MGS GZ PS3/X360/X1/PS4 Comparison video

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

PS4 vs Xbone from GT video. LOL @ Xbone jaggies....

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#52 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

PS4 version is using special sky simulation tech according to Kojima. Xbone and last gen versions using regular last gen tech. Poor lems, the differences just keep piling up lol. So not only does the PS4 version run at higher res it has more effects and tech behind it, talk about getting Xboned.

this is kind of silly, I mean would anyone even realize without him saying so? Would your playing experience be hindered on PS4 is there was no sky simulation tech? The game is like two hours long, you're barely going to remember the sky, I would think.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@vashkey said:

@I_can_haz said:

PS4 version is using special sky simulation tech according to Kojima. Xbone and last gen versions using regular last gen tech. Poor lems, the differences just keep piling up lol. So not only does the PS4 version run at higher res it has more effects and tech behind it, talk about getting Xboned.

this is kind of silly, I mean would anyone even realize without him saying so? Would your playing experience be hindered on PS4 is there was no sky simulation tech? The game is like two hours long, you're barely going to remember the sky, I would think.

Speak for yourself. I plan to explore every single bit of MGS GZ and I will notice the difference. It may be a 2 hour experience for you but for an MGS fanatic like myself it could be 10 hours or more.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

There are over 160,000,000 of those paper-weights out there and the games sell all the same. You can call sit back and say Konami is foolish all you want, but the game is in development for those systems as we speak. And truth be told, those "paper weights" will likely sell more units of MGS5 than the new consoles.

I'm not sure why this is so tough for you to grasp. The game is already up and running on those systems. The engine is highly scalable. It would be idiotic to just cancel something that is already in production that can be sold into a MASSIVE install base.

Also, this isn't even close to the first time that a big game has been released for old consoles in the first year of a new gen. It actually happens all the time because there is more potential for high sales.

You seem to have this idea that the entire gaming world quits playing their consoles as soon as the new ones drop. It doesn't work that way at all.

there were 100 million ps2s,

and they cut that shit off 2007,

what would stop them from doing it again,

I think you are the one that has trouble accepting it,

devs and pubs are going to push em out this year,

there is no denying,

despite the numbers out there.

by your definition,

blu-ray shouldve been compatible with dvd players.

it just doesn't happen when new tech because it is non conducive.

Buddy, I reeeaaally don't think you're getting this.

The game is DEEP in production. They aren't just wrapping up GZ and moving on to TPP. TPP is already far in development. If this were pre-production I might be inclined to agree with you. It's not though. The game is in PLAYABLE form on last gen consoles. The mechanics are locked down. The engine is set. All they're doing now is creating content and polishing features. The core of the game is already set.

Basically, you're expecting Konami to just cut off their own legs. You expect them to scrap a game for the two largest install bases even though the hardest work has already been done. They've already tackled all the system specific issues. All they're doing now is creating content. Things that get built once, get brought into the engine and then get scaled to the target hardware. They already paid the price to get this game on PS360 and the rest is a breeze, but you expect them to just say "oh **** it, we don't want all that money"...

It makes ZERO sense.

Beyond all the obvious stuff I just spelled out for you, Konami has this game slated for those systems. You're literally the only person on the internet that thinks otherwise.

The rest of your post is pure nonsense and has nothing to do with this discussion.

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

@vashkey said:

@I_can_haz said:

If you look at the comparison pics, you'd be able to see that something is going on with the ps4 version.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

PS4 has exclusive atmosphere tech? Holy shit.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ConanTheStoner
@I_can_haz said:

@vashkey said:

@I_can_haz said:

Speak for yourself. I plan to explore every single bit of MGS GZ and I will notice the difference. It may be a 2 hour experience for you but for an MGS fanatic like myself it could be 10 hours or more.

I noticed the difference even from the video earlier. Everything else looked like typical sky boxes while the PS4 version looks like the daylight system (a physically based lighting system) used in Mental Ray (a cinematic renderer). This probably also explains why the lighting in the PS4 version looked more vibrant and accurate to the surrounding sky. It also means that we should get some really interesting color values coming through during sunrise and sunset on the PS4 version.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@killatwill15 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

There are over 160,000,000 of those paper-weights out there and the games sell all the same. You can call sit back and say Konami is foolish all you want, but the game is in development for those systems as we speak. And truth be told, those "paper weights" will likely sell more units of MGS5 than the new consoles.

