Microsoft:"Difference between X1 and PS4 Marginal"

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Only consolites would fall for this PR damage control. The ps4 does 1080p vs 720p and has a higher frame rate on multiplats. That my friends is a 50 percent gap in power for 100 bucks less. The numbers don't lie. There is a pretty huge gap in power. Hermits would never buy a weaker gpu that cost more but consolites will and that is just a shame.

I also find it funny that Sony has kicked ass on console when it comes to 1st party and exclusives. Now all of a sudden MS claims they have games. Uh yeah sure your right more damage control but consolites are going to fall for the BS. Sony always had the games and xbox had the power. Now Sony has the games and the power for 100 bucks less. Even a blind man can see the awesome value of the ps4.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

What I find truly funny about this is that the difference between XBox 1 and PS4 in terms of raw power is actually the difference (percentage-wise of maximum speeds) the difference between these two aircraft:

but overall the P51 mustang is a better aircraft (only after it had a british engine put in of course)

The Messerschmitt laid the framework for all of aviation after WWII, though. The only way any fighters were able to take down a Swallow was either at take off or landing. Most were bombed. Once a Swallow was in flight, nothing touched them. In fact, bomber pilots were absolutely terrified of them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

Hahahaha.....that's equivalent to asking a convict if he did it.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#106  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

:o M$ said this? it must be true then lol

another day at system bored forum....

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD:

1) so you agree it's opinion not fact. Good

2) false not all PC exclusives are that way due to console hardware limits. Plenty of little indie exclusives that would run on a ps lol. PC exclusives are that way because it's easier and cheaper to make as well as to control. In exchange for getting the ease, you lose a large install base. Also some games would be bad without a kb/m combo as well. It's the reason you don't see big budget exclusives on PC, they are they way because they are cheap to make. Outside a few exceptions like star citizen which was funded by kick starter of over 30 million dollars. How many big PC exclusives are in the goty running compared to console ones?

1. that is correct however you have to understand there are more gamer deciding NOT to play an exclusive then there are gamers who do. Which suggests my 'opinion' is the majority. Many people here like to state things as fact and then when someone disagrees with them they throw out the 'opinion' card. Consolers are very guilty of this.

2. you are wrong for reasons I have already stated.

1) I'm a "manticore" but prefer console gaming by far, I feel I'm pretty dam objective as well. People choosing NOT to buy a console for its exclusives do so usually for 1 of 2 reasons. reason 1, lack of money which i understand. Reason 2, pure hatred towards the system, which i can't understand. Also if there is anything I've learned in life in my 30+ years of being alive, is that the majority of people in this world are dumb.

2) I disagree

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 darkangel115

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD:

2) false not all PC exclusives are that way due to console hardware limits. Plenty of little indie exclusives that would run on a ps lol. PC exclusives are that way because it's easier and cheaper to make as well as to control. In exchange for getting the ease, you lose a large install base. Also some games would be bad without a kb/m combo as well. It's the reason you don't see big budget exclusives on PC, they are they way because they are cheap to make. Outside a few exceptions like star citizen which was funded by kick starter of over 30 million dollars. How many big PC exclusives are in the goty running compared to console ones?

1. that is correct however you have to understand there are more gamer deciding NOT to play an exclusive then there are gamers who do. Which suggests my 'opinion' is the majority. Many people here like to state things as fact and then when someone disagrees with them they throw out the 'opinion' card. Consolers are very guilty of this.

1) I'm a "manticore" but prefer console gaming by far, I feel I'm pretty dam objective as well. People choosing NOT to buy a console for its exclusives do so usually for 1 of 2 reasons. reason 1, lack of money which i understand. Reason 2, pure hatred towards the system, which i can't understand. Also if there is anything I've learned in life in my 30+ years of being alive, is that the majority of people in this world are dumb.

2) I disagree

1. lack of money? Ok maybe I wasnt clear. People are buying PC games more than consoles games. That is my baseline. They are choosing to play a PC game instead of a console game. I thought PC gaming was more expensive? Some people (like me) do hate consoles for reasons I can get into however most people who dont play consoles DONT CARE ABOUT THE GAMES!

