Madden only 30FPS on PS3 - Who's fault is it?

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.Redfingers
The bigger question is why would anyone buy DWG?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]Microsoft spokesmen Peter Moore is now the President of EA sports. Enough said.Riverwolf007

:lol: now EA's biased as well?

No,but if you believe Peter Moores new position at EA has no whatsoever effect on the future multi-plat games,then you're in for a surprise.

That's your problem, 360 owners are fine with Moore in an executive position at EA. Someday the PS3 will catch up in quality and on that day I will start buying the PS3 versions of multiplats. Until then my $60 is going towards 360 titles. So far my PS3's biggest contribution to my entertainment has been as a HD upscaler for PS2 titles.

I wonder why they have no problem with him being at EA ;) ?
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]Microsoft spokesmen Peter Moore is now the President of EA sports. Enough said.Dualshockin

No,but if you believe Peter Moores new position at EA has no whatsoever effect on the future multi-plat games,then you're in for a surprise.

cows always find excuses for PS3's failure :lol:

If you believe stating an obvious fact is an excuse,then you clearly have little knowledge of the industry.

you think Moore made the PS3 version inferior? :?

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
It is definitely the dev's fault. If someone can't figure out how to put together a popular model, reguardless of the given instructions, whos fault is it? The model company who makes billions off its successful model lines, and everyone else can make great models with the given instructions, or the consumers fault, for not trying/reading the instructions?

It's not like Sony just says "hey, develop for us". Game companies make that choice, and I'm sure if they ask Sony for "help", Sony will supply it.

This is definitely a case of lazy/disinterested Dev's. People that say the PS3 is hard to develop are are blowing smoke, because the fact is, once you figure out how to do something, It becomes a LOT easier. think of boss fights in (good) games. RIDICULOUS at first... but then you figure them out, and you can do it almost every time, first try. Practice makes perfect. That is one of the cool things about being human. We can learn, and grow. If the square peg doesn't fit in the round hole, do you try harder? or take another route? :P
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#55 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

At the same time I believe Madden was running at 30 FPS last year on 360 and this is the first year (am I correct about this?) that Madden is appearing on the PS3. So it could be that EA has simply had more time to work on the 360 platform than the Xbox 360 platform and that they were better able to leverage the Xbox 360 is completely reasonable and not entirely their fault at all.

Redfingers

I agree with that....

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#56 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="Sir-Marwin105"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="caseypayne69"]Microsoft spokesmen Peter Moore is now the President of EA sports. Enough said.Dualshockin
I also have some other theories concerning this issue,is it just me or did Peter Moore at E3 announcing Madden ran twice as fast this year seem a bit suspicious?

How the hell was is suspicious? By then everyone knew it was 60 FPS on the 360.

It is suspicious because it is a very unnecessary detail to make known,what would that announcement benefit the people in attendance?

:lol: These conspiracy theories get funnier every day!

So Peter Moore joins EA Sports a month (maybe 2)before the game is set to be released and that's enough time to change enough of the game's code to make it run slower on the PS3? BS. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version of Madden 08 was announced to be slower before he even joined the company.

But keep the conspiracy theories coming.They're hilarious

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ImagineGamer

[QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.Riverwolf007

cows buy it because it's one of the very few multiplats that runs better on PS3 :shock:

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Dualshockin
Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.Redfingers
It's Microsoft's fault :x !
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

ImagineGamer

If you believe stating an obvious fact is an excuse,then you clearly have little knowledge of the industry.

you think Moore made the PS3 version inferior? :?

I don't think that because Moore's with EA now, it means that EA titles going multiplat will simply be superior on 360....The fact is that EA, hasn't probably yet learned how to use PS3's FULL power, maybe by Madden 09 we'll see some nice 60 FPS Madden or maybe even more:)

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Dualshockin
you think Moore made the PS3 version inferior? :?ImagineGamer
Not at all,Moore only recently started at EA I think? Let's see how little influence Microsoft will have at EA.
MrBluRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MrBluRay
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Itagaki said that any developer who can not make a 1080p game at 60 FPS on the PS3 is inferior and should quit the industry. Or that they are lazy and should stop crying about how hard it is to make a 1080p game at 60 FPS on the PS3.

