MS, Our New Xbox One/PC Features Not In Response To PS4's Lead

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

@asylumni said:

@Pedro: I would think by now, it's common knowledge that the Xbox One and the PS4 have compatible architecture, with the PS4 being more powerful.

why would microsoft put xbox on ps4 if you like xbox games then buy a xbox and stop whining

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@panda30: but said Rocket League, can you show me that being played on a phone?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70224 Posts

@asylumni said:

@Pedro: I would think by now, it's common knowledge that the Xbox One and the PS4 have compatible architecture, with the PS4 being more powerful.

And how does that validate your point? You stated

"only MS's decision to not make it happen."

So, in your mind the only reason that Xbox games are not on the PS4 is because of MS. That is a statement that cannot be validated. Independent of that, its rather unreasonable for them to extend their play anywhere feature to a platform that is 1. Not theirs, 2. Requires Sony permission, 3. Undercut their bottom line since they have to pay royalties.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@panda30: Come on man that 16.5 mill they are probably talking something different from what you want it to mean. Also the 5 mill keeps moving from 3 to 1 month all the times. I mean it should at least give you a pause. Even the banner you posted leaves itself to different interpretation. Take it from someone who thinks Halo still the biggest exclusive there is. The way MS has chosen to dance around Halo 5 success is vague. A success like that should be communicated straight up.

About the topic. The move is all within MS interest really. Console business was always eventually to complement the services that Microsoft offer. I had a thread about this calling it brilliant. The store needs to improve though

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

@ellos said:

@panda30: Come on man that 16.5 mill they are probably talking something different from what you want it to mean. Also the 5 mill keeps moving from 3 to 1 month all the times. I mean it should at least give you a pause. Even the banner you posted leaves itself to different interpretation. Take it from someone who thinks Halo still the biggest exclusive there is. The way MS has chosen to dance around Halo 5 success is vague. A success like that should be communicated straight up.

About the topic. The move is all within MS interest really. Console business was always eventually to complement the services that Microsoft offer. I had a thread about this calling it brilliant. The store needs to improve though

stop being in denial this is no interpretation. 343 confirm it on RTX 16.5 mill

so go watch it

or

go cry about it

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pedro

@panda30 said:

so go watch it

or

go cry about it

So, more people are playing Halo 5 than any other Halo game with a userbase that is smaller than the 360? Sounds and smells like bullshit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@panda30 said:

Halo5 sold 5mill after month 1

16.5mill now sooo yea but no

NO is shipped 5 million to stores and sold not even 2 million in days total crap compare to old halo games even Halo 2,and lower than Uncharted 4 did to.

@unreal223 said:

Anyone claiming that xbox games on pc is anything but good is simply a microsoft hater. I have a killer pc but I still play xbox games a lot of the time. The reason why? Multiplayer games! I have a nice pc but none of my friends do. I wanted to play the division with my pc but I played on xbox because that is where my friends were. I'm thrilled that I will get to play Gears 4 on my pc and still get to play with my xbox live friends. The best thing ever is if games like COD/Battlefield would allow cross platform play too. Then I really would be able to get rid of my xbox. The benefit to MS for this? I would have to buy my games from there store. I'm a loyal steam fan but if I could play COD with xbox one players on my pc I would buy it from their store. (Even if I had to pay full price which is something I never do. Best Buy Gamers Club!)

That is even more sad as bigger chances are that most of people friends are on PS4 playing and not on xbox one simple because the PS4 has a much bigger user base.

But regardless of you wanting to play with your friend or not Your opinion is based on what you claim is your experience and you don't represent even 1% of the PC marker,reality is xbox games on PC have only 1 winner PC gamers,as they get xbox games completely killing the need to own an xbox one, and 2nd the xbox one doesn't get PC games so is only win win for PC gamers for xbox gamers it a kick in the face even more when live fees are non existent on PC.

COD is an activision game not a MS game and this gen MS even loss the right to DLC from activision,thanks to the fantastic PS4 sales.

@delta3074 said:

you are missing the point, Microsoft is not interested in Exclusive games anymore, they are interested in Bringing there games to as many platforms as they can which is a smart move because Games are where the money is NOT hardware.

This ^^ is bullshit bullshit and more bullshit this is the voice of some one who use to use even games on xbox 360 and PC vs PS3 as ammo,tagging them as ""only on xbox 360"",i even quoted you doing so,this is pathetic fact is exclusives don't matter now because the xbox one loss them because its games sales suck monkey ass compare to the xbox 360 plain an simple even with a smaller user base the xbox 360 steamrolled the xbox one software sales wise,Halo selling 3.3 million copies in US alone in a few days prove that beyond doubt.

