NBA 2K17 9.0 @ Gamespot | 91 at MC | GOTY Contender

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts

@blackace said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Wish I could get into these games, but seriously, I couldn't care less about sports. They are literally the most uninteresting thing to me on this planet. Or close to it.

I feel the exact same way about Pokemon and walking exploring puzzle games like Firewatch & Home. Love NFL Football & NBA Basketball games. Could play them for hours with friends or by myself.

Also has partly to do with the fact that I suck ass at them also. I suppose I could get into them more if I could quickly understand how each player's stats translates into differences in gameplay, but I notice none while playing.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Wish I could get into these games, but seriously, I couldn't care less about sports. They are literally the most uninteresting thing to me on this planet. Or close to it.

Same here. Sports games(except for racing) are such a drag.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I love watching the NBA but for some reason I could never get into basketball games except for NBA Jam. I do like other sports games like PES, FIFA, and Madden but I rarely buy them.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@Seabas989:

What about MLB?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PSP107

@getyeryayasout: "won't be spending money on NBA licensed merchandise. Ever."

Why?

I mean you can't expect they will do that again by giving out 2K17 for free in June.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PSP107

@getyeryayasout:

Do people in Seattle root for the Thunder?

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

I like the NBA and video games (obviously), but can't get into these games that are so driven by these long canned animations. Feels so automated, like I'm barley/half playing the damn game.

That's because they're trying to make it LOOK so realistic. F**k that...If I want to see that, I'll just watch a real game. I want something fun and fluid to play where I feel like I'm actually in control of my player at all times.

I wish some AA team made a game that really focused more on gameplay, with fully editable rosters, to make up for the lack of licensing.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@silversix_ said:

What kind of crazy person spends $60 on a sports game?

It's been some years since I've bought one, but you can get a **** ton of mileage out of a good sports game.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

EA needs to stop monopolizing the NFL teams and players rights so we can get a NFL2K17.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PSP107

@silversix_ said:"What kind of crazy person spends $60 on a sports game?"

Who they hell spends $60 on a 6-10 hr game?

@bussinrounds: "but can't get into these games that are so driven by these long canned animations. Feels so automated, like I'm barley/half playing the damn game"

Maybe it's because the tech isnt there yet, but yeah, 2K needs to get rid of that.

@getyeryayasout:

Don't worry, the Clippers or Kings will be moving to Seattle in the next few years.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
@PSP107 said:

@bussinrounds: "but can't get into these games that are so driven by these long canned animations. Feels so automated, like I'm barley/half playing the damn game"

Maybe it's because the tech isnt there yet, but yeah, 2K needs to get rid of that.

Exactly...wake me up in like a decade or whatever....when the gameplay comes close to matching the visuals that they're trying to present.

Maybe if they didn't have to pump out a game every year, they could actually try and innovate and really implement new things. That's another big problem with sports games.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PSP107

@bussinrounds:

2K16 was overall good though. The demo of 2K17 was OK but not a $60 game as I'm going to wait for a price drop.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

I'll wait for the first price drop, I've bought 14-16, so I can wait a bit on this one. Looks great though.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

Forza Horizon 3 got the exact same scores. Is it not a GOTY contender?

stay on topic man

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Scoring 9/10 doesn't make something a "GOTY contender" on Gamespot.

Hell, being a sports game in general kind of disqualifies it almost immediately.

No it doesn't.

Sports games have won GOTY at many places. e.g. THPS2 and 3.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Last NBA game that i bought was 2k12 and it was an excellent game, so much fun to play alone and with friends so i really didn't have the need for another Basketball game...however i was watching some gameplay from Giantbomb and 2K17 looks incredible as well, usually my philosophy is to not get yearly sports games since you can never truly appreciate the changes from one edition to another so a 5 year gap seems to be good enouh.

However, and with that being said...i'm really curious about this year WWE game, it has a great roster and they seem to be updating some gameplay elements, i'm also intrigued by the new career mode, so i'll wait, i mean i doubt it will hold any candle to NBA 2K17 but lately i've been more in a Wrestling mood than Basketball mood, so who knows.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PSP107

@getyeryayasout: "I would however like to see the NHL come to The Emerald City."

Is Seattle a hockey market? Was Seattle a possibility if the new team didnt go to Las Vegas?