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ImagineGamer

[QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.Dualshockin

and you're actually gonna buy that game :?

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

If EA had been willing to put the money and effort into it, they could have had the PS3 version running at 60 FPS. And if they wanted to have an easier time porting it, they could have used PS3 as the lead developement platform, which would have been easier to port to 360 than the 360 code would be to port to the PS3.

In the end, it all comes down to the casuals not caring (or so EA thinks), and that's the bottom line for them. Casuals are the only ones who really care about Madden enough to buy it every year with minimal improvements.

springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 springz300
Member since 2004 • 2050 Posts

mlb 07 the show and NBA 07 both run at 60fps and 1080p...

so all lemmings who said ps3 is stuck at 30fps are self owned.

its not sonys fault or ps3 owners fault that EA is freakin lazy, or just stupid, and keeps porting from 360 to ps3 and getting a poor result.

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

Maybe if Sony supplied better developement tools, they'll get better results from game makers,

Right now I see it as eating soup with a fork.

You put in 3Xs more effect to get the same results as you would on the 360.

Now, why would you put in more work with fewer payoffs?

TheOwnerOner

Brilliant analogy!!

i compeletly agree. With Moore at EA, i'm wondering if this is indicative of things to come....

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Dualshockin
:lol: These conspiracy theories get funnier every day!So Peter Moore joins EA Sports a month (maybe 2)before the game is set to be released and that's enough time to change enough of the game's code to make it run slower on the PS3? BS. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version of Madden 08 was announced to be slower before he even joined the company.But keep the conspiracy theories coming.They're hilariousThe_Game21x
The harsh reality is,the announcement that Madden would run twice as fast on the 360,seemed a little too suspicious. Here's another conspiracy theory: EA picked up Moore because they're coming out with their own console sometime next year ;)
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.ImagineGamer

cows buy it because it's one of the very few multiplats that runs better on PS3 :shock:

I find it hard to believe anyone is going to bring up DWG as ownage. Skateing around in space on a 2D surface mashing buttons, I mean come on are people really hyped to play this soon to score 6 game?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.ImagineGamer

So now the excuse is "the game sucks anywayz!" ;) ?
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]Microsoft spokesmen Peter Moore is now the President of EA sports. Enough said.ImagineGamer

so you are claiming ownage/ps3 failure on an EA title (might i remind you that madden up until 08, have been unsuccessful on the next-gen consoles) that is (not even vastly) superior on the 360, knowing that EA do have a hideous track record for making good games. By the way,(from what i hear) the ps2 still will still be the superior version this year, so you are backing a company that can't even get their next-gen/current-gen versions to surpass their current-gen/past-gen versions, also who have the crappiest online network known to date while a greater company like EPIC managed to get UT3 to run on the ps3 at 60fps and not only you claim the the ps3 is a failure because of this, but with that evidence that the ps3 is capable of doing 60fps YOU DONT BLAME EA FOR THIS SCREW UP??!?!?!?!? The nerve of this lemming:roll:
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DeadMan1290

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]:lol: These conspiracy theories get funnier every day!So Peter Moore joins EA Sports a month (maybe 2)before the game is set to be released and that's enough time to change enough of the game's code to make it run slower on the PS3? BS. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version of Madden 08 was announced to be slower before he even joined the company.But keep the conspiracy theories coming.They're hilariousDualshockin
The harsh reality is,the announcement that Madden would run twice as fast on the 360,seemed a little too suspicious. Here's another conspiracy theory: EA picked up Moore because they're coming out with their own console sometime next year ;)

Wow that'd be cool an EA Gaming Console:lol: What'd be called??....

