New Bioware game teased. SJW's rejoice!

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I have no idea what the **** is going on.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Wait what?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

That looks... Awesome!

Or it could just be one of those "Sony trailers" where they tease something by putting together a teaser that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Well its not Jade Empire...that's fosho

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Oh cool. It's absolutely nothing.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

reminds me of the mass effect 3 teaser

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Still waiting, everything else is meh.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58961 Posts

I hope this has preorder DLC and a disappointing ending.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

that chick had some big ass ears.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Can't wait for Bioware to start their usual campaign about homosexuality because its so damn "important to our game". Also, shit trailer, no idea wtf is this, looks like another movie episode of Quantum Break. Hopefully Season 1 is available on DVD with Quantum Break.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

P Griffin has digged up that indian skull again.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

There is something that I always find curious when people mention Jade Empire... it has some of the streamlining that for some people would make games like Mass Effect 2 not RPGs. If the first ME1 had learned a few lessons from that game it could have been much better.

It's certainly a good game, I'm actually replaying it right now.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

Wait what?

SJWs = Social Justice Warriors, i.e. people who fight for their causes by making blogs and e-petitions, and being assholes to people who don't agree with them.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Can't wait for Bioware to start their usual campaign about homosexuality because its so damn "important to our game". Also, shit trailer, no idea wtf is this, looks like another movie episode of Quantum Break. Hopefully Season 1 is available on DVD with Quantum Break.

Bioware is annoying with that crap. I'm not against homosexuality, but don't shoehorn it into your damn games just to say you are diverse. **** their romance system too. I played Mass Effect and just tried to be as nice as possible to everybody, but that almost made my Shepard accidentally gay. But if I didn't keep talking to Steve, he'd apparently die.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

Seriously, all I could think of when I was watching it was, "damn, this woman looks goofy as ****." Live-action trailers--ugh! What a horrible ad.

^^I like this theory.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

You know what would be awesome....if they actually did this new thing called having gameplay from the actual game in teasers and trailers.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lionheart08

@Ballroompirate said:

You know what would be awesome....if they actually did this new thing called having gameplay from the actual game in teasers and trailers.

Given the Narrative Mode in Mass Effect 3, it's not surprising Bioware is moving along this course. :P

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

wow nice gfx must be the pc version

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Wish there was some kind've game footage or cgi of what the game could end up like these live action tEAseRS don't work well for games you have no clue about.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Definitely has me intrigued... I'll definitely be keeping an eye out as it's Bioware.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Can't wait for Bioware to start their usual campaign about homosexuality because its so damn "important to our game".

When was the last time they actually did this. Last I checked, it was mostly journalists and bloggers making the big to-do while Bioware themselves said fairly little.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@ladyblue said:

I'm gonna replay that. :P

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

I really think more developers need to be like Epic and just show the early game development. A shitty non-game teaser doesn't get me excited anymore.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Woohoo! Another third person action game.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

@FinalFighters said:

Seriously, all I could think of when I was watching it was, "damn, this woman looks goofy as ****." Live-action trailers--ugh! What a horrible ad.

^^I like this theory.

Wait, it's live action? I swear it looked like CGI, the movement was too smooth and artificial!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By silversix_

@Pffrbt said:

@silversix_ said:

Can't wait for Bioware to start their usual campaign about homosexuality because its so damn "important to our game".

When was the last time they actually did this. Last I checked, it was mostly journalists and bloggers making the big to-do while Bioware themselves said fairly little.

Just before the delay of DA3 they were bragging about having the option to f*ck everyone in your party lol. You even have a homosexual team member cuz that's soooooooo damn important for an rpg these days. No wonder Casey Hudson left, Bioware is going full retard. Instead of thinking about new gameplay mechanics, new impressive next generation engines for open world games (what CDPR is doing instead of Bioware), atmosphere and story *cough* you know? for what they're known for... they talk and brag about a homosexual teamate. Da fuk iz dis? Who does that? Why is this even a subject? I don't spend $80 (69.99 in canada with boatload of taxes) to have a gay team member and have the option to bone him on a table or something haha.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Lionheart08 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

Wait what?

SJWs = Social Justice Warriors, i.e. people who fight for their causes by making blogs and e-petitions, and being assholes to people who don't agree with them.

Being a SJW doesn't actually mean you have to be an asshole. In fact there are plenty of capable writers, critics, bloggers who argue for equality in enteratinment tastefully and wear that SJW badge proudly. It's just there are assholes being assholes. The fact that you generalized an entire group of people arguing for an actual worthy cause as assholes, makes you no better than them. Way to go sport.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Teasers are stupid.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pffrbt

@silversix_: "Just before the delay of DA3 they were bragging about having the option to f*ck everyone in your party lol."
I don't remember this happening and it isn't relevant.

"You even have a homosexual team member cuz that's soooooooo damn important for an rpg these days."
If you're going to have romance options in a roleplaying game, yeah, it kind of is. Explain how this is a problem.

"Instead of thinking about new gameplay mechanics, new impressive next generation engines for open world games, atmosphere and story, they talk and brag about a homosexual teamate."
Explain how including homosexual characters detracts in any way from those other aspects (it doesn't). Also, you still haven't explained how they've bragged about this.

