Movie Licensed Games That Are Legitimately Legit

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

@RTUUMM said:
@PikminWorld said:

Does the Arkham series count? I mean it feels like it's heavily influenced by Christopher Nolan's film trilogy especially with its serious tone.

no.... they heavily lean to the comics and nothing to the movies.

Well I just felt like the atmosphere/tone was similar to the movies. Everything else I would agree was comic-based.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

we got 2 already

1886 and TLOU

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Battle for Middle Earth 1 and 2 were excellent titles that brought some good ideas to RTS with great LOTR style. Not quite as quintessential as Blizzards' RTSs or maybe some of the C&C series, but still a really really fun set of games.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#54 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:
I'd like to add Wolverine to the list of Awesome Movie Tie-in games.

o Raven Software, what happened?

Call of Duty. :(

Looks like it. Although I've yet to play their X-Men titles, their run with Star Wars Dark Forces/Jedi Knight was terrific. Apparently, they had a James Bond game in the works before it was canned.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#55  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts
@XboxStache said:
@Jag85 said:
@XboxStache said:

GunGrave/Gungrave Overdose (ps2)

Actually, the anime is based on the game, not the other way around.

Oh. Interesting fact. I assumed it was based on an anime as Anime cutscenes are actually in both games. I stand corrected.

Well, GunGrave Overdose came after the GunGrave anime, but the first GunGrave game released before it. I think it may have been conceived as a multi-media franchise, with the game and anime developed concurrently, like with the .Hack franchise.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22686 Posts

The Warriors was a crazy fun coop beat em' up. Just as fun as the movie.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@TheEroica said:

The Warriors was a crazy fun coop beat em' up. Just as fun as the movie.

I remember hitting someone during the Riot level in the Warriors game, and I ran off...all of a sudden, about 15 seconds later, the guy rushes me from behind and tackles me while cursing me out Lmao. The Warriors had epic AI; and I agree...it was really fun! xD

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Hmmm....I'm experiencing Deja Vu right now, I seem to remember a similar thread recently ....oh well.

In recent memory I would say Alien Isolation. While the game is rough around some of its edges, it redeems itself completely with the outstanding ship design. The interior of the ship looks like it was ripped straight from the movie. Then you have great little details like how the Alien looks up close, and how the motion detector is identical to the movie.

If I go really far back in that grey matter of mine, I seem to remember the Robocop game being fun in the arcades, once upon a time. Batman Returns is also a great SNES game.....side scrolling beat em up with a cool OST. The Simpsons games were fun too, the arcade and the console one(I think it was on NES).

There are more I'm sure, but those popped in my head right now. I will say that the worst game I've ever played that was based on a movie is probably Total Recall on the NES......wow that was bad.