I'm not sure why this is so tough for you to grasp. The game is already up and running on those systems. The engine is highly scalable. It would be idiotic to just cancel something that is already in production that can be sold into a MASSIVE install base.

Also, this isn't even close to the first time that a big game has been released for old consoles in the first year of a new gen. It actually happens all the time because there is more potential for high sales.

You seem to have this idea that the entire gaming world quits playing their consoles as soon as the new ones drop. It doesn't work that way at all.

there were 100 million ps2s,

and they cut that shit off 2007,

what would stop them from doing it again,

I think you are the one that has trouble accepting it,

devs and pubs are going to push em out this year,

there is no denying,

despite the numbers out there.

by your definition,

blu-ray shouldve been compatible with dvd players.

it just doesn't happen when new tech because it is non conducive.

The game is DEEP in production. They aren't just wrapping up GZ and moving on to TPP. TPP is already far in development. If this were pre-production I might be inclined to agree with you. It's not though. The game is in PLAYABLE form on last gen consoles. The mechanics are locked down. The engine is set. All they're doing now is creating content and polishing features. The core of the game is already set.

Basically, you're expecting Konami to just cut off their own legs. You expect them to scrap a game for the two largest install bases even though the hardest work has already been done. They've already tackled all the system specific issues. All they're doing now is creating content. Things that get built once, get brought into the engine and then get scaled to the target hardware. They already paid the price to get this game on PS360 and the rest is a breeze, but you expect them to just say "oh **** it, we don't want all that money"...

It makes ZERO sense.

Beyond all the obvious stuff I just spelled out for you, Konami has this game slated for those systems. You're literally the only person on the internet that thinks otherwise.

The rest of your post is pure nonsense and has nothing to do with this discussion.

sure it has been done before,

black ops was on wii.

no one was bitching black ops 2 wasn't on it.

its progress,

cutting their own legs off would be not releasing it at all.

and in case you didn't read my posts,

I said I was hopeful that they didn't waste the resources on ps360 ports,

that money could be better invested to the pc port or perfecting the ps4 xbone.

aliens was supposed to be on wii u,

not anymore, ports can be dropped, it happens.

as for the dvd/bluray analogy,

it was meant to inform you that maybe what lies ahead is worth the most attention,

as opposed to supporting the past.

anything else?

or do you wanna argue about an opinion some more?

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

While people are too busy spouting the same shit about XB1 and PS4, I'd like to point out how good the current-gen (or last-gen, if you want to be all technical) versions look. Seriously impressive stuff; Fox Engine is incredible. Looking forward to playing this on PS3.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ConanTheStoner

@killatwill15 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

It makes ZERO sense.

black ops was on wii.

its progress,

it was meant to inform you that maybe what lies ahead is worth the most attention,

anything else?

Good god man, are you just trolling?

WE ARE NOT ARGUING OPINIONS HERE. I'm stating facts and you're stating delusions. There is a huge difference.

I do understand what you're trying to say, but you're ignoring the obvious. I get that you would have hopes that resources could go to a PC version, or making the PS4/Xbone versions better. Trust me, I truly wish that were the case as well. I hate that the overall design and scope of MGS5 is limited to the capabilities of the PS360.. it sucks. But it's already done.

Let me make it very simple.

So a construction company builds 4 houses. 2 of them in the city, the other 2 out in the country. The framing, drywall, masonry, electrical, plumbing, roofing, etc.. is all there. All they lack is a coat of paint and some furnishings. While property value in the city is on steady decline, the two city homes can still make more money than the ones in the country.

Imagine how stupid it would be if the construction company decided to come in and just demolish those city homes... for no reason.

That's basically what you're expecting Konami to do with last gen versions of MGS5. They already got the worst part of development out of the way. They already invested in the PS360 versions. You're wishing that the investment would go somewhere else, but it's already far too late. The investment already happened long ago. From here on out they're just creating content. The content gets created ONCE and is then distributed to each version. There is no going back... do you understand? The only extra cost that the PS360 versions will bring at this point is individual bug fixes before launch.