Exclusives matter and they have before the PS and xbox were even here when Mario was battling Sonic,and even before that when Mario and Zelda battle with Alex kid and fantasy zone.

If exclusive didn't really matter to MS and they wanted to see things as multiplatform money,Nintendo and Sony would also have those games as well,what better than having Halo on PS4,XBO, PC and NX.?

Microsoft on Xbox One: We Have The Best Exclusives, New Franchises, and Multiplayer Community

"It's more fun on Xbox One," Microsoft says.

"With the best exclusives, spectacular new franchises, and the best multiplayer community, it's more fun on Xbox One."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-on-xbox-one-we-have-the-best-exclusives-new-franchises-and-multiplayer-community/1100-6420746/

Lies lies lies.... But that was 2014 were the xbox wasn't that far from the PS4 and they could still use shipped to stores numbers to claim they were close to the PS4.

This is before games started to bomb one after another.

So who ever believe this shit from MS is just on pure uncut denial,all MS is doing is pleasing investors because the xbox one games are selling badly and even Halo under performed vs other halo games,even on a bigger user base.

@delta3074 said:

As much as i don't like the idea because i trade a lot of games, you have to concede that used games will soon be a thing of the past.

Things change and you ether change with them or get left behind.

Gaming is going digital it's inevitable and no amount of complaining about it is going to change that.

This is even more pathetic games have being digital on PC for ages,and still there are physical copies,we don't have to move because MS think something most be like they say didn't DRM,no used games and all that crap teach anything to you.?

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 asylumni

@Pedro said:
@asylumni said:

And how does that validate your point? You stated

"only MS's decision to not make it happen."

So, in your mind the only reason that Xbox games are not on the PS4 is because of MS. That is a statement that cannot be validated. Independent of that, its rather unreasonable for them to extend their play anywhere feature to a platform that is 1. Not theirs, 2. Requires Sony permission, 3. Undercut their bottom line since they have to pay royalties.

There are hundreds of examples of companies managing to put their games on both the Xbox One and the PS4, so no reason a software giant like MS couldn't. MS is also putting their games on PC, a platform they do not own. Plus, even after royalties, MS would make more money including the PS4 as opposed to excluding its customers.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 asylumni

@panda30 said:
@asylumni said:

why would microsoft put xbox on ps4 if you like xbox games then buy a xbox and stop whining

No need since I already have a PC which will have a non-reference rx480 or gtx1060 soon (haven't decided, but will probably be the one I can get for msrp first, without abusing the refresh key). I just think MS should be called on this BS. If they say everywhere, it should be everywhere.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 asylumni

@GarGx1: I was speaking specifically of Rocket League, but before that, there was PS2 and PC play when Final Fantasy 11 launched with the PS2 HDD in 2002.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Pedro

@asylumni said:

There are hundreds of examples of companies managing to put their games on both the Xbox One and the PS4, so no reason a software giant like MS couldn't. MS is also putting their games on PC, a platform they do not own. Plus, even after royalties, MS would make more money including the PS4 as opposed to excluding its customers.

You are being purposefully naive. PC gaming runs on a Microsoft Platform. Windows is owned by Microsoft and the vast majority of PC games are running on Windows with no other OS being a close second. Xbox Play Anywhere is using another Microsoft platform that is design for their systems that spans across multiple devices. Xbox Play Anywhere is also exclusive to Windows 10 systems which includes, tablets,phones, PC and Xbox but its only for Windows 10 systems. You are making the assumption that the only hurdle for Play Anywhere being on the PS4 is Microsoft as if Sony does not have a say in the decision. Even when Microsoft opened the channels for cross play between platforms the new bottleneck was Sony. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@panda30 said:
@ellos said:

so go watch it

or

go cry about it

lol ok was just trying to help you out here.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@tormentos said:
@panda30 said:

NO is shipped 5 million to stores and sold not even 2 million in days total crap compare to old halo games even Halo 2,and lower than Uncharted 4 did to.

@unreal223 said:

Anyone claiming that xbox games on pc is anything but good is simply a microsoft hater. I have a killer pc but I still play xbox games a lot of the time. The reason why? Multiplayer games! I have a nice pc but none of my friends do. I wanted to play the division with my pc but I played on xbox because that is where my friends were. I'm thrilled that I will get to play Gears 4 on my pc and still get to play with my xbox live friends. The best thing ever is if games like COD/Battlefield would allow cross platform play too. Then I really would be able to get rid of my xbox. The benefit to MS for this? I would have to buy my games from there store. I'm a loyal steam fan but if I could play COD with xbox one players on my pc I would buy it from their store. (Even if I had to pay full price which is something I never do. Best Buy Gamers Club!)

