Loyalty question

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

So I've been gaming since like 1988, I've had Atari, Nintendo, Sega, 3D0, Sony, and Microsoft systems.

I loved my PS2, had every intention of getting a PS3 until they announced the price and launch date, said screw that and got a 360, first MS console I owned. It was a great solid system had tons of fun and it changed the way I gamed, I became an online only player don't play single player any more I enjoy going online playing with friends and talking to people.

I went ahead I got an X1 I prefer the controller Xbox has, and I knew I liked the previous online community and I had about 10 friends that got X1 so I knew I'd have some people to play with. But there are some issues with X1 that need fixing asap they messed up some features that they shouldn't of touched especially on the friends list, getting into parties ect.....but that's a different story.

So the question, what made you a fan to a particular system. Why did you give your loyalty to that brand what drew you in, have you ever given the opposing system a chance?

For me it was Xbox's controller and the online. I've played Ps3 a few time and the online was quiet and dead feeling, and the Controller was meh. Only played the PS4 at a store Kiosk it just didn't grab me. If I didn't get the trade in deal I got for X1 I'd probably still be waiting but $435 for the X1, titanfall, and COD: Ghost was too good to pass up.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I can say I'm generally a Sony console fan, but the games always come first.

I got a GameCube just cause along with a GameBoy Advance. Played the balls out of the latter thanks to Pokemon. Then I won a PSP in a raffle which I ended up loving, so I bought a PS3. I bought a DS because everyone had one. Then I bought a Wii for my niece and a 360 for myself and enjoyed thoroughly.

Bought a 3DS because it was $99 and a Nintendo system. Probably gonna sell it soon. Bought a Vita because it was $130 and came with a 8GB memory card.

Yep.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I stick to the PC because nobody really owns the platform.

For the consoles, I jump about depending on where the games go.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Used to be loyalty to a certain platform. I got a Ps3 at launch because the Ps2 was so good.

Yeah, shouldn't have done that.

Now, it's just games. If a platform has something I want, I'll try and get my hands on it.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Me ? Loyal ?

Never in A million years !

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

It's not a question of loyalty; it's a question of what interests me (last generation I had both handhelds, the three main home consoles, and a relatively crappy Laptop to play smaller titles; the same goes for the PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA era). I've bought both the original Xbox and the 360, both had some interesting games although a rather smaller selection of interesting games than the competition which caused both systems much neglect. This generation I just don't have interest in the Xbox One because most experiences I can find elsewhere, and the few off-hand exclusives that do interest me in the coming years probably aren't enough of a justification for me to spend $500. The same thing can be said for the PSVita. The PSP got very little use from me, and although it did have some cool games, there just wasn't enough to interest me. The Vita has plenty of games that interest me, but almost all of them can be found elsewhere (either PS3 or PC) which doesn't make for good justification of the handheld. The design for the PSP and Vita also seems a little too fragile; I've kept my PSP in its original packaging when I'm not playing it.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

I'm not loyal to a brand but I am biased towards the Playstation brand because it is what I have played since I first got into gaming at a young age. I've owned an Xbox and Nintendo platforms as well so loyal? No. Biased? Yes

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Im not loyal to any company. I go with the system that has the games I want.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

For me, it's not about loyalty. These companies come and go. I've been gaming before there was even Nintendo on the scene. I'll go with whatever appeals to me most as a gamer and in most generations, I'll even go with two or all three consoles as well as my PC.

Last gen was the first time my "loyalty" changed. I had 0 interest in Wii and waggle, so it was never in the running, but I did buy XBox360 almost right after it launched and held on to it til early '09. The focus on Kinect was pretty much like coming home to your girlfriend wanting a threesome with another guy and hoping you're cool with that. So, I got a PS3, and I can say without the shadow of a doubt that that was the best decision I could have made at the time.

This generation, I guess you could say my "loyalty" is with Playstation and WiiU. I think that for MS to win back my business and my trust, they would need to do what they are seemingly unwilling to do, and that is fine by me because it also seems like I am not missing out on much. By the time they get around to actually doing the right thing rather than talking about it, 0 fucks will be given I'm afraid.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I can be loyal to a game series until the series in question goes down the shitter. (i.e Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, etc.)

