Nintendo failed with the Wii U and it's their own fault

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Wii U is their last console. mark my words.

NathanDrakeSwag

I hope so. Nintendo is an embarrassment to the gaming industry.

You're an embarrassment to the human race, Swaggy.
The_Power_of_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 The_Power_of_X
Member since 2013 • 563 Posts

You know sometimes I feel sorry for Nintendo fans as they are getting flamed from every direction, even Nintendo themselves are fanning some those flames. But then I see their responses. :lol: Let the fires of shame burn brightly!

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

You know sometimes I feel sorry for Nintendo fans as they are getting flamed from every direction, even Nintendo themselves are fanning some those flames. But then I see their responses. :lol: Let the fires of shame burn brightly!

The_Power_of_X

Says the obvious alt.:lol:

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#104 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Even though Nintendo has the money to make another console if Wii U fails, I question whether or not they would. The console market is changing and there might just not be room for a company like Nintendo in it anymore, and if that's the case then there is no sense in wasting more money on a console that no-one is going to support. Nintendo would be better off going multiplatform. Maybe they will have the handheld market for a few years more, but even that is getting gobbled up by phones and cheap android tablets for kids.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Even though Nintendo has the money to make another console if Wii U fails, I question whether or not they would. The console market is changing and there might just not be room for a company like Nintendo in it anymore, and if that's the case then there is no sense in wasting more money on a console that no-one is going to support. Nintendo would be better off going multiplatform. Maybe they will have the handheld market for a few years more, but even that is getting gobbled up by phones and cheap android tablets for kids.Timstuff

If they went multi-plat, they would be exclusive tablet and mobile developer, imo.

As long as their hardware sells, they got nothing to fear.

And WiiU can probably survive with low sales numbers. (not sure but GC managed to be profitable despite the low sales)

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#106 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Even though Nintendo has the money to make another console if Wii U fails, I question whether or not they would. The console market is changing and there might just not be room for a company like Nintendo in it anymore, and if that's the case then there is no sense in wasting more money on a console that no-one is going to support. Nintendo would be better off going multiplatform. Maybe they will have the handheld market for a few years more, but even that is getting gobbled up by phones and cheap android tablets for kids.nameless12345

If they went multi-plat, they would be exclusive tablet and mobile developer, imo.

And WiiU can probably survive with low sales numbers. (not sure but GC managed to be profitable despite the low sales)

If Nintendo continues to stick to their own hardware, they will isolate themselves into irrelevancy. Their fanbase is too small to keep a company that size afloat anymore. Maybe they would go tablet-only, however that would certainly mean a lot of layoffs. Either they are going to downsize, or they are going to give in and go multiplat. I don't really see them maintaining the status quote indefinitely, because they can't.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Even though Nintendo has the money to make another console if Wii U fails, I question whether or not they would. The console market is changing and there might just not be room for a company like Nintendo in it anymore, and if that's the case then there is no sense in wasting more money on a console that no-one is going to support. Nintendo would be better off going multiplatform. Maybe they will have the handheld market for a few years more, but even that is getting gobbled up by phones and cheap android tablets for kids.Timstuff

If Nintendo continues to stick to their own hardware, they will isolate themselves into irrelevancy. Their fanbase is too small to keep a company that size afloat anymore. Maybe they would go tablet-only, however that would certainly mean a lot of layoffs. Either they are going to downsize, or they are going to give in and go multiplat. I don't really see them maintaining the status quote indefinitely, because they can't.

I don't know.

The Mario, Smash Bros., Pokemon, Donkey Kong and Zelda series still manage to turn millions on their platforms.

Infact, I would argue that on other platforms they would actually sell less than they do on their own.

Right now the challenge they're facing is small install base and slowly expanding user base on the U.

If that "trend" changes in a positive direction, the game sales numbers will increase also.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Failure? No.

Their own fault for having any of the issues they have now? I can agree its mostly their issue. Its never a good thing to become complacent especially in such an industry.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#109 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I find Nintendo's biggest mistake was miscalculating 3rd party support.whitetiger3521

And that is suprising? Just look at Nitnendo's history dude. 3rd party support has been declining for a long time now and it's their own damn fault!

