@charizard1605 said:

So... no analysis, no hard numbers, just a hypothesis pulled out of this author's ass and posted without verification? Okay.

And this is exactly what I thought.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44145 Posts

Eh, at least "N" brought the HD for this gen so really for me all it needs is a better price to performance ratio and I'll bite especially when new Zelda hits the street.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p... Watch Dogs? Wasn't that 900p. Sleeping Dogs, is that even 1080p and 60fps? All the last gen ports?

Have I proven the PS4 is tapped out?

Eh, knowing TC he just needed something to combat those 3DS sales and Bayonettas 10.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

Okay first off: "It’s not as though it is news that the Wii U is underpowered when compared to the Xbox One or the PS4. No one expected Destiny to be available on the Wii U, despite how undeniably cool that game would be to play on the Gamepad." lol yes we've heard how awesome it is.

Secondly, I don't care, because we knew what we were getting with the Wii U. So it having weaker hardware wouldn't stop me getting one, in fact the games look fun. They look better than I thought they would and I'm sure they play great, and if sales pick up, I'm sure it'll get the 3rd party games as well. They don't have to be multiplats, what do I need the other consoles for, I have a PC.

But the Wii U is acceptable because Nintendo never told us it was teh super charged PC. Where as with the X1 and PS4, we were told they are teh POWAH. Where as in reality mobile technology is catching up to them faster than ever with Nvidia making GPU architecture more efficient than we would have imagined thanks to their Tegra research (led to Maxwell design) and AMD making more powerful and mobile APUs all the time as they have huge potential in this area. And these teh poweh consoles struggle to get to 1080p and far worse they struggle to get frame rates above 30fps on games unless we want the games to look like last gen titles on high settings.

So Wii U = 'ahhh it's better than I thought and the game look fun'

X1 and PS4 = 'WTF is this disappointing shit, the games look a bit better than last gen'

The only thing the current gen consoles truly smoke last gen consoles at is physics. Graphics aren't impressing me in the context of a gen leap, and ai is a research based thing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

This is fuckin Nintendo we're talkin about, TC. Go play Driveclub.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45247 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I own a Wii U lol. In fact last year I was promoting it while everyone else was taking a dump on it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

That's cute...back to my awesome Wii U library now...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#59 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

I own a Wii U lol. In fact last year I was promoting it while everyone else was taking a dump on it.

As Tormentos says, "its not what you own, its what you spend your time championing"

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#60  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Not until Xenoblade Chronicles X releases I think. And maybe not even.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Oh shit, you are telling me that rendering a game twice will push the system more than the usual one render output that is the TV?! Why I would never...

Hold the phone, Sherlock Holmes is in town and he is on to something. Lets gather around and see how this particular process heavy use of the Gamepad connects to the idea that the Wii U has been tapped out in a well thought, logical manner!!!

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Common sense

PS3 none of prior games used its full capabilities

Wii u better than PS3 so......

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

So... no analysis, no hard numbers, just a hypothesis pulled out of this author's ass and posted without verification? Okay.

It's a fact. You even said it in a thread you made that the WiiU, while having great games, is a shit console. Nintendo would be far better off with a modern hardware console that can offer 3rd parties and next gen visuals.

I'm not disputing the Wii U being a weak, crippled, hamstrung console. That part is fact. What is not fact is the Wii U being tapped out. Can someone prove it to me? This article certainly didn't. All it said was 'the Wii U is tapped out because,' and of course the TC, in his eternal haste to spring on Nintendo, jumped on that and made a thread about it, endorsing it.

But you tell me- where is the evidence the console is tapped out? And actual evidence, I mean. Is there a hard numbers analysis? Has someone come out and proved it? Because otherwise, all this thread stands out as saying is this:

• The Wii U has shit hardware, especially compared to its competition, closer to last gen than current gen
  • The Wii U has no third party support

Yes, welcome to 2012 guys. Enjoy your stay.

Sorry Char, next gen doesn't just mean better graphics, it means better gameplay. Wii U has had two years to bring us that, and it hasn't. The best it could do? Give us a second screen to look at on the Gamepad ala Nintendo DS. Not very original indeed. What was so different with Mario Kart 8? Shiny new paint but still the same game. Smash has its tweaks here and there, but still nothing really earth shattering. Bayonetta 2? Pretty much looks and plays like Bayonetta 1. If all Nintendo can bring is what we've seen last gen, which has been the case, then it is indeed near its peak already.

