Microsoft Are Gaming Communists

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Killzonegamer84
Killzonegamer84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Killzonegamer84
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Just hear me out for a second. The 360 has the most overpriced accessories, but the bad part about it is, you HAVE to use their products and you have no choice. If you want to upgrade your HDD you HAVE to buy their brand HDD, If you want to upgrade to a wireless headset you HAVE to buy their brand wireless headset, if you want wireless gaming you HAVE to buy their wireless adapter . They dont give you the option of purchasing movies for download, you can only rent them whereas on the PSN you can actually purchase a movie and keept it for aslong as you want. They charge you just to play online, and they still charge you for good themes and gamerpics, they even charge 8 dollars just to change your gamertag! ATLEAST let you change your gamertag once a year for free aslong as you renew your subscription.

Oh and if they catch you using a 3rd party cooling unit for your 360, they wont even cover the warranty!! What kind of business is this?! I mean they make a faulty console with a 33% failure rate, and they punish you if you want to use a cooling system so the system doesnt break!! MS is ANTI USER GENERATED content, thats why no mods in 360 version of UT3, you would never see a game like LBP on the 360, no built in web browser so they can prevent people downloading stuff that isnt owned or created by MS. You cant do ANYTHING with the avatars except dress them with clothes MS PROVIDES!

Lets look at the PS3, not only do they LET You use any HDD to updgrade but they encourage you to! you can use any bluetooth headset, any brand for gaming, BUILT in wifi, built in web browser to download other cool stuff, they promote user generated themes for the XMB, great mods on UT3, Littlebigplanet is ALL about user generated content, avatars actually server a purpose in home.. You can play pool, walk around, socialize, shop etc.. they dont punish you for using 3rd party products, they are all for user generated content. They let you buy and purchase movies from the PSN, not just rent them. and FREE ONLINE PLAY and you can change your PSN id however many times you want for FREE

Oh and the PS3 allows you to use any Keyboard for typing and they let you even install a full linux operating system to turn your PS3 into a fully functional computer just about! PS3 is ALL about freedom

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I think you mean 'fascists'.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
You have a point... but that's a little extreme.
Avatar image for Killzonegamer84
Killzonegamer84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Killzonegamer84
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
its true! just think about it.. i mean they punish you for using 3rd party products! and even with Home, its symbolic of you actually OWNING your own home to do whatever you want in and with the 360 your avatars just stand there!
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Taking advantage of a free market system? Why those dang........................Commies..what?
knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts
Ah yes another negative point of the 360...
britcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 britcannibal
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
Both Home & NXE equally sucks, Home is ok for people who like to sit around and chat with random people but for the most part its pretty boring, most likely the only people to use it will be pedophiles haha
T-Aldous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 T-Aldous
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts
While I do agree with alot of your points, you don't have to have the MS wireless adapter. My neighbor uses a ligitech network extender and one of my other friends uses a lynksis wireless router. Just F.Y.I.
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
Communist? Do you know what communism even is? I agree with the first reply Fascist would make a lot more sense. Spread the Wealth=Communism=Obama (jk). Continuing on... judging by TC user name of "killzonegamer84" your opinion might be a tad bit biased at least in tone of voice, but I completely agree with you that Microsoft is money hungry.
dj_fatlips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dj_fatlips
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts

Just hear me out for a second. The 360 has the most overpriced accessories, but the bad part about it is, you HAVE to use their products and you have no choice. If you want to upgrade your HDD you HAVE to buy their brand HDD, If you want to upgrade to a wireless headset you HAVE to buy their brand wireless headset, if you want wireless gaming you HAVE to buy their wireless adapter . They dont give you the option of purchasing movies for download, you can only rent them whereas on the PSN you can actually purchase a movie and keept it for aslong as you want. They charge you just to play online, and they still charge you for good themes and gamerpics, they even charge 8 dollars just to change your gamertag! ATLEAST let you change your gamertag once a year for free aslong as you renew your subscription.