It's not ALL of Nintendo's fault if third parties end up doing dumb decisions.
bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
As a self proclaimed "fanboy", I can agree a lot with what has already been said. I'm not sure what they where and are currently thinking. They need a crap ton of advertising for the U. Anyone remember the "Wii would like to play" wii commercials? I do. I haven't seen one Wii U commercial. That was HUGE for them. It's not like they don't have the money to do it either. Come on Nintendo. I fear you guys are asleep at the wheel with someone else driving. I may be a hardcore Nintendo guy, but I'm also not blind or naive.
bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
They need a "System seller" too. Much like Angry Birds had everyone's attention with the smartphone market, Nintendo needs that and needs it NOW.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#112 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
They need a "System seller" too. Much like Angry Birds had everyone's attention with the smartphone market, Nintendo needs that and needs it NOW.bdmckinley
They need it in a couple months, not now.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

Nintendo DID fail the Wii U, but the reason is because they released well before any software was nearly ready.

1RazvanClaudiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 1RazvanClaudiu
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

One of their biggest mistake is their arrogance.

I can't say for sure but it seems to me that they are overconfident and consider themselves better than the market realities. I have heard a few pieces of news, now and in the past about how hard is to work with Nintendo in order to get a game for their console. 

To be honest, the price of a Wii U standard pack (the one with the big hardrive), here in my country is about 90% bigger than the XBOX 360 250 GB, the new, black edition of course. And that's a lot. For what?

Zombie U? Looks nice but not that nice.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2? C'mon, it's not a consolve exclusive.

Nintendo's original games? They are nice but they get boring fast.

Now Wii U owners will defend their purchase. XBOX owners will defend their purchase. PS3 ... but if you think about it without taking into consideration that you've invested / not invested in the Wii U, it's over-priced, there are few games for it, the tablet is not that good (you can buy a PS3 and a Vita at the same price) and Nintendo lacks any common sense.

I can understand why Nintendo considers that the Wii U will work out, no matter what. The WII kicked XBOX's and PS3 sales for years in a row and only after two or three years they declined. Wii consoles were top sellers, especially in the holiday period. Everyone said that the Wii will bomb, that it's not a console for real gamers, that, that. And everyone was right. It was the small kid who kicked the big kids in the nuts.

But the WII was actually good and innovative. It was cheaper than the PS3 and XBOX 360. The controllers were very decent, both from a quality point of view and from a functionality one. It targeted a rather large demographic. It had an awesome bundled game. There was a very good eco-system and exclusives like Dead Space for Wii or Resident Evil for Wii were actually very, very good. And hell, it could play YouTube videos when media players were very expensive.

It was a hit.

But what about the WII U?

Over-priced compared to the current generation consoles. Tablet inferior to most tablet computers and not very responsive. Limited games and very few exclusives. The ability to play on the tablet itself without the TV is over-rated (it's functional but it's not really a best case scenario). Lag, technical problems. Have I've said that it's expensive? 

Now, don't get me wrong. If you've bought an Wii U, I congragulate you. Playing Black Ops 2 on it or any other game must be amazing. I wanted a Wii U too. But the Wii U is like the amazing boxer who won the belt, by being superior, retired and returned in a new world, where the stakes are far higher. 

SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts
[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Even though Nintendo has the money to make another console if Wii U fails, I question whether or not they would. The console market is changing and there might just not be room for a company like Nintendo in it anymore, and if that's the case then there is no sense in wasting more money on a console that no-one is going to support. Nintendo would be better off going multiplatform. Maybe they will have the handheld market for a few years more, but even that is getting gobbled up by phones and cheap android tablets for kids.Timstuff

Good point. At some point they'd have to change their strategy.
SuddenlySudden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 SuddenlySudden
Member since 2013 • 618 Posts
[QUOTE="bdmckinley"]They need a "System seller" too. Much like Angry Birds had everyone's attention with the smartphone market, Nintendo needs that and needs it NOW.KungfuKitten
They need it in a couple months, not now.

They're working on a Mario Kart and Zelda I believe. That should boost sales but still does nothing for multiplats. They're kind of in a rut to be honest.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#118 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
They need a "System seller" too. Much like Angry Birds had everyone's attention with the smartphone market, Nintendo needs that and needs it NOW.bdmckinley
QFT. No amount of price cuts or advertising will address the fact that there isn't that game that captures the audience's hearts. Say what you want about Wii Sports, it captured our imaginations. Nintendoland didn't do that, it was more fanservice for long time fans.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#119 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="bdmckinley"] An old meme but still relevant.nameless12345

This has been happening every generation, ever since the NES days.

