Lems and 'neutrals', do your best at selling me Kinect 2.0.

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

are you going to disclose what you think makes the Kinect great?

until you do everything I written will stand as factual,

if you had an argument,

you would've stated it,

why make a big fuss by dodging proper questions with non answers and personal attacks.

it is really simple to offer an opinion,

yet you make it seem like offering one is forsaking your personal credulity.

but I could understand that you think that it would make you look stupid to say why the Kinect is better.

Now we enter circular reasoning... This post has already been answered within our conversation. How about we save the go-around, and you just slink away?

BTW, well done on actually responding to anything I posted within my previous quote... Congratulations.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I'd have an easier time selling you an aids riddled saxophone.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

It is a novelty at best. It worked for a couple of games, Kinect Sports bowling and Table Tennis was good.

Other than that it works as a great universal remote. Love saying Xbox On and my cable box, TV, receiver and of course the Xbox One all turn off.

Also kinda cute when the wife uses it and she thinks she's all cool.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@killatwill15 said:

are you going to disclose what you think makes the Kinect great?

until you do everything I written will stand as factual,

if you had an argument,

you would've stated it,

why make a big fuss by dodging proper questions with non answers and personal attacks.

it is really simple to offer an opinion,

yet you make it seem like offering one is forsaking your personal credulity.

but I could understand that you think that it would make you look stupid to say why the Kinect is better.

Now we enter circular reasoning... This post has already been answered within our conversation. How about we save the go-around, and you just slink away?

BTW, well done on actually responding to anything I posted within my previous quote... Congratulations.

you talking about responding is like Stephen hawking talking about jogging

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

you talking about responding is like Stephen hawking talking about jogging

K.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

You can have sex with your 60inch HDicktv

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@Evo_nine said:

@misterpmedia:

Ive got a few more immature comments to make....

Why do you need us to make a purchasing decision? can you make up your own mind with your own research?

Do you want me to buy your underwear for you? Would you also like some relationship advice?

Is avoiding the subject & point a certain type of mastery that lems learn in lemschool? Still waiting for some relevant gaming points for Kinect. I can wait. You can push out one Evo, c'mon.

Ok fine here are a few points that i think you will find beneficial:

* You can navigate, and jerk off, to your favourite beastiality site without touching your gamepad

* you can take a vid of yourself jerking off, so you can watch it over and over

* You can talk to someone/thing other than your mother

* one day they may create a kinect game that simulates making love to a cow

So yeah, buy one.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

@misterpmedia:

your kids / younger siblings could play dance games

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Well... I have an X1.. and I never connected the "Kinect." lol... likely never will... what a piece of overpriced spy trash... I love how they make things more difficult with loopholes if you decide NOT to use it. Other than that, I have no complaints, but since the console was built around the Kinect as the forerunning feature I guess it only makes sense. Without the kinect the Xbox could probably be sold for less than the PS4.

I never bought the PS eye "or whatever that useless contraption is called" either and I would not have gotten the "Kinect" if it was an option... however, by forcing it on people they ensure a lot of people will have one and it is a lot more likely that they sell higher amounts of Kinect software. I expect a kinectless version of the X1 in a year or less, so would just wait if the extra price for a useless piece of crap is something you can't stomach.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the X1 so far though and I like it more than I ever did the 360. I am impressed by all three consoles... which is a lot better than last gen when I was impressed by 0/3.

So I did exactly the opposite of selling you a Kinect, so how'd I do? lol

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@batt1eratt1e said:

@misterpmedia: My only beef is it's not a SW topic by a standard that a mod locked a previous thread of mine. Mods picking and choosing what qualifies to lock instead of having a set standard. I had a similar thread that go nowhere near this many responses before it was swiftly locked. Different spanks for different ranks.

lol and what is a standard system wars topic? This is very much a valid topic. It's already provided much discussion between 'factions'. So basically telling mods to lock my thread out of spite because you're upset they locked your thread? Come on man how childish is that. Not to mention you're completely oblivious to the "500post, new thread topic rule" which means you need to have posted on here 500 times before qualifying as a thread creator.

@j_assassin said:

great for party games?

any examples and ideas why it would be good going in the future, as in taking more advantage of the tech inside?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 misterpmedia

@GravityX said:

It is a novelty at best. It worked for a couple of games, Kinect Sports bowling and Table Tennis was good.