I think your missing the point. If you choose to miss out on the top 20 games of the past 8 years for hatred of a machine, then you aren't a gamer, your an idiot

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Since current gen games depressingly struggle to look better than last gen games, I can't argue with that statement right now.

I don't think the PS4 will show a significant graphical difference this gen if any game footage i've seen on either console so far is anything to go by.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-marginal-difference-in-tech-specs-between-xbox-one-and-ps4-23547

The difference in technical specs between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One won't play any significant role in the forthcoming console war, according to Alan Bowman, Microsoft’s Australasian vice president of retail sales and marketing.

Speaking to

Gameplanet

in a recent interview, Bowman explained:

We’ve got a unique value proposition, and from just a pure specs perspective it’s always gonna be a fairly marginal difference. The purists are gonna argue the toss, but I think it comes down to the games.

You’re gonna see great exclusive games on Xbox One, and when you look at the cross-platform games, and there’s gonna be exclusive content on Xbox One. We’d like to be in more markets – this is a global business – but it’s also a long-term business, and we’ll progressively launch in more markets over the coming year.

Argue the toss....

Only americans will bite to that ... rest of the world is like = Gtfo M$

You seem to think the Xbox 360 sold 80 million in America for some reason.

If it wasnt for US X360 wouldnt even think to compete with the worst console Sony could ever release. Imagine that and you got your answer.

The Xbox 360 still would have sold more than twice the original without the U.S.a and th PS3 would also sell quite a bit less without the U.S.A. Again you seem to have no idea about the 360 sales distribution or the PS3's for that matter.

Anyway back on topic.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#114  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/microsoft-marginal-difference-in-tech-specs-between-xbox-one-and-ps4-23547

The difference in technical specs between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One won't play any significant role in the forthcoming console war, according to Alan Bowman, Microsoft’s Australasian vice president of retail sales and marketing.

Speaking to

Gameplanet

We’ve got a unique value proposition, and from just a pure specs perspective it’s always gonna be a fairly marginal difference. The purists are gonna argue the toss, but I think it comes down to the games.

You’re gonna see great exclusive games on Xbox One, and when you look at the cross-platform games, and there’s gonna be exclusive content on Xbox One. We’d like to be in more markets – this is a global business – but it’s also a long-term business, and we’ll progressively launch in more markets over the coming year.

Argue the toss....

If it wasnt for US X360 wouldnt even think to compete with the worst console Sony could ever release. Imagine that and you got your answer.

The Xbox 360 still would have sold more than twice the original without the U.S.a and th PS3 would also sell quite a bit less without the U.S.A. Again you seem to have no idea about the 360 sales distribution or the PS3's for that matter.

Anyway back on topic.

lol ... You bypassing my point ... Let me make it way more easy for you since you seem you are in denial.

X360 wouldnt have been on par with PS3 if

1) PS3 release price was on par with X360s

2) PS3s architecture was as good as X360s

3) PS3 had some big blockbuster games the first 3 years as well which it didnt

4) PS3 wouldnt lose massive exclusives to X360 ( because of low sales and that alone )

5) PS3 had +1 more year in the market like X360 had

And which country had the most sales ?! You guessed right. So if it wasnt for USA ... X360 would had lost vs the WORST possible console Sony could ever release with so many problems and a whole year less in the market. What is so difficult to understand ... PS3 did really bad and NOT X360 really good. X360 sales werent even good, they were just decent. Like PS3s. Nothing good considering 8 years cycle.. Just decent. X360 has US , Sony has Japan... and you cant deny that !! Its a damn fact how can you deny that and accuse me that i have no idea ?!! Wth!

X360 gained tremendous momentum because PS3 lost all of its momentum and didnt deliver what it was hyping for but still couldnt win in the end... And there you are you talking about 360 sales distribution yet USA is by far first... what a dude! I dont get where you disagree !

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By darkangel115

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD:

2) I disagree

1. lack of money? Ok maybe I wasnt clear. People are buying PC games more than consoles games. That is my baseline. They are choosing to play a PC game instead of a console game. I thought PC gaming was more expensive? Some people (like me) do hate consoles for reasons I can get into however most people who dont play consoles DONT CARE ABOUT THE GAMES!