That is even more sad as bigger chances are that most of people friends are on PS4 playing and not on xbox one simple because the PS4 has a much bigger user base.

But regardless of you wanting to play with your friend or not Your opinion is based on what you claim is your experience and you don't represent even 1% of the PC marker,reality is xbox games on PC have only 1 winner PC gamers,as they get xbox games completely killing the need to own an xbox one, and 2nd the xbox one doesn't get PC games so is only win win for PC gamers for xbox gamers it a kick in the face even more when live fees are non existent on PC.

COD is an activision game not a MS game and this gen MS even loss the right to DLC from activision,thanks to the fantastic PS4 sales.

@delta3074 said:

you are missing the point, Microsoft is not interested in Exclusive games anymore, they are interested in Bringing there games to as many platforms as they can which is a smart move because Games are where the money is NOT hardware.

This ^^ is bullshit bullshit and more bullshit this is the voice of some one who use to use even games on xbox 360 and PC vs PS3 as ammo,tagging them as ""only on xbox 360"",i even quoted you doing so,this is pathetic fact is exclusives don't matter now because the xbox one loss them because its games sales suck monkey ass compare to the xbox 360 plain an simple even with a smaller user base the xbox 360 steamrolled the xbox one software sales wise,Halo selling 3.3 million copies in US alone in a few days prove that beyond doubt.

Exclusives matter and they have before the PS and xbox were even here when Mario was battling Sonic,and even before that when Mario and Zelda battle with Alex kid and fantasy zone.

If exclusive didn't really matter to MS and they wanted to see things as multiplatform money,Nintendo and Sony would also have those games as well,what better than having Halo on PS4,XBO, PC and NX.?

Microsoft on Xbox One: We Have The Best Exclusives, New Franchises, and Multiplayer Community

"With the best exclusives, spectacular new franchises, and the best multiplayer community, it's more fun on Xbox One."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-on-xbox-one-we-have-the-best-exclusives-new-franchises-and-multiplayer-community/1100-6420746/

Lies lies lies.... But that was 2014 were the xbox wasn't that far from the PS4 and they could still use shipped to stores numbers to claim they were close to the PS4.

So who ever believe this shit from MS is just on pure uncut denial,all MS is doing is pleasing investors because the xbox one games are selling badly and even Halo under performed vs other halo games,even on a bigger user base.

@delta3074 said:

As much as i don't like the idea because i trade a lot of games, you have to concede that used games will soon be a thing of the past.

Gaming is going digital it's inevitable and no amount of complaining about it is going to change that.

This is even more pathetic games have being digital on PC for ages,and still there are physical copies,we don't have to move because MS think something most be like they say didn't DRM,no used games and all that crap teach anything to you.?

You rekt them.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 asylumni

@Pedro said:
@asylumni said:

You are being purposefully naive. PC gaming runs on a Microsoft Platform. Windows is owned by Microsoft and the vast majority of PC games are running on Windows with no other OS being a close second. Xbox Play Anywhere is using another Microsoft platform that is design for their systems that spans across multiple devices. Xbox Play Anywhere is also exclusive to Windows 10 systems which includes, tablets,phones, PC and Xbox but its only for Windows 10 systems. You are making the assumption that the only hurdle for Play Anywhere being on the PS4 is Microsoft as if Sony does not have a say in the decision. Even when Microsoft opened the channels for cross play between platforms the new bottleneck was Sony. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, Windows does have a near monopoly on the PC OS, but that doesn't grant ownership of the platform. It is just another requirement, like a certain level x86 CPU. As a reminder, it was MS that said they want their games to be like music and movies that you can play anywhere. So even if we grant MS the PC platform, the "play anywhere" is still a misnomer and not akin to movies and music.

As for the Rocket League issue, I haven't seen anything actually pointing to the stumbling block. It could be that MS insisted on hosting the matchmaking controlling a game on Sony's network, MS insisting on a layer that added lag only to PSN, or Sony being greedy and refusing to buttress the Xbox One player base. We don't know and all we have are assumptions.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@asylumni: technically, if you count Windows 10. Windows 10 which is MS's ecosystem, combined with Windows 10 being installed on almost half of computers using Steams, then yes he can say that MS/Windows 10 owns the platform.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Sony and their ancient thinking will cost them.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Half truth half lie.