And again, none of those examples you listed have anything to do with this. Aliens on Wii U is a completely different situations for extremely obvious reasons. As is your dvd/blu ray comparison.

And no, I don't want Konami supporting the past with this game. It's just the simple fact that they already did. You're hoping for something not to happen when the fact is it already happened long ago.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@I_can_haz said:

@vashkey said:

@I_can_haz said:

I noticed the difference even from the video earlier. Everything else looked like typical sky boxes while the PS4 version looks like the daylight system (a physically based lighting system) used in Mental Ray (a cinematic renderer). This probably also explains why the lighting in the PS4 version looked more vibrant and accurate to the surrounding sky. It also means that we should get some really interesting color values coming through during sunrise and sunset on the PS4 version.

I can agree for the most part but just to be clear, while they may be similar in practice there is no way it will be as robust as the MR Daylight System with MR sun and MR sky. That system would break the PS4. You would be playing this game at 1 frame per every 2 minutes at best.

I'm not saying they can't cheat the effect well. It just won't be the same exact system if that's what you're inferring.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

While people are too busy spouting the same shit about XB1 and PS4, I'd like to point out how good the current-gen (or last-gen, if you want to be all technical) versions look. Seriously impressive stuff; Fox Engine is incredible. Looking forward to playing this on PS3.

There is no way I could play this on any other platform after seeing the PS4 version, but I do agree. They're pulling off a phenomenal job with such dated hardware, especially so on the PS3. After what they managed to pull off with MGS3 on the PS2 though, I'm not entirely surprised.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@sandbox3d said:

@ConanTheStoner said:
@I_can_haz said:

@vashkey said:

@I_can_haz said:

I can agree for the most part but just to be clear, while they may be similar in practice there is no way it will be as robust as the MR Daylight System with MR sun and MR sky. That system would break the PS4. You would be playing this game at 1 frame per every 2 minutes at best.

I'm not saying they can't cheat the effect well. It just won't be the same exact system if that's what you're inferring.

Oh well yeah man. From what I understand the Mental Ray daylight system is all cpu based anyways and obviously the Fox Engine isn't Mental Ray lol.

Still cool as hell either way! So glad I don't have to settle for one of the other versions.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Am I the only one who's wishing next-gen versions looked a little better compared to 360/ps3?

nope, next gen version just barely looks better than the previous gen.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

The PS4 is probably using a modified version of that sky tech. It's way to weak to run the full sky tech most likely.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By super600  Moderator

The comparision video is really terrible. I could tell the differences between all the versions of the game easily,but the video quality was terrible on the two sites I watched this video on.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@super600 said:

The comparision video is really terrible. I could tell the differences between all the versions of the game easily,but the video quality was terrible on the two sites I watched this video on.

http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@killatwill15 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

It makes ZERO sense.

black ops was on wii.

its progress,

anything else?

Good god man, are you just trolling?

WE ARE NOT ARGUING OPINIONS HERE. I'm stating facts and you're stating delusions. There is a huge difference.

I do understand what you're trying to say, but you're ignoring the obvious. I get that you would have hopes that resources could go to a PC version, or making the PS4/Xbone versions better. Trust me, I truly wish that were the case as well. I hate that the overall design and scope of MGS5 is limited to the capabilities of the PS360.. it sucks. But it's already done.

Let me make it very simple.

So a construction company builds 4 houses. 2 of them in the city, the other 2 out in the country. The framing, drywall, masonry, electrical, plumbing, roofing, etc.. is all there. All they lack is a coat of paint and some furnishings. While property value in the city is on steady decline, the two city homes can still make more money than the ones in the country.

Imagine how stupid it would be if the construction company decided to come in and just demolish those city homes... for no reason.

That's basically what you're expecting Konami to do with last gen versions of MGS5. They already got the worst part of development out of the way. They already invested in the PS360 versions. You're wishing that the investment would go somewhere else, but it's already far too late. The investment already happened long ago. From here on out they're just creating content. The content gets created ONCE and is then distributed to each version. There is no going back... do you understand? The only extra cost that the PS360 versions will bring at this point is individual bug fixes before launch.

And again, none of those examples you listed have anything to do with this. Aliens on Wii U is a completely different situations for extremely obvious reasons. As is your dvd/blu ray comparison.

