Microsoft, change your strategy, or drop out (long read)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#102 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Heil68 said:

All we know for FACTS, is MS got humiliated at their Xbone reveal, got knocked the **** out at E3, then promptly dropped Kinect(lol) and shit canned their WHOLE vison of the Xbone to TRY and keep pace with current gen 8 leader SONY and the PS4.

You left out whiffing at Gamescom with their biggest bombshell being a timed exclusive. It's not even reasonable to suggest that MS will be dropping bombs at TGS. So, Sony is about to drop another load all over the XBox in a few weeks.

MS is doing very badly.

MS is doing just fine. They dropped a bomb at Gamescom that still have you and your cow friends having meltdowns. Microsoft didn't drop Kinect. I can still buy an XB1 with Kinect inside. How is that dropping it? lol!! They released a SKU without Kinect as gamers requested this. Now trolls complain about it like idiots. Cow are the most hypocritical clowns on this site. All they do all day on SW is troll XB1 article and damage control every Sony PS4 article that's negative. Sony didn't do much at Gamescom, which is why they were losing in the "Who won Gamescom poll."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/so-who-won-gamescom-31493093/#256

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Microsoft is like a crack dealer selling rocks to the kids and why you try to tell them that they are doing harm to the community they're just like "I'm gettin' that money though".

You get the same vibe from these MS apologists every time Microsoft does something harmful to the industry they're like "Lol Microsoft gettin that money tho!" It's like they want to be on the winning team except they're not. Microsoft is the dealer, and they're the suckers buying the crack. Typical ghetto mentality. Microsoft does this because their target demographic is really low brow.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100: No rational gamer thinks that. Stop putting the sane people here with the likes of you fanboys.

Lol didn't expect any better from a lemming like you.

But pls keep you head in the sand, the facts are clear as day. MS has brought more sh*t to the gaming industry than good. I know lemmings like you don't like to hear that though.

See, this is why you're a joke. You expect people to believe you when you say you're rational, but anytime someone (with more PS systems than you, btw) calls you out on how stupid you are, it's "yur a lemming!!1!"

Microsoft is the only reason Sony's online is as good and competitive as it is. Get your dick out of your PS4. It ain't healthy.

Also one more time LOOOOOOL at you saying you're rational. Please. Get out.

Don't matter how many PS systems. BTW how do you know you have more PS system than he does? The way you defend XBox make it clearly that you flavor the system over the PS brand, so it don't really matter how many PS systems you have. You are clearly a Lem in your heart . Just like I have 2 the first Xbox and a 360 but I like PS brand way better so yeah you can call me a Cow even though I have 3 Xboxes all together!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By blackace

@Desmonic said:

@blackace said:

@j_assassin said:

Halo cannot hold the xbox brand any longer, so i say time to change strategy m$, but this time have both the gamers and your company gets the benefit, would it really hurt them if they do what sony and ninty does, like having more exclusives with variety...

They already have exclusives with variety. The XB1 launched with exclusive games in more genre then the PS4. Seriously, research before you make dumb comments.

• Fighter Within
  • Forza 5
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Killer Instinct
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Power Star Golf

Compared to the PS4.

• Knack
  • Contrast
  • Resogun
  • Killzone Shadow Fall

lol at including Zoo Tycoon, DR3 and Ryse (exclusive means one platform brah) on the XB1 and Contrast (again, not exclusive) on the PS4 while ignoring Infamous (also on the PS4).

Seriously, research before you make dumb lists.

I said LAUNCH TITLES you moron. All those games were in fact EXCLUSIVE at launch. Ryse & DR3 for the PC aren't out yet, are they? So they are still exclusive right now. Imfamous SS wasn't a launch title. Seriously, learn how to fu%&#@ read before you make an idiotic reply.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#106 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
@blackace said:

@j_assassin said:

Halo cannot hold the xbox brand any longer, so i say time to change strategy m$, but this time have both the gamers and your company gets the benefit, would it really hurt them if they do what sony and ninty does, like having more exclusives with variety...

They already have exclusives with variety. The XB1 launched with exclusive games in more genre then the PS4. Seriously, research before you make dumb comments.

• Fighter Within
  • Forza 5
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Killer Instinct
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Power Star Golf

Compared to the PS4.