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Dualshockin

its not sonys fault or ps3 owners fault that EA is freakin lazy, or just stupid, and keeps porting from 360 to ps3 and getting a poor result.

springz300
I'm still amazed by this new Lemming logic:It's now Sony's fault if a game they don't make runs slow LOL
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ImagineGamer
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.Dualshockin

that's what cows say about madden

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Riverwolf007
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.Dualshockin

That's good enough for me, besides it's worked for Lair. Well at least it will work if they ever decide to stop pushing the release date back to make the thing work right.
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mmirza23
Member since 2004 • 3457 Posts

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.ImagineGamer

madden has been trash for the past few years and if you think otherwise then something is definitely wrong with you.
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DeadMan1290

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]Microsoft spokesmen Peter Moore is now the President of EA sports. Enough said.ermacness

so you are claiming ownage/ps3 failure on an EA title (might i remind you that madden up until 08, have been unsuccessful on the next-gen consoles) that is (not even vastly) superior on the 360, knowing that EA do have a hideous track record for making good games. By the way,(from what i hear) the ps2 still will still be the superior version this year, so you are backing a company that can't even get their next-gen/current-gen versions to surpass their current-gen/past-gen versions, also who have the crappiest online network known to date while a greater company like EPIC managed to get UT3 to run on the ps3 at 60fps and not only you claim the the ps3 is a failure because of this, but with that evidence that the ps3 is capable of doing 60fps YOU DONT BLAME EA FOR THIS SCREW UP??!?!?!?!? The nerve of this lemming:roll:

I see your point and agree with you....One question though....Why blame EA?

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tango90101

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]:lol: These conspiracy theories get funnier every day!So Peter Moore joins EA Sports a month (maybe 2)before the game is set to be released and that's enough time to change enough of the game's code to make it run slower on the PS3? BS. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version of Madden 08 was announced to be slower before he even joined the company.But keep the conspiracy theories coming.They're hilariousDeadMan1290

The "Meh"-Station...

...sorry...that's all i got... :D

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ImagineGamer
[QUOTE="springz300"]

Dualshockin

I'm still amazed by this new Lemming logic:It's now Sony's fault if a game they don't make runs slow LOL

because the same game on another console runs relatively better :|

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Dualshockin

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]:lol: These conspiracy theories get funnier every day!So Peter Moore joins EA Sports a month (maybe 2)before the game is set to be released and that's enough time to change enough of the game's code to make it run slower on the PS3? BS. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version of Madden 08 was announced to be slower before he even joined the company.But keep the conspiracy theories coming.They're hilariousDeadMan1290

I have no idea on the name,but from what i've heard,it will be more like the Wii;Aimed for casuals+affordable to the masses. It will also very well mean all their Ps3/360/Wii titles will be exclusive to the platform.This will,undoubtedly,ruffle a few feathers out there.
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 springz300
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="springz300"]

ImagineGamer

Sony's one of the few devs who actually makes games at 1080p. Madden is at 720p..so theoretically sonys games run better.

EA is just lazy or ignorant.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="springz300"]

ImagineGamer

So by that logic,all multi-plat games that are not 100% equal should be blamed on Sony? I hear the tick but I can't find the tock :o
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tango90101

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.mmirza23

madden has been trash for the past few years and if you think otherwise then something is definitely wrong with you.

agreed. but the madden name carries MUCH weight... and most casuals don't care about review scores...

just an observation...

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="springz300"]

Dualshockin

LOL....But if you see it from a different point of view, they might have a point....SONY is the only one that knows how toperfectlymake games onthe PS3(DUH!)....But it's nopt SONY's fault that games run slow it's just that devs don't know how to use it yet(Maybe that's what COULD be happening, not saying it is).

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ImagineGamer
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="springz300"]

springz300

Sony's one of the few devs who actually makes games at 1080p. Madden is at 720p..so theoretically sonys games run better.

it's sony's fault that they created a console with hidden power so hard to "unlock" :lol:

myke2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84 myke2010
Member since 2002 • 2747 Posts
At the end of the day it's Sony's fault. If you're going to make a console that's difficult to design for, then you had better make sure you give the devs the tools to make their games look just as good as they do for the competition in the same amount of time.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Dualshockin
I see your point and agree with you....One question though....Why blame EA?DeadMan1290
I believe it is EA that make Madden. I might be mistaken though.
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ImagineGamer

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.mmirza23

because 360 gets the superior version? :lol: cows

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ermacness
[QUOTE="ermacness"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

[QUOTE="caseypayne69"]Microsoft spokesmen Peter Moore is now the President of EA sports. Enough said.DeadMan1290

I see your point and agree with you....One question though....Why blame EA?

