MS: We are not going to change the Xbox One policies. They are definitive

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-pre-owned-and-online-policies-are-definitive-unlikely-to-change-in-near-term/0117152 too much pride to admit their mistakes
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Game over.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Well... "Spencer did add, however, that like any entertainment company Microsoft listens to consumers and Xbox One will evolve over time." I hope they change. It's the thing that's holding me back from ever wanting a X1.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Well... "Spencer did add, however, that like any entertainment company Microsoft listens to consumers and Xbox One will evolve over time." I hope they change. It's the thing that's holding me back from ever wanting a X1. Badosh

when?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
And for the first time I won't be buying all consoles this generation....grats MS....you've save me money.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

a new xbox one poster could be...

1289404224-shooting-yourself-in-the-foot

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="-Damien-"]http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-pre-owned-and-online-policies-are-definitive-unlikely-to-change-in-near-term/0117152 too much pride to admit their mistakessts106mat

congrats, you just earned yourself 20 internet reward points.    

(you change reward to a similar word beginning with R if you want)

Do you hold him with 20 regards?

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

That's okay, the 12 remaining lemmings world wide have the lube ready.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Fate is 100% sealed now.

PS4 wins next gen by land slide victory.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Damien-

[QUOTE="Badosh"]Well... "Spencer did add, however, that like any entertainment company Microsoft listens to consumers and Xbox One will evolve over time." I hope they change. It's the thing that's holding me back from ever wanting a X1. campzor

when?

not anytime soon
TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

Im not sure why the TC didnt just add the for now part on the end of the topic. Based on the article though it at least seems like at some point in the future they may change there policies 

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#15 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Like the last two gens, I will end up getting both consoles at some point. Too many good games to come in the next gen to not own an Xboxone or PS4. I do have internet so it doesnt bother me about always online. I will buy more games for PS4 and the titles I want for x1.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Douevenlift_bro

Im not sure why the TC didnt just add the for now part on the end of the topic. Based on the article though it at least seems like at some point in the future they may change there policies 

TheRealBigRich

So wait till E3 2015 then?

linkdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 linkdarkside
Member since 2003 • 6279 Posts

the end of Xbox.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Final nail in the coffin. Lems are finished.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
Great job MS. :roll:
BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BlaveBrave
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

They only way I see the MS model working is if they slash the price of games. Heck you can get a brand new game on Steam or Greenman Gaming for $40 sometimes less. But they also have the Indie problem and Internet thing like some of their consumers isn't in college with a crap connection and limited on funds >.> (Well that was me 5 years ago)

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Damien-

TheRealBigRich
false hope, they're not gonna change
JPala84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JPala84
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts
The thing that pisses me off is that they claim it costs $100 million+ for a shot at creating a AAA game, and then they whine when it flops. Well if no one buys your junky ass system due to all the damn rules, no kidding!
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
if the x1 doesn't sell well or sees a slow in sales for a long time they will change their mind.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Douevenlift_bro

30046497.jpg.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I don't think people realize what would have to be done in order to change the X1's policies. Specifically designed for those policies, it would have been a huge undertaking to change the infrastructure of the system to allow complete off-line play, used games, etc. It would have cost them to pay the designers/engineers to redesign the system, which based on how they did it, might or might not raise the price of the system, and no doubt would have delayed the console, unless they rushed it (which lets face it, love or hate them, Microsoft does not want another RROD-like fiasco and they learned the hard way). Granted, whether they kept the current design or went for a new one, they're going to take a hit.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Like the last two gens, I will end up getting both consoles at some point. Too many good games to come in the next gen to not own an Xboxone or PS4. I do have internet so it doesnt bother me about always online. I will buy more games for PS4 and the titles I want for x1. cainetao11
I was kinda hoping they would change it to stricker policy. 1 hour online check ins, New game copys that erase from the HDD if you suck too bad at it or complete it, the system enters a lock out mode when it detects you havn't purchased a new game that month, Rewards for buying Legendary Editions of Halo, Forza etc.
TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

They only way I see the MS model working is if they slash the price of games. Heck you can get a brand new game on Steam or Greenman Gaming for $40 sometimes less. But they also have the Indie problem and Internet thing like some of their consumers isn't in college with a crap connection and limited on funds >.> (Well that was me 5 years ago)

BlaveBrave
thats one of the only benefits of drm that would make it ok
voicereason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 voicereason
Member since 2013 • 321 Posts
BlaveBrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BlaveBrave
Member since 2005 • 809 Posts

I don't think people realize what would have to be done in order to change the X1's policies. Specifically designed for those policies, it would have been a huge undertaking to change the infrastructure of the system to allow complete off-line play, used games, etc. It would have cost them to pay the designers/engineers to redesign the system, which based on how they did it, might or might not raise the price of the system, and no doubt would have delayed the console, unless they rushed it (which lets face it, love or hate them, Microsoft does not want another RROD-like fiasco and they learned the hard way). Granted, whether they kept the current design or went for a new one, they're going to take a hit.

