Mass Effect 2 Official Thread 96@MC -KEEP IT HERE- ***Poll added!***

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

• Available: January 26 2010
  • Platform:Xbox 360, Windows PC
  • Players: 1
  • Publisher: EA
  • Developer: BioWare
  • ESRB Rating: M

About the game

Mass Effect 2 is the sequel to BioWare's hit space-based role-playing game (RPG), Mass Effect. A single player adventure, Mass Effect 2 allows players to continue the adventures of the fully customizable series hero Commander Shepard, as you take on a whole new adventure and a new cast of supporting characters. Additional new features include the ability to import game save files from the original Mass Effect game to continue the adventure in an unbroken fashion, a new damage system, a new, more flexible dialogue game mechanic and more.

Overview

Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.

To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy's most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong.

Features List

• Prepare for a suicide mission to save humanity
  • Choose between 19 different weapons
  • Devastating heavy weapons (that) can end a battle in seconds
  • Recruit a team of the galaxy's most dangerous operatives
  • Explore the galaxy — scan planets to uncover unique secret missions
  • Train and equip your team to survive insurmountable odds
  • Control your conversation with physical moments of intense action

Cerberus Network Announced

Collector's Edition

Ultimate Mass Effect 2 Experience. The vast universe of Mass Effect 2 gets even bigger with this limited-run Collectors' Edition packed with unique collectibles and bonus in-game content. This is the must-have edition of every fan of this groundbreaking franchise.

Boxart (Front)

Boxart (Back)

Trailers

Debut Teaser

E3 09: Extended Trailer

GC 09: Omega Trailer

The Dirty Dozen Teaser

Cinematic Trailer

Launch Trailer :shock::shock::shock:

On The Spot Tour on the Normandy :shock:

Red Carpet Trailer :shock:

CIasses

Adept

Sentinel

Engineer

Infiltrator

Vanguard

Soldier

Dev Diaries / Interviews

Exclusive Reveal Dev Diary

Enemies Developer Diary

GC 09: Ray Muzyka Interview

PAX 09: Mac Walters Interview

Upgrades Interview

CES 10: Trilogy Story Interview

The Stars of Mass Effect 2 Featurette

N7 Developer Diary

Party Members

Subject Zero

Tali

Samara

Miranda

Mordin

Thane

Grunt

Sci vs Fi Exclusive GT Doc

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Official Xbox Magazine (9.5/10)

Mass Effect 2 overcomes its few gameplay weaknesses with a fantastic weave of dynamic combat, lavish presentation, and engaging character and weapon customization. But for all the myriad improvements that make Mass Effect 2's visuals so appealing and its combat so exhilarating, it's ultimately the way it moves us that makes it so memorable.

PC Gamer UK (9.0/10)

Xbox 360 Magazine UK (10/10)

Both an astonishing RPG and confident shooter, Mass Effect 2 is daring, shocking and often awe-inspiring in its use of choice. This is the future of storytelling in videogames.

GamesTM (10/10)

Despite all of the ways Mass Effect 2 is more engaging to play and explore, after 35 remarkable hours it was the characters that stayed with us… Game of the year in January? Oh, go on then.

IGN (9.6/10)

Games like Mass Effect 2 don't come around often enough. Look at any aspect and you can be sure it's great. It's incredibly personal while still retaining a sense of epic sweeping scale. The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition. Perhaps most impressively, Mass Effect 2 manages to fulfill its incredible ambition while only suffering from very few technical hiccups.

IGN AU (9.3/10)

Mass Effect 2's greatest strength once again falls upon the beauty of its universe and the carefully interwoven character dramas underpinning the action. It's a fascinating and hugely enjoyable experience that serves not only as a reminder of how wide the valley between a 'great and an 'excellent' game actually is, but why BioWare is still one of the most vital and important developers out there today.

Nowgamer (9.8/10)

Mass Effect 2 displays some inconsequential flaws during its third act, granted, but in all other ways what we have here is a piece of entertainment that penetrates the line between gaming and cinema like no other, while simultaneously representing the finest blend of shooting and role-playing we've seen this generation. A gorgeous experience and a staggering achievement.

Gamespot (9/10)

Mass Effect 2 is the kind of game that you return to, not just because it's fun to play multiple times, but also because its universe is a place you wish you could call home.

Eurogamer (10/10)

In a generation of great RPGs, those accomplishments are magnificent individually but superlative in concert. Even so, perhaps BioWare's greatest success in Mass Effect 2 has been taking a complex RPG and making it effortless to understand, play and enjoy on a constant basis, because it has done this in a manner that should prove utterly essential to veterans and newcomers alike, and more than enough to suggest Mass Effect 3 will be the most important game in BioWare's history.

IGN UK (9.2/10)

On most levels it's hard to fault Mass Effect 2; this is a sequel that polishes many of the original's faults, tightening the combat and turning the screw on Shepard in the fight to save humanity with an impressive flair. Those already in thrall to BioWare's magic will fall in love all over again with a game that's got the sweep and stagger of the very best sci-fi epics.

