Madden only 30FPS on PS3 - Who's fault is it?

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Peter Moore now works at EA, so expect to PS3 to get shafted by EA a lot now.no_submission
and don't forget about the Snorks and the Russian mafia funding Game dev unions in the fight to ensure that devs get more time off effectivley crippling PS3 multiplat developement.
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

I have seen those games yes, but even if the PS3 is hard to program on, why not take time to learn, it's not like EA will go bankrupt if they take a few extra months to learn how the damn thing works, and I don't see Madden being sort of an obligation to publish so fast instead of taking a few months to develop it, bad sports titles have been an issue EA has dealt with for a while, I think:)

DeadMan1290

It probably wouldn't hurt if they spent another month or two on the game but the longer the spend on 08 the longer they'd be delaying 09. Plus 30 FPS is acceptable, it's not like the game is entirely unplayable and both versions probably have the same features.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#153 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

I have seen those games yes, but even if the PS3 is hard to program on, why not take time to learn, it's not like EA will go bankrupt if they take a few extra months to learn how the damn thing works, and I don't see Madden being sort of an obligation to publish so fast instead of taking a few months to develop it, bad sports titles have been an issue EA has dealt with for a while, I think:)

thirstychainsaw

It probably wouldn't hurt if they spent another month or two on the game but the longer the spend on 08 the longer they'd be delaying 09. Plus 30 FPS is acceptable, it's not like the game is entirely unplayable and both versions probably have the same features.

I know but I'm just trying to debate here with the Cows that are whining about PS3 version running at 30 FPS, which I might add, they make it sound like it's the Apocalypse:lol:

dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
Sonys crap dev tools + Sh*tty coding. Bioshock just upped the bar big time on graphics and gameplay. But thats for another thread. :lol:
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#156 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]:lol: These conspiracy theories get funnier every day!So Peter Moore joins EA Sports a month (maybe 2)before the game is set to be released and that's enough time to change enough of the game's code to make it run slower on the PS3? BS. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version of Madden 08 was announced to be slower before he even joined the company.But keep the conspiracy theories coming.They're hilariousDualshockin
The harsh reality is,the announcement that Madden would run twice as fast on the 360,seemed a little too suspicious. Here's another conspiracy theory: EA picked up Moore because they're coming out with their own console sometime next year ;)

If EA made their own Console I'd steer clear of it. Because it was be a sports console, something i play very little of: Sports on a game system. You guys ack like Peter Moore just out of the blue jumped on the E3 band wagon. I'm sure their was months in not a year of talk before his jump. And if you don't think Individual people keep ties with their previous employers and hurt the competition your an idiot. Not You dualshockin, just who ever thinks that this isn't a connection.

You watch the next 2 years of EA titles will sway now for the 360 in content or graphics or just design and framerates that sorta thing. Just watch.

If I was in Moores shoe's I'd do the exact same thing. If I was lead Sony head and jumped with Midway, I'd make sure Midway games on the PS3 got more attention in my budge and were superior to the 360 version. Its just life and how people play.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#157 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts
[QUOTE="ramey70"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="ramey70"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]Who's fault is it?ImagineGamer

why did you have your Biased Comments and opinions to the vote, it's obviously the Devs fault, not cause they Favor the 360 Dev kit, but because they had and made madden 07 Years earlier, and ported it to PS# now this Madden is still using that ENgine, i wouldn't be so biased and say it's cause they favor 360 dev kits, they had it way before the PS3 dev kit, obviously they "Had to" make the game on the 360 kits

it's a game is 30fps on PS3 and 60fps on 360, i'd say it's sony's fault for giving devs crap to work with

By that logic, is it also your opinion then that Microsoft was "giving crap to the developers" since Madden 06 and 07 ran at 30fps on the 360?

it didnt have competitions back then :|

So you're saying Microsoft wont give developers what they need unless they feel threatened by competition?

when 2 console compete, the superior version of the game usually end up on the better console, wouldnt you agree?

no, Xbox 1 had the better multiplats last gen too, but that didn't matter, 30fps is very Playable, it

s not slow, 60fps is a luxury. the only differanbce Bettween Xbox 360 Madden 08 and PS3 Madden o8 is your be playing Madden 08 for the PS3, While Xbox owners wait for there systems to get back, i'll take 30fps anyday over 2 to 3 weeks

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts

buh buh buh teh cell!!!

120fps pffff...keep dreaming cows

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#159 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

Sonys crap dev tools + Sh*tty coding. Bioshock just upped the bar big time on graphics and gameplay. But thats for another thread. :lol:dracolich666

You can't be serious. I can name 100 FPS that have better graphics then Bioshock. It looks like Doom 3. Now gameplay yea, it looks great.