I've always bought every Sony and Nintendo console, not out of loyalty to their hardware (ha, that sounds so stupid when you say it), but to the exclusive games that they get.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I'm not loyal to anything. I just go where the games are that I want to play. Last gen I opted for a 360 because it had Left 4 Dead and Gears. I had a blast playing on the 360. I could never get into the PS3 as much as I tried :/ I owned a PS2 prior to last gen, so I just bounce around. Now I mostly play on PC because everyone I know plays on this platform.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blabadon

@ConanTheStoner: Handhelds :(

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Consoles aren't countries. There is no pledge of allegiance or contract required to use them. Only a fool would be loyal to an appliance. They don't love you back so there is no "betrayal" if you sample other systems and products.

You're the consumer and it's always, ALWAYS your prerogative to play with what you want, how you want, and how many you want. It's up to them (the console makers) to make you want their product, not for you to prove that you're worthy of them.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@AdobeArtist: Oh yeah I totally agree, but you have your absolute blind fan boys that are I only game Sony or vice versa. Same with phones even. I don't understand and was hoping some of those types would come in here and say what made them go with whatever brand and be the way they are lol

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lulu_Lulu

Lifes too short to be loyal to a machine, company, or franchise. Hell its too short to be loyal to a single lover. The more the merrier !

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I had extreme Sony loyalty until I started PC gaming.

Now I just buy whatever looks good really.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Im not loyal to any company. I go with the system that has the games I want.

oh lems you so funny.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Lifes too short to be loyal to a machine, company, or franchise. Hell its too short to be loyal to a single lover. The more the merrier !

Ah you see, it's people who are the only ones deserving of your loyalty (family, friends, lovers), because they're the ones giving loyalty back. This is of course assuming they actually do and aren't being deceitful or disingenuous.

With electronic products it's just that - consumer products. Your use of them and they're selling it to you is nothing more than a business transaction.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#20 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I just go where the masterpieces are.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

I just go where the masterpieces are.

Call of Duty is on everything.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I went from Nintendo to Sony with the PS1 because they always have the most and best games, and support the console the longest too. I mean, the best console right now it's not the PS4 but the fucking PS3!

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I always lean on Playstation, but it comes to the games. Playstation generally has the games i want or are my type.

When I was younger i didnt really like Playstation, I loved Nintendo, but Nintendo got stuck and doesnt do anything that i would care for now.

Never care or paid attention to M$. When i do look to see what they have going on, I get turned off. They never had any games where I felt i must play , there had like one or two that i wanted to try but they werent enough to even make me consider having an xbox along with my PS.

Another thing that influences people, are what their friends are getting, but to me none of my close friends are gamers or super casual gamers who know nothing.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lulu_Lulu

@ AdobeArtist

I'm sort of the Black Sheep of my family. I'm not likely to be loyal to them. Hell I haven't seen my sister in months..... And I actually like my sister !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lulu_Lulu

Theres no reason to be loyal to 8th Generation consoles either, theres no backwards compatibility even for the games tied to your account, you want to play the next gen editions of games you already own on 7th Gen consoles then you gotta buy it again..... at full price. Microsoft and Sony have done didly squat to reward your loyalty. Might aswell use the new gen to experiment, think of it as college, except now your sampling othe consoles instead of other people ;) be bi-curious

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i was born a playstation fanboy and i'll die a playstation fanboy

tank u verie much

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I have no loyalties to any brand.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

look when u deliver greatness year after year gen after gen that only sony has, loyalty is tattooed in the heart automatically naturally. the term "fanboys" got a negative light becoz of wack ass systems like nintendo, xbox and grandpa PC. sony machines are timeless. when the term "fanboys" are attached to sony, it's ok becoz u know sony are great so they fans are great. when sony make systems u better believe ur getting the greatest machine to date. if u don't believe or have loyalty that always deliver greatness only sony does, ur brain got mental problems imho

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

look when u deliver greatness year after year gen after gen that only sony has, loyalty is tattooed in the heart automatically naturally. the term "fanboys" got a negative light becoz of wack ass systems like nintendo, xbox and grandpa PC. sony machines are timeless. when the term "fanboys" are attached to sony, it's ok becoz u know sony are great so they fans are great. when sony make systems u better believe ur getting the greatest machine to date. if u don't believe or have loyalty that always deliver greatness only sony does, ur brain got mental problems imho

the fakeboy is strong with this one

urs too

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I don't have loyalty to any of them; I buy them all because I don't want to miss out on anything and I think they each are best at providing a different type of gaming experience.