1. People were asking for MS games, I mean PC players ask for everything on consoles and the games MS produces are no exception so that portion is truth.

2. Not responding to Sony? lol is that the reason why they stopped reporting console and game sales numbers and started making up funny numbers to feed people instead of the actual sales like last gen? Why they did a 180 on virtually everything the xbone set out to be basically making it a carbon copy of PS4 minus the power and sales?

That was the lie, with sales (or lack there of against PS4) being the main reason for this move.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 asylumni

@daniel_su123 said:

@asylumni: technically, if you count Windows 10. Windows 10 which is MS's ecosystem, combined with Windows 10 being installed on almost half of computers using Steams, then yes he can say that MS/Windows 10 owns the platform.

Umm, no. That's like saying Coca-Cola owns McDonald's because there's Coca-Cola products in most of the restraints. That's not how ownership works. Microsoft has no say in who writes for, what programs are made for, can not collect royalties for PC. Also, squatters rights doesn't cover operating systems in PCs. Besides, there's many more programs that require an x86 CPU than Windows 10, so why not argue that it's an Intel ecosystem?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@casharmy said:

Half truth half lie.

1. People were asking for MS games, I mean PC players ask for everything on consoles and the games MS produces are no exception so that portion is truth.

2. Not responding to Sony? lol is that the reason why they stopped reporting console and game sales numbers and started making up funny numbers to feed people instead of the actual sales like last gen? Why they did a 180 on virtually everything the xbone set out to be basically making it a carbon copy of PS4 minus the power and sales?

That was the lie, with sales (or lack there of against PS4) being the main reason for this move.

Yup, MS still has a sore jaw from being knocked the **** out at reveal E3.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8318 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Wasdie said:

It was something they should have been doing back on the Xbox 360. There is no need to split their platforms up like that. Console sales are largely independent from PC sales. Breaking down barriers and opening up the amount of platforms a player can play their games on at no extra cost gives more intensives to buy their games. Knowing that I can play Forza 6 on my PC or Xbox One, and switch between the two platforms as I feel like it, is pretty damn awesome. Sometimes I want to play on my TV, other times I want to play on my PC. Now I can with no hassle. That's a really cool system.

From a PC gamer's perspective, the Xbox One can become an extension of the PC if a lot of games can be bought on one platform and played on both. From a console gamer's perspective, this is a way to more easily get into PC gaming (which Microsoft is dominate on already and has just expanded its services with their own DD store).

I just don't buy it. I guess different PC gamers. From my point of view, I now have zero interest in the Xbox One. I need exclusives to justify having a console, otherwise, why not have something else in its place which does have exclusives.

I certainly don't buy the 'sales being largely independant from each other'. I used to think that, but now I'm in a position of a PC gamer, if I have a game on my PC, I'm not interested in buying it else where, so there goes the sale I would have given to the console.

It's a pretty expensive extention, isn't there other ways such as the Steam Link? Sure it might not work for MS store games, but it's an expensive solution to have an Xbox One just for those games.

@Legend002 said:

Terrible decision. Good for people like me though that can now throw away my Xbone.

True dat... And done that. Lol the day after MSs e3 presentation.

Consider this: Xbox Play Anywhere means that you're buying a game from a unified store.. a single store for a single platform.. So if you buy Gears of War 4 for your PC, that's a sale for Microsoft and you'll be playing that game via Xbox Live.. if you buy Gears of War 4 for you Xbox One, that's a sale for Microsoft and you'll be playing that game via Xbox Live.. If you happen to own both a gaming PC and an Xbox One, you can freely play that game on either one of your screens and your progress carries over with you.. It's the same concept of owning two Xbox Ones or two PS4s at that point..

If you have a PS4 in your living room and a PS4 upstairs in your man-cave, it's the same difference.. Sony isn't concerned about whether or not you buy a second PS4 for your man-cave.. they're just glad you have a PS4 in your household, bought a game from the PlayStation Store, and are playing that game via PSN.. And by that same token, Microsoft isn't concerned about whether or not you buy an Xbox One in addition to your Windows 10 gaming PC.. they're just glad you have a Windows 10 gaming device in your household, bought a game from the unified Windows Store, and are playing that game via Xbox Live..