Are you telling me that the Wii U- which at launch couldn't even run NSMBU at a resolution beyond 720p, or at a framerate over 30FPS, and will now soon be running Smash Bros. in 1080p/60FPS- are you telling me it hasn't seen evolution in graphical capabilities?

The other puzzling thing is, you talk about graphics, then mention a lack of gameplay changes? Well, I mean, yeah, that's true of all consoles right now. What is Watch Dogs? A modern day Assassin's Creed? inFamous: Second Son? Just more inFamous 2, and prettier? Killzone: Shadow Fall, somehow a regression from Killzone 2 and 3, but hey, it looks good. Ditto Forza 5. Dead Rising 3. So what I am saying is, what is your point here? Gameplay changes? No game is making gameplay changes on any console, let's drop that notion. Graphics? Wii U games look gorgeous, not because of their tech, which we know is pretty crippled, but because of artstyle, and they work wonderfully well for the kind of game that they are. And then we have the upcoming Zelda U, which looks gorgeous, and offers all that while being open world. Or Xenoblade X, which, ditto.

So, this notion of 'Wii U is peaked' or 'Wii U has seen no evolution' or 'Wii U will see no evolution'- can you actually prove this to me beyond just your opinion on the games, past, present, or future?

ROFL you think Wii U is going to have the same time like the PS3 and Xbox 360 did to get it right? Thing is the Wii U is already a fish out of water and the other two consoles are selling much better. No one is going to say "hey guys! let's wait 7 years because Nintendo has yet to tap the potential of a 10 year old GPU!!" come on dude, you made this real easy. Nintendo needs to shape up soon because they are about to be slaughtered by much more advanced and much more popular systems with actual next gen gameplay. Nintendo isn't stupid. they aren't going to make games just so 10 Nintendo fans can appreciate them.

Isn't the gpu in the console a modified version of a low end gpu that is anywere from 4-7 years old.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Even if this were the case I wouldn't really care. Of course it's not though.

OP, sometimes you're an alright dude and sometimes you're just so damn naive.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@super600 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's a fact. You even said it in a thread you made that the WiiU, while having great games, is a shit console. Nintendo would be far better off with a modern hardware console that can offer 3rd parties and next gen visuals.

I'm not disputing the Wii U being a weak, crippled, hamstrung console. That part is fact. What is not fact is the Wii U being tapped out. Can someone prove it to me? This article certainly didn't. All it said was 'the Wii U is tapped out because,' and of course the TC, in his eternal haste to spring on Nintendo, jumped on that and made a thread about it, endorsing it.

But you tell me- where is the evidence the console is tapped out? And actual evidence, I mean. Is there a hard numbers analysis? Has someone come out and proved it? Because otherwise, all this thread stands out as saying is this:

• The Wii U has shit hardware, especially compared to its competition, closer to last gen than current gen

Sorry Char, next gen doesn't just mean better graphics, it means better gameplay. Wii U has had two years to bring us that, and it hasn't. The best it could do? Give us a second screen to look at on the Gamepad ala Nintendo DS. Not very original indeed. What was so different with Mario Kart 8? Shiny new paint but still the same game. Smash has its tweaks here and there, but still nothing really earth shattering. Bayonetta 2? Pretty much looks and plays like Bayonetta 1. If all Nintendo can bring is what we've seen last gen, which has been the case, then it is indeed near its peak already.

Are you telling me that the Wii U- which at launch couldn't even run NSMBU at a resolution beyond 720p, or at a framerate over 30FPS, and will now soon be running Smash Bros. in 1080p/60FPS- are you telling me it hasn't seen evolution in graphical capabilities?

