Nintendo failed with the Wii U and it's their own fault

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts

Everyone kept telling them not to continue with the Wii name and they didn't listen. Fail #1

The tablet controller was a huge mistake considering they got the 3DS. Fail #2

Nintendo finally decided to go HD but the specs of the hardware will again lag behind the competition of the PS4 and new Xbox. Fail #3

3rd party support is lagging big time and going the same route as the Cube and Wii. Fail #4

I don't know who is really in charge of Nintendo but whoever gave the green light for the Wii U needs to get fired. The days of Nintendo are pretty much numbered unless they accept the failure of the Wii U and come out with a real console.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Wii U is their last console. mark my words.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Jankarcop
You're an idiot. Mark my words.
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 whitetiger3521

Jankarcop

They have the $. There is no way that the Wii-U would be their last console. However they are going to continue losing $ and sales if they don't just accept the Wii-U as a mistake kinda like the Virtual Boy.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Nintendo should go 3rd party because they don't know how to do (console) hardware and just release games and peripherals for other consoles.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

Way to early to say the Wii U failed 

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

Nintendo should go 3rd party because they don't know how to do (console) hardware and just release games and peripherals for other consoles.

Gue1
Hell no. Especially since your kind doesn't even give a damn about Nintendo. You asking them to become third party is REAL ironic after all you said.
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whitetiger3521

ebrezzy1

:lol: WAKE UP the PS4 is coming out this year and the next Xbox is right behind it. Plus you can't forget about the Steam Box and other dedicated PC consoles that are on the way.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Jankarcop

I hope so. Nintendo is an embarrassment to the gaming industry.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nintendoboy16

Jankarcop
You wish...
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

whitetiger3521

:lol: WAKE UP the PS4 is coming out this year and the next Xbox is right behind it. Plus you can't forget about the Steam Box and other dedicated PC consoles that are on the way.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We still have to wait. Anything can happen. But yes, the PS4 looks great and the WiiU has been underwhelming. And this is coming from someone that will buy a PS4 this year, and a WiiU in the future (without a solid date for it)
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

NathanDrakeSwag

They still make some of the best games. =/
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

nintendoboy16

You wish...

I don't know why you think Nintendo need to make a console to make great games. They suck at consoles. Even the Wii sucked...crappy products sell sometimes. Nintendo is just in over their heads and should stick to software. People say they are sitting on $5 billion and the Wii U is the best they could do?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Giancar

Games most gamers won't have access because of the garbage hardware required to play. I'll be damned if I will buy a console for a few exclusives.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Giancar

Like what? The baby boomer lineup that they have rehashed for 30 years?

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Another Wii U doom thread, that's a surprise :/
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Nintendo is for people who can't handle complex games. Basically the same games for last 20 years.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whitetiger3521

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Giancar

LIKE WHAT? The only games that has some major support is Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros *which will be on 3DS* and Pokemon *which is on 3DS*. Pretty much there is no reason for the Wii U when all the major franchises are available on the 3DS. 3rd party support sucks big time and more developers are coming out and saying they are pretty much not gonna support the console.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Please, make more boring repetitive topics about the Wii-U that we've seen already like 20 times.

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Giancar

All you need to do is look at his username to not take him seriously. :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

StrongBlackVine

You wish...

I don't know why you think Nintendo need to make a console to make great games. They suck at consoles. Even the Wii sucked...crappy products sell sometimes. Nintendo is just in over their heads and should stick to software. People say they are sitting on $5 billion and the Wii U is the best they could do?

Can you blame them? The most graphically powerful "hardcore" (really loose terms here as this wasn't said before with the GameCube, that console became a subject to flip-flopping) consoles they had lost sales and marketshare. Better to do something to stick out and succeed (though Wii U is struggling right now, but things change), rather than jump on bandwagons and get your ass kicked.
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="Giancar"] They still make some of the best games. =/StrongBlackVine

Nintendo is for people who can't handle complex games. Basically the same games for last 20 years.