Xbox is by far the best for online gaming. Their online service has always been the best since day 1 and they continue to lead the way with online gaming innovation while the other companies just copy them. Their online community is also the most enjoyable to play against since I'm usually matched against English speaking players that talk. On PSN, people rarely ever talk and when I do hear people talking, they are usually speaking a foreign language that I don't understand. So, my Xbox is what I usually turn to when I want to game with my friends and we are unable to get together under the same roof and when I want to compete against others online.

Nintendo is best for co-op and local party games, as well as getting non-gamers to play. Whenever I go over to some friend's house to game, my Nintendo console is usually the one I take with me and it always leads to a lot of fun and laughs. In my experience, Nintendo consoles are also the easiest to get girls into. I rarely have any success convincing girls that I date to play on Xbox or PlayStation with me, but I can usually get them to play Nintendo games with me, so that's a big plus for Nintendo.

PlayStation consoles have always been pretty weak for multiplayer, so that's why they are my least favorite, but I think that PlayStation consoles usually have the best exclusive single player games.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I have no real loyalty. I generally own all the consoles, and I PC game. I'm a little behind this gen since I still haven't bought a Wii-U and I doubt I will be getting an Xbone any time soon.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdobeArtist  Moderator
@_SWAG_ said:

Fanboy gets negative press because of people like you.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

I've always been with Nintendo and Sony.

I actually was originally on the Ninty ship back in the late 90's 'till Sony brought out mass supremacy with PlayStation.

Now, recently I got into PC gaming and Steam (what I should have done years ago) and am hooked with it all. But I gotta say, as sensational as PC gaming is, It can still be a bit of a hassle with Mods bringing certain CTD's and system freezes, and overall you gotta be like your own sort of "technician" ironing out the few quirks that come up but the end result is legit gratifying.

I determinedly more than ever can appreciate the simplicity of a console. Especially how superlative it is how companies like Nintendo and Sony bring out amazing, rare exclusives with these little boxes.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

No loyalty here, if a console seems worthwhile, I'll buy it, sooner or later.

Last generation my biggest library was on the Xbox 360. I also had a decent Wii library, and a pretty large Playstation 3 library.

This generation, the only console that seemed like a good purchase so far is the Playstation 4. That may change with future releases and/or price drops. Of course my Steam collection is snowballing out of control.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blabadon

@tonitorsi said:

I actually was originally on the Ninty ship back in the late 90's 'till Sony brought out mass supremacy with PlayStation.

Now, recently I got into PC gaming and Steam (what I should have done years ago) and am hooked with it all. But I gotta say, as sensational as PC gaming is, It can still be a bit of a hassle with Mods bringing certain CTD's and system freezes, and overall you gotta be like your own sort of "technician" ironing out the few quirks that come up but the end result is legit gratifying.

I determinedly more than ever can appreciate the simplicity of a console. Especially how superlative it is how companies like Nintendo and Sony bring out amazing, rare exclusives with these little boxes.

You running high specs?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tonitorsi

@Blabadon said:

@tonitorsi said:

You running high specs?

I can go high on Skyrim and Batman AA just fine with stable fps, but Ultra brings me down to an unplayable 20 fps with my current gaming laptop. Laptops are great for PC gaming on the go though but you cant really go crazy with them.

I really need to save up for a desktop LEL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I am simply loyal to the games and genres I like, to the devs that makes the games I like and Little else.

Ofcourse giving that one of my favorite genres are RTS and RPG's that Means that PC is a stable, Since I really like JRPGs and platformers I have historically always had a console, This did change somewhat as my preferred platform for JRPGs now is the Vita.

I usually end up with all consoles and handhelds throughout a gen, (this time the only one I do not have, is the X1).

But If I am loyal to any of these pieces of plastic and circuitboards? Hah no, having loyalty to a Corperation is like looking up to Hitler, beliving that anything they ever do or say will be for the better of anything but themselves.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

These hoes ain't loyal!

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tonitorsi

@Netret0120 said:

These hoes ain't loyal!

elaborate.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Consoles aren't countries.