The other puzzling thing is, you talk about graphics, then mention a lack of gameplay changes? Well, I mean, yeah, that's true of all consoles right now. What is Watch Dogs? A modern day Assassin's Creed? inFamous: Second Son? Just more inFamous 2, and prettier? Killzone: Shadow Fall, somehow a regression from Killzone 2 and 3, but hey, it looks good. Ditto Forza 5. Dead Rising 3. So what I am saying is, what is your point here? Gameplay changes? No game is making gameplay changes on any console, let's drop that notion. Graphics? Wii U games look gorgeous, not because of their tech, which we know is pretty crippled, but because of artstyle, and they work wonderfully well for the kind of game that they are. And then we have the upcoming Zelda U, which looks gorgeous, and offers all that while being open world. Or Xenoblade X, which, ditto.

So, this notion of 'Wii U is peaked' or 'Wii U has seen no evolution' or 'Wii U will see no evolution'- can you actually prove this to me beyond just your opinion on the games, past, present, or future?

ROFL you think Wii U is going to have the same time like the PS3 and Xbox 360 did to get it right? Thing is the Wii U is already a fish out of water and the other two consoles are selling much better. No one is going to say "hey guys! let's wait 7 years because Nintendo has yet to tap the potential of a 10 year old GPU!!" come on dude, you made this real easy. Nintendo needs to shape up soon because they are about to be slaughtered by much more advanced and much more popular systems with actual next gen gameplay. Nintendo isn't stupid. they aren't going to make games just so 10 Nintendo fans can appreciate them.

Isn't the gpu in the console a modified version of a low end gpu that is anywere from 4-7 years old.

Yes, its considered a "modern" gpu. He is talking out of his ass

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

The wii u renders the games twice on the weakest hardware basically bring it back to almost 360 level graphics. That said finally there is a game I want in bayonetta 2 on it if I can find one for cheap I will play it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Thunderdrone said:

@super600 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yes, its considered a "modern" gpu. He is talking out of his ass

yea, real modern.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

That article is purely speculative and was probably written by Speak_Low (who is still waiting for the Philips lawsuit to ban Wii U console sales).

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#69 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

I believe that when hell freezes over judging by super Mario galaxy Wii if they were able to get that to look the way it did on Wii they can do more on wiiu

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

TC is making stuff up... but even if is WAG is accurate... 1080p at 60 frames a sec seems to be a nice limit for this gen (for consoles at least). Maybe someday X1 and ps4 can match that.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#71  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

And yet no game on WiiU looks better than Uncharted 2/3,KZ3 and God of War 3 on PS3.WiiU.....lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

As long as they dont **** up Xenoblade Chronicles, the only game I actually want for the system, I'll be ok.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Not that big a problem since I don't think people go for the console for the graphics.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@AtariKidX: yep it was only slightly better than ps3 but i don't think wii u users bought console for graphics anyway so argument pretty much is irrelevant.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#75 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Even if this were the case I wouldn't really care. Of course it's not though.

OP, sometimes you're an alright dude and sometimes you're just so damn naive.

Stupid would be a more accurate term IMO.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

All the consoles are reaching their limits.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

And yet no game on WiiU looks better than Uncharted 2/3,KZ3 and God of War 3 on PS3.WiiU.....lol

Is uncharted running at a locked 60 fps? Because me and friends tried to make SM3DW do a frame drop and we couldn't make it happen.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts
@AtariKidX said:

Where's your "10" brother? :D

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SolidGame_basic

@bunchanumbers said:

@AtariKidX said:

Is uncharted running at a locked 60 fps? Because me and friends tried to make SM3DW do a frame drop and we couldn't make it happen.

You do realize that SM3DW has very small levels right? You can do 60 fps when you have less to work with...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#80  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@KungfuKitten said:

Oh no hardware that is being used fully!

The article does raise an interesting question (unintentionally). Why are performance issues rampant on the PS4 and Xbox One, and not on the Wii U?

Because they are pushing far more graphics and pixels to screen than the WiiU. Why isn't AC Unity and Batman Arkham Knight coming to WiiU when AC4 and Arkham City did? Because it's not powerful enough for next gen games.

They are pushing more graphics and pixels but it runs poorly as a result -___-;
More like the devs are not as capable I reckon.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Kaze_no_Mirai

@SolidGame_basic: what's your Nintendo ID and your 3DS FC?