Oh and if they catch you using a 3rd party cooling unit for your 360, they wont even cover the warranty!! What kind of business is this?! I mean they make a faulty console with a 33% failure rate, and they punish you if you want to use a cooling system so the system doesnt break!! MS is ANTI USER GENERATED content, thats why no mods in 360 version of UT3, you would never see a game like LBP on the 360, no built in web browser so they can prevent people downloading stuff that isnt owned or created by MS. You cant do ANYTHING with the avatars except dress them with clothes MS PROVIDES!

Lets look at the PS3, not only do they LET You use any HDD to updgrade but they encourage you to! you can use any bluetooth headset, any brand for gaming, BUILT in wifi, built in web browser to download other cool stuff, they promote user generated themes for the XMB, great mods on UT3, Littlebigplanet is ALL about user generated content, avatars actually server a purpose in home.. You can play pool, walk around, socialize, shop etc.. they dont punish you for using 3rd party products, they are all for user generated content. They let you buy and purchase movies from the PSN, not just rent them. and FREE ONLINE PLAY and you can change your PSN id however many times you want for FREE

Oh and the PS3 allows you to use any Keyboard for typing and they let you even install a full linux operating system to turn your PS3 into a fully functional computer just about! PS3 is ALL about freedom

Killzonegamer84
Most of the stuff you stated before is because the previous xbox was plagued with modders, hackers and cheaters. The whole point of the 360 was to make it the most secure system and to avoid as much problems as possible.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
Funny that you say Microsoft are a bunch of gaming communists when you yourself sound like a Sony propagander :roll:.
rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

Just change your topic title and your point would vastly improve my friend.

Anyway, yes you are right. Microsoft is a very money hungry company and that tack on little fees and such. If you think about it $50 a year for xbox live (i think thats the right amount) is $250 dollars in 5 years, if you bought your xbox 360 in 2005. Ps3 really lets you breathe rather then being so restricted in what you buy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]blah blah blah 1st level 1st post:\nVidiaGaMer

1st level and 1st post and he's still educated on the subject.

How would you know what educated means? You think MGS4 looks better than Crysis. :|
6matt6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 6matt6
Member since 2005 • 9726 Posts
Taking advantage of a free market system? Why those dang........................Commies..what?Vandalvideo
I lol'd out loud.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
PC would be Free market then.
darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darkguy_101
Member since 2008 • 744 Posts

If you want to upgrade your HDD you HAVE to buy their brand HDD,

Not true, you can use other brand, but it's difficult, and i don't remember how.

If you want to upgrade to a wireless headset you HAVE to buy their brand wireless headset,

No. i use a Turtle Beach Ear Force X3, excellent sund and mic. Plantronics also maks goos mics

if you want wireless gaming you HAVE to buy their wireless adapter .

Not ture, you can bridge with different adapters.

They dont give you the option of purchasing movies for download, you can only rent them whereas on the PSN you can actually purchase a movie and keept it for aslong as you want.

Ok.

They charge you just to play online, and they still charge you for good themes and gamerpics, they even charge 8 dollars just to change your gamertag! ATLEAST let you change your gamertag once a year for free aslong as you renew your subscription.

Because it's a paid system, changing Gamertags is more complicated than you think, still ok, i agree with you.

Oh and if they catch you using a 3rd party cooling unit for your 360, they wont even cover the warranty!! What kind of business is this?! I mean they make a faulty console with a 33% failure rate, and they punish you if you want to use a cooling system so the system doesnt break!!

Any company will do that. Let's say i made a crappy cooling unit, i sell it and someone buys it. But all it does is kill the console, is the console maker responsible? Of course not!

MS is ANTI USER GENERATED content, thats why no mods in 360 version of UT3, you would never see a game like LBP on the 360,

Ps3 has UT3 mods O.o? Nice one =)

no built in web browser so they can prevent people downloading stuff that isnt owned or created by MS.

You can download stuff in the Ps3?

You cant do ANYTHING with the avatars except dress them with clothes MS PROVIDES!

Of course, Second Lif-- Home sorry also uses avatars. Also, i would like to note that the NXE is just a new dashboard.