• Knack
  • Contrast
  • Resogun
  • Killzone Shadow Fall

Yeah, I bought an Xbox One first because it just plain had more games I wanted to play. Had more features I wanted to use as well. All I see them doing is trying to improve the system and add value to it. Speaking of which, they are kicking Sony's ass in terms of releasing updates. The Xbox One is turning into a great system both exclusive and feature-wise. Plus it enjoys all of the third party support as well. This topic is ridiculous.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Here at Micro$oft, we don't try to do anything ourselves, we just buy things. We're lazy and rich.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 blackace

@ironcreed: Yes, I love my XB1, and I enjoy the PS4 as well. Just need more games. They are coming in the next couple months. I agree this thread is a mess. charizard1605 usually doesn't troll, but their thread is definitely Troll Bait. A lot of butthurt trolls having meltdowns on here.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#109 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100: No rational gamer thinks that. Stop putting the sane people here with the likes of you fanboys.

But pls keep you head in the sand, the facts are clear as day. MS has brought more sh*t to the gaming industry than good. I know lemmings like you don't like to hear that though.

See, this is why you're a joke. You expect people to believe you when you say you're rational, but anytime someone (with more PS systems than you, btw) calls you out on how stupid you are, it's "yur a lemming!!1!"

Microsoft is the only reason Sony's online is as good and competitive as it is. Get your dick out of your PS4. It ain't healthy.

Don't matter how many PS systems. BTW how do you know you have more PS system than he does? The way you defend XBox make it clearly that you flavor the system over the PS brand, so it don't really matter how many PS systems you have. You are clearly a Lem in your heart . Just like I have 2 the first Xbox and a 360 but I like PS brand way better so yeah you can call me a Cow even though I have 3 Xboxes all together!

Um, no. I defend good games (also prove I defended Xbox). I'm not saying Microsoft's doing great, but they brought a shitload of improvements to the console space that any PS gamer, including myself, should be thankful of.

How do I know I have more? Easy. PS1, 2, 3, 4, two PSP 1000s, a PSPgo, and a Vita. Love them all. Even picked up Gold Wireless Headsets recently. You?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ni6htmare01

@Blabadon said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

@Blabadon said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Blabadon said:

Um, no. I defend good games (also prove I defended Xbox). I'm not saying Microsoft's doing great, but they brought a shitload of improvements to the console space that any PS gamer, including myself, should be thankful of.

How do I know I have more? Easy. PS1, 2, 3, 4, two PSP 1000s, a PSPgo, and a Vita. Love them all. Even picked up Gold Wireless Headsets recently. You?

lol I have 2 PS1, 2 PS2, 2 PS3, 1PS4 and a 60 inches Sony 3D TV !(for living room and bed room) 1PSP 1000, 1 PSP 3000 and a vita. Yeah! Can't say you have more PS Systems than I do lol

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

If they are making money, then who should give a ****?

People who care about games instead of revenue, money, or stock valuations.

And shut down...

Great thread, you pretty much detailed my exact feelings given MS's performance, especially concerning their business strategy of throwing money at 3rd parties to supplement their dwindling 1st party offerings, which even a blind man can tell happens because you can hear the shekles being tossed at developers a mile away.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@ni6htmare01: Congrats. I'm not going to be irrational and call you a lemming while saying I'm rational and posting fanboy drivel every post.

Keep slipping down the slippery slope.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lemmings talking some sense lovely just before weekend and 2nd post is just icing on the cake.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ni6htmare01

@Desmonic said:

@ni6htmare01 said:

lol I have 2 PS1, 2 PS2, 2 PS3, 1PS4 and a 60 inches Sony 3D TV !(for living room and bed room) 1PSP 1000, 1 PSP 3000 and a vita. Yeah! Can't say you have more PS Systems than I do lol

I'd say that's a problem more than anything........

lol I tend to get 2 systems for living room and bed room when the system get cheaper, I also have 2 first Xbox as well. This time around I will get a Vita TV for bed room since I can remote play. BTW I only have 1 60 inches 3D TV in the living room.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

I still don't get how MS is hurting the gaming community can someone please explain it to me . I'm seeing analogies about crack being sold to kids I just don't see it though

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

I think Xbox has shown a willingness to invest in new IPs. Whether or not they are first party doesn't really matter to the average gamer. Also, many of Sony's first party titles aren't really big sellers. Whereas with Xbox you can pretty much call Halo and Gears blockbusters. Xbox also did bring Live to gaming which pretty much solidifies it as a legit gaming console. It's also brought back some classic franchises like Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon, Killer Instinct, which is pretty cool.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@blackace said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Heil68 said:

All we know for FACTS, is MS got humiliated at their Xbone reveal, got knocked the **** out at E3, then promptly dropped Kinect(lol) and shit canned their WHOLE vison of the Xbone to TRY and keep pace with current gen 8 leader SONY and the PS4.