I think your missing the point. If you choose to miss out on the top 20 games of the past 8 years for hatred of a machine, then you aren't a gamer, your an idiot

so now you are stating your opinion as a fact.

can many PC gamers not be interested in a game or are only you allowed to not be interested?

FACT 1: according the consolers PC games cost more

FACT 2: more people choose to play pc games than they do console games

be wary of what you call fact and what you demand others call opnion

Again your missing the point. i'm not saying PC gamers are idiots. I'm saying specifically if a cow really wants to play halo but refiuses to becuase he doens't want to support MS he is an idiot, if a lemming really wan't to play TLOU but refuses to becuase he hates sony, he is an idiot. same works for hermits. Now if you have no interest in the games and thats why you don't want a console, thats fine, my point was if you are interested in teh games but refuse to play them due to the hardware its on, your an idiot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

The difference is relatively minor when my Radeon HD R9-290 has about 4.84 TFLOPS which is currently driving 3X 1920x1080 screens.

Both consoles are in low and high 1.x TFLOPS range, but not in 4.x TFLOPS range.

The perspective would different when flagship** class gaming PCs are factored in.

**Gaming PC that sports aleast one flagship GPU ASICs i.e.

1. entry level flagship ASIC GPU for NVIDIA would be Geforce GTX 780 (entry level GK110 Kelper).

2. entry level flagship ASIC GPU for AMD would be Radeon HD R9-290 (entry level Hawaii GCN) .

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

Topic is about consoles bring PC into the argument.

So the topic is about the xbox one and Ps4 and you have to bring your sorry ass PC because you know the xbox one can't win,did you see MS official talking about PC or a R9 290 ....lol

1080p vs 720p if this scenario was on PC the machine doing 1080p would be declare winner of the graphics crown and you know it...hahahaha

@ronvalencia said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Microsoft is only doing more harm by announcing things like this, it's only really mindless cows who believe there is some crazy gap between the consoles anyway. But when they say things like this, in this way, it makes it seem like they are doing damage control and it just fuels the fire.

MS needs to just put out amazing exclusives and let that do the talking. Once people see that multi-plats are identical and xbox is killing it with exclusives no ones going to give a dam about a power difference.

One tremendous flaw in this whole self assurance post you made here is that, The multi-plats AREN'T identical. All the mutiplats have been inferior on xbox1 that isn't propaganda that is fact. You need to deal with that before trying to defend xbox1 on the power difference between the PS4.

On the point about "ALL" i.e. both Need for Speed Rivals and Tomb Raider DE renders at 1080p for both X1 and PS4. With that being said, PS4 is slightly better than X1 version.

Great 2 non demanding games..,

Now why FPS don't run on xbox one abode 720p.?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Shewgenja

@tormentos said:

Because DDR3 is utter piss when your eDram doesn't have a substantial pool of memory to accommodate differed rendering. Same reason why Titanfall is also struggling.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

Anyway back on topic.

lol ... You bypassing my point ... Let me make it way more easy for you since you seem you are in denial.

4) PS3 wouldnt lose massive exclusives to X360 ( because of low sales and that alone )

And which country had the most sales ?! You guessed right. So if it wasnt for USA ... X360 would had lost vs the WORST possible console Sony could ever release with so many problems and a whole year less in the market. What is so difficult to understand ... PS3 did really bad and NOT X360 really good. X360 sales werent even good, they were just decent. Like PS3s. Nothing good considering 8 years cycle.. Just decent. X360 has US , Sony has Japan... and you cant deny that !! Its a damn fact how can you deny that and accuse me that i have no idea ?!! Wth!

X360 gained tremendous momentum because PS3 lost all of its momentum and didnt deliver what it was hyping for but still couldnt win in the end... And there you are you talking about 360 sales distribution yet USA is by far first... what a dude! I dont get where you disagree !

How was anything I wrote in denial? You literally believe the 360 sold almost all its consoles in NA and the PS3 sold next to known. You basically said this multiple times.

Not to mention you are now in DC mode for no reason when that is not even what the convo was about. What about the Wii and the fact the PS3 it's first year practically doubled the 360's first year making the year head start almost non existent?