GamesRadar (10/10)

It's the way that Mass Effect 2 expands upon the narrative established in the first game that marks a true breakthrough for interactive storytelling.

GameSpy (5/5)

Mass Effect 2 strikes a perfect balance between intense shooter action and gut-wrenching drama, set in a richly textured world on the brink of destruction. It's a must-own for science fiction fans, who will love exploring the depths of the galaxy and fighting to save humanity.

Gametrailers (9.7/10)

There's just so much here to experience, and it's all uniformly excellent in execution. BioWare has delivered on its promise to let us affect this massive world through our actions, and you can bet that we'll be playing this one through several times in anticipation of how it all pans out.

More reviews: Metacritic

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#2 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
AAA! I'm going to go out on a limb and hype it 9.5.
SolarEclipze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolarEclipze
Member since 2009 • 214 Posts
little early dont you think? :P Awesome job though, this game will be epic! :D
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
3 days later in the UK :( DAMN YOU!
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts
finally the official thread STICKY PLEASE!!! AND this one is so getting AAAAAAX :3 for me atleats !
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

ME 2 OFFICIAL thread or HYPE thread? :P

And Im hyping AAA, looks great.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]3 days later in the UK :( DAMN YOU!

Avoid SW at all costs! I know I will until I finish my first playthrough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-63f6895020e66
AAA! I'm going to go out on a limb and hype it 9.5.SparkyProtocol
Nine...point...FIVE!! :o Ladies and gentlemen, this man got it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63f6895020e66

little early dont you think? :P Awesome job though, this game will be epic! :DSolarEclipze
Thanks, and yes, it will be :D
ME 2 OFFICIAL thread or HYPE thread? :P Shirokishi_
Both!

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
Well constructed thread. AAA for Mass Effect 2
padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

hope it arrives here at day 1, cant wait to play.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]3 days later in the UK :( DAMN YOU!

Your story may be different to mine :P But for real, doesn't mean people will start spoiling the game, but some will maybe on purpose.
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#13 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

I made a thread too!!!!

This one is cozy too though :)

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SparkyProtocol

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]AAA! I'm going to go out on a limb and hype it 9.5.IronBass
Nine...point...FIVE!! :o Ladies and gentlemen, this man got it.

I'm assuming you're Pre-Ordering from Amazon. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-63f6895020e66
I'm assuming you're Pre-Ordering from Amazon. ;)SparkyProtocol
Haha, yes I am. Your detective skillz don't disappoint.
ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

*Hides under cover and hurls biotics at enemies.* Hehehe. :D

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]3 days later in the UK :( DAMN YOU!

Your story may be different to mine :P But for real, doesn't mean people will start spoiling the game, but some will maybe on purpose.

Did you let the Council live or die? I let them die. I'm neutral that leans on the Paragon side.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]I'm assuming you're Pre-Ordering from Amazon. ;)IronBass

I'm reserving from GS for their armor and gun. The Terminus armor will fit my Vanguard well. Well, I'm still debating between Van and Infiltrator, but I'm leaning towards the former.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Avoid SW at all costs! I know I will until I finish my first playthrough.SparkyProtocol

Did you let the Council live or die? I let them die. I'm neutral that leans on the Paragon side.

Die... I think. I needed to get the job done so I screwed them over.

Just like that **** Ashley. She never knew when to STFU lol. I didn't save her :lol:

SolarEclipze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolarEclipze
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]I'm assuming you're Pre-Ordering from Amazon. ;)SparkyProtocol

I'm reserving from GS for their armor and gun. The Terminus armor will fit my Vanguard well. Well, I'm still debating between Van and Infiltrator, but I'm leaning towards the former.

im going for infiltrator the first time :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]I'm assuming you're Pre-Ordering from Amazon. ;)SparkyProtocol

Nah, I'm going the casual route and playing the first time as a soldier. Woot, shooters ftw.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SparkyProtocol

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Your story may be different to mine :P But for real, doesn't mean people will start spoiling the game, but some will maybe on purpose.SaltyMeatballs

Just like that **** Ashley. She never knew when to STFU lol. I didn't save her :lol:

I let that **** die too. She can believe whatever she wants, but she hates aliens. :( I think I told her that her dad isn't watching over her just to piss her off. Did you elect Anderson?

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SparkyProtocol

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="IronBass"] Haha, yes I am. Your detective skillz don't disappoint. IronBass

Nah, I'm going the casual route and playing the first time as a soldier. Woot, shooters ftw.

Bu-bu-but Vanguard can tackle the **** out of you. :(

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

I'm starting my Mass Effect playthrough later today hopefully. ^_^

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SparkyProtocol
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopBackofbox.aspx?Product_ID=74058 zomg the back of the box!!!!!!
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
Can't wait! Definitely getting it first day! :D I'm hyping 9.5. Yeah I called it.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Did you let the Council live or die? I let them die. I'm neutral that leans on the Paragon side.SparkyProtocol

I let that **** die too. She can believe whatever she wants, but she hates aliens. :( I think I told her that her dad isn't watching over her just to piss her off. Did you elect Anderson?