Are you sure? Because I always thought consoles were countries.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
@Maddie_Larkin said:

I am simply loyal to the games and genres I like, to the devs that makes the games I like and Little else.

Same here. I'm a fan of Mass Effect, Batman Arkham, Tomb Raider, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Witcher, Halo, Forza, and by extension Bioware, Bungie, Crystal Dynamics (even if they had their faults in the past), Rocksteady, Bethesda (but they really gotta streamline their debugging process), and CD Projekt Red.

@Floppy_Jim said:

@AdobeArtist said:

Consoles aren't countries.

Are you sure? Because I always thought consoles were countries.

Don't. Just don't.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I buy the machines at launch and then I wait for the games. I have four gaming PCs for LAN, I have the handhelds (3DS, Vita, DS, PSP, Gamegear, GBA, GB, etc). There are certain game franchises that I can get excited about, but the machines are just portals to the games. What I favor when gaming at my home at a given time is based on policies of the machine (PS+, XBLG, Wii U VC, Steam, game release schedule, etc), features (Blu, Netflix, chat, DVD, etc), and mainly and most crucially the actual games available for the platforms.

If there was a race at my house right now looking at the new machines, the Wii U I have the most time logged in between the three new machines followed by PS4 (due to PS+ giving PS4 games), then Xbone (No XBLGold Games for Gold for Xbone. :( ). If I factor in my Wii, PS3, and 360, it's a whole different ball game as those all win by default of being older. I have hundreds of retail Wii, PS360 games, and hundreds more VC, XBLA, and PSN games. I didn't even mention my huge PC library.

@AdobeArtist said:

Fanboy gets negative press because of people like you.

_SWAG_ said:

He is well aware of what he's doing. It's a longtime fakeboy act when he logs onto this account for the exact reason you quoted him. It was uncovered years ago when his behavior radically changed much to dozens of users enjoyment/dismay. The idea is to deliberately paint a picture of a brand and fans he doesn't like. He does it for the quotes and lolz.

Avatar image for roger_the_alien
Roger_The_Alien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Roger_The_Alien
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

Ive been gaming since I was 5 years old back in 1996. I've always tried to get the console that just had more fun games. Traditionally that has been the PS family but I've had my fair share of Game cubes and Xbox 360's

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

I Go where the games i want are but i do Have more reverence For Nintendo than any of the other companys.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I have been gaming since 88 too. My gaming systems:

ZX Spectrum 128k, Nes, Master System 2, Amiga 500, Megadrive, MegaCD, 32X, Snes, Amiga CD32, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, 3DS, Playstation 4 and a few PCs in the 90s.

Brand loyalty is just stupid.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Dude, they're video game consoles. Shit isn't that serious

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

Traded my N64 for a PS1 because I wanted to play MGS. Got and loved the PS2 (still might be the best system ever). Went with the 360 after hearing the price and delay of the PS3. Dont have a next gen system yet but I play my friends PS4 a lot. Coming from the 360 I have zero interest in Xbone so Ill switch back to Sony soon. If/when in a few years when the next next gen comes out Ill go with the best one once again. Same goes with phones, cars, pizza ect. Chose the best because they have no loyalty to you.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@-CC- said:

Traded my N64 for a PS1 because I wanted to play MGS. Got and loved the PS2 (still might be the best system ever). Went with the 360 after hearing the price and delay of the PS3. Dont have a next gen system yet but I play my friends PS4 a lot. Coming from the 360 I have zero interest in Xbone so Ill switch back to Sony soon. If/when in a few years when the next next gen comes out Ill go with the best one once again. Same goes with phones, cars, pizza ect. Chose the best because they have no loyalty to you.

Looking at this year's list of games so far from January to May 2014 for both Xbone and PS4, here's the breakdown so far...

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tonitorsi

@SolidTy said:

@-CC- said:

Looking at this year's list of games so far from January to May 2014 for both Xbone and PS4, here's the breakdown so far...

Godny bringing the slayage to the competition I see.

But Wii U, where U at tho?

U alive doe?

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@-CC- said:

List needs some updating. The PS4 is missing Pure Chess , That Trivia Game , Backgammon Blitz , and Cell Damage HD. They may not be as exciting as Kinect Sports Rivals , but they are still games !