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Yeah Fast Racing Neo is pulling off stuff that Horizon 2 and Drive Club aren't doing. The Ps4 and Xbox One already reached it's limit seeing how games are only running at 30fps and being suited with a very weak CPU.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ZombeGoast

@SolidGame_basic said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@AtariKidX said:

You do realize that SM3DW has very small levels right? You can do 60 fps when you have less to work with...

Then why isn't Uncharted at 60fps when there is far less things going on screen?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SolidGame_basic

@ZombeGoast said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@AtariKidX said:

Then why isn't Uncharted at 60fps when there is far less things going on screen?

Are you saying that SM3DW is on the same level as Uncharted 3 from a technical perspective? Therefore, Uncharted would run 60 fps on Wii U?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#85  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: And I just outlined for you, the Wii U has actually seen improvements in the last two years, so the assumption your entire argument is predicated on to begin with is false, meaning your entire argument is redundant.

Wii U may not have till 2022 to show off its prowess, but it has another 2-3 years left. If you seriously think that a Wii U game in 2016 will be identical in scope and visual fidelity to a Wii U game from November 2012, well then, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I wanna sell you.

Do you understand what the author wrote? He gives examples of the limitations of Wii U's hardware in its game design. Meaning, they can't even push certain gameplay aspects (such as Gamepad use) because the hardware is to limited. So what's left then? Make the next game a little prettier? With cartoon graphics? Honestly, what more are you expecting from Nintendo that is ANY DIFFERENT from what they've done in the past. What games from Gamecube, N64, and Wii are SO DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT from the first years?

Game. Set. Match.

Again with the gameplay shit? You tell me, then, how exactly is any game on PlayStation or Xbox different from two or three generations ago? What is GTA5? Same game, a little prettier? What is Watch Dogs, same game as Assassin's Creed, in a modern world? What is Metal Gear Solid, same game but prettier? Final Fantasy?

You sound so daft and are shifting so many goalposts. Your arguments about gameplay do not just apply to Nintendo. They apply to everybody, even the games on the 'limitless hardware' of the PS4. If the gameplay is still the same and still limited across consoles, then the author's (and yours) argument about hardware power is asinine and falls apart. Just stop.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai

@SolidGame_basic: Again ... What's your NNID

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: And I just outlined for you, the Wii U has actually seen improvements in the last two years, so the assumption your entire argument is predicated on to begin with is false, meaning your entire argument is redundant.

Wii U may not have till 2022 to show off its prowess, but it has another 2-3 years left. If you seriously think that a Wii U game in 2016 will be identical in scope and visual fidelity to a Wii U game from November 2012, well then, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I wanna sell you.

Do you understand what the author wrote? He gives examples of the limitations of Wii U's hardware in its game design. Meaning, they can't even push certain gameplay aspects (such as Gamepad use) because the hardware is to limited. So what's left then? Make the next game a little prettier? With cartoon graphics? Honestly, what more are you expecting from Nintendo that is ANY DIFFERENT from what they've done in the past. What games from Gamecube, N64, and Wii are SO DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT from the first years?

Game. Set. Match.

Again with the gameplay shit? You tell me, then, how exactly is any game on PlayStation or Xbox different from two or three generations ago? What is GTA5? Same game, a little prettier? What is Watch Dogs, same game as Assassin's Creed, in a modern world? What is Metal Gear Solid, same game but prettier? Final Fantasy?

You sound so daft and are shifting so many goalposts. Your arguments about gameplay do not just apply to Nintendo. They apply to everybody, even the games on the 'limitless hardware' of the PS4. If the gameplay is still the same and still limited across consoles, then the author's (and yours) argument about hardware power is asinine and falls apart. Just stop.

Blah. Blah. Blah. Goalposts. Blah Blah. Blah. You have yet to show that you actually have digested what is being said. If you think that Wii U games are going to be much bigger and better than they are now you are absolutely wrong. There is nothing in Nintendo's track records that even validates this. Tell me what games last gen show that Nintendo really pushed the system so much that they were drastically different than their predecessors. And I'll get some popcorn so I can enjoy this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic: Super Mario Galaxy 2. There, that was easy. Why are you ignoring Kaze?

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By ZombeGoast

@SolidGame_basic said:

@ZombeGoast said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@AtariKidX said:

Are you saying that SM3DW is on the same level as Uncharted 3 from a technical perspective? Therefore, Uncharted would run 60 fps on Wii U?