Agreed. All Nintendo makes are platformers, mini game collections, kart racers and motion fitness/sports games. They are holding poor Bayonetta hostage.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ebrezzy1

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

whitetiger3521

And the PS4 and Next Xbox will make people go to the stores again for consoles ... everyone will be asking for or wanting the new console ... not everyone is going to pay $500 so the Wii U is the choice ... Plus Nintendo didn't even release no games yet ... Whats the only system that has system seller games Nintendo 

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

NathanDrakeSwag

As compared to the revolutionary Uncharted and God of War right?
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] You wish...nintendoboy16

Can you blame them? The most graphically powerful "hardcore" (really loose terms here as this wasn't said before with the GameCube, that console became a subject to flip-flopping) consoles they had lost sales and marketshare. Better to do something to stick out and succeed (though Wii U is struggling right now, but things change), rather than jump on bandwagons and get your ass kicked.

So you are saying it impossible for Nintendo to make a console that host great first party games and get 3rd party support. How can newcomer like Microsoft do it so easily? Again it not like Nintendo doesn't have the resources. One failure with Gamecube and they decide that only gimmick controls will work?

I talk a lot of crap about Nintendo, but I respect them a lot more than M$. I just annoys me to see them not even try.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whitetiger3521

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] You wish...nintendoboy16

Hell yes the blame is on them completely! The Wii U didn't have to be the most powerful hardcore console but they sure as hell needed to come out with something that would be able to match up with the PS4 and next Xbox!!! The Wii U will continue to struggle there really is no turning back, they already made the mistake.

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 whitetiger3521

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

ebrezzy1

And the PS4 and Next Xbox will make people go to the stores again for consoles ... everyone will be asking for or wanting the new console ... not everyone is going to pay $500 so the Wii U is the choice ... Plus Nintendo didn't even release no games yet ... Whats the only system that has system seller games Nintendo

:lol: the only system that has system seller games? Yeah the PS4 and next Xbox will drive way more people than the Wii U did there is no doubt about that.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9584 Posts

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

Giancar

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We still have to wait. Anything can happen. But yes, the PS4 looks great and the WiiU has been underwhelming. And this is coming from someone that will buy a PS4 this year, and a WiiU in the future (without a solid date for it)

This

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 whitetiger3521

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

WitIsWisdom

This

If you have to wait to see that the Wii U is a failure then you are either are really stuck up Nitendo's ass or are blind.

andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

Jankarcop
It's not their last but it's close.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

StrongBlackVine

So you are saying it impossible for Nintendo to make a console that host great first party games and get 3rd party support. How can newcomer like Microsoft do it so easily? Again it not like Nintendo doesn't have the resources. One failure with Gamecube and they decide that only gimmick controls will work?

I talk a lot of crap about Nintendo, but I respect them a lot more than M$. I just annoys me to see them not even try.

Outside of graphical power, when you see the that controversies erupt over what third party games they get (major examples being on GameCube, Wii, and Wii U), as well as a past that haunts them for their previous actions, a lot of which they try to let go (examples: censorship, rules on indie devs)? It surely seems that way. What works for Sony won't work for Nintendo.

It's not just low GameCube sales, the damage they received from N64 attributed a lot into what made them make the Wii too.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9584 Posts

People have been saying that Nintendo was dead in the water since the N64 days, but they keep chugging along. With all the money they made with the Wii, they could ride the crap wagon for this entire gen. and still make another console in a few years no matter how bad the WiiU may or may not fail.

I know I will be getting one on a year or two. I'm justing waiting for a handful of exclusives that interest me. Also, I am one of those people that over the past 30 years has enjoyed the same "rehashed" franchises. They are good. Just like the saying goes "if it's not broken don't fix it!"

They could work on advertising and getting more 3rd party support... however I have faith that Nintendo will turn things around.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

whitetiger3521

Hell yes the blame is on them completely! The Wii U didn't have to be the most powerful hardcore console but they sure as hell needed to come out with something that would be able to match up with the PS4 and next Xbox!!! The Wii U will continue to struggle there really is no turning back, they already made the mistake.