This cycle is only half true.

The NES and SNES printed money but N64 and NGC did not.

Wii and DS did exceptionally well but 3DS and WiiU probably won't repeat their success.

Right now, Nintendo have to turn around the WiiU like they did with the 3DS.

Nintendo were making profit even in the N64 and GC days. In fact, Nintendo still haven't made a loss in the past thirty years. Even that reported loss last year still turned out to be a profit because of the currency exchange. In comparison, Sony and Microsoft have a long track record of making losses. If there's one thing Nintendo is great at as a business, it's printing money.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"]Another Wii U doom thread, that's a surprise :/super600

A dying system deserves attention.

There should be a limit to how many threads are created by a user per day about the same topic.

This. It just gets very old & tiring.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#121 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="Jag85"] This has been happening every generation, ever since the NES days.Jag85

Wii and DS did exceptionally well but 3DS and WiiU probably won't repeat their success.

Nintendo were making profit even in the N64 and GC days. In fact, Nintendo still haven't made a loss in the past thirty years. Even that reported loss last year still turned out to be a profit because of the currency exchange. In comparison, Sony and Microsoft have a long track record of making losses. If there's one thing Nintendo is great at as a business, it's printing money.

The Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance were what was making Nintendo majority of their money, not the N64 and Gamecube.

ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

Look at all the deluded sheep in here saying "Oh well the Wii U is the PS3 of this generation" "Wii U will bounce back like the PS3 did"

The Wii U and PS3 are not the same. Playstation 3 and Wii U both have had a bad start but the DIFFERENCE is that PS3 was released as a console way ahead of its time but simply too expensive for consumers. Wii U is a console mad to catch up with the previous generation and its not super expensive so its reason for failing comes down to Nintendos poor decisions.

How can you sheep proudly believe that the Wii U will definitely bounce back when (lets face it) it will have no third party support? Playstation 2 was a weak console but its third party support was amazing + making games for it was easy.

Wii U won't fail but it will stay irrelevant for most of the next gen, only becoming relevant when games like Pikmin and Super Smash Bros release.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Look at all the deluded sheep in here saying "Oh well the Wii U is the PS3 of this generation" "Wii U will bounce back like the PS3 did"

The Wii U and PS3 are not the same. Playstation 3 and Wii U both have had a bad start but the DIFFERENCE is that PS3 was released as a console way ahead of its time but simply too expensive for consumers. Wii U is a console mad to catch up with the previous generation and its not super expensive so its reason for failing comes down to Nintendos poor decisions.

How can you sheep proudly believe that the Wii U will definitely bounce back when (lets face it) it will have no third party support? Playstation 2 was a weak console but its third party support was amazing + making games for it was easy.

Wii U won't fail but it will stay irrelevant for most of the next gen, only becoming relevant when games like Pikmin and Super Smash Bros release.

ThisIsTwoFace

Maybe because ninty totally failed in the marketing department annd they barely released no interesting games for the console.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

super600

Maybe because ninty totally failed in the marketing department annd they barely released no interesting games for the console.

Sequel to the fifth best selling wii game isn't interesting enough?
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#125 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

ThisIsTwoFace
Why u mad?
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Yes, every Console has an amazing library of software after 4 months on the market. :roll:

Just stupid.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#127 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Oh, you mean like former first parties Atari (inb4Infogrames) and SEGA, who are now (in most ways for SEGA) dubbed irrelevant, and even moreso WHEN they went third party?

The only things they have/had to keep getting mentioned is like Total War (SEGA), Virtua Fighter (SEGA), and Dragon Ball Z (Atari before Namco Bandai took over international localization rights), other than that, look where they are now? Atari (again, inb4Inforgrames) is bankrupt and SEGA's own fans, especially those that are fans of a blue hedgehog, a hair wearing witch, and a Saturn JRPG hate their ass.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
Nah, I'm sure they'll succeed
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

Playstation 2 was a weak console but its third party support was amazing + making games for it was easy.

ThisIsTwoFace

:lol:

PS2 was a NIGHTMARE to develop for.  Widely regarded as being much worse than the PS3 ever was.

