New Features for Xbox One

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

now i see why kinect is included... very nice features...

if xbox live is a beast and the interface is wonderful it might beat the playstation again.

KBFloYd
Again? Xbox has been 3rd place every time and now it will be 2nd because the wiiU is honestly a niche thing at this point.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

if xbox live is a beast and the interface is wonderful it might beat the playstation again.

YoshiYogurt

Again? Xbox has been 3rd place every time and now it will be 2nd because the wiiU is honestly a niche thing at this point.

360 was 2nd the whole gen...only last for 3 or 4 months... to me ps3 finished last.

also if we ignore sales... i still think the 360 was a better console... i had a ps3 for a while.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

360 was 2nd the whole gen...only last for 3 or 4 months... to me ps3 finished last.

also if we ignore sales... i still think the 360 was a better console... i had a ps3 for a while.

I don't see how anyone can prefer the 360. PS3 got more and better exclusives...
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

Xbox-One-Called-Xbone-Probably-A-Less-Te

pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

[QUOTE="pcgamingowns"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] You need to go outside and go bird watching. Maybe walk on the beach. Tell your boyfriend you love him. Something to chill you out.

EDIT- Just realized you are probably a Hermit. Outside is on the other side of your front door. OK. Thats it.

timbers_WSU

you need to realize killer instinct isnt killer instinct on xdone it's a casualized piece of shit. chicks need to play real games not some stupid ass dance game. original xbox we had a all chick clan on unreal championship called pms what happened?

I can't say I really care what happened. Can't say I care what some girl plays in her spare time unless she is playing with me. But everyone here that is a console gamer knows this conversation. Everything created on the console is casual and therefore Hermits no longer get god games. Everything has been consolized and it is garbage. Right? And yet I bet you spend $100's on Steam and will trip over your own penis to get in here and post random pics of a game during a PS3 VS 360 graphics thread. And then try your hardest to convince everyone to sell their consoles, dog, wives breast implants, and kids college fund to get a PC and a bunch of games no one wants to play.
So I will save you some time. Some people have different taste than you do. Some people will look at Crysis 3 on Holy Shit! settings and balk before going back to Mario. And there is nothing wrong with that.
You are uptight for nothing.

If girls want to be respected by men as ''gamers'' then they need to play some real f*cking games kid not some piece of shit casual garbage ill laugh at you.
pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

[QUOTE="pcgamingowns"] you need to realize killer instinct isnt killer instinct on xdone it's a casualized piece of shit. chicks need to play real games not some stupid ass dance game. original xbox we had a all chick clan on unreal championship called pms what happened?

XBOunity

I can't say I really care what happened. Can't say I care what some girl plays in her spare time unless she is playing with me. But everyone here that is a console gamer knows this conversation. Everything created on the console is casual and therefore Hermits no longer get god games. Everything has been consolized and it is garbage. Right? And yet I bet you spend $100's on Steam and will trip over your own penis to get in here and post random pics of a game during a PS3 VS 360 graphics thread. And then try your hardest to convince everyone to sell their consoles, dog, wives breast implants, and kids college fund to get a PC and a bunch of games no one wants to play.
So I will save you some time. Some people have different taste than you do. Some people will look at Crysis 3 on Holy Shit! settings and balk before going back to Mario. And there is nothing wrong with that.

max is the biggest Killer Instinct fan and he is saying its being done right for Killer Instinct fans, ill take his opinion over anyones in regards to KI....

Big killer instinct fan huh? That didnt even play killer instinct in the arcades in 1994 like i did, it's a huge disgrace piece of shit to the franchise.
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6238 Posts
More and More awesome features. Really looking forward to trying them out. They are useless to PS4 gamers because they wont have them. Play games better on Xbox One :)
Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Again? Xbox has been 3rd place every time and now it will be 2nd because the wiiU is honestly a niche thing at this point.YoshiYogurt

I don't see how anyone can prefer the 360. PS3 got more and better exclusives...

There are smart people on forum after all. Also, 360 was only ever ahead because extra year and longer in europe. PS3 sell more every year except one. No headstart next generation.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

yes it can read your finger movements, original kinect could track 20 points on your body, this kinect tracks 100.    Reading sign language is possible.

XBOunity

Do you have a source for that?
Here (3:30) the development manager of the Kinect is not saying there's finger joint tracking while pointing out key joints the Kinect recognizes.

The sign language translation software is almost definitely utilizing the old Kinect. Surprised it works as well as it appears to.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20/microsofts-next-gen-features-for-xbox-one

2:40 on can track individual finger movements.

So no then.

That's the video that prompted my inquiry as to whether the Kinect has seen a sudden improvement or if IGN is being crap. All I've heard up until this point is that the Kinect recognizes what's essentially paddle hands, or clamp hands. Thumb (tracks the tip I think), and then the rest of the hand by the points of your fingertips. So it can recognize grabbing moves, but not individual fingers, or their joints.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

YoshiYogurt

Sorry brah, Xbox definitely beat Gamecube, and is still ahead of PS3 until Sony release some official numbers :( Hate to break the news

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

Xbox ONe is a true next generation leap. The PS4 is just a beefed up PS3..

