New Features for Xbox One

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20/microsofts-next-gen-features-for-xbox-one

It's great year for gaming...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
tl;dr?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts
None of that seems new to me. :?
Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

lots of stuff about how it spies on you... great

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

Few interesting tidbits (User 3D modeling, for one, because I really want everyone to see how beautiful I am in videogame form)

Switching profile configuration automatically on the fly is cool, I guess - not a concern for me because I primarly game alone but could be coolish

Most interested to see how video uploading works and if it's clunky or not

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
None of that seems new to me. :?Stevo_the_gamer
new features...for consoles :P
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Xbox ONe is a true next generation leap. The PS4 is just a beefed up PS3..

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

seems like a waste of the bone's resources

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Avatar's that smile when you smile?
Wonder what else I can make the Avatar do? 

kenmid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kenmid
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts

Welcome all the PS haters..

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
Kinect is an awesome piece of hardware
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Cows are going to lose their sH7t over this.
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
but will it have blast processing
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 timbers_WSU
Cows are going to lose their sH7t over this. FoxbatAlpha
Well they already lost it once already in the Dead Rising 3 thread today. How much shit are they full of?
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
They call DR3 tremendous looking game and so is Forza5 and its next gen pre-bakery :lol: Avatar smiles when you smile... People sure will be buying x1 for this feature lol what a bunch of useless shit
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FoxbatAlpha
They call DR3 tremendous looking game and so is Forza5 and its next gen pre-bakery :lol: Avatar smiles when you smile... People sure will be buying x1 for this feature lol what a bunch of useless shitsilversix_
This may all seem useless now but the X1 will be packed with features. So may even turn out to be the "how did I ever live without this" feature. We shall see but I think it's shaping up to be truly next gen.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="silversix_"]They call DR3 tremendous looking game and so is Forza5 and its next gen pre-bakery :lol: Avatar smiles when you smile... People sure will be buying x1 for this feature lol what a bunch of useless shitFoxbatAlpha
This may all seem useless now but the X1 will be packed with features. So may even turn out to be the "how did I ever live without this" feature. We shall see but I think it's shaping up to be truly next gen.

He is a butthurt fanboy. Basically a waste of time. Move on man........
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
The tech behind Kinect is nuts. I'd love them to do something that wasn't a crappy game or a NSA spy device.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="silversix_"]They call DR3 tremendous looking game and so is Forza5 and its next gen pre-bakery :lol: Avatar smiles when you smile... People sure will be buying x1 for this feature lol what a bunch of useless shittimbers_WSU

Butthurt about what and fanboy of what? think before writing something. Move on lol

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FoxbatAlpha
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="silversix_"]They call DR3 tremendous looking game and so is Forza5 and its next gen pre-bakery :lol: Avatar smiles when you smile... People sure will be buying x1 for this feature lol what a bunch of useless shittimbers_WSU

Some day around November, every butthurt cow will see the light. I think they are more angry about no good launch line up, the share button and ClownZone: Framerate Fall. Meh indeed.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Meanwhile .... the PS4 is a last gen console with extra RAM LOL
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RR360DD
I thought they were getting rid of avatars
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AHUGECAT

Meanwhile .... the PS4 is a last gen console with extra RAM LOLRR360DD

buh but teh cell? Oh wait, that's the PS3.

Xbox One may not have teh powar teh PS4 has, but it changes the way we play games. Isn't it gameplay that matters?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Meanwhile .... the PS4 is a last gen console with extra RAM LOLAHUGECAT

Xbox One may not have teh powar teh PS4 has, but it changes the way we play games. Isn't it gameplay that matters?

Agreed. Kinect and the Cloud open up so many new innovative opportunities in games. PS4 allows for prettier graphics LOL

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Meanwhile .... the PS4 is a last gen console with extra RAM LOLAHUGECAT

Everywhere except System Wars....unless it benefit's Sony. Then it matters.
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
The tech behind Kinect is nuts. I'd love them to do something that wasn't a crappy game or a NSA spy device. clyde46
Well, that's why having it standard with the console is such a good idea. Takes away extra steps that devs might have to go through to utilize it in their games. If you know its there and everyone has one, its more compelling to integrate it. I really hope we see some super original, innovative, kick ass stuff with Kinect 2 in games.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
XBOX ONE = True Next Gen console gaming PS3 Ver.2 = last gen gaming with updated visuals!! Face it Sony Fanbots, yeah your console is $100 less, but it also has less technology and less capabilities!!
Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cuby_Finest
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts

the avatar feature is nice having kinect model you face in 3d + full expressions = :)

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

:lol: what a useless machine !!