I mean again, you have no idea about the distribution of either consoles. Both consoles would get a huge hit without the U.S.A, in fact the gap would be around maybe 10 million or so.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By darkangel115

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD:

2) I disagree

can many PC gamers not be interested in a game or are only you allowed to not be interested?

Again your missing the point. i'm not saying PC gamers are idiots. I'm saying specifically if a cow really wants to play halo but refiuses to becuase he doens't want to support MS he is an idiot, if a lemming really wan't to play TLOU but refuses to becuase he hates sony, he is an idiot. same works for hermits. Now if you have no interest in the games and thats why you don't want a console, thats fine, my point was if you are interested in teh games but refuse to play them due to the hardware its on, your an idiot.

what you are not understanding is that the cow doesnt want to play Halo.

Its really not that complicated bro. Most people DO NOT CARE TO PLAY THOSE GAMES.

If cows had no interest in halo, then they wouldn't be so hyped for destiny. A lot of people do care to play them but will choose to miss out due to lack of money or pure hatred of the MS brand.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

If cows had no interest in halo, then they wouldn't be so hyped for destiny. A lot of people do care to play them but will choose to miss out due to lack of money or pure hatred of the MS brand.

Destiny is nothing like Halo dude...hahahaha

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 darkangel115

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@darkangel115 said:

@SEANMCAD:

2) I disagree

what you are not understanding is that the cow doesnt want to play Halo.

Its really not that complicated bro. Most people DO NOT CARE TO PLAY THOSE GAMES.

what is destiny?

people are not playing PC games because they lack the money to buy a console unless you want to suggest that console gaming is more expensive then PC gaming. Is that the case?

wow man, you really aren't reading what i say. I said those are the 2 options. No I'm not saying PC players can't afford a console, what i'm saying is that some can't afford both a gaming PC and a console. Also saying some can't afford 2 consoles or 2 consoles and a PC. what I'm saying is I find it hard to believe that most PC players have no interest in games like GTA V, Destiny, Halo, TLOU, God of War, Uncharted, Gears of war, etc. games that are not on PC

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

The difference is relatively minor when my Radeon HD R9-290 has about 4.84 TFLOPS which is currently driving 3X 1920x1080 screens.

Both consoles are in low and high 1.x TFLOPS range, but not in 4.x TFLOPS range.

The perspective would different when flagship** class gaming PCs are factored in.

**Gaming PC that sports aleast one flagship GPU ASICs i.e.

1. entry level flagship ASIC GPU for NVIDIA would be Geforce GTX 780 (entry level GK110 Kelper).

2. entry level flagship ASIC GPU for AMD would be Radeon HD R9-290 (entry level Hawaii GCN) .

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

Topic is about consoles bring PC into the argument.

So the topic is about the xbox one and Ps4 and you have to bring your sorry ass PC because you know the xbox one can't win,did you see MS official talking about PC or a R9 290 ....lol

1080p vs 720p if this scenario was on PC the machine doing 1080p would be declare winner of the graphics crown and you know it...hahahaha

@ronvalencia said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Crypt_mx said:

Microsoft is only doing more harm by announcing things like this, it's only really mindless cows who believe there is some crazy gap between the consoles anyway. But when they say things like this, in this way, it makes it seem like they are doing damage control and it just fuels the fire.

MS needs to just put out amazing exclusives and let that do the talking. Once people see that multi-plats are identical and xbox is killing it with exclusives no ones going to give a dam about a power difference.

One tremendous flaw in this whole self assurance post you made here is that, The multi-plats AREN'T identical. All the mutiplats have been inferior on xbox1 that isn't propaganda that is fact. You need to deal with that before trying to defend xbox1 on the power difference between the PS4.

On the point about "ALL" i.e. both Need for Speed Rivals and Tomb Raider DE renders at 1080p for both X1 and PS4. With that being said, PS4 is slightly better than X1 version.

Great 2 non demanding games..,

This forum is not restricted to just console wars.

Keep in mind that

1. Microsoft's POV on exclusivity includes both Windows PC (think of 3DO game console for PC gaming)

and the Xbox platform e.g. Microsoft's POV on Titan Fall.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-titanfall-will-remain-exclusive-to-xbox-pc/1100-6415844/

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/ea-explains-titanfalls-exclusivity-on-xbox-and-pc

Microsoft's POV on exclusivity is similar to Apple's MacOS X (PC) and iOS (iPod/iPhone/iPad) combo.