And no, I don't want Konami supporting the past with this game. It's just the simple fact that they already did. You're hoping for something not to happen when the fact is it already happened long ago.

whats so delusional about it,

I never explicitly said they are going to do it,

I said they should.

and that analogy you described is basically detroit

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By super600  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner said:

@super600 said:

http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

That one is a slight improvement, but it's still terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

In addition to the ps4 having a 50% more powerful gpu in raw teraflops, the xbox one is *severely* bottlenecked by its 16 ROPS (vs double that in the ps4), slow ddr3 memory and not nearly enough embedded memory for the gpu to use. The dev tools seem to be rough too. In addition, the ps4 has a big gpgpu advantage, which probably explains why the ps4 version will have some exclusive weather rendering over the already pathetic xbox one version.

Ps4 and xbox one are about as far apart as the ps2 and xbox were if I had to make a comparison, and as this game shows compared to launch games, the gap will grow and grow. Ps4 has nowhere to go but up thanks to its gpgpu capability's, and xbox will keep lagging behind throughout the generation.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ConanTheStoner

@super600:

@super600 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@super600 said:

Super, it doesn't get much better than that man. What the hell are you watching it on, a potato?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 super600  Moderator

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@super600 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@super600 said:

I really think you're just lying to yourself at this point. It's o.k to be upset when things don't go your way, seriously.

Like I said.I can easily tell the differences, but the video quality is not that great for either video.The second site is better, but not amazing.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@super600:

@super600 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@super600 said:

Super, it doesn't get much better than that man. What the hell are you watching it on, a potato?

Now the only question is which one offers 1080p.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

Wow, it's actually shocking how little the Xbone version improves on the Xbox 360 version. Dat 720p tho...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ConanTheStoner

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Now the only question is which ones offer HD.

lol...

Relevant.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ReadingRainbow4

@ConanTheStoner said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Now the only question is which ones offer HD.

lol...

Relevant.

lmao., oh man..

I think I can count to potato now, thanks.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Everyone seems to be overlooking the Xbone versions big advantage. It'll be more stealthy since enemies can't see you in that muddy mess.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Two things clearly can be noticed on the PS4 version, the sky looks more realistic and the shaky camera effect while running in the last section of the video was different and looked "shakier" for a lack of a better word.

What I am trying to say the PS4 clearly has some special features to itself.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Well i have no idea how Kojima can be so open about these differences, but i guess its the honest thing to do

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

Well i have no idea how Kojima can be so open about these differences, but i guess its the honest thing to do

Better than bullshitting people about their product until release date like those other companies do.

I don't know why the **** the gaming industry is the only industry pulling this shit? I mean if I wanted to buy a new phone or a car or any electronics the specs and all information is offered for me to compare and choose what I like the most but when it comes to games it's all about lying to the consumer.

You want the full specs of the Xbone, the PS4, PS3, 360, PS2, Xbox or the Wii U you can't have them, you want the full info about the resolution of specific game you can't get that and what makes it worse is the media, they are fucking pussies, only Eurogamer is bringing the real deal with specs of shit like that and sometimes they are also wrong or defend certain aspects of games just so they please Microsoft or Sony in their comparisons.

Why hide all of this stuff from the consumer? And why certain media defend such bullshit like that?

The PS4 is clearly the better hardware but damn how many times did I see kissing ass from the media for Microsoft. How many times did I read developers hiding their resolution and frame rates from the public before release just to maximize sales?

Let us decide what is best by being transparent.

In the movie industry the media is separate from studios who produce these movies, same goes with tech and cars, the media there doesn't give a shit if your new product is the shiniest but the weakest of the bunch, same thing does not apply to the gaming industry.

End of rant.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@edwardecl said:

Nice comparison video... this is how all developers should present their games so customers can make their choice on which version to buy.

I absolutely agree. Comparison videos as they are usually presented generally accomplish little more than giving the viewer a headache. This sort of presentation actually makes comparing the different versions much easier, which is what most comparison videos are supposed achieve but seldom do.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@ProjectPat187 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

Am I the only one who's wishing next-gen versions looked a little better compared to 360/ps3?

nope, next gen version just barely looks better than the previous gen.