PS4TrumpsXbox1
The x1 isnt even a games system, its a means to spy on you

OK! You keep believing that. Meanwhile those of us who are getting the X1 will be having a great time with all of our new games and great innovations that the Kinect 2 brings to gaming. Heck, go watch the video of Driveclub at E3 and take notice of the fact that they had the PSEye hooked up so that you can implement your face for your track records for club recognition. But using the PSEye would be an attempt at spying on you right? I mean while you have it on, someone at Sony could be scanning your house for valuables! Oh wait! Thats right, it's only spying if MS does it. If Sony implememnts the PSEye in meaningful gaming purposes, it is a great idea and brings gaming to new heights!
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#112 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

RR360DD

Sorry brah, Xbox definitely beat Gamecube, and is still ahead of PS3 until Sony release some official numbers :( Hate to break the news

XBOX beat Gamecube. We will never know the real PS3 numbers since they started combining PS2 sales with them. I doubt the PS2 sales were dramatic. Bottom line is people were saying the generation ended when the Wii U was released. The 360 was clearly in second at that time. But in all honest a few 100,000 more for either company in nothing to brag about in the bigger picture. It is money actually made for the entire life cycle that matters.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"] Do you have a source for that?
Here (3:30) the development manager of the Kinect is not saying there's finger joint tracking while pointing out key joints the Kinect recognizes.

The sign language translation software is almost definitely utilizing the old Kinect. Surprised it works as well as it appears to.

McStrongfast

So no then.

That's the video that prompted my inquiry as to whether the Kinect has seen a sudden improvement or if IGN is being crap. All I've heard up until this point is that the Kinect recognizes what's essentially paddle hands, or clamp hands. Thumb (tracks the tip I think), and then the rest of the hand by the points of your fingertips. So it can recognize grabbing moves, but not individual fingers, or their joints.

"can track your individual finger movements within 3 meters, and works in a minimum of 1 meter"     from the video.     I guess we need more info but ill be it will do sign language, its ok to have doubts, but i think Microsoft has done it right.    SO much so they intergrated the freaking camera into there whole system.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 XBOunity

wanna know someething sad, the original Kinect is still better than the PSeye for the next gen ps4.       so Move 2.0 and motion controls still lack behind last gen Kinect experience.    truth

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
None of those are new..lol
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 XBOunity

None of those are new..lolHeil68

BMI tracking?    that is new dude :lol:

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

[QUOTE="pcgamingowns"] you need to realize killer instinct isnt killer instinct on xdone it's a casualized piece of shit. chicks need to play real games not some stupid ass dance game. original xbox we had a all chick clan on unreal championship called pms what happened?

pcgamingowns

If girls want to be respected by men as ''gamers'' then they need to play some real f*cking games kid not some piece of shit casual garbage ill laugh at you.

Why are you pretending you have had girls in your life? With your attitude you would not be able to get laid if you were a throw rug. Unless you paid for it. Which requires a job. Or Mother. Who cares really?
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 XBOunity

[QUOTE="pcgamingowns"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I can't say I really care what happened. Can't say I care what some girl plays in her spare time unless she is playing with me. But everyone here that is a console gamer knows this conversation. Everything created on the console is casual and therefore Hermits no longer get god games. Everything has been consolized and it is garbage. Right? And yet I bet you spend $100's on Steam and will trip over your own penis to get in here and post random pics of a game during a PS3 VS 360 graphics thread. And then try your hardest to convince everyone to sell their consoles, dog, wives breast implants, and kids college fund to get a PC and a bunch of games no one wants to play.

timbers_WSU

Why are you pretending you have had girls in your life? With your attitude you would not be able to get laid if you were a throw rug. Unless you paid for it. Which requires a job. Or Mother. Who cares really?

he is the definition of hater of casuals

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="pcgamingowns"] If girls want to be respected by men as ''gamers'' then they need to play some real f*cking games kid not some piece of shit casual garbage ill laugh at you.XBOunity

Last night I thought he was drunk or got RROD, or his wife cheated on him with a 9 year old or something. I never knew someone could get so mad over something they have never touched or used. I guess he really is this dumb. That is what I get for giving him the benefit of the doubt.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Why are you pretending you have had girls in your life? With your attitude you would not be able to get laid if you were a throw rug. Unless you paid for it. Which requires a job. Or Mother. Who cares really?timbers_WSU

Last night I thought he was drunk or got RROD, or his wife cheated on him with a 9 year old or something. I never knew someone could get so mad over something they have never touched or used. I guess he really is this dumb. That is what I get for giving him the benefit of the doubt.

yes i think he was drunk, i asked him, he is ok, just really hates the xbox.   he says he is a beta tester and so was I, but we still cant f igure out which game i am referring too.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Again? Xbox has been 3rd place every time and now it will be 2nd because the wiiU is honestly a niche thing at this point.timbers_WSU

XBOX beat Gamecube. We will never know the real PS3 numbers since they started combining PS2 sales with them. I doubt the PS2 sales were dramatic. Bottom line is people were saying the generation ended when the Wii U was released. The 360 was clearly in second at that time. But in all honest a few 100,000 more for either company in nothing to brag about in the bigger picture. It is money actually made for the entire life cycle that matters.

