Loyalty question

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

@SolidTy said:

@-CC- said:

Traded my N64 for a PS1 because I wanted to play MGS. Got and loved the PS2 (still might be the best system ever). Went with the 360 after hearing the price and delay of the PS3. Dont have a next gen system yet but I play my friends PS4 a lot. Coming from the 360 I have zero interest in Xbone so Ill switch back to Sony soon. If/when in a few years when the next next gen comes out Ill go with the best one once again. Same goes with phones, cars, pizza ect. Chose the best because they have no loyalty to you.

Looking at this year's list of games so far from January to May 2014 for both Xbone and PS4, here's the breakdown so far...

Godny bringing the slayage to the competition I see.

But Wii U, where U at tho?

U alive doe?

I wish this list had a Wii U slot, but alas. :(

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

SEGA....got the Genesis and Sonic 2 and was hooked. SEGA for life. The rest are diversions....make me games...I'll support you. No number 1 between Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'm loyal to no one. I simply purchase machines worth purchasing. Aside from always owning a decent gaming PC, In the past couple gens I've owned the PS2, Xbox, Wii, 360, PS3, and now have a PS4. I don't foresee anything coming out on the Xbox One that will justify me putting a giant ugly camera in front of my television. I like my home theater setup to look presentable, not cluttered and ugly. And the Wii U was an obvious failure from the get-go.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@tonitorsi said:

@SolidTy said:

@-CC- said:

Traded my N64 for a PS1 because I wanted to play MGS. Got and loved the PS2 (still might be the best system ever). Went with the 360 after hearing the price and delay of the PS3. Dont have a next gen system yet but I play my friends PS4 a lot. Coming from the 360 I have zero interest in Xbone so Ill switch back to Sony soon. If/when in a few years when the next next gen comes out Ill go with the best one once again. Same goes with phones, cars, pizza ect. Chose the best because they have no loyalty to you.

Looking at this year's list of games so far from January to May 2014 for both Xbone and PS4, here's the breakdown so far...

Godny bringing the slayage to the competition I see.

But Wii U, where U at tho?

U alive doe?

I wish this list had a Wii U slot, but alas. :(

Wii Uneededâ„¢

Look at Sony go tho, its slaying me you know?.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#55 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Honestly, I think there is something slightly off about people who are truly brand loyal.

I think Nintendo makes the best exclusives by far but since I'm into JRPGs, I tend to prefer Sony consoles. The PS1/PS2 can't be beat JRPG-wise and the PS3, despite a terrible start, has done okay for itself in that genre.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic  Online

@GreySeal9 said:

Honestly, I think there is something slightly off about people who are truly brand loyal.

I think Nintendo makes the best exclusives by far but since I'm into JRPGs, I tend to prefer Sony consoles. The PS1/PS2 can't be beat JRPG-wise and the PS3, despite a terrible start, has done okay for itself in that genre.

Not cool man....not cool.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45090 Posts

If it interests me I'll get it. For some reason, I've never really liked Xbox consoles. I did try both Xbox & 360, and it never held my interest. Halo was boring and so was Gears. Just about everything else I could play on PC.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LJS9502_basic  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:

If it interests me I'll get it. For some reason, I've never really liked Xbox consoles. I did try both Xbox & 360, and it never held my interest. Halo was boring and so was Gears. Just about everything else I could play on PC.

I bought both myself. And the first party is not the most interesting games.....and mulits I can get on Sony at least. And Sony does have some interesting first party games. Nintendo is Nintendo. With a new PC I'm waiting to see what MS offers that I can't get elsewhere before I dive in. I'm open to the console....they need to sell it to me though.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

@SolidTy said:

@-CC- said:

List needs some updating. The PS4 is missing Pure Chess , That Trivia Game , Backgammon Blitz , and Cell Damage HD. They may not be as exciting as Kinect Sports Rivals , but they are still games !

Wow, you are on top of your game! Good catch, I'm impressed. :P

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#60 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

lol. Sega's cool too. Love me some Skies of Arcadia.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic  Online

@GreySeal9 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

lol. Sega's cool too. Love me some Skies of Arcadia.

