MGS GZ PS3/X360/X1/PS4 Comparison video

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

that was a well produced video. smart to slow the footage down so people can see the extra frames. looks like the game might be a little bit special on the ps4.

i lost all my metal gear solid enthusiasm with mgs4, but i'll admit i'm hopeful this game turns out fantastic.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

@Playerpat0: Well people are acting like Kojima hasn't had a (justifiable) Sony bias for 15 years. MGS themed systems ,exclusives etc. There's nothing wrong with supporting your own.

Playerpat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Playerpat0
Member since 2004 • 1698 Posts

@Chozofication said:

@Playerpat0 said:

Clearly Kojima didn't give a rats ass about the xbox one game. The PS4 is more powerful but come on guys… it is not that far behind. BF4 shows us that it is not that far behind.

Dice probably had to spend more time on the Xbox one version because of how lacking the console is, i'm sure less time was spent on the Ps4 version and even then it's 900p vs 720p and 10fps or more ahead. iirc the Ps4 version was the buggier of the two as well.

I wouldn't use that turd BF4 as a metric anyways, and to be fair COD ghosts either.

Speaking of MGS it's not like The Xbox one version is exactly the same as the 360/ps3, it's 720p vs sub HD, with cleaned up detail from the current gen versions and it at least targets 60fps even if it's not locked like Ps4. When an Xbox one game is either 60fps or 1080p expect to see a lot of cutbacks.

For now… There are plenty of games that run pretty close to one another with only slight differences. The two NBA games, NFS, Tomb Raider, Etc… All I am saying is that it seems pretty obvious that one next gen version was a bit more neglected that the other regardless of ease of development. I also think a ton of that ease of development is the fact that PS4 is more off the shelf parts. Xbox will catch up with the new kits in the ease of development front… just like PS3 did last gen.

Playerpat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Playerpat0
Member since 2004 • 1698 Posts

@vickissv2 said:

@Playerpat0: Well people are acting like Kojima hasn't had a (justifiable) Sony bias for 15 years. MGS themed systems ,exclusives etc. There's nothing wrong with supporting your own.

Didn't say there was something wrong with it. I just don't see this as being a great barometer for comparison when said bias exists and if you look at pretty much all other 3rd party multi plats in side by side comparisons the differences are much much smaller.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Lems can't even DC this one so they stay out of this thread.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#106  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

The gen only started, remember the PS3? lol, cows seem to forget that.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@speedfog said:

LOL keep dreaming. 360 games were not running at twice the resolution or twice the frame rate of PS3 multiplats. It's a wrap, Xbone is weak...

PS3 vs PS4
PS3 vs PS4
360 vs Xbone
360 vs Xbone

There's a bigger difference between the PS4 and Xbone version than the Xbone and last gen versions lol. Xbone is a weak POS confirmed.

NobleCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By NobleCow
Member since 2014 • 45 Posts

@vickissv2 said:

Kojima does have a bias for the PlayStation family, but that doesn't mean that his programmers half-assed the Xbox 360 and Xbone versions.

Based on my superior tech knowledge, I'd say that Kojima Studios is the FIRST major 3rd party studio that optimized the PS4 version of its multiplat. Every other 3rd party studio is ignoring the PS4 version because it can run high settings, 1080p @ 30-60 FPS with no optimization. Most of their budget went into optimizing the Xbone version. We cows are a noble race, and I think we should demand better.

MGS GZ was optimized for ALL next-gen consoles, not just the Bone. MGS GZ will be the first game on next-gen consoles where we can witness the TRUE power discrepency between Xbone and PS4 without any subjective bias. Both versions have been optimized and both versions will have the same gameplay, so there should be no argument on linear vs. open-world that tend to pop up on RYSE vs. KZ:SF arguments.

Million of hours and millions of dollars in optimization and the best they get is a last-gen looking open-world game at 720p and crap framerates.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Bold parts for extra lolz

@noblecow said:

@vickissv2 said:

Kojima does have a bias for the PlayStation family, but that doesn't mean that his programmers half-assed the Xbox 360 and Xbone versions.

Based on my superior tech knowledge, I'd say that Kojima Studios is the FIRST major 3rd party studio who optimized the PS4 version of its multiplat. Every other 3rd party studio is ignoring the PS4 version because it can run high settings, 1080p @ 30-60 FPS with no optimization. Most of their budget went into optimizing the Xbone version. We cows are a noble race, and I think we should demand better.