You mean like how 3DS is still struggling like it did at launch?
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="Giancar"] They still make some of the best games. =/Shottayouth13-

Would not hurt Nintendo to make some new IPs.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

whitetiger3521

No one knows how well those consoles will sell. They may sell slightly more than the WiiU for all we know if they are unlucky.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ebrezzy1

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

whitetiger3521

:lol: the only system that has system seller games? Yeah the PS4 and next Xbox will drive way more people than the Wii U did there is no doubt about that.

you'll see when Mario comes out and more importantly a new Zelda ... no one that calls him or herself a gamer is gonna wanna miss the first HD Zelda title ... Zelda is the one game i believe everyone can't wait to see 

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"] Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We still have to wait. Anything can happen. But yes, the PS4 looks great and the WiiU has been underwhelming. And this is coming from someone that will buy a PS4 this year, and a WiiU in the future (without a solid date for it)whitetiger3521

This

If you have to wait to see that the Wii U is a failure then you are either are really stuck up Nitendo's ass or are blind.

If the Vita(At least in Japan) and 3DS can recover, I think the Wii U has a pretty good shot at recovering, but I'm not blind to deny that it's struggling.
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

ebrezzy1

you'll see when Mario comes out and more importantly a new Zelda ... no one that calls him or herself a gamer is gonna wanna miss the first HD Zelda title ... Zelda is the one game i believe everyone can't wait to see 

An HD remake of Zelda...not even an original. How come Zelda and Mario couldn't save the Gamecube?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Jankarcop
Good thing your words don't mean sh!t.
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

ebrezzy1

Mario and Zelda didn't save Gamecube and N64 from getting destroyed by Sony.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrongBlackVine

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

NathanDrakeSwag

Mario and Zelda didn't save Gamecube and N64 from getting destroyed by Sony.

Yep.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ebrezzy1

[QUOTE="ebrezzy1"]

[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"]

StrongBlackVine

An HD remake of Zelda...not even an original. How come Zelda and Mario couldn't save the Gamecube?

Nah not that Zelda title the new one there making ... Didn't Nintendo make money off the Gamecube ? i believe they did so the Gamecube didn't really fail ... I'm not saying the system is gonna sell like the Wii or anything ... I'm just saying the Wii U is not a fail yet its to early to call it that when they didn't even release any games ... its still a wait n see with the Wii U 

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

StrongBlackVine

This is a list of new Nintedo IPs since 2001 Nintendo Gamecube Luigi's Mansion Pikmin Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem GiFTPiA Donkey Konga Battalion Wars Geist Chibi-Robo! Odama Nintendo Wii Art Style Wii Sports Excite Truck Wii Play Endless Ocean Wii Fit Wii Music Disaster: Day of Crisis Captain Rainbow Common sense of people power TV Tact of Magic FlingSmash Dynamic Slash And-Kensaku Pandora's Tower Kiki Trick Xenoblade Chronicles The Last Story Zangeki no Reginleiv Wii-Ware Bonsai Barber Rock N Roll Climber PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit You, Me and the Cubes Eco Shooter: Plant 530 Snowpack Park ThruSpace Line Attack Heroes Fluidity Wii-U P-100 Panorama View Nintendo Land X Game Boy Advance Golden Sun Magical Vacation Napoleon Kuririn Horse Racing Creating Derby Stafy Tomato Adventure WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ Drill Dozer Rhythm Tengoku bit Generations Nintendo DS Polarium Nintendogs Jump Super Stars Electroplankton Big Brain Academy Brain Age Clubhouse Games Magnetica Elite Beat Agents Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Trace Memory Master of Illusion Slide Adventure MAGKID Soma Bringer Jam with the Band Fossil Fighters Style Savvy Glory of Heracles Friend Collection Walk with me! Do you know your walking routine? Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? Dsi Aura Aura Climber Art Academy Kappa Trail Pinball Pulse: The Ancient Beckons Nintendo 3ds Steel Diver 3DS Ware Harmo Knight Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! Pushmo Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword Dillon's Rolling Western Ketzal's Corridors *** You can't expect them to just forsake their biggest franchises just like that, that's a bad business move from all ends.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Another Wii U doom thread, that's a surprise :/layton2012
A dying system deserves attention.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="layton2012"]Another Wii U doom thread, that's a surprise :/silversix_

A dying system deserves attention.