So go ahead and throw away your Xbone.. if you plan to play Gears of War 4, Forza Horison 3, Recore, Sea of Theives, and more, you'll be supporting Microsoft regardless by buying a game from their Windows Store, supporting Xbox Live with your activity, and ensuring more developers invest in Xbox/Win10 exclusives.. Good deal and i'll seeya online..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Antwan3K  Online

@oflow said:

I'm guessing this is taken from the interview in this article mostly : Scorpio Rising

As usual the cows here cant see the forest for the trees. The 'hedged bet' is on the fact that MS has primarily shifted their business model into selling services, and they are pretty successful at it. Xbox Live is the service they are selling. Scorpio is the product they came up with based on what devs said they would need if they wanted to deliver.

Just like in the other thread where you cows were saying they were backtracking, thats not the case and is explained in the article above.

Arguments based on console sales numbers is kinda moot since no cow here could have predicted the PS4 would sell like it did, not even Sony predicted that. And if its any indication, the PS4 sold primarily based on the fact that it was more powerful. It wasnt exclusives driving PS4s huge sales numbers they literally didnt have any worthwhile for almost the first two years. It was the combination of cheaper price and blundered X1 launch that catapulted the PS4 not exclusives. Sony's entire marketing strat was market multiplats like first party games and tell everyone to wait for greatness and it worked. Especially when the power difference was factored into the marketing. Sony made 1080 a marketing term this gen, even when a number of games didnt do 1080 on PS4.

You'll always have people that say stuff like, 'derp now I can throw out my xbox' but these same people seem to consistently overlook the fact that everyone doesnt have a gaming PC or want one. Theres definitely a niche market here to be exploited that probably a lot sweeter than most cows are willingly to admit. Just like the Surface made its mark in the tablet/pc market after a rough start, the Xbox is becoming a branded pc in the same vein. Not to mention MS has Windows Holographic and will potentially have access to both Vive and Rift on Scorpio, which could completely crater PSVR.

We shall see. My money is on the people that jumped on the power bandwagon staying on the 'moar powah' bandwagon and going to Scorpio. Sony exclusives arent really what drove the herd to PS4 this gen. SW Cows like to think that but if it were true Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 would be selling 20 million copies and they arent. They are selling comparable numbers to Xbox exclusives.

Great post sir.. I 100% agree

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#72 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

@Antwan3K: Nobody is against supporting MS. It's just unnecessary to own a Xbox at this point.

Jesus Christ, lems are defensive.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro

@Legend002 said:

@Antwan3K: Nobody is against supporting MS. It's just unnecessary to own a Xbox at this point.

Jesus Christ, lems are defensive.

ONLY if you have a gaming PC. Otherwise its not unnecessary. Jesus Christ, get it right.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Legend002

@Pedro: who doesn't have a gaming PC? How many Steam users are there again? Jesus Christ.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Antwan3K  Online

@Legend002: Many people have no interest in PC gaming and prefer the console experience. Therefore, if you want to play those Xbox/Win10 exclusives on a console, an Xbox One is completely necessary.

Jesus Christ, cows think the console market doesn't exist yet they prefer to game on a console..

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

I hope this is implemented well... Anyone here ever try using games for windows live on PC? *shudder* Best case scenario, more games for us PC gamers

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pedro

@Legend002 said:

@Pedro: who doesn't have a gaming PC? How many Steam users are there again? Jesus Christ.

Many people don't. Jesus Christ. Why do you think console gaming still exist?

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Legend002

@Pedro said:
@Legend002 said:

JC. For exclusives which Xbone doesn't have.

*edit

delicious 4K60fps gaming

Loading Video...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@Legend002 said:

And a kick in the bollocks to the people who got an Xbox a couple of years ago. Thanks MS, for turning my Xbox into the most expensive Netflix player out there. That was awesome.

It's been like playing NBA Jam, but instead of using a ball, you're taking rolls of cash out of your bank and slam dunking it in MS basket. Thank you MS.

Woooo YEAH, lets hear it for MSs business plan, I'm sure happy they're making money.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Antwan3K  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Legend002 said:

And a kick in the bollocks to the people who got an Xbox a couple of years ago. Thanks MS, for turning my Xbox into the most expensive Netflix player out there. That was awesome.

It's been like playing NBA Jam, but instead of using a ball, you're taking rolls of cash out of your bank and slam dunking it in MS basket. Thank you MS.

Woooo YEAH, lets hear it for MSs business plan, I'm sure happy they're making money.

And I hope you realize not everyone feels the same way you do.. For me, Xbox Play Anywhere represents an interesting value..