Exactly what makes Uncharted 3 more advance than any Wii U game? first off Both the PS3 can barely run games at 720p at 60fps let alone 30 when games like Battlefield and Crysis struggle to run on those systems. And before you say Sonic Boom that game is running on a modified Cryengine to be able to play split screen. Super Mario 3D world used deferred rendering which is something not possible on the Ps3 and 360 without bottlenecking the system. And yet the Wii U is able to maintain a lock 60fps

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Game. Set. Match.

Blah. Blah. Blah. Goalposts. Blah Blah. Blah. You have yet to show that you actually have digested what is being said. If you think that Wii U games are going to be much bigger and better than they are now you are absolutely wrong. There is nothing in Nintendo's track records that even validates this. Tell me what games last gen show that Nintendo really pushed the system so much that they were drastically different than their predecessors. And I'll get some popcorn so I can enjoy this.

Xenoblade Chronicles. No game like it on GameCube.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#91 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Lol char is getting destroyed in this thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Blabadon: One has to truly have tunnel vision, or just be a terrible troll with no sense of perspective, to think I am 'getting destroyed.' In your case, both apply, so I don't know why I expected better.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Blabadon: One has to truly have tunnel vision, or just be a terrible troll with no sense of perspective, to think I am 'getting destroyed.' In your case, both apply, so I don't know why I expected better.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17838 Posts

a nonsense argument from the link in the OP. oh look it cant render 2 seperate images and send them to 2 different screens while keeping the detail maxed out....the wiiu must be tapped out.

im going to use the same logic for the PS4 and X1: oh look they cant consistently render games at 1080P and 60FPS. they cant even touch 1440P. must be tapped out. crappy consoles.

oh look my PC cant play shadows of mordor, rome 2 and X rebirth at the same time nor can it send the game feeds to 3 different TVs at the same time....must be maxed out. what a crappy PC.

nonsense argument.

when nintendo and monolith say the wiiu is maxed out...its maxed out. next year wiiu games go from confined and smaller levels to massive open worlds like zelda and X. thats a pretty nice upgrade from what is currently available on the wiiu.

im very critical of the wiiu hardware. nintendo got it really really badly wrong on so many levels. but the argument that its maxed out doesnt even make sense. define maxed out. how is it measured? what evidence does a game need to show to prove that its maxed out the console? what if said game just has crappy code that drives the hardware to its maximum capacity...but gets a poor result? what if one games looks stunning but has small levels while another game looks a bit rough but is like skyrim or X....which has maxed the console out more?

i always have a belief (though by no means is this any sort of fact or even guide really). when you see a game and you cant believe its running on a platform then its approaching maxed out. so games like god of war 2 on the PS2, zelda TP on the gamecube, xenoblade on the wii (which is not the best looking game on the wii but its a miracle from a tech standpoint), halo 2 on the first xbox (im not a fan of the game but i have to hand it to bungie...amazing technical feat there), moon on the DS. when games like these arrive then its time to start thinking "ok how much is left in the tank?". as i say though this is only a gut feeling. there is nothing concrete about it.

so far nothing on the wiiu that i have seen has made me think this. i do think X is approaching it (if it really is possible to go from one end of the world with no loading screens and you can see the whole world while flying high up). i dont know if monolith will get a second bite at the wiiu but it would be interesting to see if they could squeez any more out of it with a second title.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SolidGame_basic

@osan0: but if PS4 can't make 1080p/60ps, and Wii U is far inferior to it, what exactly are you expecting from Nintendo this gen? because saying it's not maxed out as opposed to its current state is semantics. it's already been 2 years. I'm waiting for Nintendo to convince me otherwise.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

rather be tapped out of graphics than gameplay ideas like xbox and playstation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@osan0: but if PS4 can't make 1080p/60ps, and Wii U is far inferior to it, what exactly are you expecting from Nintendo this gen? because saying it's not maxed out as opposed to its current state is semantics. it's already been 2 years. I'm waiting for Nintendo to convince me otherwise.

But Wii U *is* doing 1080p/60FPS.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605: where?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Mario Kart 8, and Mario 3D World I believe, was said to be 1080p at first. They both ended up being 720p.