MGS GZ was optimized for ALL next-gen consoles, not just the Bone. Here, we see the Xbone hitting its cap. Million of hours and millions of dollars in optimization and the best they get is a last-gen looking open-world game at 720p and crap framerates.

NobleCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By NobleCow

@I_can_haz said:

@speedfog said:

LOL keep dreaming. 360 games were not running at twice the resolution or twice the frame rate of PS3 multiplats. It's a wrap, Xbone is weak...

PS3 vs PS4
PS3 vs PS4
360 vs Xbone
360 vs Xbone

There's a bigger difference between the PS4 and Xbone version than the Xbone and last gen versions lol. Xbone is a weak POS confirmed.

Are you sure that the left picture was from the 360 version? Look at the white clippings on the bottom-left of the left picture and the white clippings on the bottom-right of the right picture. It's clearer than the picture on the right.

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

After watching the video several times........I give up. All 4 look the same to me. Minor differences at best. I'm sick of these cross-gen games.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#112 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@kemar7856 said:

i'll be honest the difference ins't that big of a difference to me its just like the cod ghosts comparsions

That works out for you then, because the Xbox One is ideally suited for gamers with impaired vision.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@edwardecl: True. But they would risk being called biased, since the comparison, though great for consumers, end up showing that there's actually one superior version.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By I_can_haz

(Open in a new tab or window to see the full difference)

@noblecow said:

@I_can_haz said:

@speedfog said:

Are you sure that the left picture was from the 360 version? Look at the white clippings on the bottom-left of the left picture and the white clippings on the bottom-right of the right picture. It's clearer than the picture on the right.

I really am not sure. The Xbone and 360 version look the same to me in still shots. I can only tell the difference in videos because the Xbone version runs at 60fps. I'm just posting what the guys at GAF posted lol.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#115  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@noblecow said:

@vickissv2 said:

Based on my superior tech knowledge, I'd say that Kojima Studios is the FIRST major 3rd party studio that optimized the PS4 version of its multiplat. Every other 3rd party studio is ignoring the PS4 version because it can run high settings, 1080p @ 30-60 FPS with no optimization. Most of their budget went into optimizing the Xbone version. We cows are a noble race, and I think we should demand better.

MGS GZ was optimized for ALL next-gen consoles, not just the Bone. MGS GZ will be the first game on next-gen consoles where we can witness the TRUE power discrepency between Xbone and PS4 without any subjective bias. Both versions have been optimized and both versions will have the same gameplay, so there should be no argument on linear vs. open-world that tend to pop up on RYSE vs. KZ:SF arguments.

Million of hours and millions of dollars in optimization and the best they get is a last-gen looking open-world game at 720p and crap framerates.

I think the xbox one is a lot more powerful than most people think. It's weaker than the PS4, but if MGS GZ was worked on a bit more for the xbox one there should have be a clear difference between the 360 and Xbox one version of the game and not what happened here. The xbox one is most likely strong enough to do everything the PS4 can do, but at lower framerates and resolution.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Xbox One/360 versions look identical

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By I_can_haz

Xbone version is laughably bad.

NobleCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 NobleCow

@super600 said:

@noblecow said:

@vickissv2 said:

I think the xbox one is a lot more powerful than most people think. It's weaker than the PS4, but if MGS GZ was worked on a bit more for the xbox one there should have be a clear difference between the 360 and Xbox one version of the game and not what happened here. The xbox one is most likely strong enough to do everything the PS4 can do, but at lower framerates and resolution.

You can keep telling yourself that, but the way I see things, the Xbone is barely stronger than the 360 due to its bottlenecked design. Trust Gflops is at 400, not 1300.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

The 360/Xbone versions look similar or is it just me?

TLHBO.... again.

This is getting too easy. Lems can't catch a break

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

PS4 vs Xbone Lol

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#121  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@noblecow said:

@super600 said:

@noblecow said:

@vickissv2 said:

You can keep telling yourself that, but the way I see things, the Xbone is barely stronger than the 360 due to its bottlenecked design. Trust Gflops is at 400, not 1300.