For example, I'm due for a new laptop and thanks to the recent news, i'll definitely be looking at a laptop capable of running Xbox One level games (i'll likely wait until the new Surface Book 2 is announced to make my final decision). With a unified Windows Store and Xbox Play Anywhere, i'll be able to play my Xbox games on both my home console and continue playing on the go as well via cross-buy and cross-save.. How exactly is that a bad value for me?..

It sucks that you feel like you don't see any value in your console anymore due to your gaming PC, but please realize that not everyone shares your view.. For me, I'm interested in PC gaming for the first time in my entire life.. and that's because I'll be able to buy a game once from my console and play that same game natively, with achievements, party chat, online play, and everything else i'd expect from Xbox Live but mobile with my laptop.. This is great news for a consumer like me and i'm sure there are many others that appreciate that value..

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@Legend002 said:
@Pedro said:
@Legend002 said:

JC. For exclusives which Xbone doesn't have.

*edit

delicious 4K60fps gaming

1. An overwhelming majority of PS4 gaming software sales are multiplats.

2. Delicious 4k60fps gaming indeed, I'm glad you finally realize how amazing PC is how badly you want/need it in your life - considering Neo won't replicate that in most games. $1200 on console hardware this gen and still far behind PC. ($400 PS4, $500 Neo, $300 PSN)

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Legend002 said:

And I hope you realize not everyone feels the same way you do.. For me, Xbox Play Anywhere represents an interesting value..

For example, I'm due for a new laptop and thanks to the recent news, i'll definitely be looking at a laptop capable of running Xbox One level games (i'll likely wait until the new Surface Book 2 is announced to make my final decision). With a unified Windows Store and Xbox Play Anywhere, i'll be able to play my Xbox games on both my home console and continue playing on the go as well via cross-buy and cross-save.. How exactly is that a bad value for me?..

It sucks that you feel like you don't see any value in your console anymore due to your gaming PC, but please realize that not everyone shares your view.. For me, I'm interested in PC gaming for the first time in my entire life.. and that's because I'll be able to buy a game once from my console and play that same game natively, with achievements, party chat, online play, and everything else i'd expect from Xbox Live but mobile with my laptop.. This is great news for a consumer like me and i'm sure there are many others that appreciate that value..

With a laptop you take on your travels, sure I can see that. You don't sound like a day one Xbox One owner, if you're not, I can imagine you may be happier with it, especially if you got one more recently, because then you knew the deal. I didn't know the deal, MS sold me a different concept. It cost me a lot, so I reserve the right to be pissed.

I in contrast to you first seriously became interested in PC gaming as a consequence of MS knee jerk reactions. It began when they dropped Kinect from the Xbox One and continued until MS fell of my scales completely when they announced everything as multiplat.

But there's always a silver lining and mine was that I've rediscovered Nintendo gaming with the Wii U.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@casharmy said:

Half truth half lie.

Sony's jaw must be sore from being knocked the **** out from the Scorpio announcement last month at E3.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Antwan3K  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Legend002 said:

With a laptop you take on your travels, sure I can see that. You don't sound like a day one Xbox One owner, if you're not, I can imagine you may be happier with it, especially if you got one more recently, because then you knew the deal. I didn't know the deal, MS sold me a different concept. It cost me a lot, so I reserve the right to be pissed.

I in contrast to you first seriously became interested in PC gaming as a consequence of MS knee jerk reactions. It began when they dropped Kinect from the Xbox One and continued until MS fell of my scales completely when they announced everything as multiplat.

But there's always a silver lining and mine was that I've rediscovered Nintendo gaming with the Wii U.

I bought my Xbox One on day one.. I actually have the Day One edition.. and I don't feel slighted at all.. I've enjoyed over 3 years of gaming on a device I literally use every day, so I see zero need to complain.. As someone who was never a PC gamer, I didn't give a damn about an Xbox One game also appearing on PC because i'm a console gamer first and i'm not going to buy the same game twice.. Now as someone who would likely take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere for continuing my Xbox One games on my laptop, this is an amazing announcement.. There is no downside for me..

Even if I was like you and had a high-end gaming desktop PC, I would be cool with this move.. that just means that when the living room TV is occupied, I can continue my gaming from my office PC.. there is no downside for "buy once, play anywhere" as far as I'm concerned..