2. GS forum's platform exclusivity definition is different from platfrom holder's POV.

3. DirectX gaming platforms covers both Windows gaming PC and Xbox. http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/appbuilder/archive/2013/10/14/raising-the-bar-with-direct3d.aspx

4. Real life gaming PCs are not restricted to 720p (worst case example with COD Ghost) vs 1080p. One of my main reasons for R9-290 is for single GPU's bang-per-buck 5760x1080p capability and hardware features support (I got mine before alt-coin mining rush) . For mostly 1080p, PS4 is pretty good at "bang-per-buck" factor i.e. I'm well aware of PS4's characteristics.

5. At this time, PC gamers mostly play games with Micorsoft's OS tax. Unlike the consoles, PC doesn't have heavy DCMA that blocks alternative OS software runtimes. Jailbreaking a PlayStation type device can be legally risky i.e. Sony uses DCMA to put people into the legal system..

As PC's benchmarks shows, games like BF4 are mostly CU bound i.e. that's either TMU or ALU or both. Think on why the majority of the current GPU designs are allocated towards the CUs.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@AzatiS said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Speaking to

Gameplanet

Argue the toss....

Anyway back on topic.

How was anything I wrote in denial? You literally believe the 360 sold almost all its consoles in NA and the PS3 sold next to known. You basically said this multiple times.

Not to mention you are now in DC mode for no reason when that is not even what the convo was about. What about the Wii and the fact the PS3 it's first year practically doubled the 360's first year making the year head start almost non existent?

I mean again, you have no idea about the distribution of either consoles. Both consoles would get a huge hit without the U.S.A, in fact the gap would be around maybe 10 million or so.

I beleive facts. Xbox sold up to 50% of total consoles in USA alone SO Xbox 360. 50% of worldwide sales only in USA.. Who drives sales worldwide for M$ ?!! Arent americans ?! What other console selling 50% of its total sales in a single country ? I dont know what kind of marketing you have in USA about Xbox one and you want it that bad but rest of the world doesnt care that much.

So stop trolling me about i having no idea about distribution or sales because NOTHING have changed since first Xbox. 50% each gen and if we take into considerations sales of X1 for the first few months.. Its the SAME again!! More than 50% of worldwide sales coming from.. USA!! How anything changed ?!

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#126 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@lostrib said:

seems legit

Pretty much....... If I was vice president of retail sales and marketing at MS I would be trying to spin that BS as much as I could as well.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Keep in mind that

1. Microsoft's POV on exclusivity includes both Windows PC (think of 3DO game console for PC gaming)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-titanfall-will-remain-exclusive-to-xbox-pc/1100-6415844/

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/ea-explains-titanfalls-exclusivity-on-xbox-and-pc

Microsoft's POV on exclusivity is similar to Apple's MacOS X (PC) and iOS (iPod/iPhone/iPad) combo.

2. GS forum's platform exclusivity definition is different from platfrom holder's POV.

3. DirectX gaming platforms covers both Windows gaming PC and Xbox. http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/appbuilder/archive/2013/10/14/raising-the-bar-with-direct3d.aspx

4. Real life gaming PCs are not restricted to 720p (worst case example with COD Ghost) vs 1080p. One of my main reasons for R9-290 is for single GPU's bang-per-buck 5760x1080p capability and hardware features support (I got mine before alt-coin mining rush) . For mostly 1080p, PS4 is pretty good at "bang-per-buck" factor i.e. I'm well aware of PS4's characteristics.

5. At this time, PC gamers mostly play games with Micorsoft's OS tax. Unlike the consoles, PC doesn't have heavy DCMA that blocks alternative OS software runtimes. Jailbreaking a PlayStation type device can be legally risky i.e. Sony uses DCMA to put people into the legal system..

As PC's benchmarks shows, games like BF4 are mostly CU bound i.e. that's either TMU or ALU or both. Think on why the majority of the current GPU designs are allocated towards the CUs.