The xbox one's design can not lower the gflops of it's gpu. The only thing that the console's design affects is how hard it is to program games on the console. Some devs will be able to take advantage of the xbox one's design and great looking games will happen because of this while some devs may struggle a bit with the console.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#122 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Obviously owning both consoles, I'll end up with the ps4 version, but honestly that's about as minimal a difference as it can possibly get without being identical.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Am I the only one who's wishing next-gen versions looked a little better compared to 360/ps3?

Noticed the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@I_can_haz said:

Obviously owning both consoles, I'll end up with the ps4 version, but honestly that's about as minimal a difference as it can possibly get without being identical.

Bad example imo, think this shows the textures, AA and res differences better:

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@hoosier7 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@I_can_haz said:

Again, obviously the ps4 version looks the best, I just don't see what all the big fuss is about. If it wasn't for ps4, I doubt anybody would be saying Xbox One games look bad. And even with that, if you prefer MS exclusives over Sony's, you shouldn't have to be belittled for buying the second-best version of the game that still doesn't look all that bad -- in fact it looks pretty good.

With that said, I don't really think any version of the game is all that impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@hoosier7 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@I_can_haz said:

Again, obviously the ps4 version looks the best, I just don't see what all the big fuss is about. If it wasn't for ps4, I doubt anybody would be saying Xbox One games look bad. And even with that, if you prefer MS exclusives over Sony's, you shouldn't have to be belittled for buying the second-best version of the game that still doesn't look all that bad -- in fact it looks pretty good.

With that said, I don't really think any version of the game is all that impressive.

I think a generation of having it happen to some people has sent them a bit crazy. It's fair for them to have their fun imo now the tables have turned (i mean come on it is System Wars, messing with people is 99% of what this place is).

I also thinks it pretty fair to be critical of the console that's been put out at a higher price that's running multiplats (which make up the vast majority of a console's games i might add) to a worse standard than the cheaper one. They are games consoles after all.

These threads are rarely about the individual instance but more about the overall picture.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By I_can_haz
@hoosier7 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@I_can_haz said:

:O Holy crap, that's huge.

The uncompressed video from Gametrailers shows the difference very clearly too. The difference is even more in motion because that's when the Xbone's jaggies really stick out.

NobleCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 NobleCow

@I_can_haz said:
@hoosier7 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@I_can_haz said:

:O Holy crap, that's huge.

The uncompressed video from Gametrailers shows the difference very clearly too. The difference is even more in motion because that's when the Xbone's jaggies really stick out.

Indeed. What's even more surprising is that closet lems like WadeFan and FatRibs continue to deny that the Xbone is clearly a last-gen console.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#129  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Nice comparison pics. I agree the top right photo of the PS4 looks clearer in some areas compared to the X1 pic below it. For instance when you examine Snake's leg and back, it seems clearer on the PS4. The rest, not so much, and I had trouble telling the difference between the 2. Also, I had to zoom in with my browser and take a few moments to examine the pics. I would characterize this as the PS4 having slightly better graphics than the X1 version, which is pretty much what most press outlets have been stating about this X1 and PS4 difference. I would certainly not say there is a big difference, and for me, this does not compell me to go out and buy a PS4. In motion, I'm sure I would hardly care about the difference and which version I had. XBL's superior online is more of the selling point for me on the X1. However, I certainly understand the importance of this graphical difference to some people who really want better graphics above all else, and with single player games only, it would seem easier to just go with the PS4 version if you have both systems.

I agree also that in some parts, the 360 version looks very similar to the X1 version, and I suspect the differences will be more apparent with the game in motion. However, I could also say this about some of the PS3 shots like the top row. It will be interesting to see how those differences change as time goes on.

NobleCow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By NobleCow

@Alucard_Prime said:

Nice comparison pics. I agree the top right photo of the PS4 looks clearer in some areas compared to the X1 pic below it. For instance when you examine Snake's leg and back, it seems clearer on the PS4. The rest, not so much, and I had trouble telling the difference between the 2. Also, I had to zoom in with my browser and take a few moments to examine the pics. I would characterize this as the PS4 having slightly better graphics than the X1 version, which is pretty much what most press outlets have been stating about this X1 and PS4 difference. I would certainly not say there is a big difference, and for me, this does not compell me to go out and buy a PS4. In motion, I'm sure I would hardly care about the difference and which version I had. XBL's superior online is more of the selling point for me on the X1. However, I certainly understand the importance of this graphical difference to some people who really want better graphics above all else, and with single player games only, it would seem easier to just go with the PS4 version if you have both systems.