You really seem to like having your gaming segregated with exclusive content on a multitude of different devices and that's fine.. different strokes for different folks as they say.. for me, if I can buy a game once and play it across all my devices, that's music to my ears.. there's enough gaming to be had on any given major platform (Xbox console, PlayStation, PC, or Nintendo) to satisfy even the most hardcore gamer.. buying yet another separate device to play a handful of extra exclusives coupled with yet another subscription fee doesn't appeal to me.. If I bought a PS4 or a WiiU/NX for their exclusives they'll just be boxes collecting dust because I barely have time to play all the games I have at my disposal right now on Xbox..

I don't need another console sitting under my television.. I need a way for my gaming to follow me from screen to screen to screen so I can effectively play as many games as possible whether I'm in the living room, in my office, or on the go.. Xbox Play Anywhere solves that issue..

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6186 Posts

Sony are not so innocent.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 HalcyonScarlet

@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Legend002 said:

I bought my Xbox One on day one.. I actually have the Day One edition.. and I don't feel slighted at all.. I've enjoyed over 3 years of gaming on a device I literally use every day, so I see zero need to complain.. As someone who was never a PC gamer, I didn't give a damn about an Xbox One game also appearing on PC because i'm a console gamer first and i'm not going to buy the same game twice.. Now as someone who would likely take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere for continuing my Xbox One games on my laptop, this is an amazing announcement.. There is no downside for me..

Even if I was like you and had a high-end gaming desktop PC, I would be cool with this move.. that just means that when the living room TV is occupied, I can continue my gaming from my office PC.. there is no downside for "buy once, play anywhere" as far as I'm concerned..

You really seem to like having your gaming segregated with exclusive content on a multitude of different devices and that's fine.. different strokes for different folks as they say.. for me, if I can buy a game once and play it across all my devices, that's music to my ears.. there's enough gaming to be had on any given major platform (Xbox console, PlayStation, PC, or Nintendo) to satisfy even the most hardcore gamer.. buying yet another separate device to play a handful of extra exclusives coupled with yet another subscription fee doesn't appeal to me.. If I bought a PS4 or a WiiU/NX for their exclusives they'll just be boxes collecting dust because I barely have time to play all the games I have at my disposal right now on Xbox..

I don't need another console sitting under my television.. I need a way for my gaming to follow me from screen to screen to screen so I can effectively play as many games as possible whether I'm in the living room, in my office, or on the go.. Xbox Play Anywhere solves that issue..

So you're not mad MS made you pay a lot extra for a peripheral they quickly dropped, MS continually dropped the price of the console, then dropped all exclusives and ultimately and drastically changed the concept of the device from a console and relegated it to a low-end PC. That's fine, to each their own indeed. I personally don't like to be treated like that after spending all that money. If MS had told me this would be the case from the beginning, I wouldn't be mad, I'd have known what I was getting into.

I only started gaming seriously on the PC this gen as well and I don't have a 'high-end' desktop. For now I'm using a 750Ti, but I'll get a 1060. PC gaming isn't about power. But then again the 750Ti doesn't struggle to meet the Xbox Ones standards and the 1060 will exceed the capability of 'Scorpio'.

If I wanted to play my PC stuff on a TV, I'd just use a Steam Link. I don't need or want a dedicated machine for that, it's a waste for me. I'd rather have a £40 Steam Link for that and a PS4 or Wii U instead of an Xbox One with the PC it makes more sense.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Legend002

@HalcyonScarlet: It's no use. MS completely brainwashed them into thinking the bone is still relevant... somehow.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HalcyonScarlet

@Legend002 said:

@HalcyonScarlet: It's no use. MS completely brainwashed them into thinking the bone is still relevant... somehow.

I know 'to each his own' and all that, but I can't imagine what else would have to happen.

So are you getting rid of your Xbox One?

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Legend002

@HalcyonScarlet: IDK for sure yet. BC is still there and I'm hoping for Catherine and Vesperia to be added. IF they don't do it soon then yes for sure. I would just keep the 360 but the interface is way too slow. Plus, my little brother is also one of these brainwashed lems so that's a major reason I'd keep it if I decide to keep it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@xhawk27 said:
@Heil68 said:
@casharmy said:

Half truth half lie.

Sony's jaw must be sore from being knocked the **** out from the Scorpio announcement last month at E3.

You think MS will become current gen 8 console leader with Scorpio?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

Sony are not so innocent.

They are not and no one is saying they are,but don't complain when your enemy use your own trick against you.

@casharmy said:

Half truth half lie.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/playstation-sales-down-151-as-sony-lowers-handheld-29350368/

Not only that you can see there how lemmings cared about sales,just 3 short and half years ago,before this gen begin,how sony was call for when they joined PS2 and PS3 sales...