"Why is this even a subject?"
Because there are homosexuals in the world that play video games.

"I don't spend $80 to have a gay team member and have the option to bone him on a table or something haha."
Then don't do it since it's completely optional. Just like in real life.

You never answered my question and pretty much confirmed that the only reason you have a problem with any of this is because you're an enormous homophobe.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_

@Pffrbt said:

@silversix_: because you're an enormous homophobe.

this is exactly what i was expecting from some1 when mentioning the stupidity Bioware includes in their games as of late. You cannot say 'gtfo with useless additions such as a gay companion' without being called as an homophobe on a gaming forum, its impossible. And you talk about options and then relate it to real life lol as if you were choosing to be gay... Talking about homosexuality on gaming forum is more of a waste of time than sleeping 18h a day.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pffrbt

@silversix_: "You cannot say 'gtfo with useless additions such as a gay companion' without being called as an homophobe on a gaming forum, its impossible."
No, you really can't, given that you're specifically complaining about the inclusion of gay characters. Were you not homophobic this wouldn't be an issue for you.

"And you talk about options and then relate it to real life lol as if you were choosing to be gay..."
You have the option to have sex with a man regardless whether or not you're gay. Your comment about not paying $80 to have sex with a man doesn't make any sense since that's a small, optional aspect of the game that has zeroo affect on you should you choose not to partake in it.

"Talking about homosexuality on gaming forum is more of a waste of time than sleeping 18h a day."
You people sure like to bitch about it though.

Also, you still haven't answered any of my questions.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silversix_

@Pffrbt said:

@silversix_: "You cannot say 'gtfo with useless additions such as a gay companion' without being called as an homophobe on a gaming forum, its impossible."

No, you really can't, given that you're specifically complaining about the inclusion of gay characters. Were you not homophobic this wouldn't be an issue for you.

"And you talk about options and then relate it to real life lol as if you were choosing to be gay..."

You have the option to have sex with a man regardless whether or not you're gay. Your comment about not paying $80 to have sex with a man doesn't make any sense since that's a small, optional aspect of the game that has zeroo affect on you should you choose not to partake in it.

"Talking about homosexuality on gaming forum is more of a waste of time than sleeping 18h a day."

what is your question? I buy games for entertainment, having a gay team member isn't gonna magically improve the experience because he's 'different'. I want them to spend time, money and resources into something meaningful instead creating a gay member with emotions n all of that crap then brag about how we (bioware) are soooooo amazing because we, a company that specializes into rpg's have a homosexual person, we're so deeply involved with our game(s) that we include gay sex cuz its soooooooo 2014, also cuz why not right? Why not? Because i don't spend money on entertainment such as gaming to have the option. I don't care if you have to do it for main story or you can ignore it completely, its a waste of resources and money. Don't care about having sex in games either, am i into animals now? Cuz calling some1 a humongus homophobe because he doesn't give a flying shit about something as useless in a video game must be what you think when i say that sex isn't needed/wanted in rpg's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@Pffrbt said:

what is your question? I buy games for entertainment, having a gay team member isn't gonna magically improve the experience because he's 'different'. I want them to spend time, money and resources into something meaningful instead creating a gay member with emotions n all of that crap then brag about how we (bioware) are soooooo amazing because we, a company that specializes into rpg's have a homosexual person, we're so deeply involved with our game(s) that we include gay sex cuz its soooooooo 2014, also cuz why not right? Why not? Because i don't spend money on entertainment such as gaming to have the option. I don't care if you have to do it for main story or you can ignore it completely, its a waste of resources and money. Don't care about having sex in games either, am i into animals now? Cuz calling some1 a humongus homophobe because he doesn't give a flying shit about something as useless in a video game must be what you think when i say that sex isn't needed/wanted in rpg's.

Why do you care if your character is gay or straight?

You're clearly a homophobe because you're focusing all your attention on gays when they also have straight people in the game.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 silversix_

@toast_burner said:

@silversix_ said:

@Pffrbt said:

You're clearly a homophobe because you're focusing all your attention on gays when they also have straight people in the game.

Because Bioware makes of it a big deal and since like what? DA2 or ME2 every single time their new games comes out they spam about it as it was a revolutionary thing never seen by a human eye. Does anyone brag about a straight team member you can have in a squad? No, no one cares. Why is a gay one gets all the attention as it was Half Life 3? No one should care and articles shouldn't be talking about it because its not important.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@toast_burner said:

@silversix_ said:

@Pffrbt said:

Because Bioware makes of it a big deal and since like what? DA2 or ME2 every single time their new games comes out they spam about it as it was a revolutionary thing never seen by a human eye. Does anyone brag about a straight team member you can have in a squad? No, no one cares. Why is a gay one gets all the attention as it was Half Life 3? No one should care and articles shouldn't be talking about it because its not important.

And why does that bother you? What they say about the game has no effect on the game itself. Just ignore the hype.