Legendaryscmt

Yes to completely change your infrastructure around once it's already set in is a waste of time and money. They have no choice but to bite the bullet on this one and ride the storm out. Hopefully they can get something going for them. But if not it would save me a heck of alot of money :D

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
[QUOTE="Badosh"]Well... "Spencer did add, however, that like any entertainment company Microsoft listens to consumers and Xbox One will evolve over time." I hope they change. It's the thing that's holding me back from ever wanting a X1.

It will get worse? :o
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#32 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I don't see any where in the article where he says it's never going to change
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

USPrNBu.jpg.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
3rd place for the 3rd time.
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts
say what you want, but this whole XBOX ONE operation is way too weird and fishy SOMETHING is going on at M$, this is just playing stupid for no reasson at all.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
They've clearly set out their cart and they're happy with it, even if traditional gaming enthusiasts aren't. They aren't change the policies because frankly they don't care. The people complaining aren't their target market and they aren't all that interested in getting them on board. They've obviously decided to go with a digital future strategy and if some - or even a lot - of people get left behind, so be it in their eyes. No excuse for the stupid ****ing mandatory kinect though. Drop that **** MS.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

If they won't change, their customers sure as hell will.

White_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 White_Dreams
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
Good, it will help them fail.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

This quote from Peter Molyneux (I know) says it all as far as I'm concerned:

"Always online is simple for me. As a consumer, just show me why I should be always online and I'll be happy with it," he added. "At the moment, it just means game sale authentication. I don't want that. But if there's some way you can give a huge benefit for the consumer, and make the message super clear, [it would be accepted]."

This is it in a nutshell. Saying that you need to be online and yet not have any compelling reason for it, is a fukking HUGE blunder. Added with all of the mixed messages and you have a clusterfuk of enormous proportions.

That entire division needs to be restructured from the top down.

Yama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Yama
Member since 2002 • 34151 Posts

I've been calling this for years, their greed would eventually overtake them. Putting money into keeping software away from others instead of developing unique IP's for yourself is a horrible business model. Not to mention $100 wi-fi adapters, $150 250gb HDD's, horrific failure rate on the play and charge kits and consoles, etc. It showed they were only about profit and made you feel dumb as an educated consumer for even supporting them. The problem was in the console world Live was superior, though with the new PSN... why bother? That's going on yesteryears standards, mix in all of the bad news of today and the choice is obvious.

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

Gotta learn the hard way I guess. Oh well. 

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]They've clearly set out their cart and they're happy with it, even if traditional gaming enthusiasts aren't. They aren't change the policies because frankly they don't care. The people complaining aren't their target market and they aren't all that interested in getting them on board. They've obviously decided to go with a digital future strategy and if some - or even a lot - of people get left behind, so be it in their eyes. No excuse for the stupid ****ing mandatory kinect though. Drop that **** MS.

So you agree, they are making a 'casual box'.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

The third console curse.... The legends are true :O

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]They've clearly set out their cart and they're happy with it, even if traditional gaming enthusiasts aren't. They aren't change the policies because frankly they don't care. The people complaining aren't their target market and they aren't all that interested in getting them on board. They've obviously decided to go with a digital future strategy and if some - or even a lot - of people get left behind, so be it in their eyes. No excuse for the stupid ****ing mandatory kinect though. Drop that **** MS.

So you agree, they are making a 'casual box'.

No, they're making an all-in-one entertainment box. They want it to be equal parts TV, internet, gaming, everything. It's what more or less every big company is doing now. They want to be service providers, not hardware makers.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Game over.clyde46
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ninja-Hippo

That entire division needs to be restructured from the top down.

heretrix
A thousand times this. There are too many old farts there who just don't know what the **** they're doing any more. And in regards to the quote, he couldn't be more right. If it was always on and it *had* to be to function, because of the cloud or some other essential feature, I doubt many would care. The fact that it's literally a policing measure makes it seem like a dick move.
RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

This gen hasn't even started yet, and it's already over for MS.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Pikminmaniac

I don't really beileve in superstition, but damn, that's spot on, i mean look at the PS3, when it launched. now ms with they're third xbox.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I think they revert their policies eventually because I don't see people buying the Xbox One while they're in place. Hell, the 360 is the console I play the most but I'm switching to the PS4 next gen because of their DRM nonsense.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

TorqueHappens08

I don't really beileve in superstition, but damn, that's spot on, i mean look at the PS3, when it launched. now ms with they're third xbox.

Don't forget about Nintendo 64 and Sega Saturn.