When MS did the same with the xbox one and 360 sales it was ok..lol

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ms-join-xbox-one-xbox-360-sales-numbers-31452026/

Lemmings this gen are a joke...hahahahaa

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By tdkmillsy

@tormentos I posted a picture and a few words. How many threads/posts have you put complaining Your enemy (as you put it - so childish but I keep at your level)?

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

It is a business decision. Not many XboxOne owners to cover the cost of developing and marketing of Gears of War 4 etc.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos I posted a picture and a few words. How many threads/posts have you put complaining Your enemy (as you put it - so childish but I keep at your level)?

I am not talking about sony being your enemy in special,my argument is pretty clear,it was MS who started that whole crap.

Edit.

I don't know if they change it but this add if fresh from today and doesn't show only on PS.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Antwan3K  Online

@HalcyonScarlet: Me and my wife use Kinect daily for voice commands so I'm not mad about having the device.. I was hoping for more usage in core gaming and Microsoft definitely dropped the ball on that.. But buddies of mine have a Kinect-less XB1s and their consoles feel somewhat incomplete to me.. You tend to take the ability to say "Xbox, Pause" or "Xbox, turn off" for granted I guess once it's apart of you daily routine.. I couldn't imagine having to go back to turning on my controller to do those simple tasks.. Was it worth the extra $100?.. Well that's the $100 question.. For me, yes.. I bought the Kinect for 360 for similar functionality and was fine with it.. But for others, Microsoft dropped the ball and I can see why people may be pissed.. Kinect is definitely dead at this point beyond voice commands.. Maybe Cortana support and future VR with Scorpio may bring life back to it though.. But for now, it was a failure..

Again, spending 3 years with a device I use daily that now will allow me to "buy once, play anywhere" is awesome.. If you disagree, great.. But damn, that's weird in my opinion.. That's a great value from where I'm standing

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 tdkmillsy

@tormentos Of course they changed it. Keep up man.

Did you really post an image as if to say they didn't do that. Really come on man.

Microsoft and Sony don't fight in a playground. All big companies bend the truth, change direction and sometimes lie. Your really saying Microsoft did it first and then Sony decided cos they did it they will do it as well.

Give yourself a talking to, cos your talking shit.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#97 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Great response by MS. Got to applaud them. Never a better time to be a gamer and enjoying Xbox. Win win for gamers.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#98 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@tormentos said:
@panda30 said:

@unreal223 said:

@delta3074 said:

@delta3074 said:

Awe cute, Nathandrakeswag is back to his ways.....pulling no punches in his quest for troll of the year award. Make no mistake my friend, you have first place locked up. Love ya.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos Of course they changed it. Keep up man.

Did you really post an image as if to say they didn't do that. Really come on man.

Microsoft and Sony don't fight in a playground. All big companies bend the truth, change direction and sometimes lie. Your really saying Microsoft did it first and then Sony decided cos they did it they will do it as well.

Give yourself a talking to, cos your talking shit.

No i posted an image i saw on new demo by casuality which was posted here in another thread.

Also i don't know from where you pull that image,so i don't know if it was real or not.

All do it but MS was first and it didn't start this gen.

It was MS who introduce it first to describe real games only on xbox.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 HalcyonScarlet

@Antwan3K said:

@HalcyonScarlet: Me and my wife use Kinect daily for voice commands so I'm not mad about having the device.. I was hoping for more usage in core gaming and Microsoft definitely dropped the ball on that.. But buddies of mine have a Kinect-less XB1s and their consoles feel somewhat incomplete to me.. You tend to take the ability to say "Xbox, Pause" or "Xbox, turn off" for granted I guess once it's apart of you daily routine.. I couldn't imagine having to go back to turning on my controller to do those simple tasks.. Was it worth the extra $100?.. Well that's the $100 question.. For me, yes.. I bought the Kinect for 360 for similar functionality and was fine with it.. But for others, Microsoft dropped the ball and I can see why people may be pissed.. Kinect is definitely dead at this point beyond voice commands.. Maybe Cortana support and future VR with Scorpio may bring life back to it though.. But for now, it was a failure..

Again, spending 3 years with a device I use daily that now will allow me to "buy once, play anywhere" is awesome.. If you disagree, great.. But damn, that's weird in my opinion.. That's a great value from where I'm standing

Idk man, having a Kinect 2.0 just for voice commands, seems like having a GTX 1080 to play Street Fighter 2. It had so much more potential than that.