because it's been proven that the ps3 can run a game at 60fps with little to no trouble at all and EA is money hungry, heck they even stated that since the ps3 install base is so low, they won't take the time/effort into their versions on the ps3, now it's sony's fault for not making the console install base friendly, but in the developement department, this one is fully EA's fault (heck, with that statement, that basically proves my point)
springz300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 springz300
[QUOTE="springz300"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="springz300"]

ImagineGamer

it's sony's fault that they created a console with hidden power so hard to "unlock" :lol:

whatever, im no developer so its not my issue. It just makes you look ignorant for trying to claim ownage because one company cant make a game run at 60fps on a more powerful system.

mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mmirza23
[QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]Why is Dynasty Warriors Gundam running at a worse framerate on the 360 than the PS3 according to Gamespot? Chinese riddle for you.tango90101

agreed. but the madden name carries MUCH weight... and most casuals don't care about review scores...

just an observation...

off topic but did you enjoy seeing your colts for the first time since the superbowl on national tv this past thursday :)? i'm a giants fan myself so its big brother little brother haha
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Dualshockin
it's sony's fault that they created a console with hidden power so hard to "unlock" :lol:ImagineGamer
Yet again you have to go off-topic rather than provide a proper response. Looks like someone isn't pleased with the results ;)
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#91 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
George Bush doesn't care about 60fps.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ermacness
[QUOTE="mmirza23"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

no beacause it's true. go look up 06 and 07 reviews here for the 360, then look up 06 and 07 for the ps2, then you come back here and tell us what you found lemming
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DeadMan1290
[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]:lol: These conspiracy theories get funnier every day!So Peter Moore joins EA Sports a month (maybe 2)before the game is set to be released and that's enough time to change enough of the game's code to make it run slower on the PS3? BS. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 version of Madden 08 was announced to be slower before he even joined the company.But keep the conspiracy theories coming.They're hilariousDualshockin

I have no idea on the name,but from what i've heard,it will be more like the Wii;Aimed for casuals+affordable to the masses. It will also very well mean all their Ps3/360/Wii titles will be exclusive to the platform.This will,undoubtedly,ruffle a few feathers out there.

Well than I won'y be buying it, if it's how described, and if all multiplats come exclusive on that console then we'll see lots of Konami, 2K sports titles for the next few years;)

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ImagineGamer
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="springz300"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"]

I'm still amazed by this new Lemming logic:It's now Sony's fault if a game they don't make runs slow LOLspringz300

whatever, im no developer so its not my issue. It just makes you look ignorant for trying to claim ownage because one company cant make a game run at 60fps on a more powerful system.

how is ps3 more powerful when multiplats are better on 360? :?

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Dualshockin
because 360 gets the superior version? :lol: cowsImagineGamer
The last 2 Maddens were stuck in the 'A' zone. Is it wrong to claim the games haven't been excellent?
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ImagineGamer
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]it's sony's fault that they created a console with hidden power so hard to "unlock" :lol:Dualshockin
Yet again you have to go off-topic rather than provide a proper response. Looks like someone isn't pleased with the results ;)

i'm pleased that 360 version runs at 60fps while cows are stuck with 30fps :lol:
mmirza23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mmirza23

LOL did i say 08 was bad? i said the PAST few years 07, 06 all garbage on the next gen systems, 07 both on 360 and ps3, 06 a rushed port for 360, ps2 is still the way to go for madden up until this year which is pretty sad.
ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 ImagineGamer

[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]because 360 gets the superior version? :lol: cowsDualshockin
The last 2 Maddens were stuck in the 'A' zone. Is it wrong to claim the games haven't been excellent?

and you use dynasty warrior, a even worse game, for ownage :|...:lol:

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ermacness
[QUOTE="springz300"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="springz300"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"][QUOTE="Dualshockin"]

I'm still amazed by this new Lemming logic:It's now Sony's fault if a game they don't make runs slow LOLImagineGamer

how is ps3 more powerful when multiplats are better on 360? :?

because developers port the 360 copy over to the ps3 (the cheap way) which is a no-no
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 DeadMan1290

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]I see your point and agree with you....One question though....Why blame EA?Dualshockin
I believe it is EA that make Madden. I might be mistaken though.

They might make Madden, but if they can't make a game run at 60 FPS on PS3 BY NOW, then they're pretty ignorant