It is quite important. Wasn't that long ago that you wouldn't be allowed to have a mixed race couple in a film. We are gradually getting to a point where this stuff is common. I think that more equality is something that should be celebrated. When people like ou stop complaining about it and just accept it, there will be no need to make a big deal about it.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Is this going to be a FMV game? Because if it isn't, then they shouldn't be using fucking live actors to tease the game.

I was glad to see after the video finished that Casey Hudson has left BioWare though (in the "related" redirect).

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@kitty said:

@ladyblue said:

Kitty has good taste in games. :P

What system are you going to play it on?

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@kitty said:

@ladyblue said:

Kitty has good taste in games. :P

What system are you going to play it on?

:P I'm sure you have better.

Wish I had it on pc, but xbox I'm afraid.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@clyde46: She's got big o' dumbo ears.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pffrbt

@silversix_: "what is your question?"
When was the last time Bioware actually made a big to-do about having homosexuals in their game. And explain how having homosexuals in the game is a problem in any way.

"having a gay team member isn't gonna magically improve the experience"
It isn't going to magically detract from the experience either. It will however improve the experience for those who want it there.

"I want them to spend time, money and resources into something meaningful instead creating a gay member"
I don't understand why you think creating a gay character somehow takes away from any of those things.

"then brag about"
You've never explained how they've ever bragged about this.

"how we (bioware) are soooooo amazing because we, a company that specializes into rpg's have a homosexual person, we're so deeply involved with our game(s) that we include gay sex cuz its soooooooo 2014"
Making fun of something doesn't really work if you go on to state positive aspects.

"Because i don't spend money on entertainment such as gaming to have the option. I don't care if you have to do it for main story or you can ignore it completely, its a waste of resources and money."
Then why aren't you complaining about the fact that heterosexual characters are included as well.

"Cuz calling some1 a humongus homophobe because he doesn't give a flying shit about something"
If you didn't care about this you wouldn't be complaining about it in the first place.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

How is a role-playing game giving the player role-playing options a problem?

SeriousGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 SeriousGaming
Member since 2014 • 91 Posts

@silversix_: I heard Barney Calhoun is gonna take Gordon Freeman to a gay bar in Half-Life 3, your thoughts?

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

That's the only thing I got from the teaser. It's like the Mad kid had a sex change.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@Pffrbt: Good post there. Pretty comprehensive.

Having gay characters is in no way intrusive. They exist in the real world, and in Bioware's case, they are mostly only homosexual if you want them to be, which is the case for some gamers. So if you don't like it you don't have to choose it. But there are a few relationships in the game like with Steve Cortez in ME3 where he is talking about his husband. And? Bioware shouldn't bother with people who are uncomfortable with that. It's 2014. If you're uncomfortable with gays that's your problem. It's not like they have ever forced anyone to watch gay pornography, so grow up.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 silversix_

@seriousgaming said:

@silversix_: I heard Barney Calhoun is gonna take Gordon Freeman to a gay bar in Half-Life 3, your thoughts?

condom/10

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
@Pffrbt said:

@silversix_: "what is your question?"

When was the last time Bioware actually made a big to-do about having homosexuals in their game. And explain how having homosexuals in the game is a problem in any way.

"having a gay team member isn't gonna magically improve the experience"

It isn't going to magically detract from the experience either. It will however improve the experience for those who want it there.

"I want them to spend time, money and resources into something meaningful instead creating a gay member"

I don't understand why you think creating a gay character somehow takes away from any of those things.

"then brag about"

You've never explained how they've ever bragged about this.

"how we (bioware) are soooooo amazing because we, a company that specializes into rpg's have a homosexual person, we're so deeply involved with our game(s) that we include gay sex cuz its soooooooo 2014"

Making fun of something doesn't really work if you go on to state positive aspects.

"Because i don't spend money on entertainment such as gaming to have the option. I don't care if you have to do it for main story or you can ignore it completely, its a waste of resources and money."

Then why aren't you complaining about the fact that heterosexual characters are included as well.

"Cuz calling some1 a humongus homophobe because he doesn't give a flying shit about something"

If you didn't care about this you wouldn't be complaining about it in the first place.

lol at the gay mafia up in arms . Relax you are still going to be able to have same sex with pretty much everyone in DA3. And God forbid he has a different opinion then you about not having every male companion hitting on him.

I think Bioware is getting ridiculous with the romances and percentage of the fanbase is even more ridiculous. No wonder in recent years the 3 top people at Bioware left.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: Someone comes into a thread and, apropos of absolutely nothing, starts bitching about the darn gays encroaching on his vidya gaemz. Other people call him out on it, and he gets petulant and whiny. Obviously the people in this situation who are at fault are the "gay mafia."

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Lionheart08

@jg4xchamp said:

@Lionheart08 said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

Wait what?

Being a SJW doesn't actually mean you have to be an asshole. In fact there are plenty of capable writers, critics, bloggers who argue for equality in enteratinment tastefully and wear that SJW badge proudly. It's just there are assholes being assholes. The fact that you generalized an entire group of people arguing for an actual worthy cause as assholes, makes you no better than them. Way to go sport.

Except there's a difference from simply blogging about being a Social Justice Blogger and a "Warrior." That asshole criteria is what separates the two.

A for effort though.