MS: We are not going to change the Xbox One policies. They are definitive

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
[QUOTE="-Damien-"]http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-pre-owned-and-online-policies-are-definitive-unlikely-to-change-in-near-term/0117152 too much pride to admit their mistakes

Microsoft employees are laughing at us right now.. I'm going back to Sony...
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
Well I guess I will be enjoying my ps4 this season.
J_O1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 J_O1ne
Member since 2013 • 129 Posts
I'm not going to change my buying policies. They are definitive. PS4 all the way!
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Game over MS.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="Suppaman100"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]They've clearly set out their cart and they're happy with it, even if traditional gaming enthusiasts aren't. They aren't change the policies because frankly they don't care. The people complaining aren't their target market and they aren't all that interested in getting them on board. They've obviously decided to go with a digital future strategy and if some - or even a lot - of people get left behind, so be it in their eyes. No excuse for the stupid ****ing mandatory kinect though. Drop that **** MS.

So you agree, they are making a 'casual box'.

No, they're making an all-in-one entertainment box. They want it to be equal parts TV, internet, gaming, everything. It's what more or less every big company is doing now. They want to be service providers, not hardware makers.

Loled at the "all-in-one" part.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Will never buy... confirmed.

Sorry Microsoft better luck next time. :(

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

And for the first time I won't be buying all consoles this generation....grats MS....you've save me money.LJS9502_basic

First time for me as well.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

This quote from Peter Molyneux (I know) says it all as far as I'm concerned:

"Always online is simple for me. As a consumer, just show me why I should be always online and I'll be happy with it," he added. "At the moment, it just means game sale authentication. I don't want that. But if there's some way you can give a huge benefit for the consumer, and make the message super clear, [it would be accepted]."

This is it in a nutshell. Saying that you need to be online and yet not have any compelling reason for it, is a fukking HUGE blunder. Added with all of the mixed messages and you have a clusterfuk of enormous proportions.

That entire division needs to be restructured from the top down.

heretrix

That's what I'm waiting to see.

When Steam came into the picture on PC that is exactly how it was. It was nothing more than a program that told me I needed to be online to play Half Life 2.

Yet now, Steam still requires online authentication (and the periodic check-up), and I don't have the ability to sell, trade, or rent, but Steam (and other distributors) have made PC the most accessible platform for gaming. The prices, the convenience, and the features can not be matched elsewhere. 

I don't think my PC has gone without an internet connection in the last few years, and I haven't bought a retail game in ages. It just doesn't phase me at this point.

I'm hopeful that Microsoft is shooting to provide that same level of service on the Xbox One.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

"Always online is simple for me. As a consumer, just show me why I should be always online and I'll be happy with it," he added. "At the moment, it just means game sale authentication. I don't want that. But if there's some way you can give a huge benefit for the consumer, and make the message super clear, [it would be accepted]."

This is it in a nutshell. Saying that you need to be online and yet not have any compelling reason for it, is a fukking HUGE blunder. Added with all of the mixed messages and you have a clusterfuk of enormous proportions.

Ly_the_Fairy

When Steam came into the picture on PC that is exactly how it was. It was nothing more than a program that told me I needed to be online to play Half Life 2.

Yet now, Steam still requires online authentication (and the periodic check-up), and I don't have the ability to sell, trade, or rent, but Steam (and other distributors) have made PC the most accessible platform for gaming. The prices, the convenience, and the features can not be matched elsewhere. 

I don't think my PC has gone without an internet connection in the last few years, and I haven't bought a retail game in ages. It just doesn't phase me at this point.

I'm hopeful that Microsoft is shooting to provide that same level of service on the Xbox One.

That would be awesome.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

The third console curse.... The legends are true :O

Pikminmaniac
The third console curse is now undisputedly a real thing, this is the 5th time it's struck. Crazy.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

heretrix

That would be awesome.

In the back of my mind I just like to think that Microsoft is attempting to put the "Steam experience" onto their console. The only problem is that the used market still exists, so they can't quite go 100% on the idea.

Most of the troubles with the X1 stem from retail games, and used games; not digital. Give me the accessibility of PC gaming in the form of an all-digital Xbox, and I'd be more than happy to check one out.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Good, save me the hassle of buying one anytime soon.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

"Spencer did add, however, that like any entertainment company Microsoft listens to consumers and Xbox One will evolve over time."

Oh lol really, what a joke :lol:

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#65 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Lets all take a front row seat and watch this console crash and burn.
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 robybaggio
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

Lets all take a front row seat and watch this console crash and burn.bbkkristian

It's selling out. What they're doing is exactly what they need to do. PS4 is what will fail in the end.

CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
Why would you want to change it when your projecting up to a billion sales LOL
Esfan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Esfan13
Member since 2013 • 67 Posts

The people complaining about the DRM are the ones who are mainly interested in buying and selling used games. If you don't buy and sell used games, the DRM will have very little to no effect on you at all. We are moving quickly to an all digital format. The only reason there are still physical disks for the games at all now is to save download time for people with slower connections or download caps.

The used game buyers and sellers cost Microsoft and their game publishers. The stupid thing is to do what Sony is doing and market to the people who cost you money.

The consoles that Sony sells to the people who complain about DRM are going to hurt Sony.

Why is this so hard to understand? The problem isn't selling a game to Gamestop for $10 or $20. The problem is that Gamestop takes that game you sold, marks it up to $55 and then pushes the used copies instead of pushing the new copy for only $5 more. The person who pays $55 to Gamestop for a used game is costing the console maker and publisher. They are of no benefit to anyone except Gamestop.

Why would any company in their right mind make any effort at all to sell a console to people who mainly buy used games? It only makes sense to sell consoles to people who will buy new copies of games, either on release or after it has been out for a while and goes on sale. If paying an extra $5 for a new copy over a used copy is such a big deal, wait a couple of months until the price drops by $5 or more.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

I can't believe they've gone the route they have. I mean, with the recent PS4 presser and all pretty much destroying the Xbox One.. You'd think MS would reconsider things. It's quite shocking to me.. 

Shadow4020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Shadow4020
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts

Right now Microsoft sees all the negativity as just talk, consumers have to show them that they mean what they say and not buy the Xbox One. MS wants to see if people will buy the console anyway and if they do then nothing will change, so don't buy it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Game over Lems.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts

[QUOTE="-Damien-"]http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-pre-owned-and-online-policies-are-definitive-unlikely-to-change-in-near-term/0117152 too much pride to admit their mistakessts106mat

congrats, you just earned yourself 20 internet reward points.    

(you change reward to a similar word beginning with R if you want)

raccoons
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Game over Lems.

I_can_haz

premature ejaculation.

deltazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deltazero
Member since 2013 • 86 Posts
lol funny thing is there is no need for them to change anything. I thought no one would buy the xbox1 after hearing this and seeing what the ps4 had to offer, but system wars proved me wrong
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#75 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
[QUOTE="Badosh"]Well... "Spencer did add, however, that like any entertainment company Microsoft listens to consumers and Xbox One will evolve over time." I hope they change. It's the thing that's holding me back from ever wanting a X1.

What that really said is "if sales suck horribly due to our policies then we will change them to increase sales." Vote with your wallet.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 superclocked

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Lets all take a front row seat and watch this console crash and burn.robybaggio

It's selling out. What they're doing is exactly what they need to do. PS4 is what will fail in the end.

:lol:
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 superclocked

The people complaining about the DRM are the ones who are mainly interested in buying and selling used games. If you don't buy and sell used games, the DRM will have very little to no effect on you at all. We are moving quickly to an all digital format. The only reason there are still physical disks for the games at all now is to save download time for people with slower connections or download caps.

The used game buyers and sellers cost Microsoft and their game publishers. The stupid thing is to do what Sony is doing and market to the people who cost you money.

The consoles that Sony sells to the people who complain about DRM are going to hurt Sony.

Why is this so hard to understand? The problem isn't selling a game to Gamestop for $10 or $20. The problem is that Gamestop takes that game you sold, marks it up to $55 and then pushes the used copies instead of pushing the new copy for only $5 more. The person who pays $55 to Gamestop for a used game is costing the console maker and publisher. They are of no benefit to anyone except Gamestop.

Why would any company in their right mind make any effort at all to sell a console to people who mainly buy used games? It only makes sense to sell consoles to people who will buy new copies of games, either on release or after it has been out for a while and goes on sale. If paying an extra $5 for a new copy over a used copy is such a big deal, wait a couple of months until the price drops by $5 or more.

Esfan13
Sony is moving to digital distribution as well, and they're not forcing it on people. They're also not forcing the video camera or online onto people.. EDIT: Also, I bought about 75 brand new XBox 360 games this generation, and my oldest son has had XBox Live Gold for years. So, your logic is horribly flawed. They're pushing away paying customers...
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

Yep ps4 it is. Bye bye microsoft. 

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#79 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
duh... company will only change their ways when they see something effecting their profit
-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts
give it up lems, MS won't change the draconian policies