Well we can always count on you to bring some irrelevant sh** that no one is talking about.

All that crap about POV and Titanfall means sh** fact is i don't need and xbox one to play that game,and if that was really MS point of view why all Gears of war and all Halo games aren't on PC.?

Yeah MS want a selling point over PC.

Ghost was a fu**ing example which you refuse to admit,i fu**ing PC are not restricted to 720p idiot,fact it if Nvidia was restricted to 720p while AMD was pulling 1080p there would not be 1 fu**ing site claiming Nvidia was the graphics king,and i know you get the example you are just to hard headed to admit it,you can't admit that the scenario now happening on xbox one vs PS4 if it was on PC the one 1080p would be crown winner and graphics king.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

the difference between the x1 and the ps4 is like the xbox vs ps2 its significant especially when they launched at the same time and the x1 cost a hundred dollars more

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The POS4 is not that great. It's a mid end PC at best.

The Xbox One has new revolutionary features that belong in a next gen console!

Avatar image for full_disclosure
full_disclosure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By full_disclosure
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

This is true. Everyone but screaming fanboys know this. The funny thing is the gen where there was a big difference was the ps2 original Xbox gen. That didn't matter much in the end anyway did it! The specs of the console don't matter much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@full_disclosure said:

This is true. Everyone but screaming fanboys know this. The funny thing is the gen where there was a big difference was the ps2 original Xbox gen. That didn't matter much in the end anyway did it! The specs of the console don't matter much.

To sales no but to the experience it certainly can, why do you think people buy gaming PCs?

I wouldn't describe this as marginal when the gap is certainly larger than last gen and even my casual gaming mates knew the 360 had better looking multiplats. People sure know the difference when CoD is 720p vs 1080p, it was more than the fanboys kicking up a stink with that debacle. The comparisons to the PS2 and Xbox seem fair, that too wasn't a marginal gap.

Avatar image for full_disclosure
full_disclosure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 full_disclosure
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

@hoosier7: you make good points other than comparing this gens gap to the ps2 Xbox gen. I didn't do that but nice try putting that on me. I see 0 difference in size or look of games on this gen. Or at least nothing you can spot without side by side magnify glass comparison. In the old gen it was clearly obvious from the start. Nice stretchy though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@full_disclosure said:

@hoosier7: you make good points other than comparing this gens gap to the ps2 Xbox gen. I didn't do that but nice try putting that on me. I see 0 difference in size or look of games on this gen. Or at least nothing you can spot without side by side magnify glass comparison. In the old gen it was clearly obvious from the start. Nice stretchy though.

The difference between 720p and 1080p plus a ten FPS advantage is not a "stretch" by me. If you can't see the difference then good for you but in the real world it's fairly obvious, or should we all just stick to 720p TVs?

The framerate difference is obvious in BF4 (i've played both copies), the X1 version only hits 40-50 in the large conquest maps.

At the very least you should be able to see the difference in jaggies the resolution bump gives. If you can't notice that then i'd be concerned about your eyesight.

Anyway it's useless me saying it so it's a good job all the publications back it too, digital foundry recommend the PS4 "clear-as-day" over the X1 version and when you factor in the price difference, it's even harder to defend the X1. There is a greater resolution difference and framerate difference this gen than last.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#134  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Keep in mind that

Well we can always count on you to bring some irrelevant sh** that no one is talking about.

All that crap about POV and Titanfall means sh** fact is i don't need and xbox one to play that game,and if that was really MS point of view why all Gears of war and all Halo games aren't on PC.?

Ghost was a fu**ing example which you refuse to admit,i fu**ing PC are not restricted to 720p idiot,fact it if Nvidia was restricted to 720p while AMD was pulling 1080p there would not be 1 fu**ing site claiming Nvidia was the graphics king,and i know you get the example you are just to hard headed to admit it,you can't admit that the scenario now happening on xbox one vs PS4 if it was on PC the one 1080p would be crown winner and graphics king.

You do that a lot ronvalencia. You ALWAYS bring up PC hardware to defend Xbox one. Half of the time, all those figures and charts make no sense to us at all. Sort of the same tactic "MisterxMedia" does. He throws relatively meaningless/bogus figures and charts around to connect an obscure theory. I guess you're trying to relate Xbone hardware to it's PC equivalent (maybe); but it really is a piss poor argument on your part by doing that. We never know what the hell you're talking about.