Okay. SEGA rules. Sad day when they discontinued my DC.:( *moment of silence*

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

LOL the amount of lies are strong in this thread

Most saying they aren't loyal to a certain brand have been known to defend that same certain brand to the death regardless of if it is Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft lol

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@nini200 said:

Most saying they aren't loyal to a certain brand have been known to defend that same certain brand to the death regardless of if it is Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft lol

yes. some guilty defenders and attackers about the place.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nini200

@CrownKingArthur said:
@nini200 said:

yes. some guilty defenders and attackers about the place.

Yep lol but they aren't loyal, right?

Elpresador-911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 Elpresador-911
Member since 2013 • 1096 Posts

I'm loyal to playstation since they make the best games

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

as a whole, i'm more of a sony fan in terms of the company, but, i absolutely am in love with all of MS racing games... past and present.

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

I have no loyalty. When I was a kid and couldn't work i owned 1 console per gen (NES, Sega Genesis) my friends had a SNES so I used to play that a lot as well. But after having a job I buy any console that interests me. Consoles I've owned in my lifetime so far NES, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, PS1, 3DO, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo 64, Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo DS and DS Lite, Wii, PSP, PS4.

I have noticed that whatever system of that generation that I feel has the best controller is the one I play the most.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I dont have any loyalty, I just go where the games are.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Heil68 said:

This from the guy who posts like a Sony informercial on a daily basis ;)

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Wouldn't say I'm loyal, but I do prefer Sony and Nintendo over MS.

Im perfectly fine with PC, Sony and Nintendo. Those 3 give me a wide selection of games that keep me busy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Wouldn't say i'm loyal to a brand, just that brands have to prove themselves to me. Nintendo has done that, Playstation has done that, Xbox lost it, but has every chance to earn it back.

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@Heil68 said:

This from the guy who posts like a Sony informercial on a daily basis ;)

That's because he's being paid for it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#74 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

So I've been gaming since like 1988, I've had Atari, Nintendo, Sega, 3D0, Sony, and Microsoft systems.

I loved my PS2, had every intention of getting a PS3 until they announced the price and launch date, said screw that and got a 360, first MS console I owned. It was a great solid system had tons of fun and it changed the way I gamed, I became an online only player don't play single player any more I enjoy going online playing with friends and talking to people.

I went ahead I got an X1 I prefer the controller Xbox has, and I knew I liked the previous online community and I had about 10 friends that got X1 so I knew I'd have some people to play with. But there are some issues with X1 that need fixing asap they messed up some features that they shouldn't of touched especially on the friends list, getting into parties ect.....but that's a different story.

So the question, what made you a fan to a particular system. Why did you give your loyalty to that brand what drew you in, have you ever given the opposing system a chance?

For me it was Xbox's controller and the online. I've played Ps3 a few time and the online was quiet and dead feeling, and the Controller was meh. Only played the PS4 at a store Kiosk it just didn't grab me. If I didn't get the trade in deal I got for X1 I'd probably still be waiting but $435 for the X1, titanfall, and COD: Ghost was too good to pass up.

First, that trade in deal was killer! Wish I had gotten that. I actually posted a blog on this recently. My family's first console was something that had Pong on it, and that's it. Don't know if it was an Odyssey. That was 1970s. I got a Sega Master System despite everyone I knew having an NES. I always loved an underdog. After my second PS2 DREd a buddy talked me into an Xbox. And there was that old root for the underdog thing in me again. PS is the over whelming world wide favorite. There is no disputing there reach and imo its much deserved. But I guess its me being American, and liking an underdog. But being a Halo lore and universe fan always helps.

Do I try the opposition? There hasn't been a gen when I didn't own a PS console. Nintendo, I owned a Wii and a WiiU for a short time, but money and domestic issues forced me to part with them. I may lean towards one but I'm a gamer. GAMES, of which each has its great experiences is what I like most, so I buy PS and Xbox typically.

Recently bought a nice gaming PC and I have been loving it. Just got Dark Souls Prepare to die edition recently and wow I am loving it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Loyalty for consumer products is stupid.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Sony has my money at the moment purely because they have more potent hardware at a cheaper price. When I buy my next (gen) system I want a next gen experience.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Wherever the games that I enjoy playing are.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

I buy Nintendo and Sony systems because they deliver the experience I want. If they would stop making games that I care about, then I would stop supporting them.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I buy them all, why sit on the sideline and be envious of the other system when it gets a feature/game you wish you could have? Only peasants here are the ones with one platform.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts
@AdobeArtist said:

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Lifes too short to be loyal to a machine, company, or franchise. Hell its too short to be loyal to a single lover. The more the merrier !

