New Dark Souls II screenshots... kinda ugly

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@NameIess_One said:

@Sushiglutton said:

Yeah that scene in particular is so ugly that it starts to seriously effect the experienc imo. Graphics is not a priority for DS, but that is just too much. Why on earth did they post something like that?

True,,, must say, those textures reminded me of old Tomb Raider games:

When the game looks like shit, that's a major negative... tout gameplay as much as you want, but bad graphics are definitely a drawback which needs to be called out.

Totally agree, I got a major N64/PS1 vibe from some of those visuals and model quality in that particular screenshot.

Like sushiglutton said: at a certain point, bad graphics will start detracting from the experience. Let's hope From Software can clean it up a little bit. It's not like we are expecting Crysis/Killzone graphics or anything.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Playing dark souls for graphics? Fail.

Really... playing any game for graphics is fail. And I'm primarily a PC gamer too...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

You really dont play the souls games for graphics.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Those look like extra bad screens, but regardless don't give a shit.

Don't play my games for looks. Much rather play them for how they play, and Dark Souls is a wonderful gameplay experience.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Ugly. It doesn't look like the early gameplay trailers.

Would still play. Really like the atmosphere of the game and how the community makes the game on training mode.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

That's like 360 launch title ugly. Remember when Edge said this game was effortlessly next gen?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

I wouldn't say the textures are as bad as N64 games......that is just over exaggerating.

I actually did a recording of the beginning of the Dark Souls 1 back when it released on PC.

It uses the same assets as the console version and while a lot of the textures are lacking it is not as bad as some people make it out to be.

This video is without any texture mods either.

Watch in 1440p/Original mode when selecting the YouTube video resolution to get the best quality.

I doubt the devs are going to make Dark Souls 2 look worse than its predecessor.

Loading Video...

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Than how come the footage we've seen looks way better? :/

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

@ihsanqueen said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@ihsanqueen said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@ihsanqueen said:

I dont care if it looks a bit ugly, I played Souls Series for GAMEPLAY

Having played Dark Souls on the pc and going back to play Demon Souls, yes, graphics do matter. Demon Souls looks like a turd in comparison, it hurts the experience.

Not really, especially when Souls has artistic style, and besides if bad graphics really hurt the experience, then nobody plays Nintendo games

The artsyle doesn't stop you seeing a pixelated mess with huge framerate problems. Don't be silly sonny. Graphics do matter, lets not try pretend we are all artsy farzy full of substance and above it. It's just waffle. Don't feed me waffle.

Your comment kinda remind me to the state of gaming journalism nowadays

Dark Souls II, game with amazing gameplay but average graphics. Journalist = OMG, the game was so good but the graphics are sh**, lets reduce the score!!

Nintendo games, game with amazing gameplay but terrible graphics. Journalist = OMG, the game was so good but the graphics are sh**, its got no voice acting as well, ah who cares, it's on Nintendo system, lets give it a perfect score!!

Same conditions, different treatments

I told you not to give me pretentious guff, you are giving me pretentious guff.

If this scene

Loading Video...

Had the budget and effect of this scene

Loading Video...

It would suck. You know why matey? Because presentation is part of the package, it matters.

No more waffle please.