Lets look at the PS3, not only do they LET You use any HDD to updgrade but they encourage you to!

The y don't encourage you, infact most people i know with Ps3 knows that you can change the hard drive. Only thech savvy people know that.

you can use any bluetooth headset, any brand for gaming, BUILT in wifi,

Refer to the wireless headset thing.

built in web browser to download other cool stuff,

Can you download stuff? Cool =P

they promote user generated themes for the XMB,

They promote? Nice

great mods on UT3,

agai, does UT3 uses mods in the Ps3?

Littlebigplanet is ALL about user generated content,

I didn't liek the game. Jumping was a hassle and i just didn't get to it.

avatars actually server a purpose in home.. You can play pool, walk around, socialize, shop etc.. they dont punish you for using 3rd party products, they are all for user generated content.

Home sucks.

They let you buy and purchase movies from the PSN, not just rent them.

Cool, the xbox has Netflix :)

and FREE ONLINE PLAY and you can change your PSN id however many times you want for FREE

Again. because PSN is not a payed system, it allows you to change your id.

Which runs horrible, my old computer from 2002 runs XP better than that. (256MB ram, 2GHZ, 32MB integrated)

Killzonegamer84

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]blah blah blah 1st level 1st post:\Aljosa23

1st level and 1st post and he's still educated on the subject.

How would you know what educated means? You think MGS4 looks better than Crysis. :|

I'm not the only one most of the fellow gamespotters also agree just look at the votes and the editors agreed as well. MGS 4 is the king of graphics to date.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

You do have a choice, which is to not buy the 360 in the first place. It is after all a form of luxury entertainment.

But calling Microsoft Communist gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

That should be the final thread for system wars 2008: Microsoft = Communist.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Sorry but I'm getting this strange impression console users thought they had any rights to begin with. All consoles are like dictatorships, you either do what the ruler tells you or else.

That is why you cannot connect online without being forced to accept software updates, that is why developers like ID and Epic have to needlessly redesign their games around console company demands. Any freedoms you have, such as the ability to upgrade using a 3rd party HDD on PS3, is purely at the console companies whim.

Console users give up rights in exchange for convenience and having Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo big brother look after them, even developers give up a level of freedom when they design for consoles, I thought everyone knew that.

It's why people like PC gaming, the wide range of choices may result in performance and bug issues at times but at least we have choices.

Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

people realy have no idea about communism do they?

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts
Most of the stuff you stated before is because the previous xbox was plagued with modders, hackers and cheaters. The whole point of the 360 was to make it the most secure system and to avoid as much problems as possible.dj_fatlips
which is ironic since the 360 has already been modded and the ps3 still hasn't.... lifes funny sometimes huh?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I agree with a lot of what you wrote in your post but perhaps you should change the topic title.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
If this is what communism looks like, then I welcome it with open arms.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GodofBigMacs
[QUOTE="britcannibal"]Both Home & NXE equally sucks, Home is ok for people who like to sit around and chat with random people but for the most part its pretty boring, most likely the only people to use it will be pedophiles haha

HA yeah I hear you... bowling, pool, and Icebreaker are pretty fun, though. I have my player decked out in full Icebreaker gear!
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

Killzonegamer84

If you have ever read the ENTIRE Terms of Use on PSN, you wouldn't be so quick to call them "capitialist".

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
Taking advantage of a free market system? Why those dang........................Commies..what?Vandalvideo
Haha my thoughts exactly. It's called "capitalism".
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GodofBigMacs
[QUOTE="Killzonegamer84"]

bez2083

If you have ever read the ENTIRE Terms of Use on PSN, you wouldn't be so quick to call them "capitialist".

Wait, so you did read it all? You have too much time on your hands, sir.