Ah you see, it's people who are the only ones deserving of your loyalty

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

I buy them all, why sit on the sideline and be envious of the other system when it gets a feature/game you wish you could have? Only peasants here are the ones with one platform.

I agree that it's beneficial to own more than one system, but what if you simply don't like what's on a certain platform? I own a PS4, Wii U, laptop PC, 3DS and Vita but am not interested in a single Xbox One or high end PC exclusive. Has nothing to do with loyalty, just personal preference.

It's also a matter of free time, which probably has something to do with age. I can only imagine a young and privileged schoolboy with not much of a life being able to own and have time to play every single system and every game available. The 99% of the rest of us have to pick and choose.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I don't have any loyalties. I go to where the good are at. That's why I would prefer to buy every console and have a good PC if I can.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ KiZZo1

Thats a very Dashing asian Man.... Kinda like James Bond.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I've had too many systems to list them all. In more recent years I originally purchased my PS2 not too long after launch for Gran Turismo 2. When the Xbox launched I started to take notice of the exclusives and started getting a little jealous that they were nowhere on the PS2.

Then a buddy brought over his Xbox saying I had to try Halo. I was hooked and never looked back. I always say I will come back to a PS purchase if the game draws me in that much. So far I haven't seen that game.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

I'm generally loyal to consoles as far as multiplats go.

Every other gaming decision I just let the games lead me and my wallet drive me there.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I only get the console with the games I like on them (or think I would like), second to that is price and reliability, then there is the optional extras which add to the price obviously.

I didn't even do consoles till the PS1, but I have never gone with anything else console wise but Playstation.

I did seriously consider the Xbox360 but decided to wait it out then came out the poor reliability and none of the games I like were released only on that console. In fact a system seller for me was games like Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo with stuff such as metal gear solid adding to that, much of the multiplats I play on PC where possible. Of course we all got conned with Final Fantasy last gen which was a major annoyance as that was a system seller and the game turn out to be complete crap. Wont be making that mistake again.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#87 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

I have pretty much none, I'm fine switching brands from gen to gen to get different an fresh perspectives. I almost never go with the same company back to back gens, honestly after fiveish years in ready for different IPs for a while.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

My loyalty went from

PS3 to PS4

X360 to X1

Wii to Wii U

PSP to PSvita

DS to 3DS

PC to PC

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#89 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I was once loyal to Sony systems, played alot on the PS1, ps2 and my psp. The price of the ps3 was way to high for me back then so I also bought a 360. In the meanwhile I had Nintendo consoles, and loved them. In the meanwhile I heard the sh*t talk about the ps3 being better and awesome. Better exclusives, the better online and it's free etc... And bought a PS3, biggest mistake.

Now i'm not sure what to buy first, ps4 or the ONE.

But I think I'll buy the one. Just cus I had more fun on my 360 last gen and my ps3 was collecting dust.

So in the end I'm pretty much loyal to Nintendo and Microsoft now.

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts
@Supabul said:

My loyalty went from

PS3 to PS4

X360 to X1

Wii to Wii U

PSP to PSvita

DS to 3DS

PC to PC

That might be the lamest answer to a question ever in the history of the internet. You clearly are to cool for this place.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

I'm loyal to my wallet. Sony's brought more value to me as a consumer that the alternatives, so I game with them. When Ninty or MSFT bring more value, they'll get my wallet instead.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

no loyalty, you miss out on good games if you lock yourself down to one company. i have preference based on things, but i dont deny myself great gaming experiences if i can afford it

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ballroompirate

@nini200 said:

Don't forget PC

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Nintendo and Sony make the games I want, so I continue to support them. I hated the Wii so I didn't support it, and the same goes for the Vita. As long as you make things I like, I'm happy.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By nini200

@Ballroompirate said:

@nini200 said:

Don't forget PC

Microsoft is PC...

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

I am never loyal. People that are loyal to entertainment systems are pathetic.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ballroompirate

@nini200 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@nini200 said:

Don't forget PC

Microsoft is PC...

Not really at a technical standpoint, all they make is OS and a few things here and there.