You left out whiffing at Gamescom with their biggest bombshell being a timed exclusive. It's not even reasonable to suggest that MS will be dropping bombs at TGS. So, Sony is about to drop another load all over the XBox in a few weeks.

MS is doing very badly.

MS is doing just fine. They dropped a bomb at Gamescom that still have you and your cow friends having meltdowns. Microsoft didn't drop Kinect. I can still buy an XB1 with Kinect inside. How is that dropping it? lol!! They released a SKU without Kinect as gamers requested this. Now trolls complain about it like idiots. Cow are the most hypocritical clowns on this site. All they do all day on SW is troll XB1 article and damage control every Sony PS4 article that's negative. Sony didn't do much at Gamescom, which is why they were losing in the "Who won Gamescom poll."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/so-who-won-gamescom-31493093/#256

Sure, after dropping the joke of the industry Kinect(lol) to try and keep pace with current gen 8 leader SONY and the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created, the PS4.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#120 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Excellent, well-thought out topic.

It's also hilarious to see the usual suspects coming in here to yell "Leave Britney Alone". Embarrassing, but hilarious.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ni6htmare01

@SolidGame_basic said:

I think Xbox has shown a willingness to invest in new IPs. Whether or not they are first party doesn't really matter to the average gamer. Also, many of Sony's first party titles aren't really big sellers. Whereas with Xbox you can pretty much call Halo and Gears blockbusters. Xbox also did bring Live to gaming which pretty much solidifies it as a legit gaming console. It's also brought back some classic franchises like Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon, Killer Instinct, which is pretty cool.

A few mistake that MS has done with the Xbox brand. First they drop the first Xbox way too early. Second, they invest too much into Kinect and pretty much abandon the core with the 360 in later cycle. Third and the final was the way they introduce the XB1 which they turn a lot of people off with all the DRM and TV stuffs. If MS didn't focus so much on Kinect during the 360 and use their resources on quality first party new IP than I'm sure they will be in a much better place in gamers mind right now!

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#122 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@blackace said:

I said LAUNCH TITLES you moron. All those games were in fact EXCLUSIVE at launch. Ryse & DR3 for the PC aren't out yet, are they? So they are still exclusive right now. Imfamous SS wasn't a launch title. Seriously, learn how to fu%&#@ read before you make an idiotic reply.

Ah, and right on schedule, there's the blackace meltdown. This forum never fails to entertain.

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

Well... If your statement is true charizard that after 14 years they still haven't turned a profit, then eventually, assuming things don't change, they will indeed quit. I guess the real question is, How long will they hold on without making a profit????

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By TheRealBigRich

@GamingTitan said:

Well... If your statement is true charizard that after 14 years they still haven't turned a profit, then eventually, assuming things don't change, they will indeed quit. I guess the real question is, How long will they hold on without making a profit????

I could understand if you look at it from the perspective that they dumber lets say 3 billion so far in Xbox and only made 2.5 billion back that they haven't made a profit just using made up numbers. I could understand if they haven't actually made a profit not that I know if they did or didn't I just can't see how they are not on the upswing of making money

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Best reason to own an Xbox is for early timed 3rd party AAA exclusives.

^That's actually like the only reason.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#126  Edited By ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Nintendo has amazing first party and I love my Wii U. Unfortunately, that has made little difference this time around in terms of the system being a success. Despite the great games that are out and the ones coming down the pipe, the system has barely any third party support and is going to be left in the dust by even the Xbox One. But Microsoft should drop out?

Let's see. They still have franchises like Forza/Horizon, Halo, Killer Instinct, Gears is getting a reboot, Crackdown is coming back, Quantum Break, RARE should be back to making real games again and they are investing in exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound just to start this gen. Add in all of the third party support and the Xbox One is going to be fine, despite getting spanked by the PS4. It very much has it's place.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

New IPs are risky and expensive and first party games aren't as relevant as they used to be unless you're Nintendo. Its a lot easier to just throw money at a developer to release shit first on their console.