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 world69star69
Member since 2005 • 1401 Posts

Killzonegamer84

< I totally agree!! With everything you said, and have been saying the same thing for a long time now.... MS wants to be the only console... They are using the same tactics in gaming that they did for the pc....buyout, bribe, steal and copy... no innovation what so ever!! All they do is take things from other companies and add on to it. They are going to be charging kids and gamers $1.65 an hour to play games and use office... pay by the hour is there new philosophy...how horrible is that?!?! You can't get fallout 3 dlc unless you use windows live! so if you live in an area without live support , are on the ps3, or flat out refuse live you can't get it...why not let people get it from steam, or the ps3? Why they want licensing fees. MS is screwing over the game industry.

Here is what MS's long term goals are as i see them (imo) - They want one console so they can license the hardware out to other manufactures... as they know they suck at hardware. Imagine toshiba 360 and samsung 360 etc... all using live whille ms doesn't have to make the hardware which equals more cash in their pockets. Meanwhile there would be no innovation and they could charge as much as they want for live... you don't believe this could happen? Think again... they have been pushing this for years. They tried to do this on pc first but pc people are too smart to fall for their tricks. Xbox gamers though? All different level of intelligence there....anyone who defends paying to pay online, and all the scummy things ms does can't be very bright to begin with. Sony and Nintendo are doing things right, they make things free, and you get what you need out of the box.

My nephews grandmom just bought them a xbox arcade for x-mas. She probably seen that stupid commercial for the family games and now they have it with the lego indy and kungfu panda.... MY brother in law asks me at our family get togeather if he can set the thing up downstairs so they can play online as they were asking about it..... lol.... I asked him if there was wired internet down there... he said no.... I told him it would be $100 for the wifi adapter...he was shocked, I told him about the hard-drive that costs up to another $100, he was shocked, i told him about the $50 upfront or $90 if payed by month to play online to begin with and he said no way.... His answer they won't be playing online. Thats a lot of added costs he said and they already have a wii. How many other families fell for the $199 arcade trap bought by relatives because it's cheap? He didn't know any of this. I then told him about the 33% failure rating and he was very dismayed... How many people does ms rip off? The problem is most people don't know they are getting ripped a new one... I feel bad for my nephews not being able to play online, especially since a few months ago I bought them star wars renegade squadron for the psp and they play that online all the time.

darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darkguy_101

@GodofBigMacs

And you dont?

You should always read them. I got $130 free because i didn't want to accept the terms of use of the new laptop i purchased after reading an article =)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
[QUOTE="bez2083"][QUOTE="Killzonegamer84"]

GodofBigMacs

Wait, so you did read it all? You have too much time on your hands, sir.

Says the guy posting on a gaming forum:lol:You've racked up nearly 400 posts in the short time you've been here and I've got too much time on my hands?! OK:roll:

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 world69star69

Anyway, yes you are right. Microsoft is a very money hungry company and that tack on little fees and such. If you think about it $50 a year for xbox live (i think thats the right amount) is $250 dollars in 5 years, if you bought your xbox 360 in 2005. Ps3 really lets you breathe rather then being so restricted in what you buy.

rsoxguy12
Add on to that the fact that you have to pay for themes, gamerpics, peer to peer servers, and there is ads everywhere! You would think with that level of payment, you would get no ads...just like most internet full services do... silver ads, gold no ads, but it's not that way, you pay and you still have ads. Then you have ps3 which doesn't have ads in the xmb..there are free themes, an application to make themes, etc.. You can do so much with the ps3 out of the box that you can't with xbox.. It's just a better value for the dollar. People need to stop looking at what;s the cheapest, and look more to what is the best value in the long run!! But people are stupid so what do you expect?
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GodofBigMacs

world69star69

< I totally agree!! With everything you said, and have been saying the same thing for a long time now.... MS wants to be the only console... They are using the same tactics in gaming that they did for the pc....buyout, bribe, steal and copy... no innovation what so ever!! All they do is take things from other companies and add on to it. They are going to be charging kids and gamers $1.65 an hour to play games and use office... pay by the hour is there new philosophy...how horrible is that?!?! You can't get fallout 3 dlc unless you use windows live! so if you live in an area without live support , are on the ps3, or flat out refuse live you can't get it...why not let people get it from steam, or the ps3? Why they want licensing fees. MS is screwing over the game industry.