Other than that it works as a great universal remote. Love saying Xbox On and my cable box, TV, receiver and of course the Xbox One all turn off.

so do you think they would be able to expand on the library to beyond kinda novelty games and make a hardcore one that doesn't involve sports?

@Evo_nine said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Evo_nine said:

@misterpmedia:

Ive got a few more immature comments to make....

Why do you need us to make a purchasing decision? can you make up your own mind with your own research?

Do you want me to buy your underwear for you? Would you also like some relationship advice?

Is avoiding the subject & point a certain type of mastery that lems learn in lemschool? Still waiting for some relevant gaming points for Kinect. I can wait. You can push out one Evo, c'mon.

Ok fine here are a few points that i think you will find beneficial:

* You can navigate, and jerk off, to your favourite beastiality site without touching your gamepad

* you can take a vid of yourself jerking off, so you can watch it over and over

* You can talk to someone/thing other than your mother

* one day they may create a kinect game that simulates making love to a cow

So yeah, buy one.

So no advantages then? Gotcha. If you didn't have any you could have just trolled and left lol.

@Mystery_Writer said:

@misterpmedia:

your kids / younger siblings could play dance games

True, seems to be the popular use for it looking at this thread(sadly I don't have any kids though lol) party games and games for kids. But let's say you're more of a older, 'hardcore' gamer what type of mainstream use could kinect be actually used for either for a full kinect game or a feature of a game that goes beyond voice commands?

@WitIsWisdom said:

Well... I have an X1.. and I never connected the "Kinect." lol... likely never will... what a piece of overpriced spy trash... I love how they make things more difficult with loopholes if you decide NOT to use it. Other than that, I have no complaints, but since the console was built around the Kinect as the forerunning feature I guess it only makes sense. Without the kinect the Xbox could probably be sold for less than the PS4.

I never bought the PS eye "or whatever that useless contraption is called" either and I would not have gotten the "Kinect" if it was an option... however, by forcing it on people they ensure a lot of people will have one and it is a lot more likely that they sell higher amounts of Kinect software. I expect a kinectless version of the X1 in a year or less, so would just wait if the extra price for a useless piece of crap is something you can't stomach.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the X1 so far though and I like it more than I ever did the 360. I am impressed by all three consoles... which is a lot better than last gen when I was impressed by 0/3.

So I did exactly the opposite of selling you a Kinect, so how'd I do? lol

yes, very well but not like it needed much lol ¬_¬

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#112 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Not really surprised you own one.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Now before you break out the bullet points, I'm strictly referring to game related features and implementations. I don't wanna hear about how good it is at traversing the UI or how 'minority report' the voice commands and hand gestures are. Saying 'Xbox, On!' does not wow me either. At the minute the ones I know about are gimmicky like being able to shout at zombies in DR3(lol, wtf?)

Context: Hopefully at the end of the year I'll be buying a kinectless sku and Quantum Break will have been released(providing it turns out good), not to mention a hefty price drop if sales continue as they are. But in the instance MS keeps kinect as a pack in I was wondering what great benefit Kinect 2.0 actually has to gaming in general for the system and if it's worth waiting until it's eventually dropped even if it takes longer?

Some concerns: I think it's flawed as it doesn't have the advertised 1:1 experience for gaming that plagued the original Kinect and despite being a pack-in will be limited to UI functionality primarily with the odd casual game here and there(D4 & K.S.R). The lack of software also is concerning and shows even MS doesn't have quite as much confidence in it as they thought they had. People are telling me to 'wait and see' or 'hope' that devs use it in the future, which is not really a convincing argument for something I'm paying a premium for.

Do your best!

Why bother? If all the anti-kinect sentiment really does produce a kinect-less sku for xbox one, then the Kinect 2 is as dead in the water as the Kinect 1 was.

It's a new and experimental device. It's only going to be as good as the developers who are willing to try new things make it. If it's not a 100% given that it's installed in every console no one's going to risk adding more than gimmick features with it. It cuts their potential install base.

Oh well, fortunately Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start never gets old....

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@GravityX said:

Clear evidence that Kinect doesn't work. Worthless POS.

