Let's count the QTEs in Ryse!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By monsterpuncher
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

Do they have a video for GoW?

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts

Great OP, brilliant. Oscar-worthy.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

They should do one for Beyond two souls.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

How about you stop making shitty threads

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By monsterpuncher

Not even the recent CGI cut-scene trailer of Ryse quite matches Killzone's ingame graphics lol.

Ryse does still look good though... but that's to be expected. Ryse is insanely linear (its even more linear than Gears of War or FFXIII) and Ryse is scripted to the extreme. Much easier to push its graphics.

I called it from the start. I said that xbone games would have to be linear and scripted to the max just to keep pace graphically,

Mean while PS4 exclusives will be MUCH more open, have bigger levels, and STILL LOOK BETTER.

Thats where you are going to see the PS4's 50% power advantage come into play.

By the way, Dead Rising 3 looks average too. PS4 launch games>>>xbone launch games. Never mind PS4 is 100$ cheaper 50% more powerful

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

lol console "games"

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

I'm not sure what this thread's about anymore. Brofists and his tangents, lol.

KellyKelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 KellyKelly
Member since 2013 • 386 Posts

Looks like a boring B-film, who is going to watch it at the cinema??

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

You've had more accounts banned than that.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@ninjapirate2000 said:

^^^^^^^^

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

:lol: Well done TC.

Gotta hate QTE.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By monsterpuncher

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Derp derp derp. You cant compare them.

Beyond Two Souls is like an evolution of the point and click genres of old! Make a comparison of similar genres at least!

Beyond Two Soul's mechanics were to be expected. It never tries to have traditional gameplay....But it has a great emotional story which more then makes up for it. More tension is arisen from its QTEs. They are just better done and make more sense with what Beyond Two Souls was going for.

I loved Beyond Two Souls for what it was. It was a very innovative unqiue title that tried something different. The story experince was great and I had control through all of it....so it worked. Thats all i cared for with Beyond Two Souls. My choices had consequence. I loved it and was thoroughly entertained. Not all games have to be shooters or hack and slashers etc

Now Ryse on the other hand is trying to disguise itself as a "game" with traditional gameplay...and that is what is truly awful...

Hell, compared to Beyond Two Souls, Ryse has more blatant QTEs that seem way more out of place and yet I bet Ryse still wont come close to telling a story as great and emotional as Beyond Two Soul does. So Beyond Two Souls>Ryse if you truly want to compare!

Funny, Ryse is supposed to be a hack and slasher yet its combat consists of nothing but QTEs lol. God of War has always had great-deep yet accessible-combat, but in comparison to Ryse it has earth shattering depth now lol.

Its also very clear that Ryse is LITERALLY ON RAILS to achieve graphics from the xbone's 50% weaker hardware that are some what "comparable" to PS4 games lol

Gameplay wise, Ryse is the LEAST impressive "next gen"game by far, and that cant be denied from even the most crazed xboner.

P.S

Ryse really is looking like a straight up wannabe copy cat clone of God of War. The trend of Microsoft always copying Sony continues...Micrsoft is not even capable of an original thought

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

lol console "games"

LOL PC "Gamers"

B-apples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 B-apples
Member since 2013 • 72 Posts

The DC out of brofists lately, all that bad PS4 news (game delays, BF4 running at 720p on PS4 etc.) is really getting to ya huh.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Wow, this game sucks.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

If you look closely you can see a missing pixel between that dude's butt cheeks.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 monsterpuncher

@Jankarcop said:

lol xbox one "games"

Fixed for accuracy:)

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By monsterpuncher

@Desmonic said:

So much fail TC. This doesn't warrant (yet another) topic. I do agree that Ryse's QTE's are a bit too much, but I think you can bypass them like in GoW (where QTE's for enemies can be ignored and are only forced in boss fights)? Either way I like the setting, but the gameplay showings haven't been the best.

Not my video, but the video is spot on and highlights the shallow awful combat.

You cant actually by pass the QTEs either.

There is another video proving so, where the QTE prompt is up, the player does nothing, and the prompt stays there while the action sits at a stand still until the player finally decides to do the QTE

Wouldnt be suprised if that has since been changed or will be changed, but it doesnt change the fact the combat in Ryse is centered around QTEs and that it was made with QTEs in mind!

You sound like a butt hurt Ryse fanboy lol. Calm your tits. Facts are facts! The QTEs have been counted in Ryse! We have all had a good laugh!