Here is what MS's long term goals are as i see them (imo) - They want one console so they can license the hardware out to other manufactures... as they know they suck at hardware. Imagine toshiba 360 and samsung 360 etc... all using live whille ms doesn't have to make the hardware which equals more cash in their pockets. Meanwhile there would be no innovation and they could charge as much as they want for live... you don't believe this could happen? Think again... they have been pushing this for years. They tried to do this on pc first but pc people are too smart to fall for their tricks. Xbox gamers though? All different level of intelligence there....anyone who defends paying to pay online, and all the scummy things ms does can't be very bright to begin with. Sony and Nintendo are doing things right, they make things free, and you get what you need out of the box.

My nephews grandmom just bought them a xbox arcade for x-mas. She probably seen that stupid commercial for the family games and now they have it with the lego indy and kungfu panda.... MY brother in law asks me at our family get togeather if he can set the thing up downstairs so they can play online as they were asking about it..... lol.... I asked him if there was wired internet down there... he said no.... I told him it would be $100 for the wifi adapter...he was shocked, I told him about the hard-drive that costs up to another $100, he was shocked, i told him about the $50 upfront or $90 if payed by month to play online to begin with and he said no way.... His answer they won't be playing online. Thats a lot of added costs he said and they already have a wii. How many other families fell for the $199 arcade trap bought by relatives because it's cheap? He didn't know any of this. I then told him about the 33% failure rating and he was very dismayed... How many people does ms rip off? The problem is most people don't know they are getting ripped a new one... I feel bad for my nephews not being able to play online, especially since a few months ago I bought them star wars renegade squadron for the psp and they play that online all the time.

Wow, that's what I usually try to say to others, but your wording of it is 10x better!
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

Killzonegamer84
did Sony give me a choice to not buy into Blu-ray? it's the sole reason I had to pay $700 for my PS3. and it was not needed for gaming.
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 world69star69
[QUOTE="dj_fatlips"]Most of the stuff you stated before is because the previous xbox was plagued with modders, hackers and cheaters. The whole point of the 360 was to make it the most secure system and to avoid as much problems as possible.z4twenny
which is ironic since the 360 has already been modded and the ps3 still hasn't.... lifes funny sometimes huh?

Yeah how about that...
darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darkguy_101
[QUOTE="rsoxguy12"]

world69star69

You can do so much with the ps3 out of the box that you can't with xbox.. It's just a better value for the dollar. People need to stop looking at what;s the cheapest, and look more to what is the best value in the long run!! But people are stupid so what do you expect?

You can buy a 360 and a game for $280. That's the best value. Most people don't need need to play online, much less wireless and Blu Ray when they have a small "25 CRT.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
  1. Wrong, 360 doesn't have the most overpriced accessories, wireless headset official costs the same on 360 as it does on ps3, the ps3 doesn't even offer an headset in the box your have to purchase it seperate, sony doesn't even offer a wireless option on the ps3s without wireless the 360 does, and you ARE NOT forced to use the wireless adaptor or wired headset you can use any wired headset with a 2.5 cellphone jack and you are not forced to use the wireless adaptor most wireless bridges work and can be had for 50 dollars or less.
  2. They don't give you the option to purchase movies? i have very few movies in my collection some choice items most people dont WANT to own a movie they want to get it rent it watch it, its a waste of money to spend full price on a movie you'll likely never watch again. *side note there is more content tv shows, movies...ect on xbox marketplace then on psn*
  3. sony does the same thing you void your warrenty if your caught using a 3rd party cooling solution and whos dumb enough to let a company find out they've added a 3rd party thing to the actual hardware of the unit?
  4. Microsoft is anti user generated content? wrong at no point have they ever been anti user generated content they just want content to work unlike sony where i've come accross some LBP lvls that wouldn't load the companies dont take advantage of the certification process for user generated content oh and on word. XNA. And you can do more with the home avatars beyond what you can with NXE avatars? *you cant* UT3 doesn't have mods on 360 cause Epic doesn't want to put those mods through certification i've played a quite a few mods on UT3 that were horrible and some that didn't work surfice to say 99% of user made content is crap lol built in web broswer? cause we all know 100% of ps3 users use it right?
  5. They let you? but they dont encourage you too its in the manual but its not like its advertised all over sony hey! upgrade your hdd easily this way! they mention it at times but they dont encourage it. you can use some bluetooth headsets but like any hardware there are some that dont work but most do dont lie that they all work. Built in wifi on some ps3 models. built in webbrowser that hardly any users use. they promote user themes? no they mention it i've seen no major advertisments about user made themes. Crap mods on ut3 the game that has sold like crap accross pc, 360 and ps3 but hell the 360 and pc version have sold more i belive then the ps3 version. Home sux haven't you heard? wanna play pool? wait in line, wanna do any thing? wait in line, are you a girl? wait for the guys to make sexual advances at you and dance ontop of you about 50 of them, And yeah sorry but if a 3rd party product breaks your ps3 it voids your warrenty if they find out about it they are no different in this regard then microsoft.
  6. you cant change your user id you can make a NEW user id you lose EVERY THING friends, trophies every thing is lost because its a NEW ID.
  7. They let us install linux? oh my god! but wait its a gimped computer OMEGA gimped and i cant do squat with it if i actually used linux on a pc and hey linux sux what about windows? no?
you've told us nothing but opinion and all of it bad opinion and wrong and lies.

