Naughty Dog vs Nintendo EAD Group #3 - who's better?

• 124 results
Posted by SolidGame_basic (16494 posts) 2 months, 6 days ago

Poll: Naughty Dog vs Nintendo EAD Group #3 - who's better? (127 votes)

Naughty Dog 43%
Nintendo EAD Group No. 3 57%

Naughty Dog

Crash Bandicoot 1,2,3
Crash Team Racing
Jak & Daxter 1,2,3
Jak X: Combat Racing
Uncharted 1,2,3
Uncharted 4
The Last of Us

Nintendo EAD Group No. 3

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda: Link's Crossbow Training
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (co-developed)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Legend of Zelda Wii U

Based on this list only, I'd give the nod to Naughty Dog since Ocarina of Time/Majora's mask is not cited. What say you, SW?

#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

Naughty Dogs of course, the games they make are not only really good, have great stories but they also made more than ONE franchise like what the Ninntendo EAD group does.

#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

Neither... Simply because they're confined to a single platform.....

Capcom is Better !

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25683 posts) -
#4 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

Naughty Dog has different teams.

So why did you split up Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development and not Naughty Dog ?

Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development > Naughty Dog

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (38727 posts) -

The team that did Uncharted 3.

#6 Posted by AzatiS (7151 posts) -

Whoever voted for Nintendo on this specific post is the biggest Nintendo fanboy in the universe

#7 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21434 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

So why did you split up Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development and not Naughty Dog ?

there is no different team or a second team.

they can have two projects going at different stages of development because everyone is not necessary to complete any one game all the time. When certain staff have finished their work on one project, they move over to the next while other essential personnel finish the first one.

Uncharted 3 lead designer Jacob Minkoff is the same one as TLOU.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38727 posts) -

Then what was this nonsense people were saying with TLOU being made by ND's A-team, as opposed to the scoundrels that did UC3?

#9 Posted by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

Lol, easy Naughty Dog of course.

Most of those Zelda games are mediocre and don't come close to most ND games.

#10 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2271 posts) -

Naughty Dog

#11 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@freedomfreak

Thats just gamers trying to be smart without actually being smart..... We should all just shut up and game hard.... Oh wait... They're excusives :(

#12 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -
#13 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21434 posts) -

Then what was this nonsense people were saying with TLOU being made by ND's A-team, as opposed to the scoundrels that did UC3?

Uncharted 3 just had a bad director who left this year btw and a writer. and it was rushed too. ND said they will not repeat the same mistake again.

TLOU had UC1/UC2 directors/lead designers on it.

Evan Wells and Cristopher Belestra the heads of ND in an interview said this when asked about having two split teams.

'EW: Sometimes, that sharing looks like somebody working on a project for six or twelve months and then switching to another project. Sometimes a department is actively working on two projects at once and is bouncing back and forth on a weekly or task-by-task basis. We figure it out as we go. That's how our production philosophies work at Naughty Dog. We try not to be dogmatic. If it's not working out the way we thought it would, we shift and try something else.'

'CB: We're trying to be as flexible as possible in terms of how we move people around. I think we've always had two main things going on, so that's where the "two teams" [concept] came from.'

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (38727 posts) -

So, no teams. Free-for-all.

TC should just stack up EAD to ND then.

#15 Posted by Heirren (16297 posts) -

How exactly can you boil down nintendo to just that list of games? Doing such is assuming you know the list of employees that worked on all the games. Did Naughty Dogs staff stay consistent throughout all the games you listed for them?

#16 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@freedomfreak said:

they can have two projects going at different stages of development because everyone is not necessary to complete any one game all the time. When certain staff have finished their work on one project, they move over to the next while other essential personnel finish the first one.

So when Naughty Dog says: "After Uncharted 2 we split into two teams, one making Uncharted 3 and the other began working on TLOU" ... They actually mean there are no different teams ?

Hmmm, ok. Very interesting point you have there.

Again, I fail to see why ND is counted as a whole and Nintendo EAD is split up.

#17 Edited by Flubbbs (2912 posts) -

Naughty Gods

#18 Posted by ZombeGoast (398 posts) -

EAD because they can make their games different from one another.

#19 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16494 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@freedomfreak said:

So when Naughty Dog says: "After Uncharted 2 we split into two teams, one making Uncharted 3 and the other began working on TLOU" ... They actually mean there are no different teams ?

So you're saying EAD group #3 doesn't split up on projects?

#20 Edited by Gue1 (9419 posts) -

hard to believe there is a poll where nintendo are losing.

edit: spoke too soon.

#21 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@freedomfreak said:

So you're saying EAD group #3 doesn't split up on projects?

You're answering my question with a question ?

#22 Posted by happyduds77 (1439 posts) -

That's some bullshit IGN pulled out of their ass.

#23 Edited by starwolf474 (499 posts) -

Naughty Dog since I'm not a fan of the Zelda games that this EAD group has made. If they would have made Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, my answer would be different.

#24 Posted by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

Why is Naughty Dog not split up while EAD is?

#25 Posted by MBirdy88 (7430 posts) -

How is naughty dog at this level or respect? because they make flashy shooters with s*it gameplay and bgrade stories?

your all graphic whores that prefer interactive movies arnt you?

#27 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16494 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: @charizard1605: um.. Nintendo has 7 development groups. How exactly is that fair? All you're doing is comparing the titles between these two. If you look at the heavy hitters between the two and the fact that Naughty Dog is working on next gen Uncharted and Nintendo EAD 3 is working on next gen Zelda, I think that's pretty fair dudes... Sounds like the sheep can't take losing one poll finally.