P.S., just kidding. I love using Kinect to control my TV. "Xbox, Pause" and "Xbox, Turn Off" are my favorite commands.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#116  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its for the kids and the grandparents mostly. i personally think motion gaming is stupid and the novelty wears off after an hour. people that play it look stupid

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#117  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@misterpmedia:

I'd tell you to form your own opinions if I thought your question was legitimate, but this thread has bait and switch written all over it.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By misterpmedia

@donalbane said:

@misterpmedia:

I'd tell you to form your own opinions if I thought your question was legitimate, but this thread has bait and switch written all over it.

what am I giving you that I'm taking away exactly? lol

My opinion was formed before the thread but I was asking the people of system wars, who actually have kinect, what great use they thought it has to gaming, now and in the future. Better to hear from people who actually have it then go off what I know already, things may have change? Who knows.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#119  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@donalbane said:

@misterpmedia:

what am I giving you that I'm taking away exactly? lol

My opinion was formed before the thread but I was asking the people of system wars, who actually have kinect, what great use they thought it has to gaming, now and in the future. Better to hear from people who actually have it then go off what I know already, things may have change? Who knows.

OK, then. As far as gaming is concerned, it's really only useful for a limited number of genres like dancing, sports and rhythm games (Fantasia). That's the brutal truth. However, Kinect excels at those limited, admittedly casual genres... it's above and beyond what's capable on other platforms.

From what I can tell, third parties aren't into using gestures much at all for their multiplatform releases. We will see audio use, but in a fairly trivial way.

Nevertheless, Microsoft did show off a cool tech demo that showed how Kinect could be incorporated into FPS games prior to launch that may have been a taste of what we can expect in first party offerings - like tapping your temple to switch on alternate vision modes... something I find extremely cool, and pointing to the screen to target things... but so far, those are only teases.

The bottom line is that the Kinect is strictly casual at the moment regarding games. That's fine with me, because despite the limited scope of your questions, I really appreciate the UI applications, the ability to Skype, use gestures on webpages, scanning codes instead of entering them, facial recognition, and the numerous other advantages of having a system that uses a dedicated camera. And I strongly disagree that they will release a Kinect-free system. The disc-free version would be far more likely, though that won't result in a significant price drop, so I doubt either will occur in the near future.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Lol at lemmings itt.

"bu.bu..bu..I'm no salesman" in other words there are no benefits to kinect.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#121  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@misterpmedia: since you're creating goal posts, I will as well. To day was the first time in 36 hours since buying my x1 that I came here. My friend, who is loving life since the USA vs Canada game, but said he didn't buy his ps4 in order to play games his phone can. He wants to get an X1 as well. Last week, Tormentos and I went back and forth about this. First, my friend didn't exist, then I was going to tell him what to say. All the while, Tormentoa kept telling me how ps4 has more games, and I kept pointing out I never said it didn't. But, if a phone can run them, then what's the point of all that "Powah"? Well, I do have games on my X1 and bouncing between them and the games today with a mere word was awesome. DR3, KI have been so much fun. Ryse, I borrowed and its ok. About a 6 in my opinion. Not a 4. Ive played a lot worse, but also a lot better. Game looks great though. All in all, the console is tight. Its a great experience.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

ok.

here is my sales pitch.

you ready?

kinect sucks like a gaping chest wound.

for games.

non game uses are pretty cool.

now here is the clincher.

i don't give a damn what you buy.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia: since you're creating goal posts, I will as well. To day was the first time in 36 hours since buying my x1 that I came here. My friend, who is loving life since the USA vs Canada game, but said he didn't buy his ps4 in order to play games his phone can. He wants to get an X1 as well. Last week, Tormentos and I went back and forth about this. First, my friend didn't exist, then I was going to tell him what to say. All the while, Tormentoa kept telling me how ps4 has more games, and I kept pointing out I never said it didn't. But, if a phone can run them, then what's the point of all that "Powah"? Well, I do have games on my X1 and bouncing between them and the games today with a mere word was awesome. DR3, KI have been so much fun. Ryse, I borrowed and its ok. About a 6 in my opinion. Not a 4. Ive played a lot worse, but also a lot better. Game looks great though. All in all, the console is tight. Its a great experience.

by creating your own goalposts you're pretty much missed the point of the whole thread.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By cainetao11

@misterpmedia:

I did and so did you. Kinect is more than just the tings in your OP

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

When you buy xbox one you are buying from the American company!

that's all I got.

wtf, ur on System Wars lol. ur on an American site(everyday)...so wats the point acting like you hate everything American, hypocrite?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

Yes but my goalposts were set for a reason. Yours were set because you probably weren't enjoying what you were reading so you had to bring up a false equivalence or something. People always harp onto me about why Kinect is sooooo good & revolutionary but I noticed it was always the non gaming featuresso I made this thread to see what the deal was with kinect and the gaming scene seeing as it's attached to a games console. Why is that such a problem? It's a gaming peripheral as it was last gen is it not? I don't get the whole defensive thing lol. I think it's a very interesting subject and has produced some interested, yet depressingly predictable, results.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#127  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

I'd have an easier time selling you a refrigerator at the North Pole, then selling a Cow like the TC a Kinect 2.0.