MS is just making me more convinced and content with my choice everyday .... PS4 is the real deal.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 timbers_WSU
[QUOTE="clyde46"]The tech behind Kinect is nuts. I'd love them to do something that wasn't a crappy game or a NSA spy device. lockjaw333
Well, that's why having it standard with the console is such a good idea. Takes away extra steps that devs might have to go through to utilize it in their games. If you know its there and everyone has one, its more compelling to integrate it. I really hope we see some super original, innovative, kick ass stuff with Kinect 2 in games.

There is already some cool stuff coming with Kinect. Kinect Sports- No one is really talking about it but the first 2 were pretty good. Dead Rising- Allows you to get Zombies attention by making noise to set traps. Also to give your position away. Killer Instinct- Game recognizes who you are and saves your button configuration's, favorite, characters, and settings. EA is using it to call your audibles out in Madden instead of having to go through the menu. Madden players know there is never enough time to get your audibles set up before the clock runs down or the offense hikes the ball. The XB1 knows your voice and sets settings, game sales, movies, and music based on your user history. So it is being used. And this is just first day use. I am sure things will get better over time.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FoxbatAlpha
[QUOTE="ShoTTyMcNaDeS"]XBOX ONE = True Next Gen console gaming PS3 Ver.2 = last gen gaming with updated visuals!! Face it Sony Fanbots, yeah your console is $100 less, but it also has less technology and less capabilities!!

Every week we are really seeing more and more benefits of the X1. More news ahead and it's only going to get better. Didn't cows try to own yesterday because it was announced that their the PS3 headset could be used on the PS4? Yeah..........this is big news if you're a cow. Less tech and capabilities indeed!
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

AHUGECAT
It's actually the other way around....
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
[QUOTE="lockjaw333"][QUOTE="clyde46"]The tech behind Kinect is nuts. I'd love them to do something that wasn't a crappy game or a NSA spy device. timbers_WSU

There is already some cool stuff coming with Kinect. Kinect Sports- No one is really talking about it but the first 2 were pretty good. Dead Rising- Allows you to get Zombies attention by making noise to set traps. Also to give your position away. Killer Instinct- Game recognizes who you are and saves your button configuration's, favorite, characters, and settings. EA is using it to call your audibles out in Madden instead of having to go through the menu. Madden players know there is never enough time to get your audibles set up before the clock runs down or the offense hikes the ball. The XB1 knows your voice and sets settings, game sales, movies, and music based on your user history. So it is being used. And this is just first day use. I am sure things will get better over time.

Yeah man, I hear you. All of that sounds cool to me. I mean if nothing else, Kinect 2 is just a really cool piece of tech. I will probably get flamed for this, but getting it in the box for only $100 more is pretty cheap. I bet it would run for more by itself. I just never understood why people see Kinect as a bad thing. Its by far the best motion control solution out there, puts Wii and PS move (Wiimotes with balloons) to shame. Its just an option thats there, that cant be bad. Once devs start using it in hardcore games it will pay off.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FoxbatAlpha
[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

YoshiYogurt

You think just because of GDDR5 it's next gen? Share button that is based on developers opting to utilize it per game? Horrible launch line up and a yet to be seen capable network. Maybe you just don't know about the X1 and its features.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 YoshiYogurt
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

FoxbatAlpha

You think just because of GDDR5 it's next gen? Share button that is based on developers opting to utilize it per game? Horrible launch line up and a yet to be seen capable network. Maybe you just don't know about the X1 and its features.

PS4 has a stronger GPU. Killzone and Infamous look miles better than a fighting game remake and a racer. Not interested in mediocre rising.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#36 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]None of that seems new to me. :?lawlessx

No, I mean I knew about these console features before this video. :P

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FoxbatAlpha
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] It's actually the other way around....

PS4 has a stronger GPU. Killzone and Infamous look miles better than a fighting game remake and a racer. Not interested in mediocre rising.

Yeah that's what I thought, your education is lacking. So stronger GPU's define a generation? You are picking KZ just for the prettiness? That game is so linear and boring that it might possibly be the worst in the series. Infamous isn't a launch title.
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Meanwhile .... the PS4 is a last gen console with extra RAM LOLRR360DD

Agreed. Kinect and the Cloud open up so many new innovative opportunities in games. PS4 allows for prettier graphics LOL

Lol kinect
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] It's actually the other way around....