HSYOON_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 HSYOON_1
Member since 2003 • 911 Posts

[QUOTE="dracolich666"]Sonys crap dev tools + Sh*tty coding. Bioshock just upped the bar big time on graphics and gameplay. But thats for another thread. :lol:caseypayne69

You can't be serious. I can name 100 FPS that have better graphics then Bioshock. It looks like Doom 3. Now gameplay yea, it looks great.

are you serious??? you cannot judge Bioshock from screenshots and internet clips. once you see it in motion before your very eyes, you will not be comparing to Doom 3 or the other 100 FPS games.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Who's fault is it?ImagineGamer

Obviously the devs. PS3 is more than capable of handling a Madden game at 60 FPS.

:lol: at everyone blaming Sony for this. Devs knew PS3 was going to be a challenge to develop for. EA (as usual) is just rushing Madden out the door. They have no incentive to make the game 60 FPS on PS3. The game sells year after year at full price with basically a few tweaks and a stupid roster update. People who were planning on getting Madden will get it no matter what. And that = casuals who don't give a crap about FPS for the most part.

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts

[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]Who's fault is it?AvIdGaMeR444

Obviously the devs. PS3 is more than capable of handling a Madden game at 60 FPS.

:lol: at everyone blaming Sony for this. Devs knew PS3 was going to be a challenge to develop for. EA (as usual) is just rushing Madden out the door. They have no incentive to make the game 60 FPS on PS3. The game sells year after year at full price with basically a few tweaks and a stupid roster update. People who were planning on getting Madden will get it no matter what. And that = casuals who don't give a crap about FPS for the most part.

PS3 = 30FPS
360 = 60FPS

guess what, its sony's fault for giving devs crap to work with

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

Well, according to most Lemmings, it's 100% the PS3's fault and this "proves" its an inferior console. Yeah...good logic huh? :roll:

RotaryRX7

Good post. I guess Madden was 60 fps last year and the year before? Sheesh. But whatever, I'm debating giving my money to an inferior version just because I love football that much :(.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 CyanX73
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]Who's fault is it?ImagineGamer

PS3 = 30FPS
360 = 60FPS

Everything I've seen shows Sony going above and beyond trying to show devs how to work the PS3. Can you give a link where Tiburon says they didn't get the needed help from Sony?

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 CyanX73

[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]Who's fault is it?AvIdGaMeR444

Can't it just equal really hardcore football fans :? ?

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#166 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
Its the Devs fault, Call of Duty 4 runs at 60 FPS on the PS3 but there putting effort into it, IW isnt as lazy as EA apperently.
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 ImagineGamer
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]Who's fault is it?CyanX73

PS3 = 30FPS
360 = 60FPS

Everything I've seen shows Sony going above and beyond trying to show devs how to work the PS3. Can you give a link where Tiburon says they didn't get the needed help from Sony?

way to avoid the truth and go off topic :roll:

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 adriancostin83
it's not the devs fault!!! i mean why shoud they work harder to make the same game for ps3? it's sony's fault couse teh cell is so hard to develop for...
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 ImagineGamer

it's not the devs fault!!! i mean why shoud they work harder to make the same game for ps3? it's sony's fault couse teh cell is so hard to develop for...adriancostin83

bu-but teh hidden potentials :cry:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#170 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
I think its Nintendo's! They are trying to cause a console war. Dang Nintendo!
dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]

[QUOTE="dracolich666"]Sonys crap dev tools + Sh*tty coding. Bioshock just upped the bar big time on graphics and gameplay. But thats for another thread. :lol:HSYOON_1

are you serious??? you cannot judge Bioshock from screenshots and internet clips. once you see it in motion before your very eyes, you will not be comparing to Doom 3 or the other 100 FPS games.

Yup played the demo 7 times and jesus it looks great. Best looking game to date IMHO.

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 adriancostin83

[QUOTE="adriancostin83"]it's not the devs fault!!! i mean why shoud they work harder to make the same game for ps3? it's sony's fault couse teh cell is so hard to develop for...ImagineGamer

bu-but teh hidden potentials :cry:

u heard phil...WAIT!:P

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts

The easy way is to blame the developers, thats the new excuse here..-wii60-

correct me if im wrong, but arent developers the ones that makes games?? so wouldnt it be logical to blame them for making bad games??

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

Well, according to most Lemmings, it's 100% the PS3's fault and this "proves" its an inferior console. Yeah...good logic huh? :roll:

CyanX73

Good post. I guess Madden was 60 fps last year and the year before? Sheesh. But whatever, I'm debating giving my money to an inferior version just because I love football that much :(.

im still getting it for the ps3 because i love football too. i would like to know TC why madden 06 and 07 ran at 30 fps for 360??

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts
since when did EA become a qualified developer??!?!?! If i'm not mistaken, haven't EA had only two successful next-gen titles (NBA Street;Homecourt, which only released on next-gen consoles and Fight Night;R3)??!?!?! What about Epic??!?!?! what about Konami??!?!?! C'mon lemm, can't you come up with a better developer than EA??!?!!? Let's not forget that the 360 was getting shafted by EA in their 1st initial year and now all of a sudden, since madden is 60fps on the 360 and 30fps on the ps3, EA is golden??!?!?!?!?!? are yall lemmings that desperate??!?!?!?!?!???!!!!!