Naughty Dog vs Nintendo EAD Group #3 - who's better?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Naughty Dog vs Nintendo EAD Group #3 - who's better? (129 votes)

Naughty Dog 42%
Nintendo EAD Group No. 3 58%

Naughty Dog

Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3
Crash Team Racing
Jak & Daxter 1,2,3
Jak X: Combat Racing
Uncharted 1,2,3
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us

Nintendo EAD Group No. 3

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (co-developed)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Legend of Zelda Wii U

Based on this list only, I'd give the nod to Naughty Dog since Ocarina of Time/Majora's mask is not cited. What say you, SW?

• 
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@AzatiS said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@AzatiS: UC is a traditional TPS with contextual platforming thrown in. It really is nothing more than a corridor shooter at its bare bones. That is not to say the series is not excellent. It is.

You cant compare UC with a traditional Shooter ... sorry !

Lol what? you absolutely can. The primary source of enjoyment in that game is shooting dudes in the face. To make itself varied it throws in contextual platforming and puzzles a 4 year old can solve. It is every bit a shooter.

^

This and holy shit what kind of thread did I just walk into where this is having to be explained?

Is SW slowly getting worse... is it just me?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@AzatiS said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@AzatiS: UC is a traditional TPS with contextual platforming thrown in. It really is nothing more than a corridor shooter at its bare bones. That is not to say the series is not excellent. It is.

Lol what? you absolutely can. The primary source of enjoyment in that game is shooting dudes in the face. To make itself varied it throws in contextual platforming and puzzles a 4 year old can solve. It is every bit a shooter.

^

This and holy shit what kind of thread did I just walk into where this is having to be explained?

it's your AHS acting up again, bro.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#103  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp said:

@AzatiS said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

^

UC = Action / Adventure TPS with platform Elements

GeoW = Action TPS

If you CANT see a difference here ... then you have IQ problems and im out !

Now tell me youll go as far to compare Mass Effect to UC !! an RPG TPS to an action/adventure TPS just because both at their core are TPS to laugh my ass off ! Damn ... brain damage !! Im out !

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

that guy thinks he's gallileo

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

I like how your comparing the entire Naughty Dog vs only 1 division of EAD

Classic System Wars.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@CrownKingArthur said:

Indeed it is bro. Woke up with a raging hardcore... well you get the point. Then I stumbled across this shit. I keep reading my pamphlet and its doing nothing for me.

@AzatiS said:

GeoW = Action TPS

Great argument bro. If I don't agree with bullshit then I must be having problems with my IQ. Whatever that even means.

UC is a TPS with shit platforming, shit puzzle solving and almost zero adventuring.

As Champ said, you shoot dudes in the face for the majority of the game. Cover, shoot, cover, shoot, grenade. Insert shitty contextual platforming fluff, a Highlights magazine level puzzle or two, then get back to face shooting.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 AzatiS

@hotdiddykong said:

Classic System Wars.

and still fanboys around favor EAD , indeed classic system wars ...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 AzatiS
@ConanTheStoner said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Indeed it is bro. Woke up with a raging hardcore... well you get the point. Then I stumbled across this shit. I keep reading my pamphlet and its doing nothing for me.

@AzatiS said:

GeoW = Action TPS

Great argument bro. If I don't agree with bullshit then I must be having problems with my IQ. Whatever that even means.

UC is a TPS with shit platforming, shit puzzle solving and almost zero adventuring.

As Champ said, you shoot dudes in the face for the majority of the game. Cover, shoot, cover, shoot, grenade. Insert shitty contextual platforming fluff, a Highlights magazine level puzzle or two, then get back to face shooting.

Hate more !! Show your true , fanboyism / hate self !! Bring the war !!! hahaha ... pathetic little haters

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ConanTheStoner

@AzatiS said:

Hate more !! Show your true , fanboyism / hate self !! Bring the war !!! hahaha ... pathetic little haters

Another stellar argument bro.

I thought you were going to be "out" because of my IQ problems, what happened?

And where is the hate? What fanboy faction do you think I'm a part of, do tell.

Really though, instead of making yourself look like an angry child, why don't you attempt to stand your ground? If you think you have a point to make, then go on.

When a game is played through a 3rd person perspective and 95% of the game is shooting dudes in the face from behind cover, what do you call that?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By AzatiS

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:

Really though, instead of making yourself look like an angry child, why don't you attempt to stand your ground? If you think you have a point to make, then go on.

When a game is played through a 3rd person perspective and 95% of the game is shooting dudes in the face from behind cover, what do you call that?

More hate kiddo !! TPS can be any game . ME is RPG , UC is action/adventure , GeoW is action !! There are differences in there , both gameplay and design ... Hate more you brainless fanboy :) , the fact remains. How im angry ? lol ... dont cry me a river again please :) Waaaaar !!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ConanTheStoner

Is that you, brofists?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@AzatiS

Nope... All three of those are 3rd Person Shooters plus some extra elements that don't change the underlying nature of shooting people in the face from a 3rd person perspective. Hell... might aswell just throw in President Evil 4 in there aswell. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:

More hate kiddo !! TPS can be any game . ME is RPG , UC is action/adventure , GeoW is action !! There are differences in there , both gameplay and design ... Hate more you brainless fanboy :) , the fact remains. How im angry ? lol ... dont cry me a river again please :) Waaaaar !!

even the wiki says action adventure third person shooter..... but there is only one element of gameplay that really challenges the player. you can barely lose at the platforming. and there is next to no adventuring when all you do is walk down a corridor. face up to the facts.... its mainly a Third Person shooter.

Pleanty of FPS games out there where you can have platform elements... jump really high and do tricks. do we call them platforms now?

fess up... you don't have a leg to stand on.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#114 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19573 Posts

@gfxpipeline said:
@Wiimotefan said:

Graphics have always been important, no doubt about that.