Does the TC even realize that there aren't any Kinect 2.0 games even released yet for the XB1? There's a demo for Kinect Sports Rivals, but that's about it. The only Kinect app is the free Workout program and that works pretty good. No real games yet.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

WTF at this thread. Yo lemmings, take the L on this and move on. The reality is that Kinect has no meaningful games implementation to sell it to gamers. Not right now, and maybe not ever given how little MS or their partners have shown us to date. It's a nice piece of hardware, but if no developer can think of a way to use it that actually improves upon the gameplay experience, it will always be underutilized.

For those with kids, the Kinect Sports line is always nice. For those who just don't want to get a gym membership like everyone else, Kinect Fitness is an option. But those are very nice software options that provide very limited entertainment after a few sittings. Sadly, for gaming it ends there.

We can hope for something like a sequel to Child of Eden or similar titles, but given how it sold on the 360, that feels unlikely too. But really...if MS can't think of an implementation for it in games that appeals to the core gamer...if they can't create a game that stands up as a brilliant implementation of Kinect for gaming that really serves as the benchmark for what Kinect can be and mean to gaming...well, how can you expect us to convince anyone of its value? How can MS convince its partners to invest extra time or developers into games to add Kinect features?

Right now, all Kinect is good for is auto logging me in and accepting voice commands. I think that's pretty sad for an expensive inclusion in a box that came out at $500. Either they show us between now and E3 why a gamer should care about Kinect, or they will launch a Kinectless SKU before the end of the year. The clock is ticking. Sony is already pulling away in sales and word travels fast.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i don't know if this has been posted but the real question would be: why would anyone give a damn about selling you something? who are you that anyone in this forums should give 1 fuk about you having something?

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

its so funny how NOBODY.. not even lems are trying to defend Kinect here..... is that a sign they can see how poor it is but don't want to admit it.... its so bad they can't even think up BS to sell Kinect... haha i'm creased

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#131  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Ain't nobody got time for that.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 misterpmedia

@Krelian-co said:

i don't know if this has been posted but the real question would be: why would anyone give a damn about selling you something? who are you that anyone in this forums should give 1 fuk about you having something?

You could have just ignored the thread. Thanks for the pointless and baseless comment. Move on, please. Attacking me just because I made a thread you don't like is incredibly hilarious.

noodlevixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 noodlevixen
Member since 2010 • 480 Posts

Honestly if you have to be "sold" to buy an xbone w/ kinect, then you obviously aren't a fan of the hardware and don't like it. Buy what you like, who give a crap what anyone else says or thinks? It's your money.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

TC it's like this for the Kinnect. It is cool but like a lot of people until developer actually make a game like Skyrim for it. Ryse got close. Kinnect will never fully be embraced. I personally like Kinnect counts as a mic and make dancing games much better. But it needs a better diverse games for people to really embrace it.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

I would actually pay to have it removed from my house.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 cainetao11

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

Yes but my goalposts were set for a reason. Yours were set because you probably weren't enjoying what you were reading so you had to bring up a false equivalence or something. People always harp onto me about why Kinect is sooooo good & revolutionary but I noticed it was always the non gaming featuresso I made this thread to see what the deal was with kinect and the gaming scene seeing as it's attached to a games console. Why is that such a problem? It's a gaming peripheral as it was last gen is it not? I don't get the whole defensive thing lol. I think it's a very interesting subject and has produced some interested, yet depressingly predictable, results.

no, you didn't. you could have just read reviews on Kinect games for that. You wanted someone to convince you that your opinion was wrong. That was never going to happen.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

no, you didn't. you could have just read reviews on Kinect games for that. You wanted someone to convince you that your opinion was wrong. That was never going to happen.