Honestly, both Sony and MS are underwhelming when it comes to first party shit. MS releases games with cool ideas and then abandons them(Viva Pinata, Nuts and Bolts, Halo Wars) and Sony just releases a bunch of games that are mostly garbage and I have no interest in.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TheRealBigRich

@ironcreed said:

Nintendo has amazing first party and I love my Wii U. Unfortunately, that has made little difference this time around in terms of the system being a success. Despite the great games that are out and the ones coming down the pipe, the system has barely any third party support and is going to be left in the dust by even the Xbox One. But Microsoft should drop out?

Let's see. They still have franchises like Forza/Horizon, Halo, Killer Instinct, Gears is getting a reboot, Crackdown is coming back, Quantum Break, RARE should be back to making real games again and they are investing in exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound just to start this gen. Add in all of the third party support and the Xbox One is going to be fine, despite getting spanked by the the PS4. It very much has it's place.

I think when people see that they are 3rd party games people see a problem but only really Nintendo relies so much on 1st party . Aldo if Sony was only 1st party they would be doing worst than Nintendo

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#129 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Sony just releases a bunch of games that are mostly garbage and I have no interest in.

Yes, but let's face it... you're an idiot. And before you reply, I just want to highlight that you called Uncharted, God of War and LittleBigPlanet (among others) "garbage." That is all I need to know.

As for the actual topic, I believe Microsoft is doing "decent" work when it comes to first and (especially) second-party games. I definitely wouldn't mind playing the new Crackdown or Sunset Overdrive. Scalebound and Quantum Break will probably be good, as well.

Are those enough to make me want an Xbone? Probably not, but the truth is -- as much as I love annoying Xbox fans -- I still think the One has the potential to be a much better console than the 360. The lineup is good.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#130 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

This topic is arguably the biggest reasons as to why I never owned an Xbox system.

The 360 did have an outstanding first 3 years but since then meh at MS.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:

@mems_1224 said:

Sony just releases a bunch of games that are mostly garbage and I have no interest in.

Yes, but let's face it... you're an idiot. And before you reply, I just want to highlight that you called Uncharted, God of War and LittleBigPlanet (among others) "garbage." That is all I need to know.

As for the actual topic, I believe Microsoft is doing "decent" work when it comes to first and (especially) second-party games. I definitely wouldn't mind playing the new Crackdown or Sunset Overdrive. Scalebound and Quantum Break will probably be good, as well.

Are those enough to make me want an Xbone? Probably not, but the truth is -- as much as I love annoying Xbox fans -- I still think the One has the potential to be a much better console than the 360. The lineup is good.

Uncharted and Uncharted 3 are garbage. God of War has always been garbage. Little Big Planet is a bad platformer with cool user generated stuff and a cool look, thats about it.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

@charizard1605: snooze fest

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

1. M$ has released a TON of exclusives over the last 14 years.. (a number of which you failed to mention) Ie. you probably started Xbox gaming with the 360.

• Brute Force
  • Viva Pinata
  • Blood Wake
  • Voodoo Vince
  • Amped
  • Chrome Hounds
  • Crimson Skies
  • Fusion Frenzy
  • KOH
  • Mech Assault Lone Wolf
  • Night Caster
  • Panzer Dragoon

The problem is.. either those titles (to include the ones you mentioned) didn't sell well. Or were terrible. As I say when people bash M$ for acquiring rare.. Did you purchase any of those games? No? So why complain about it.

2. It's a formula that was successful for them with the 360. So why **** up a good thing? The CONSUMERS have to be the ones to say this is unacceptable.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 blackace

@Desmonic said:

@blackace: Oh-oh. Looks like someone's jimmies are rustled! :D

lol @ "bu-bu-but haven't released yet! Doesn't count! :( "

Oh, and what you stated was "They already have exclusives with variety". And surprise, surprise 3 of the games "they already have" aren't exclusive. :D

Learn to read you're own posts, perhaps? :D

Someone is having anoher meltdown I see. They were all exclusive when the system launch and they are still exclusive until a PC version is release. Don't be mad because your wrong. Yes, there is more variety in different genre then what launched on the PS4. Don't like it? Too bad. Please, can I have more damage control so I can laugh at you.