I wouldn't say Nintendo fans are being hypocrites now though, gameplay has been their mantra since the 80s. Even when N64 titles were shutting out PS1 titles visually and the GC had the edge on the PS2, gameplay was still the mantra.

All that aside, that wasn't really his point. A game doesn't even have to look great to be a heavily cinematic game, it has nothing to do with graphics. Naughty Dog started putting gameplay in the back seat starting last gen. They'd rather send you through a scripted tunnel of set pieces than give you a meaty game that stretches it's mechanics in significant ways from start to finish.

Now obviously ND is not the worst offender when it comes to cinematic gaming. They still make solid games that are fun to play. But at the end of the day they make rental games. Games were you're funneled through what is essentially a long movie with extremely repetitive run of the mill gameplay. The shooting is average, the stealth is average, the platforming and melee are below average and the level design is nothing memorable nor exciting.

Even as stale as the Zelda series has become, it still gives you some bang for your buck. You'll get plenty of game. You'll get very well thought out level design. You'll get to use the array of different mechanics and items in increasingly inventive ways throughout the course of a much longer game.

And before you decide to throw the sheep card at me, just know that my two most highly anticipated games right now are PS4 games and that Sony has made my favorite console every gen since they've been in the business.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't require much thought to understand why so many people prefer the Zelda series to Naughty Dogs recent efforts.

Way to make a complete fool out of yourself.

Naughty Dog's most recent major title - The Last of Us - over six million copies sold.

EAD Group 3 most recent major title - Skyward Sword - over three million copies sold.

It is absolutely hilarious that you spewed an entire wall of text in a lame attempt to solemnly lecture people about nothing more than you are a Nintendo fan derp derp and the fundamental data point you tried to close with shows EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

Way to go genius!

You're the one who made a complete fool of yourself.

Nowhere does the post you're quoting claim recent Zelda games outsold recent Naughty Dog games.

You need to learn some reading comprehension, genius.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
@AzatiS said:

@hotdiddykong said:

Classic System Wars.

You know... maybe just maybe people vote them because they like Zelda instead of Third person shooters? and the older Naughty Dog is gone.... its now... TPS games... because we all needed more shooters with cutscenes and corridors.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:

@hotdiddykong said:

Classic System Wars.

You know... maybe just maybe people vote them because they like Zelda instead of Third person shooters? and the older Naughty Dog is gone.... its now... TPS games... because we all needed more shooters with cutscenes and corridors.

WTF again !! noooooo !! Third person shooters. ... Crash Bandicoot and Jak and daxter ! hahaha ... bro you need to go out and chill !!

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: it's useless to argue with him. He throws around the phrase sheep continuously if you disagree with him. Just ignore him.

Look at his last post, no substance whatsoever. He just said "nope, sorry". No evidence to back up his claim. How is Uncharted NOT a shooter is the better question.

But for the record Gears of War 1 and 2 do provide better shooter elements.

Last of Us is only highly regarded because it told a story in a manner not really done in video games before it.

You change the story in the last of us and the game is good, not great.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#118 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I had fun reading all of this.

Nintendo Team EAD is my vote. The Zelda franchise offers satisfying and rewarding gameplay, a longer experience, and high replayability. After the Ps2 gen, ND lost those qualities that they once had in common with Nintendo EAD.

Another reason why I vote for NEAD is because they focus on making their game in an art style. Real graphics are great and all but I prefer artistic design.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@gfxpipeline said:

Way to make a complete fool out of yourself.

Naughty Dog's most recent major title - The Last of Us - over six million copies sold.

EAD Group 3 most recent major title - Skyward Sword - over three million copies sold.

It is absolutely hilarious that you spewed an entire wall of text in a lame attempt to solemnly lecture people about nothing more than you are a Nintendo fan derp derp and the fundamental data point you tried to close with shows EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE.

Way to go genius!

You're the one who made a complete fool of yourself.

Nowhere does the post you're quoting claim recent Zelda games outsold recent Naughty Dog games.

You need to learn some reading comprehension, genius.

Yeah, when I get responses that are that stupid I usually just let them slide.

The poor guy probably can't even tie his own shoes.

Thanks though.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#120 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@AzatiS said:

Show your true , fanboyism / hate self !!

Boom, Conan is a champ fanboy. Yeah kid.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp said:

Boom, Conan is a champ fanboy. Yeah kid.

Well shit, now that it's out in the open, (jeez thanks bro)... will you autograph this for me?

I mean.... you can write whatever, but I have a little suggestion there if it's not too much to ask. (plz)

To the honest.. most dependable.. most always correct guy ever, Conan. ~THE CHAMP.
To the honest.. most dependable.. most always correct guy ever, Conan. ~THE CHAMP.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:

@hotdiddykong said:

Classic System Wars.

WTF again !! noooooo !! Third person shooters. ... Crash Bandicoot and Jak and daxter ! hahaha ... bro you need to go out and chill !!

.... I covered that in "The old Naughty Dog are gone" you think they will ever return to games like that? its RARE syndrome all over again... you chavs only want shooters down corridors with cutscenes... I guess at least they are good at the latter.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

zelda out of ideas and create another zelda....

Naughty Dog all the way .... mic drop!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 AzatiS

@MBirdy88 said:

@AzatiS said:

@MBirdy88 said:
@AzatiS said:

@hotdiddykong said:

Classic System Wars.

.... I covered that in "The old Naughty Dog are gone" you think they will ever return to games like that? its RARE syndrome all over again... you chavs only want shooters down corridors with cutscenes... I guess at least they are good at the latter.

What old and new ... This topic is about ND as a company with a specific list of games VS Nintendos EAD games ... Keep hating UC !! Its your opinion ! I dont mind !