I agree also that in some parts, the 360 version looks very similar to the X1 version, and I suspect the differences will be more apparent with the game in motion. However, I could also say this about some of the PS3 shots like the top row. It will be interesting to see how those differences change as time goes on.

The difference is as clear as day when you're playing the game in person and not watching a compressed video. Why do you think testers on twitter were saying the PS4 version was so much better than the Xbone version? Stop acting like a Microsoft salesman.

Here's a good picture showing the massive differences between the 2 versions:

Also, XBL is INFERIOR to PSN this gen. You can continue to keep your head all the way up your ass, but the fact is that XBL has slower download speeds than PSN AND has worse multiplayer netcode, making you lag more (No, multiplayer is not run on Azure servers. Still running on P2P) than you would if you were playing on the PS4.

Furthermore, there are so many more people playing multiplayer on PSN at all times of the day that it's difficult on XBL to get matched in a game with more than 10 people. I played 15 minutes in a BF4 match with sub 15 people while it took less than 1 minute on the PS4 to get more than 30+ people. Check yourself:

http://bf4stats.com/

Xbone: 22k

PS4: 56k

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Ouch, dat 720p

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

The new update on the Xbox One gets rid of the sharpen filter. Those videos must be made before the new update.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#133  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts
@Nengo_Flow said:

Ind4 "PS4 version has no cloudz, teh down grade confirm"

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is apparently lacking the power of the cloud on PlayStation 4

"Clouds on the Xbox One. No clouds on the PlayStation 4. Is this the fabled power of the Cloud?"

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

May be just me, but even the colors seem better on the PS4. It's also sharper, and has better lighting and shadows. I think it shows the differences very clearly. Also, the worst version seems to be the PS3's.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@hoosier7 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@hoosier7 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@I_can_haz said:

I think a generation of having it happen to some people has sent them a bit crazy. It's fair for them to have their fun imo now the tables have turned (i mean come on it is System Wars, messing with people is 99% of what this place is).

I also thinks it pretty fair to be critical of the console that's been put out at a higher price that's running multiplats (which make up the vast majority of a console's games i might add) to a worse standard than the cheaper one. They are games consoles after all.

These threads are rarely about the individual instance but more about the overall picture.

Haha, yeah I guess you're right. I just remember when I joined this board a decade ago and people could actually have constructive conversations about consoles. It seemed like very few people actually cared who liked Halo or God of War, and I found most people actually wished they had all three consoles so they could play everything.

But of course, the first person who realized they could say whatever they wanted on the internet without getting the shit beaten out of them ruined it for everyone. If only you could take a blow to the face through a computer screen...

For now, I'm afraid I'll just have to be one of the few who has an Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, and PC -- and actually sees the value of each platform without worrying about resolutions and frame rates.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

PS4 wins by a long shot. 360 is obviously the worst, but honestly the PS3 and the One are only a bit ahead of it. PS4 or bust.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Metal Gear Solid looks great on current-gen (er, "old gen") systems... Looks like I can delay my PS4 purchase a while longer.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

@SakusEnvoy said:

Metal Gear Solid looks great on current-gen (er, "old gen") systems... Looks like I can delay my PS4 purchase a while longer.

lol really? it looks SO much better on PS4. the resolution and frame-rate make a massive difference. It confirms that I will not be buying the game until I buy a PS4.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#139 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Gatman32 said:

@PinkieWinkie: I prefer the X1 controller, why is it stupid that I have my own preferences? Resolution is not a big deal to me at all, if I cared about that I would build a gaming PC.

Its stupid to them because they believe that their preference is "right". You do as you please since its your money and time.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#140 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@speedfog said:

PS3 vs PS4
PS3 vs PS4
360 vs Xbone
360 vs Xbone

Yeah you are right about the resolution. (not twice tough)

But take a look at those horrible launch titles for the PS3, and the multiplats to the last year. Bad textures and could not even upscale to 1080p lol.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Calling this a game is an insult to all gamers, Kojima can shove it up where the sun don't shine.