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 blackace
@Dire_Weasel said:

@blackace said:

Ah, and right on schedule, there's the blackace meltdown. This forum never fails to entertain.

Yes, you cows are entertaining us. Keep it going. The meltdowns and tears are refreshing.

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@blackace said:

There's always an asterisk when it comes to XBox. Holding it to the same standards as everything else is "unfair" amirite?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#138 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I agree, and would love to see more first party IPs from them. They are making Phantom Dust, but I'd like to see more.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Where exactly is the logic in your lists? "I haven't counted any one-shot games"

In 2008, Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet all consisted of one game. They weren't franchises.

Dark Cloud was alive and well in 2008? If you're going to count that then we can count project gotham on xbox

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts

Hey TC, you're a moron. Have a great day!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#141 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

with 500 million dollars M$ could have funded like 15 Triple A games with ad campaign included and everything.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Gue1 said:

with 500 million dollars M$ could have funded like 15 Triple A games with ad campaign included and everything.

i'd say about 8 since they announced they spent 1 billion dollars on 15 exclusives with 8 being new IPs. I mean Activison spent 500 million on destiny alone.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 -RocBoys9489-

@Gue1 said:

Oh wow, MS should just hire your know it all ass, shouldn't they? Moron.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Microsoft marches to its own beat. While Sony and Nintendo have more first party, it is no industry standard.

How is it not the industry standard if two of the three platform holders have strong first parties, Justin?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

You should give credit to everyone that has said that over the passed 3 or so years.

No, I'm not trying to get noticed....just pointing out that many ppl have said this for some time now. And considering MS has loads of money, which they could if they wanted to, buy devs to make them exclusives......they should have the most robust and plentiful..

But they don't.

They're in a unusual position where they have more money than god so they feel like they can do whatever they want and skim off the top....so to speak.

But that hurts all of us. Buying exclusives from 3rd party devs is not how you do it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

When I bought my PS4 and not an X1.....I realized that there would be certain first party exclusives that I would miss out on...Halo, Gears and the like. And that was ok with me. At first I didn't think too much of Ryse and Deadrising 3....but not long after the release (and some time knowing that those 2 games were 3rd party exclusives) I got pissed.

MS has had very little in 1st party exclusives for a while....and it dawned on me that they were going to just buy up games.

The problem with that is: Example like TR....those aren't games I thought when choosing a PS4 over X1 "You know....I'm not going to be able to play <enter 3rd party game here> if I'm going to buy this PS4 over the X1.

B/c thats not how it suppose or should work.

It's fucking everyone else over b/c they are too lazy or just plain can't do first party games. Thats why I don't like MS and the X1.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

A few mistake that MS has done with the Xbox brand. First they drop the first Xbox way too early. Second, they invest too much into Kinect and pretty much abandon the core with the 360 in later cycle. Third and the final was the way they introduce the XB1 which they turn a lot of people off with all the DRM and TV stuffs. If MS didn't focus so much on Kinect during the 360 and use their resources on quality first party new IP than I'm sure they will be in a much better place in gamers mind right now!

True, but Sony effed up pretty big with the PS3 launch so it does happen.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 -RocBoys9489-

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Microsoft marches to its own beat. While Sony and Nintendo have more first party, it is no industry standard.

How is it not the industry standard if two of the three platform holders have strong first parties, Justin?

Having many first party studios /=/ having a strong first party. You're going to tell me with a straight face you actually enjoyed those awful Killzone games?!

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

charizard just pistol whipped all these moronic lems, good job tc.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By blackace

@Legend002 said:

Best reason to own an Xbox is for early timed 3rd party AAA exclusives.

^That's actually like the only reason.

5+ million XB1 gamers say, "Nope!!"

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

Carizard Im not on my home computer so I will list my reasons and points of contention. I will do more research when I get home to back this up with sources as well.

Sony bought its way into the industry by buying small studios thus acquiring titles.

EA, ACTIVISION, UB, SQUARE: These companies started buying smaller studios to increase their profits.

Microsoft joined the industry late the continued expansion of sony, and the studios prevente Microsoft from purchasing successful studios.

more to follow... lecture starting.