There should be a limit to how many threads are created by a user per day about the same topic.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] As compared to the revolutionary Uncharted and God of War right?Shottayouth13-

This is a list of new Nintedo IPs since 2001 Nintendo Gamecube Luigi's Mansion Pikmin Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem GiFTPiA Donkey Konga Battalion Wars Geist Chibi-Robo! Odama Nintendo Wii Art Style Wii Sports Excite Truck Wii Play Endless Ocean Wii Fit Wii Music Disaster: Day of Crisis Captain Rainbow Common sense of people power TV Tact of Magic FlingSmash Dynamic Slash And-Kensaku Pandora's Tower Kiki Trick Xenoblade Chronicles The Last Story Zangeki no Reginleiv Wii-Ware Bonsai Barber Rock N Roll Climber PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit You, Me and the Cubes Eco Shooter: Plant 530 Snowpack Park ThruSpace Line Attack Heroes Fluidity Wii-U P-100 Panorama View Nintendo Land X Game Boy Advance Golden Sun Magical Vacation Napoleon Kuririn Horse Racing Creating Derby Stafy Tomato Adventure WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ Drill Dozer Rhythm Tengoku bit Generations Nintendo DS Polarium Nintendogs Jump Super Stars Electroplankton Big Brain Academy Brain Age Clubhouse Games Magnetica Elite Beat Agents Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Trace Memory Master of Illusion Slide Adventure MAGKID Soma Bringer Jam with the Band Fossil Fighters Style Savvy Glory of Heracles Friend Collection Walk with me! Do you know your walking routine? Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? Dsi Aura Aura Climber Art Academy Kappa Trail Pinball Pulse: The Ancient Beckons Nintendo 3ds Steel Diver 3DS Ware Harmo Knight Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! Pushmo Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword Dillon's Rolling Western Ketzal's Corridors *** You can't expect them to just forsake their biggest franchises just like that, that's a bad business move from all ends.

Just out of curiosity, what is Microsoft's newest IP?
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

PurpleMan5000

It's most likely a recent XBL Arcade game or a Kinect game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"][QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"] This is a list of new Nintedo IPs since 2001 Nintendo Gamecube Luigi's Mansion Pikmin Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem GiFTPiA Donkey Konga Battalion Wars Geist Chibi-Robo! Odama Nintendo Wii Art Style Wii Sports Excite Truck Wii Play Endless Ocean Wii Fit Wii Music Disaster: Day of Crisis Captain Rainbow Common sense of people power TV Tact of Magic FlingSmash Dynamic Slash And-Kensaku Pandora's Tower Kiki Trick Xenoblade Chronicles The Last Story Zangeki no Reginleiv Wii-Ware Bonsai Barber Rock N Roll Climber PictureBook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit You, Me and the Cubes Eco Shooter: Plant 530 Snowpack Park ThruSpace Line Attack Heroes Fluidity Wii-U P-100 Panorama View Nintendo Land X Game Boy Advance Golden Sun Magical Vacation Napoleon Kuririn Horse Racing Creating Derby Stafy Tomato Adventure WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ Drill Dozer Rhythm Tengoku bit Generations Nintendo DS Polarium Nintendogs Jump Super Stars Electroplankton Big Brain Academy Brain Age Clubhouse Games Magnetica Elite Beat Agents Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Trace Memory Master of Illusion Slide Adventure MAGKID Soma Bringer Jam with the Band Fossil Fighters Style Savvy Glory of Heracles Friend Collection Walk with me! Do you know your walking routine? Cooking Guide: Can't Decide What To Eat? Dsi Aura Aura Climber Art Academy Kappa Trail Pinball Pulse: The Ancient Beckons Nintendo 3ds Steel Diver 3DS Ware Harmo Knight Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! Pushmo Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword Dillon's Rolling Western Ketzal's Corridors *** You can't expect them to just forsake their biggest franchises just like that, that's a bad business move from all ends.super600

It's most likely a recent XBL Arcade game or a Kinect game.

Oh, right. I was actually kind of debating whether Gears was newer than Forza, but it's probably something like Kinectimals.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Oh boi, some of you just make me giggle..
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
Yay, another premature epitaph by trolls who are trying to compensate for something they don't have.