@worldstar
Im glad you can tell your brother in law? lies and half truths thats good of you.
world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 world69star69

Dreams-Visions
did Sony give me a choice to not buy into Blu-ray? it's the sole reason I had to pay $700 for my PS3. and it was not needed for gaming.

The ps3 does not cost $700 it never did. I got mine for $399 and got a 320gb seagate hd for $90 on newegg.com The blue -ray player is not just for movies...all ps3 games use blue rays...it lets developers use non compressed textures and audio you can have real 7.1 audio, you can have games like mgs4 have 20+ hours of gameplay/in-game cinematics.. you can have multiple voice tracks. You have companies like id software gimping the 360 version of rage and doom4 because ms charges by the disc it's licensing fees so instead of making 3 disc games they cut stuff out of the 360 version. (you will probably come back by saying lost odysey but guess what that is published by ms...so no fee for them.) Lbp uses blue-ray for all the textures stickers, objects, sounds, etc... you would need multiple dvds for that. Blue-ray discs have an extra layer of coating so they don't scratch as easily and fingerprints aren't as big a deal unlike dvds... And of course blue-ray is awesome as a movie player too.... I am glad It came standard that means if the devs are up to par and want to push the system they can... The option is there. You lems are really grasping for straws these days with these outrageous arguments!
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Killzonegamer84"]

world69star69

The ps3 does not cost $700 it never did. I got mine for $399 and got a 320gb seagate hd for $90 on newegg.com The blue -ray player is not just for movies...all ps3 games use blue rays...it lets developers use non compressed textures and audio you can have real 7.1 audio, you can have games like mgs4 have 20+ hours of gameplay/in-game cinematics.. you can have multiple voice tracks. You have companies like id software gimping the 360 version of rage and doom4 because ms charges by the disc it's licensing fees so instead of making 3 disc games they cut stuff out of the 360 version. (you will probably come back by saying lost odysey but guess what that is published by ms...so no fee for them.) Lbp uses blue-ray for all the textures stickers, objects, sounds, etc... you would need multiple dvds for that. Blue-ray discs have an extra layer of coating so they don't scratch as easily and fingerprints aren't as big a deal unlike dvds... And of course blue-ray is awesome as a movie player too.... I am glad It came standard that means if the devs are up to par and want to push the system they can... The option is there. You lems are really grasping for straws these days with these outrageous arguments!

half truths showing you dont know what your talking about, But ill pick out one thing mgs 4 20+ hours? lol yeah if you move 2 inches an hour, in reality the game can be beaten without speedruns in 8 hours the rest if cinematics that take up about 90% of the game.
P.S:wow i reread that and you REALLY dont have any idea what your talking about.