PS4 has a stronger GPU. Killzone and Infamous look miles better

You pretty much covered what was said here The PS4 is just a beefed up PS3.. without even saying anything else about what the ps4 can do.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Meanwhile .... the PS4 is a last gen console with extra RAM LOLRR360DD

The Xbox One has so many innovative games - Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Fantasia, Project Spark, Titanfall, etc. etc. The PS4 is literally just more of the same. Killzone: Shadow Fall is a generic FPS, Knack is a generic beat-em-up (NOT a platformer), Infamous... meh.

Microsoft is even more innovative than Nintendo this gen.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 YoshiYogurt
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"]

2ndWonder

The Xbox One has so many innovative games - Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Fantasia, Project Spark, Titanfall, etc. etc. The PS4 is literally just more of the same. Killzone: Shadow Fall is a generic FPS, Knack is a generic beat-em-up (NOT a platformer), Infamous... meh.

I don't see how forcing kinect is being innovative. Not buying a XBONE until they sell it without kinect.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

AHUGECAT

To be fair we haven't really seen anything from Nintendo yet. Nintendoland, Mario Wii U and......... The Wii U will be worth grabbing when Kart, Smash, and Bayonetta are released (And a price cut.) but the controller which is a good chunk of the consoles price has been pretty useless so far. Nintendo always goes through these slumps with their consoles but I think the Wii U is really giving them a hard time. They don't even know what to do with the controller. I wish they would drop it and add the Pro Controller and sell that for $199 or whatever.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AHUGECAT

I don't see how forcing kinect is being innovative. Not buying a XBONE until they sell it without kinect.YoshiYogurt

I think you meant to quote me. Anyway, it's innovative because it brings new ways to play old games, and new games period. The Kinect for Xbox 360 WAS indeed, a gimmick meant to get a slice of the Wii pie, but now it looks like Kinect 2 is the next step in true gaming.

PS4 is just a PS3 with more RAM and a better CPU. Xbox One has more RAM, and a better CPU than the 360 but also has the cloud and Kinect 2.

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

timbers_WSU

To be fair we haven't really seen anything from Nintendo yet. Nintendoland, Mario Wii U and......... The Wii U will be worth grabbing when Kart, Smash, and Bayonetta are released (And a price cut.) but the controller which is a good chunk of the consoles price has been pretty useless so far. Nintendo always goes through these slumps with their consoles but I think the Wii U is really giving them a hard time. They don't even know what to do with the controller. I wish they would drop it and add the Pro Controller and sell that for $199 or whatever.

So true. I am disappointed with the Wii U. The Wii was incredible for a while... there's no mystery on why it sold so much, but then Nintendo just kinda went downhill. The tablet controller was a big WTH? The Wiimote was based on SIMPLICITY. Anyone can pick it up and play. The Wii U tablet controller is big, clunky, and definitely not simple. It's useless - as you said, not even Nintendo knows what to do with it. I think Nintendo saw the iPad and thought to try and get at the iPad crowd.

Anyway, to me, the biggest insult on the Wii U is Super Mario 3D World. After the incredible Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, I was hoping for a Super Mario Universe in HD.... instead we get a 3DS remake. Unreal. Nintendo is DONE.

I really hope Microsoft has RARE make a REAL Banjo Threeie... cause that is the last hope for a 3D platformer.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Im so stoked about the Kinect, its going to prove out, the original vision will be in play here.   Its a new technology, its innovative, and its revolutionary.     I hope for always on as well, as then I could remote into my house, i love it so much...   Next gen is going to be sick with my 300mb connection xbox1 certified house.   Push the envelope, hope to see alot in my lifetime.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]None of that seems new to me. :?lawlessx

ps4 records.....
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts

Avatar's that smile when you smile?
Wonder what else I can make the Avatar do? 

timbers_WSU
Hey, that's actually kinda cool. I like small gimmicks like this.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]None of that seems new to me. :?stereointegrity

ps4 records.....

via voice and records the last 30 seconds, thats a cool ass feature no?

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
The tech behind Kinect is nuts. I'd love them to do something that wasn't a crappy game or a NSA spy device. clyde46
Correct me if I'm wrong but in britain don't they have lots of surveillance cameras everywhere
PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

AHUGECAT
The x1 isnt even a games system, its a means to spy on you