#28 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: @charizard1605: um.. Nintendo has 7 development groups. How exactly is that fair? All you're doing is comparing the titles between these two. If you look at the heavy hitters between the two and the fact that Naughty Dog is working on next gen Uncharted and Nintendo EAD 3 is working on next gen Zelda, I think that's pretty fair dudes... Sounds like the sheep can't take losing one poll finally.

"Not fair" LMAO

You're the one doing the comparison.

And sure, yeah, call other people fanboys because you can't explain why Nintendo EAD was split up and Naughty Dog wasn't... right.

#29 Posted by farrell2k (5715 posts) -

Well, if you examine the question logically and follow the money, people have spent orders of magnitude more money on those Zelda games than they have on the ND games, so if consumer demand is any measurement, Nintendo literally blows ND out of the water to the point where it is not even close...

#30 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16494 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

"Not fair" LMAO

And sure, yeah, call other people fanboys because you can't explain why Nintendo EAD was split up and Naughty Dog wasn't... right.

... you live in la la land don't you?

#31 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5753 posts) -

In a recent interview, I remember reading someone from naughty dog saying they were never fully a 2 dev team, they tried it , but I guess it never fully materialized. I they now they are just a really big studio, that can work on more than one project at a time.

#32 Posted by Seabas989 (10038 posts) -

Naughty Dog made UC1 so they lose by default.

#33 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11014 posts) -

After weeks of trying TC has finally succeeded in creating a poll where Sony "wins"

-edit- Never mind. Nintendo is now ahead.

#34 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8703 posts) -

Nintendo EAD #3 isn't even Nintendo's best development team but they still destroy Naughty Dog completely.

Gameplay and level design matter to me more than anything and those are Naughty Dogs' weakest aspects. At least it's been that way for the past decade with them

#35 Edited by Flubbbs (2912 posts) -

looks like Nintenturd fanboys are creating alt usernames to vote again

#36 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3298 posts) -

I voted Nintendo EAD accidentally. Sorry to say it but I haven't enjoyed 1 Zelda game in my life. In contrast, Crash Bandicoot is one of my all time favorite games. As well as Jak series. I've played Uncharted games, loved them. And I am yet to play TLOU. I have to say ND. I'm not saying Zelda is bad. In fact I see why people think it's good, but I'm not that good at it and I loose interest. Naughty Dog have proven they can stand among the best developers on the planet. They have proved this time and time again. I have high hopes for Uncharted 4.

#37 Edited by SrgtSaggy101 (1863 posts) -

game play over story, so Nintendo. naughty dog makes good stories but their game play is shit.

#38 Posted by Jag85 (4354 posts) -

It you wanted to split up Nintendo EAD, then you should have split it up into Nintendo EAD Kyoto and Nintendo EAD Tokyo. That makes far more sense than splitting them up into Group 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

#39 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

"Not fair" LMAO

... you live in la la land don't you?

Hahahaha

Some truly spectacular arguments you have. First you accuse me of being a sheep, now this

XD

#40 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16494 posts) -
@Jag85 said:

It you wanted to split up Nintendo EAD, then you should have split it up into Nintendo EAD Kyoto and Nintendo EAD Tokyo. That makes far more sense than splitting them up into Group 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.

It honestly has nothing to do with that. It's comparing the titles in the list. That's all.

#41 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5653 posts) -

I've been a big ND fan since the PS1 days.

#42 Edited by RR360DD (11519 posts) -

Ouch thread backfire

#43 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4536 posts) -

I dont no much bout dem vidya gaems but I shur love me some sonys.

We know.

#44 Posted by pyro1245 (443 posts) -

Well Naughty Dog hasn't made any really good games since they stopped the platformers; TLoU was good, but it's basically a rush through the gameplay segments to get to the next cutscene.

Nintendo has been slipping as well.

Both of these devs used to make much better games.

Also:

Neither... Simply because they're confined to a single platform.....

Capcom is Better !

#45 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Totally useless thread. Cows even though they are the majority of Sw's users they arent going to outvote sheep and lemminga together.

#46 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

So you split up Nintendo but you don't split up ND? Thread is pointless

Also you forget that ND made Uncharted 1 and 3 as well. U2 is amazing, 1 and 3 are not

#47 Posted by sandbox3d (5111 posts) -

Even with the fact that you're comparing both ND teams to one EAD team that's not even their best, Nintendo still comes out on top.

I really miss pre-PS3 ND though. If only they had continued in that direction, they'd be one hell of a great developer today.

Sony needed a graphics showboat of a dev though and they fill that role well. It would have been nice to see them continue to pursue gameplay rather than putting all their efforts into graphics though. They do make solid games still, but nothing worth more than a rental.

#48 Edited by tonitorsi (8276 posts) -

Voted for Naughty God

#49 Posted by Mario1331 (8815 posts) -

So, no teams. Free-for-all.

TC should just stack up EAD to ND then.

if we do that then EAD blows Naughty Dog out the water in…everything.

sales/scores. you name it

#50 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9746 posts) -

That's really not a fair comparison considering that EAD group 3 has only existed for 10 years and you are comparing it to what Naughty Dog has done since it began. Nintendo EAD 3 + pre-2004 EAD crushes Naughty Dog quite easily.

But sure, for this poll I suppose it would be Naughty Dog since Aonuma needs to be fired.