I mean NHL is not doing well nationally. Hell Canada aka hockey country didn't watch the 2016 playoffs.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PSP107

@getyeryayasout: "Getting an NHL team in Seattle gets brought up from time to time, but I don't think it's ever come close to being a reality. I'm confident that if a team ever showed up it would be well supported. The WHL Thunderbirds are well attended, NHL could work."

How much of hockey/NHL fan are you though?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

No it doesn't.

Sports games have won GOTY at many places. e.g. THPS2 and 3.

Not here they don't.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 foxhound_fox

@getyeryayasout said:

@PSP107: Getting an NHL team in Seattle gets brought up from time to time, but I don't think it's ever come close to being a reality. I'm confident that if a team ever showed up it would be well supported. The WHL Thunderbirds are well attended, NHL could work.

Vegas just got one. There will probably be more on the way. But Quebec City will be next for sure, they desperately want their Nordiques back and will stop at nothing to get them (they are building a new NHL-size arena IIRC). Seattle would be a good expansion city, as would Hartford and Saskatoon. They need to start moving some of those southern teams where they never see snow and don't make any money back up north where the sport is appreciated and loved.

Look at how Winnipeg took the Thrasher franchise from one of the least-profitable to the second-most profitable in a single year.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PSP107

@foxhound_fox:

Did Vegas finally settled on a name yet?

"They need to start moving some of those southern teams where they never see snow and don't make any money back up north where the sport is appreciated and loved."

I agree with this and people being saying that for years.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 foxhound_fox

@PSP107 said:

@foxhound_fox:

Did Vegas finally settled on a name yet?

"They need to start moving some of those southern teams where they never see snow and don't make any money back up north where the sport is appreciated and loved."

I agree with this and people being saying that for years.

Black Knights I believe. I'm not sure if they have revealed the logo/jersey yet. Badass name though.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PSP107

@foxhound_fox: "Black Knights"

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Most likely there will be no black players on that team.

Well I guess to be fair, the local team here our called the Blackhawks =(

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#80 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Best basketball sim game overall for me

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#81 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@WitIsWisdom: Live is better online because there isn't nearly the amount of traffic that 2K has. I would hope Live could handle the 500 players it has vs the 50000 2K is trying to accommodate.

lmao... fair enough. Either way it's miles ahead... but yeah, it's sad more people don't play Live online... it's great. Much better than 2K, which sucks, because both games are VERY good. Those 2K online servers though.... just terrible.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Won't get anywhere near goty. Most of the GS staff is too nerdy and pretentious

I would love to crush you on my park.. 1 on 1 with the great one.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@CWEBB04z said:
@mems_1224 said:

Won't get anywhere near goty. Most of the GS staff is too nerdy and pretentious

I would love to crush you on my park.. 1 on 1 with the great one.

You probably would. Im terrible online in sports games. Pretty much all my time is spent on franchise mode.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#84  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@FrozenLiquid: exactly. I haven't been into them in a while, but sports games are what pulled me back into gaming in the mid 90s after I had quit.

The one thing I really miss though is sports games focusing on the actual gameplay mechanics rather than realism. It's the reason I really don't like The Show, even though it's a great looking game. It just lacks actual the fun of controlling the action like old school sports games used to really be good at. I don't need a game to last 2-3 hours it's like watching a real game. Surprisingly Supermega baseball is a throwback to this it's an excellent game mechanically even with the cartoony look.

Sure the modern games. Make up for it in stats, realistic strategy and ai etc. but I miss the action of the game of old. For me they kinda peaked around 2005. That's when NFL2K5, MVP 2005 and NCAA football was still around.

I think nowadays the sports games doing the best are sports I'm not big into unfortunately like FIFA, NHL and even the NBA which I kinda stopped following heavily when they brought the zone to the NBA.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

to be fair FIFA is also killing it

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

It's times like this that I honestly prefer console gaming over PC gaming. Just wasted $60 on 2K17 on PC and it crashes at start up with no fix in sight. I did get to play for a couple of hours and during my initial play the game was fantastic with a few audio bugs here and there. Other than that I'm stuck until 2K releases a patch.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Preorders are $47 at bestbuy with gamers unlocked. Sounds like many are not taking advantage of this since so many are waiting for a price drop.