ps2 sell 40 million more after launch of 360. Generation does not end with new system launch. Only bitter xbox fan say that, to damage control of 360 last place. money made does not matter to place, only wii profit. if a system profit but sells only 100,000 unit, does not mean they win generation. Faulty logic, and more damage control. Xbox does beat gamecube however.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Mr-Kutaragi

ps2 sell 40 million more after launch of 360. Generation does not end with new system launch. Only bitter xbox fan say that, to damage control of 360 last place. money made does not matter to place, only wii profit. if a system profit but sells only 100,000 unit, does not mean they win generation. Faulty logic, and more damage control. Xbox does beat gamecube however.

Blah blah blah derp. But I am a big fan of BBQ chicken.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts
:lol: who gives a shit when your best game is Titanfall Idiot lemmings get excited for everything BUT games. Last gen it was xbox360 faceplates, now it's face modeling. Who gives a shit? :lol: MS keeps announcing gimmicks to try and distract from the fact that X1 is an entry level gaming PC bottlenecked by OS'S and devices gamers don't need. I'll take the most powerful console ever made thts also cheap. PS4 day 1 baby
kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

:lol: who gives a shit when your best game is Titanfall Idiot lemmings get excited for everything BUT games. Last gen it was xbox360 faceplates, now it's face modeling. Who gives a shit? :lol: MS keeps announcing gimmicks to try and distract from the fact that X1 is an entry level gaming PC bottlenecked by OS'S and devices gamers don't need. I'll take the most powerful console ever made thts also cheap. PS4 day 1 babyDouevenlift_bro

Xbox One had better games at E3 then Playsatioon 4

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 XBOunity

sony fans are in denial if they still think ps3 won this generation.    360 won start to finish, its still selling at 299.    all multiplats or most sell better on 360, xbl was so successful it made SONY follow and copy XBL and charge for it with the ps4.   Sony had a huge market share before this gen, it lost alot of it, maybe it will get it back, but to say the PS3 was more successful is dogshit.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]:lol: who gives a shit when your best game is Titanfall Idiot lemmings get excited for everything BUT games. Last gen it was xbox360 faceplates, now it's face modeling. Who gives a shit? :lol: MS keeps announcing gimmicks to try and distract from the fact that X1 is an entry level gaming PC bottlenecked by OS'S and devices gamers don't need. I'll take the most powerful console ever made thts also cheap. PS4 day 1 babykenmid

Xbox One had better games at E3 then Playsatioon 4

What. K.I and Ryse? :lol::lol:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This is getting really sad.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I can say after hearing about these new features it's clear that the Xbox One = Future Gaming. :cool:

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

Cool, Im sure Sony will try and shoehorn some of these features into their PS4 as well.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 xhawk27

Cool, Im sure Sony will try and shoehorn some of these features into their PS4 as well.

GravityX

Sony copy someone else, Never! ;)

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts
lolKinect. Lemmings are getting really desperate.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 xhawk27

lolKinect. Lemmings are getting really desperate.Kaz_Son

If you don't think those are cool features you need to go back to playing old NES games!

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

Avatar's that smile when you smile?
Wonder what else I can make the Avatar do? 

timbers_WSU
Hopefully some pelvis thrusting.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 xhawk27

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Avatar's that smile when you smile?
Wonder what else I can make the Avatar do? 

22Toothpicks

Hopefully some pelvis thrusting.

You guys are sick! :lol:  Ok that does sound cool to use for Dance Central 4. :D

Kaz_Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Kaz_Son
Member since 2013 • 1389 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]lolKinect. Lemmings are getting really desperate.xhawk27

If you don't think those are cool features you need to go back to playing old NES games!

You sya that like it's a bad thing, NES>>>>>>>>XBone.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

[QUOTE="Kaz_Son"]lolKinect. Lemmings are getting really desperate.Kaz_Son

You sya that like it's a bad thing, NES>>>>>>>>XBone.

OWNED.

and PS4 is far more tech advanced than XBONE.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Awww look at all the cows crying because their PS4 is just a last gen console with added RAM :cool:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

So no then.

"can track your individual finger movements within 3 meters, and works in a minimum of 1 meter"     from the video.     I guess we need more info but ill be it will do sign language, its ok to have doubts, but i think Microsoft has done it right.    SO much so they intergrated the freaking camera into there whole system.

Yes, I know. And Microsoft employees actually working on the Kinect have been contradicting that statement, and this is the first I've heard of the supposed ability to track individual finger movements. Which is why I'm asking for an actual source to corroborate what that IGN guy is reporting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

[QUOTE="McStrongfast"]The last I heard, the Kinect couldn't track individual finger movements, rather your thumb and the rest of your hand. Did this change or is IGN being crap?XBOunity

yes it can read your finger movements, original kinect could track 20 points on your body, this kinect tracks 100.    Reading sign language is possible.

Also, this appears to be false. According to anywhere Google can find, the Kinect One can track 25 joints, with a max of 6 people at once.