Its still early in the gen. This is how it always is. There are games out now that show a big difference between the gens. And year from now there will be a huge gap.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@blamix99 said:

damn the PS4 is so sexy..

Beyond stunning really and the clear choice of what version to buy and play.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

Difference look subtle at best, judging by pictures. but as we have learned by comparison between crappy console versions and PCs running at maximum settings, it is really hard to judge by side-by-side video footage and even side-by-side screenshot comparisons.

Once you have it on your big screen, you'll easily discern the huge difference between 720p and 1080p video.

So even the difference PS4 vs X1 will be significant, in practice.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

MICROpenisthatsalwaysSOFT really fucked up this generation. Damn.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

The damage is strong in this one.

Not only the PS4 is running at 1080P but it also has dynamic sky!

I don't think FoxBatAlpha, kuu2, Blackace, StormyJoe or MrXboxOne can damage control this.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Well I have all the consoles, and if I didnt have any of the currentgen consoles, I would not mind playing this on my PS3. But the PS4 is the clear winner here.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@HAZE-Unit: I am not in disagreement with you but you have to realize that developers especially for a studio like Kojima/Konami, the roses are not laid out. Trying to harm your own sales is a bad business decision, but the ethics would be letting the consumer knowing everything isnt it or in some cases there could be a balance

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#91  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

MGSV is a last gen game, the graphics are not current gen. PS4 just runs it at 1080/60 which is something you will notice a lot when playing on a nice 1080p tv.

Current gen graphics are The Order 1886.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
@KillzoneSnake said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

MGSV is a last gen game, the graphics are not current gen. PS4 just runs it at 1080/60 which is something you will notice a lot when playing on a nice 1080p tv.

The order looks like a more post processed Naughty dog game on the PS3, the textures are shit, there's fog everywhere (yes I know the setting, but it still hides detail) and isn't using deferred rendering, it uses forward rendering like Naughty dog's games on Ps3.

MGS5 is way more impressive, though yes it's still cross gen

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

Look at the ground of the Xbone version compared to the PS4. The PS4 version has way more detail. That $499 + tax + $59 live yo.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ReadingRainbow4

@Chozofication said:
@KillzoneSnake said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

The order looks like a more post processed Naughty dog game on the PS3, the textures are shit, there's fog everywhere (yes I know the setting, but it still hides detail) and isn't using deferred rendering, it uses forward rendering like Naughty dog's games on Ps3.

yeah I agree, MGS5 on the ps4 is definitely the most impressive console game I've seen yet for me, especially considering it's open world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Chozofication said:
@KillzoneSnake said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

yeah I agree, MGS5 on the ps4 is definitely the most impressive console game I've seen yet for me, especially considering it's open world.

1080p60fps and the very detailed physical based rendering.. definitely a next gen game graphics at least.

That's a big new thing for this generation, textures, objects and lighting based on real world objects that will look almost real.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Xbone version and X360 version look virtually the same

Quad version>>>>>>>

Playerpat0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Playerpat0
Member since 2004 • 1698 Posts

Clearly Kojima didn't give a rats ass about the xbox one game. The PS4 is more powerful but come on guys… it is not that far behind. BF4 shows us that it is not that far behind.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@vashkey said:

@I_can_haz said:

Why are you upset?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@Playerpat0 said:

Clearly Kojima didn't give a rats ass about the xbox one game. The PS4 is more powerful but come on guys… it is not that far behind. BF4 shows us that it is not that far behind.

BF4 is lastgen 720p on xbone too and runs like 10fps slower..lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@Playerpat0 said:

Dice probably had to spend more time on the Xbox one version because of how lacking the console is, i'm sure less time was spent on the Ps4 version and even then it's 900p vs 720p and 10fps or more ahead. iirc the Ps4 version was the buggier of the two as well.

I wouldn't use that turd BF4 as a metric anyways, and to be fair COD ghosts either.

Speaking of MGS it's not like The Xbox one version is exactly the same as the 360/ps3, it's 720p vs sub HD, with cleaned up detail from the current gen versions and it at least targets 60fps even if it's not locked like Ps4. When an Xbox one game is either 60fps or 1080p expect to see a lot of cutbacks.