Also, I did use to think that a game set in Rome could be interesting, but the way Ryse is handling it is.....lets just say im turned off from Rome now! Environments in Ryse are so bland and are like literally corridors etc

Ryse looks like complete garbage gameplay wise. It baffels me how people can say the xbone launch line up is so much better when its biggest game-Ryse, IS complete SHIT. I dont buy that forced narrative at all. Its Microsoft shills spouting non sense AND IT WILL NEVER WORK! Killzone and Knack alone>>>>>>>>>entire mediocre xbone launch line up (quality>quantity)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Do they have a video for GoW?

In God Of war you miss by a split second and you miss the QTE on Ryse you press the right button QTE execute,you press the wrong button QTE execute,you press no button QTE execute...

Another thing i am seeing from this game is how constrictive it is,the games guide you through narrow passes,and enclosed areas,is easy to see that to have as much visual as possible Cryteck actually had to reduce the fighting area to a very encloses one,this games make Uncharted 3 look like a GTA open.

I wonder how Uncharted 4 been this constrictive on PS4 would look on PS4 probably real life looking.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I would hate to be a developer for that game right now.

What an embarrassment.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I have a better game: let's count the QTEs in Beyond Two Souls and people still call that an amazing "game"

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

lol console "games"

Lol, terrible troll.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

What a joke of a game this is.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@monsterpuncher said:

@Desmonic said:

So much fail TC. This doesn't warrant (yet another) topic. I do agree that Ryse's QTE's are a bit too much, but I think you can bypass them like in GoW (where QTE's for enemies can be ignored and are only forced in boss fights)? Either way I like the setting, but the gameplay showings haven't been the best.

Not my video, but the video is spot on and highlights the shallow laughable combat.

You cant actually by pass the QTEs either.

There is another video proving so, where the QTE prompt is up, the player does nothing, and the promt stays there while the action sits at a stand still until the player finally does the QTE

They probably will change that but it doesnt change the fact the combat in Ryse is centered around QTEs and was made with QTEs at the forefront!

You honestly sound like a pissed off but hurt Ryse fanboy lol. Calm yourself!

Now, I did always use to think that a game set in Rome would be iteresting but the way Ryse is handling it is laughable..All environments appear bland and are like literally corridors etc

Ryse looks like garbage. It baffels me how people can say the xbone launch line up is so much better. I dont buy that narrative at all. Its got to be shills spouting non sense

He sounds calm, you sound like you're getting worked up though.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Haha hate all you want, this game looks like it is going to be fun. Btw, the QTE's people keep on griping about are purely optional

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Lets count brofists alts.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By monsterpuncher

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Also to add to what i said,

In Beyond Two Souls you have dialogue/gameplay options that can dramitically alter the out come of the story! New scenes can play out or you can miss entire scenes depending on choices you made during Beyond Two Souls.So limited gameplay in Beyond Two Soul allows for more NON-linear,complex,open ended, dynamic narative/story.

But not to mention that you can take control of Aiden at any time and explore etc. So you do have some gameplay freedom in Beyond Two Souls...

What is Ryse's extremely limited gameplay offering lol! NOTHING!

Ryse's wont even come close to having as complex or dynamic narative as Beyond Two Souls

Beyond Two Souls was a revolutionary different kind of inter-active narrative experience!

Ryse is just a shallow scripted QTE FEST TRYING to disguise itself as a game in where at best its a poor mans,extremely dumbed down God of War

Dont you ever insult Beyond Two Souls by comparing it to Ryse

Why dont you bring up The Wolf Among Us instead? Because The Wolf Among Us has more QTES/ LESS control/and LESS"gameplay" then Beyond Two Souls while having a worse story then Beyond Two Souls...oh thats right, you brought up Beyond Two Souls instead becuase youre a butt hurt xbot in damage control mode

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By monsterpuncher

@seanmcloughlin said:

I have a better game: let's count the QTEs in Beyond Two Souls and people still call that an amazing "game"

Ive already debunked this stupid talking point. Damn hermit/lemming

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

LMFAO!

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

I have no problem with the Ryse hate just don't say it "flops" when it gets released because according to everyone on this board it will be the worst game ever created.

snugenz_irl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 snugenz_irl
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

@monsterpuncher said:
@seanmcloughlin said:

Ive already debunked this stupid talking point. Pay attention xbot

You havn't debunked anything you just did what you usually do...

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By monsterpuncher

@YD_11 said:

Haha hate all you want, this game looks like it is going to be fun. Btw, the QTE's people keep on griping about are purely optional

Its exciting TO YOU....to the majority its boring, its looking like garbage. Ryse is getting widely panned for a reason.

And NO the QTEs are NOT optional. Cryteck can PR it all they want...You can CLEARLY see in every gameplay video of it out there that the combat is based around QTEs

Some xbot said i have been damage controling, lol there is no need to when PS4>>xbone in every way, and when the fact is xbots like you have been damage controlling Ryse to no end. Proof? Your post! Xbots have also been in hard core desperation mode, like Microsoft has been, and have been damage controlling since the PS4 reveal dropped megatons and since the xbone has been complete shit since its reveal too.