The PS2 had strong 3rd party support coming off the PS1 and it just happened to be right place/right time with DVD.  It was a perfect storm and Sony capitilized on it big time.

Ease of development was never the contributor for strong 3rd party support and massive success for the PS2.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#130 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Yes, every Console has an amazing library of software after 4 months on the market. :roll:

Just stupid.

Puckhog04

What's even more incredible is that the WiiU had a pretty AWESOME Launch Line Up.

What people were expecting though was since the console had about the same specs as a 360 or a PS3 it should have gotten, DMC, Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, and Crysis 3.

it didn't though, and from the looks of it, it won't ever.

ThisIsTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 ThisIsTwoFace
Member since 2011 • 1132 Posts

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

bbkkristian

Why u mad?

Im actually very happy knowing that with Sony I know that I shall be getting the best multiplats and best exclusives with the PS4.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#132 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

ThisIsTwoFace

Why u mad?

Im actually very happy knowing that with Sony I know that I shall be getting the best multiplats and best exclusives with the PS4.

lol at thinking PS4 will be better than PC.

towny_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#133 towny_
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts

The tablet controller was a huge mistake considering they got the 3DS. Fail #2

whitetiger3521

Explain? The tablet controller adds something new to the console and seperates it from how convential consoles work.

Nintendo finally decided to go HD but the specs of the hardware will again lag behind the competition of the PS4 and new Xbox. Fail #3

whitetiger3521

Is this seriously such a huge problem? Why is everyone making such a big deal about this? Nintendo creates the best first party games in the market at the moment. Who cares if the graphics don't look exactly like real life. There is so much charm and the experience that nintendo creates through gameplay is unforgettable.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Lionheart08

The Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance were what was making Nintendo majority of their money, not the N64 and Gamecube.

The N64 and GC were also printing money, alongside the Game Boy and GBA. Unlike Sega, Sony and Microsoft who often made losses on the hardware, Nintendo have always made a profit on each console sold (until the Wii U). Even ignoring their handheld success, Nintendo were still making profit from consoles in the N64 and GC days. Nintendo have never sold a console at a loss until the Wii U, and even then it still hasn't resulted in an overall loss yet. Nintendo has a proven track record of printing money for 30 years.
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
Nintendo needs to go 3rd party and release games on ios/android and google tv's
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Jag85
Nintendo needs to go 3rd party and release games on ios/android and google tv's metal_zombie
Unless Nintendo starts making a loss, that's not going to happen any time in the near future.
eyebrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 eyebrows
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

*sigh*

First of all I am manticore to the max, I don't have any bias and love all companies equally...here's one of my setups:

88849341.jpg

I also for this gen have 2 PS Vitas (one black one white), a 3DS and a 3DS XL and I buy all my consoles etc. at launch.

The Wii U however, has been the exception to this as I know this is going to sound harsh but...the system just flat-out SUCKS.

Crap hardware, mediocre/trash games, tedious name, annoying main control scheme once the nolvelty wears off and for what it is and what the competition a) already has out and b) what is going to come out (ie PS4)...just plain overpriced.

But this is NINTENDO! We have to remember this and once the quality exclusives start rolling out it will be inevitably better just like it was for the 3DS but right now the system is garbage IMO.

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
It's too early to tell wether or not it failed, personally I think it will sell less than it's predecessor and maybe not as much as the PS4, however I dont see a doomed nintendo at all, just look at how they managed to turn the 3DS into a success when everyone saw it as a failure. I still have to pick up my wii U but I definitively will.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

Everyone kept telling them not to continue with the Wii name and they didn't listen. Fail #1

lol who is "everyone"?

The tablet controller was a huge mistake considering they got the 3DS. Fail #2

What does their console controller have to do with their handheld?

Nintendo finally decided to go HD but the specs of the hardware will again lag behind the competition of the PS4 and new Xbox. Fail #3

Do you honestly think a dedicated gaming company will wage that war against two giants?

3rd party support is lagging big time and going the same route as the Cube and Wii. Fail #4

That is a fail.  And its been a fail for 15 years.

I don't know who is really in charge of Nintendo but whoever gave the green light for the Wii U needs to get fired.