Not trying to defend Tormentos, but he does have a point. Just sayin..

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#135  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@lostrib said:

seems legit

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

If a 30%-40% difference is marginal in his book then his definition of marginal is much different than mine. To me that's a pretty substantial difference for 2 machines that launched only a week apart, made even worse by the fact that the weaker one is $100 more expensive than the stronger one. I've been a Xbox fanboy since 2001 and they've lost me. I sure as hell did not walk away because of something marginal. If they can lose me they can lose anybody.

I still wish that when they learned of PS4's specs they had decided to delay Xbox One to redesign it (Take Kinect out of the box, change memory to GDDR5, double the power of the GPU). It would have sucked waiting an extra 6 months to a year to get it but if that's what it would have taken to get a true next-gen Xbox I would have been willing to wait. Sure, a delay like that would have put MS in an uphill struggle to catch up but with the box they've got now they have no friggin chance.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#137  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

The graphical differences are noteworthy... Killzone looks better than Dead Rising for sure, but maybe not Forza. But then again, I enjoyed Dead Rising more than Killzone, so I kind of see what Microsoft is getting at when they talk about the games. They weren't the most powerful last gen either, and they did fine. Then again, I don't think they are going to sell more multiplatform titles on their box this time. If a consumer can choose between 2 consoles, of course they are going to buy the version of a game that looks better.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#138 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I wouldn't say 'marginal', but the differences are certainly not as big as some people here think. Most games will look the same, and run slightly better on PS4.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

The word "marginal" is subjective.

However we all know objectively that the GPU of PS4 is 50% more powerful.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@lostrib said:

@lglz1337 said:

@lostrib: bla bla bla

I see I have rendered you speechless. I'll take that as a win

you shouldn't be wasting time with butthurt bandodgers brah.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ronvalencia

@remiks00 said:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Keep in mind that

You do that a lot ronvalencia. You ALWAYS bring up PC hardware to defend Xbox one. Half of the time, all those figures and charts make no sense to us at all. Sort of the same tactic "MisterxMedia" does. He throws relatively meaningless/bogus figures and charts around to connect an obscure theory. I guess you're trying to relate Xbone hardware to it's PC equivalent (maybe); but it really is a piss poor argument on your part by doing that. We never know what the hell you're talking about.

Not trying to defend Tormentos, but he does have a point. Just sayin..

Sorry, MS's pov still has gaming PCs and this forum is NOT limited to console wars.

The FLOPs difference between X1 and PS4 is a f**king joke.

What's wrong with my reference charts? Which charts do you have problems with? You not being specific?

Do you support tormento's f**king math issues when He added memory bandwidth for PS4?

Do you support tormento's ROP's fill rate not being a function of ROPS and memory write bandwidth?

Mistererxmedia's second dGPU claim via secondary layer was a stupid i.e. AMD/TSMC has been using multi copper layers since AMD's deal with Motorola.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ronvalencia

@tormentos:

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

Keep in mind that

The crap is your post that does reflect market situation.

To play Titan Fall, most PC gamers has pay for Microsoft's OS tax, period. Your statements indicates you haven't experience PC OS platform wars. For most users who has ChromeOS/MacOS/'etc' has to pay MS OS tax for Titanfall.

Your nvidia being in 720p while AMD being in 1080p artificial situation doesn't exist in the real market conditions.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Sorry, MS's pov still has gaming PCs and this forum is NOT limited to console wars.

The FLOPs difference between X1 and PS4 is a f**king joke.

What's wrong with my reference charts? Which charts do you have problems with? You not being specific?

Do you support tormento's f**king math issues when He added memory bandwidth for PS4?

Do you support tormento's ROP's fill rate not being a function of ROPS and memory write bandwidth?

Mistererxmedia's second dGPU claim via secondary layer was a stupid i.e. AMD/TSMC has been using multi copper layers since AMD's deal with Motorola.