Xbots are even bringing up Beyond Two Souls in this thread out of no where because their butt is leaking about their scirpted QTE fest Ryse being rightfully made of.

It reeks of pathetic desperation and deflection. Xbots are the worst.

Xbots are the worst

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

Cows will be talking about this game a lot once the reviews come in. Lems will suddenly forget about it.

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

after E3 they went back changed that SORRY!

Loading Video...
jman1553

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jman1553
Member since 2009 • 1332 Posts

I laughed at the Doritos part. Totally out of nowhere.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

after E3 they went back changed that SORRY!

Loading Video...

its still QTE's they just now hid the button prompts with Outline Colors to the Corresponding button

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

already said sean, late yet again.

anyways, it's funny how you put "game" in quotations, yet i bet you are a fan of the countless adventure and point and click titles that the pc is known for, in which heavy rain and beyond are an evolution of. is to the moon a "game"? how about gone home? or dear esther? lol when it comes to consoles you sure have a ton of critiques but somehow pc gets a pass from you. gee....i wonder why.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

LMAO lems are upset. LOL @lostrib "stop making shitty threads! :("

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Lets count the number of Voice of Reason aka Monster Punchers alt accounts.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@monsterpuncher said:

@YD_11 said:

Its exciting TO YOU....to the majority its boring, its looking like garbage. Ryse is getting widely panned for a reason.

And NO the QTEs are NOT optional. Cryteck can PR it all they want...You can CLEARLY see in every gameplay video of it out there that the combat is based around QTEs

Some xbot said i have been damage controling, lol there is no need to, when the fact is xbots like you have been damage controlling Ryse. Proof? Your post! Xbots are even bringing up Beyond Two Souls in this thread out of no where because somebody said something they didnt like about Ryse! It reeks of pathetic desperation and deflection. Xbots are the worst

Yep, it is looking like a fun game to me. Strange how different games appeal to different people. See, the fighting mechanics look similar to Assassin's Creed, a game I quite enjoy playing. In AC you can keep slashing to kill someone or you hit enough in sequence to get a finishing move. And even you know it doesn't look like garbage but your fanboy mentality wont let you say it.

You are wrong though, the QTE's are optional as they are bonus multipliers and you can simply keep slashing to kill people.

TruthBToldShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TruthBToldShow
Member since 2011 • 352 Posts

@ninjapirate2000 said:

Oh yes, QTE's in a cerebral game like BTS should be compared to QTE's in a dude-bro game like Ryse......

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

anyways, it's funny how you put "game" in quotations, yet i bet you are a fan of the countless adventure and point and click titles that the pc is known for, in which heavy rain and beyond are an evolution of. is to the moon a "game"? how about gone home? or dear esther? lol when it comes to consoles you sure have a ton of critiques but somehow pc gets a pass from you. gee....i wonder why.

Oh noes

Xuix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Xuix
Member since 2003 • 233 Posts

@timbers_WSU:

@lazerface216 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

because Lucas arts adventure titles are considered some of the greatest games in existence? Also, quite a few point and click adventure titles contain puzzles and go beyond just clicking x to skip to cutscene.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@monsterpuncher: Old!! I believe the QTE tags have been removed from the game. Everyone who has played the most recent build of the game says the control is very good and fluid.

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads of the day. They could easily count all the QTE in Heavy Rain, Beyond & GoW as well. No wonder cows are the most embarrassing group on SW.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By monsterpuncher

Ive noticed this. Isnt it crazy how xbots criticize Beyond Two Souls for having QTEs and call it a series of "interactive cut scenes"

YET want to give Ryse a free pass for its QTE combat and scripted interactive-ness, that really isnt interactive at all.

Also will praise The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us while criticizing Beyond Two Souls....WHEN Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us have more QTEs, give you less control, and have static more linear stories

Those ARE THE REAL cases of hypocrisy here. Xbots proving again and again why they are the worst!

And by the way to call Beyond Two Souls a series of inter active cut scenes (looking at the trolls on neogaf) that is just patently false because you can never change the out come of a cut scene...

Where as in Beyond Two Souls you are given choices and depending on the choices you make you can change or alter the story.

Beyond Two Souls is more of a true video game then Ryse is as a matter of fact because in Beyond Two Souls you are given inputs/choices and the inputs/choices you make can lead to new scenes and even can change the story. There is way more complexity and consequence in Beyond Two Souls etc. Ryse is just a scripted QTE fest with NO PURPOSE.. (kind of similair to how Gears of War is overly linear for no purpose and has awful story/characters so fails even more miserably in trying to be a story driven game)