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 world69star69
[QUOTE="world69star69"][QUOTE="rsoxguy12"]

darkguy_101

You can do so much with the ps3 out of the box that you can't with xbox.. It's just a better value for the dollar. People need to stop looking at what;s the cheapest, and look more to what is the best value in the long run!! But people are stupid so what do you expect?

You can buy a 360 and a game for $280. That's the best value. Most people don't need need to play online, much less wireless and Blu Ray when they have a small "25 CRT.

Yeah how many people really want to buy a next gen system for there small crt's without playing online? Hmmm? Not many... If that was the case they could be satisfied with a ps2 or wii and have 1000's of games to play that look just as good on the standard def screen... And I know people are doing this, both my local gamestops were sold out of used ps2's after x-mas, and they had stacks of them.. Your kidding yourself if you think people don't want online. It's a better value not having to pay yearly for online, not having to pay for wireless, not having to pay for a hard-drive, etc... PS3 == better value. you get more with the ps3, xbox will cost you more then ps3 to get the equivalent, and then you still would have to pay each year for online.
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#42 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts

You can't even change your PSN ID. You have to make an entire new one, make a different user, use a different email, add your friends all over again and lose all your Trophies. Paying to change your GamerTag keeps away troll accounts. Just like here on GS you can make infinite troll accounts over the PSN.

An official headset comes with every 360 except one sku while the PS3 does not come with any headset with any sku. The official 360 wireless headset cost as much as the official PS3 wireless headset.

When people ugrade their PS3 HDD, most of them just puts away the old HDD making it a waste. While you don't really need to upgrade to a bigger HDD with the 360 because there's no mandatory installs. You can still play games with a HDD for your 360, I can't say the same with the PS3.

Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Cole-Protocal
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts

Communism = a failed system

Capitalism = Prevailed over communism

360 installed base = higher then PS3s

Ergo....360 is more preferred and thus cant be associated with communism.

mezzo20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 mezzo20
Member since 2008 • 1702 Posts
what you said was absolutely true they have the cheapest console but they are squeezing the money out with dirty tricks lick, RROD,Scratching Game Disc's From Inside the Xbox, and only allowing their own accessories to be used with 360 this sucks big.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

I swear, it's like I went into a time machine and showed up in 2006. You're honestly bringing up the Intercooler, of all things? The never-verified 33% failure rate? I don't see those arguments anymore for a reason, because they're irrelevant.

The 360 is fine. The XNA initiative opens the system up to tons of new user-made content. HD cables and a headset are included out of the box. Xbox Live is still leagues ahead of the competition. You can see how much better the infrastructure is when you compare SF2HDR on the PS3 to its 360 counterpart, for example. The party system is fantastic, and it's improving all the time.

Most cows ditched these weak arguments when they actually started getting good exclusives. Then again, I'd hope that most cows know what communism is.

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 world69star69
[QUOTE="world69star69"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"] did Sony give me a choice to not buy into Blu-ray? it's the sole reason I had to pay $700 for my PS3. and it was not needed for gaming.WilliamRLBaker

half truths showing you dont know what your talking about, But ill pick out one thing mgs 4 20+ hours? lol yeah if you move 2 inches an hour, in reality the game can be beaten without speedruns in 8 hours the rest if cinematics that take up about 90% of the game.
P.S:wow i reread that and you REALLY dont have any idea what your talking about.

If you beat mgs4 in 8 hours then you are missing the point of the game and shouldn't have bought it in the first place. MGS4 is not for instant gratification ADHD, lets blow something up or whine about it crowd... thats the target audience for the 360. MGs4 is all about story...it always has been. All MGS games have cinematics and gameplay. MGS4 is the most innovative game to use story with a game. It uses all in game cinematics that seamlessly transitions to gameplay... It was awarded GOTY at this site and others. Given praises by the millions of gamers. What fun is a game if you don't take the time to enjoy it? MGs4 and other story based games are not meant to be rushed through. If you do a speed run it's after you beat the game multiple times and you want to challenge yourself. It's not how the game should be played. And for another matter... I am not the one that's grasping at straws here! I have very strong arguments to back up all I say.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Oh and the PS3 allows you to use any Keyboard for typin.