Assuming the Wii U will be a total failure even though its only been out for a few months and Nintendo hasnt even launched their flagship yet.

The days of Nintendo are pretty much numbered unless they accept the failure of the Wii U and come out with a real console.

I've been hearing this for over a decade.  And I'll continue to hear it for over a decade more I'm sure.  Always a new generation of idiots to deal with.

sandbox3d

good post
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

Playstation 2 was a weak console but its third party support was amazing + making games for it was easy.

sandbox3d

PS2 was a NIGHTMARE to develop for.  Widely regarded as being much worse than the PS3 ever was.

The PS2 had strong 3rd party support coming off the PS1 and it just happened to be right place/right time with DVD.  It was a perfect storm and Sony capitilized on it big time.

Ease of development was never the contributor for strong 3rd party support and massive success for the PS2.

indeed. im glad you pointed that out. some people here just like to talk out of their a$$es and pswn it off as fact.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

jessejay420

indeed. im glad you pointed that out. some people here just like to talk out of their a$$es and pswn it off as fact.

Misinformation wars!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Jag85
[QUOTE="sandbox3d"]

[QUOTE="ThisIsTwoFace"]

jessejay420

The PS2 was the most difficult console to develop for that generation. The Dreamcast, GameCube and Xbox were all easier to develop for than the PS2.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Don't care what any fanboy says, if WiiU fails Nintendo might drop out from the console  system business.

WiiU will be the last of the Nintendo game systems.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Jag85

Don't care what any fanboy says, if WiiU fails Nintendo might drop out from the console  system business.

WiiU will be the last of the Nintendo game systems.

Mrmedia01
Even if Wii U fails, Nintendo has enough money to keep making consoles for the next few decades.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Removing fanboy-ism, Nintendo did fail horrible in several areas with Wii U.

1: Name. Wii U does not differentiate it enough away from Wii, and it has been shown o confuse  consumers.

2: Marketing. It was *****. With all the Wii dollers in the bank they managed to fail worse at launch advertiing than Sony with the PS3.

3: No great system selling launch title games. And in general the third party has dropped support, which restricts its future catalogue growth.

4: Poor specs. Nintendo does not have to go toe to toe with PS4/Next Box, but it should not be struggling to prove its better than current gen tech. Thats pathetic.

5: Online has been improved, but still falls short of its competition.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#146 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

Jankarcop

Unlikely. It takes 2 to 3 consecutive failed consoles to exit the hardware market entirely. Nintendo made it big with the Wii. They have spare change. It'll take more than just the Wii U to take em' down.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

jhcho2

Unlikely. It takes 2 to 3 consecutive failed consoles to exit the hardware market entirely. Nintendo made it big with the Wii. They have spare change. It'll take more than just the Wii U to take em' down.

Mhm. 

Plus they own the handheld market. I think they'll be alright. 

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

*sigh*

First of all I am manticore to the max, I don't have any bias and love all companies equally...here's one of my setups:

88849341.jpg

I also for this gen have 2 PS Vitas (one black one white), a 3DS and a 3DS XL and I buy all my consoles etc. at launch.

The Wii U however, has been the exception to this as I know this is going to sound harsh but...the system just flat-out SUCKS.

Crap hardware, mediocre/trash games, tedious name, annoying main control scheme once the nolvelty wears off and for what it is and what the competition a) already has out and b) what is going to come out (ie PS4)...just plain overpriced.

But this is NINTENDO! We have to remember this and once the quality exclusives start rolling out it will be inevitably better just like it was for the 3DS but right now the system is garbage IMO.

eyebrows
1) How is the hardware crap when we haven't seen what it is fully capable of? 2) Mediocre/trash games? So the games that got 8s or so are trash? 3) Tedious name? Really? 4) Annoying control scheme? Did you even try it, especially the games that use it well? 5) How is it overpriced when Nintendo is selling at a loss?
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I find Nintendo's biggest mistake was miscalculating 3rd party support.hiphops_savior
That and Western 3rd Party are never going to support a Nintendo console even if the Wii U is more powerful than the PS4.

No one wants to develop for that sh!tty tablet.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

At this point I can absolutely see nintendo changing to a software producer or a handheld/software producer. After all I've seen from the wii u it's pretty much deserved. They're definitely not the same nintendo that released the SNES thats for damn sure.