Yeah. Did you slap that reporter who asks for an interview? Biatch slapped, if not it's on youtube.
SolarEclipze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolarEclipze
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]

Did you let the Council live or die? I let them die. I'm neutral that leans on the Paragon side.SparkyProtocol

lol, i think everybody let her die lol, she met her demise in my game as well :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Bu-bu-but Vanguard can tackle the **** out of you. :(SparkyProtocol
Soldiers can use all the weapons and all the ammo types :o They can freeze, burn, etc with 19 different weapons. Mwahahaha.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Die... I think. I needed to get the job done so I screwed them over.

SaltyMeatballs

Yeah. Did you slap that reporter who asks for an interview? Biatch slapped, if not it's on youtube.

No, silly. I decked her in the faced. (is femsheps different?)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-63f6895020e66
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/PopBackofbox.aspx?Product_ID=74058 zomg the back of the box!!!!!!SparkyProtocol
Nice! I'm gonna add it to the OP asap.
akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Die... I think. I needed to get the job done so I screwed them over.

SaltyMeatballs

I did on one play through but on the latest play though I answered all her questions.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SparkyProtocol

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Bu-bu-but Vanguard can tackle the **** out of you. :(IronBass
Soldiers can use all the weapons and all the ammo types :o They can freeze, burn, etc with 19 different weapons. Mwahahaha.

Bu-bu-but Vanguard can freeze you then tackle the **** out of you. :(

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] I let that **** die too. She can believe whatever she wants, but she hates aliens. :( I think I told her that her dad isn't watching over her just to piss her off. Did you elect Anderson?

SparkyProtocol

No, silly. I decked her in the faced. (is femsheps different?)

Yeah, I just watched it back, now I remember why it was so funny at the time. I doubt it's different for "femsheps"

ChaltierX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChaltierX
Member since 2009 • 1128 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Bu-bu-but Vanguard can tackle the **** out of you. :(SparkyProtocol

Bu-bu-but Vanguard can freeze you then tackle the **** out of you. :(

And Adepts can send enemies flying through the air. :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Bu-bu-but Vanguard can freeze you then tackle the **** out of you. :(SparkyProtocol
Soldiers can use mini nukes :D
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chiddaling
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Bu-bu-but Vanguard can tackle the **** out of you. :(IronBass

I'm with you. I was Soldier in ME1. And I'll do the same in ME2.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"]Bu-bu-but Vanguard can freeze you then tackle the **** out of you. :(IronBass
Soldiers can use mini nukes :D

And my Vanguard can't?
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chiddaling
Hm, does it matter I didn't elect anyone at the end of the game? I simply said "I Don't Care".
the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts
*CHARGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BROOOOOOOOOOOm POOFFFFFFFFF*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-63f6895020e66
I'm with you. I was Soldier in ME1. And I'll do the same in ME2.Chiddaling
Being soldier is win. If you have Liara and Tali (and put the special power options in "Manual") you can manage the three classes. The best of what ME has to offer, the weapons, the biotics and the engineer powers :D
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I'm goin balls to the wall and sayin 9.5

Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chiddaling
[QUOTE="Chiddaling"] I'm with you. I was Soldier in ME1. And I'll do the same in ME2.IronBass
Being soldier is win. If you have Liara and Tali (and put the special power options in "Manual") you can manage the three classes. The best of what ME has to offer, the weapons, the biotics and the engineer powers :D

I had Liara and Garrus. I thought Garrus was pretty weak, but he looked badass so I just kept him along. :P I feel kind of bad now that Wrex is...gone. :( But yeah, Soldiers are definitely win. :)
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SparkyProtocol
Hm, does it matter I didn't elect anyone at the end of the game? I simply said "I Don't Care".Chiddaling
It'll be chosen at random. Did you let the council live or die? If you let them die and Uldina represents humanity then I can see a "fourth Reich" happening.
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chiddaling
[QUOTE="Chiddaling"]Hm, does it matter I didn't elect anyone at the end of the game? I simply said "I Don't Care".SparkyProtocol
It'll be chosen at random. Did you let the council live or die? If you let them die and Uldina represents humanity then I can see a "fourth Reich" happening.

I let that council die! :x All I wanted was to get the Sovereign :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-63f6895020e66
And my Vanguard can't?SparkyProtocol
I'm not sure. But I think not. :(
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] And my Vanguard can't?IronBass
I'm not sure. But I think not. :(

No, I wanted to use the black hole gun!!!!!!!!!
SolarEclipze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SolarEclipze
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="Chiddaling"] I'm with you. I was Soldier in ME1. And I'll do the same in ME2.Chiddaling

I had Liara and Garrus. I thought Garrus was pretty weak, but he looked badass so I just kept him along. :P I feel kind of bad now that Wrex is...gone. :( But yeah, Soldiers are definitely win. :)

lol, wrex lived in my game :P
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chiddaling
I loved using Singularity. I hardly got to use it though. I unlocked it so late in the game. :(