Killzonegamer84

The reason they don't cover the 3rd Party cooling unit for the Xbox 360 is because it makes the system work harder to cool itself and interferes with the power cable plug-in. Its also been known to actually melt to the back of your Xbox 360. There is user created content on Xbox 360 too (community games.) You can also use a keyboard for typing on the Xbox 360 also.

But other than that I agree with you main point, there isn't enough competition between accessories, the only think you can do really is buy the expensive stuff used for cheaper unfortunately.

world69star69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 world69star69

Cole-Protocal
Great who let General RAam in this thread? Anyway... i don't agree with ms being communism, ms is facist. Communism would be srpeading the wealth around and everyone being treated equeal and no the Soviet Union was not a real communist place. it was just called that... it was more a militaristic socialism, where the officials had absolute power.... that's not true communism. The fact is true communism would never work because people are greedy...i'll not get into that as it would take me a lot of typing to explain further. The 360 has been out for a year longer then the ps3. It had a whole year to itself where developers made games exclusivly for it. That is why the 360 install base and library is larger...but not better. PS3 has so many QUALITY EXCLUSIVES out now and in the months to come... the install base is catching up.. and for another thing General Raam higher install base does not equal a better console... better exclusives, with 3rd party support, free online, great features out of the box with solid non-defective hardware does a good console make and that console is the ps3!
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="world69star69"] The ps3 does not cost $700 it never did. I got mine for $399 and got a 320gb seagate hd for $90 on newegg.com The blue -ray player is not just for movies...all ps3 games use blue rays...it lets developers use non compressed textures and audio you can have real 7.1 audio, you can have games like mgs4 have 20+ hours of gameplay/in-game cinematics.. you can have multiple voice tracks. You have companies like id software gimping the 360 version of rage and doom4 because ms charges by the disc it's licensing fees so instead of making 3 disc games they cut stuff out of the 360 version. (you will probably come back by saying lost odysey but guess what that is published by ms...so no fee for them.) Lbp uses blue-ray for all the textures stickers, objects, sounds, etc... you would need multiple dvds for that. Blue-ray discs have an extra layer of coating so they don't scratch as easily and fingerprints aren't as big a deal unlike dvds... And of course blue-ray is awesome as a movie player too.... I am glad It came standard that means if the devs are up to par and want to push the system they can... The option is there. You lems are really grasping for straws these days with these outrageous arguments!world69star69

If you beat mgs4 in 8 hours then you are missing the point of the game and shouldn't have bought it in the first place. MGS4 is not for instant gratification ADHD, lets blow something up or whine about it crowd... thats the target audience for the 360. MGs4 is all about story...it always has been. All MGS games have cinematics and gameplay. MGS4 is the most innovative game to use story with a game. It uses all in game cinematics that seamlessly transitions to gameplay... It was awarded GOTY at this site and others. Given praises by the millions of gamers. What fun is a game if you don't take the time to enjoy it? MGs4 and other story based games are not meant to be rushed through. If you do a speed run it's after you beat the game multiple times and you want to challenge yourself. It's not how the game should be played. And for another matter... I am not the one that's grasping at straws here! I have very strong arguments to back up all I say.

C'mon now the story in MGS4 is absolutely, rediculiously bad.

Cole-Protocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cole-Protocal
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts
[QUOTE="Cole-Protocal"]

world69star69

PS3 has so many QUALITY EXCLUSIVES out now and in the months to come... the install base is catching up.. and for another thing General Raam higher install base does not equal a better console... better exclusives, with 3rd party support, free online, great features out of the box with solid non-defective hardware does a good console make and that console is the ps3!

360 has more A, AA, and AAA then PS3, instal base is greater (indicating popularity/success), 360 has better 3rd party support, BETTER online. But w/e ur entitled to a opinion. And my name is Cole-Protocal.