MS point of view is a damn excuse use by you,if trues all xbox exclusives games would be on PC same day as on xbox,which isn't the case because MS want an advantage over PC on the xbox brand,second Titanfall is not owned or even published by MS which make your argument completely null because is EA who decide where the game will be alone with respawn.

The difference between the xbox one and PS4 is enough to produce a 720 vs 1080p gap in some games,so don't tell us is a fu**ing joke you blind biased MS suck up,if Nvidia was losing to AMD in games by double resolution not a single tech site would claim Nvidia is the king not 1 and is what you want to ignore funny enough hypocrite on PC the graphics king is crown by who play games faster,when there isn't even a resolution different,no matter what if Ghost was 1080p on xbox one it would have look like crap or run like sh**,because the xbox one doesn't have enough juice.

Oh please hold tied to that memory crap,did you forget you claimed the ESRAM had 47MB when only 32 is usable.? How about how you blinding invented that the xbox one GPU was pitcairn when even MS admit it was Bonaire,all your pro xbox theories.

Jit compression.

133GB/s Alpha blending.

204GB/s

PRT working better on xbox one and not working well on PS4.

Hell not long even trying to downplay a test done by a company with a game engine that showed the PS4 was faster,trying to claim it was for just 1 core,as if there really was a difference 1 core 5 cores the PS4 CPU would still be faster,so latency wasn't an issue after all for the PS4 CPU and even with the speed bump the xbox one is under performing vs the PS4.

The time for useless charts is over results are in 720p vs 1080p...lol

Oh and you hide on PC to defend the crappy xbox one,because all your theories failed..lol

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

So the whole 720p vs 1080p thing is a minor thing got it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By tormentos
@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

The crap is your post that does reflect market situation.

To play Titan Fall, most PC gamers has pay for Microsoft's OS tax, period. Your statements indicates you haven't experience PC OS platform wars. For most users who has ChromeOS/MacOS/'etc' has to pay MS OS tax for Titanfall.

Your nvidia being in 720p while AMD being in 1080p artificial situation doesn't exist in the real market conditions.

Titanfal is not a MS game moron is a Respawn game and publish by EA,the game is not on xbox one alone like Ryse or Dead Rising because EA will not allow for that because the earnings would be catastrophic,the xbox one barely launch and would not have big enough user base to sell.

EA want this game to be the next COD,so yeah the fail safe was the 360 and PC so they could get proper sales.

Why Ryse isn't on PC.? Why Dead Rising 3 isn't on PC Why Forza 5 isn't on PC.? But but MS point of view...

Those games are not on PC for a damn reason,if they were on PC for what the fu** any one would need and x box one at all,expensive and weak,yeah bag your selling point of view crap,MS release Halo Spartan on PC,but is Halo 4 on PC.?

Yeah only crappy games or old ones like it happen with some Halo's and the first years when it was old.

Yeah i know it doesn't exist in real life you moron is call an example one you which to avoid at all cost,and which you pretend doesn't exist.

But guess what it does exist on the console market,so yeah the PS4 is the console graphics King,the xbox one can't barely do 900p on demanding games let alone 1080p.

And when we compare BF4 is has higher pixel count on PS4 while delivering a 10 FPS advantage across the board vs the xbox one version,so yeah the PS4 is superior like we have been saying for endless month and all your theories serve for nothing.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#146  Edited By killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

He seems like a trustworthy guy

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 tormentos

@no-scope-AK47 said:

So the whole 720p vs 1080p thing is a minor thing got it.

For Ronvalencia and MS yeah...lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Shewgenja

STILL get a kick out of watching some of the posters here who used to rave over resolution and framerate differences in games when it served to the 360s advantage try to play this fucking game where the difference between XBone and PS4 isn't noticable.

Fucking A no wonder there are so fewer lems on this board these days. 2013 was like ex-lax for them. *insert flushing toilet noise here*

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

Hubble telescope zoomed in on the GPU of xbox one and didn't find any signs of hidden power, therefore this article has no value.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

I agree. The third party publishers want to keep both MS and Sony happy so they will make the games run the same on both platforms. The first party games will show the difference though.

we are already seeing 1080p vs 720p mostly solid 60 fps vs barely holding 60fps (if tis is called keeping them happy it is scary to see what would happen if devs showed us the true difference)