If you're no longer contributing to the discussion at hand please calmly leave the thread and ignore it. It's not about what i can do. It's about what people of System Wars could do. Telling me to go read reviews myself is clearly missing the point.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Microsoft is too ignorant to fix this tc.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Now before you break out the bullet points, I'm strictly referring to game related features and implementations. I don't wanna hear about how good it is at traversing the UI or how 'minority report' the voice commands and hand gestures are. Saying 'Xbox, On!' does not wow me either. At the minute the ones I know about are gimmicky like being able to shout at zombies in DR3(lol, wtf?)

Context: Hopefully at the end of the year I'll be buying a kinectless sku and Quantum Break will have been released(providing it turns out good), not to mention a hefty price drop if sales continue as they are. But in the instance MS keeps kinect as a pack in I was wondering what great benefit Kinect 2.0 actually has to gaming in general for the system and if it's worth waiting until it's eventually dropped even if it takes longer?

Some concerns: I think it's flawed as it doesn't have the advertised 1:1 experience for gaming that plagued the original Kinect and despite being a pack-in will be limited to UI functionality primarily with the odd casual game here and there(D4 & K.S.R). The lack of software also is concerning and shows even MS doesn't have quite as much confidence in it as they thought they had. People are telling me to 'wait and see' or 'hope' that devs use it in the future, which is not really a convincing argument for something I'm paying a premium for.

Do your best!

Ok i'll do my best.

1. Go ahead and play exercise games or dance games with a regular controller. You don't like to exercise or dance? What about your kids or other family members that might enjoy that? You don't have any kids or family? Ok fair enough but you can't doubt that it's an excellent controller for those types of experiences and absolutely trumps the standard controller in that area.

2. It does not in any way hold back your regular gaming experiences. For example if you played Guitar hero, does that mean you now have to argue that the guitar is a good controller for COD? No, Kinect is for certain games and the standard X1 controller is good for the regular games. But kinect takes absolutely nothing away from the standard controller and the hardcore game, nothing. Just as the dance mat in DDR, the guitar in guitar hero and the drumset in rockband takes nothing away from the regular hardcore experiences.

3. Your laptop comes with a camera too. Are you bitching about that? No because it doesn't take away from any other part of the system and it has good functionality for it's specific uses. The X1 INCLUDES the kinect. You don't have to bitch about it but it's there and yes you get to use everything it offers if you choose to. Or you can stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist, you won't lose anything and it won't take away from any other part of the system.

Finally, yes all of the gesture and voice commands for the menu and stuff is part of the experience. Ignore if you want but it's there and it's cool if nothing else. Also what about a camera which is pretty amazing that consoles with so much online gaming still don't come with a camera while even the cheapest of cell phones include a camera.

Well, what better camera than the kinect system which is also the best control system for certain games and can be used in various was to improve your interaction with the system.

If you're still not convinced, just buy a PS4 and try to be happy about something in this short trip called life.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

@RedentSC said:

its so funny how NOBODY.. not even lems are trying to defend Kinect here..... is that a sign they can see how poor it is but don't want to admit it.... its so bad they can't even think up BS to sell Kinect... haha i'm creased

There's nothing to defend. There was not a single piece of software during the entire lifetime of Kinect 1.0 (though an argument can be made for Child of Eden) that justified its existence or necessity to gamers. Period. To date, Kinect 2.0 appears to be instant-replay of Kinect 1.0's lifetime and software library. Mediocre Kinect games and middling implementations of insignificant features in games that do support a little functionality.

It has the same issue Kinect always had: reliability. You know the reliability you get when you press B on your controller? It works 100% of the time, and if it didn't you'd throw it away, wouldn't you? For the same reason you'd toss that controller is the same reason why developers can't use the device seriously or liberally in games. If you can't reliably offer 99.99% reliability of input recognition from Kinect, it's largely useless for modern games, most of which require timing, precision, and reliability.

You know, maybe if Kinect came with some sort of gloves that Kinect can see each of your fingers and movements in with 100% reliability, we'd see some interesting things. But with what we have right now...Kinect seems to have no future for core gamers. It can't be defended. Back in 2010 or whenever Kinect 1.0 came out, it was fair to defend it because we didn't know what to expect. It deserved a shot. But we've had 3 or 4 years of Kinect to digest and analyze...

...and what we've seen is nothing worth talking about for core gamers. Sorry, there's no debating or defending it. As I said earlier, MS has between now and E3 to develop a brilliant game or two that justify the existence and investment of Kinect 2.0. If they can't by then, they better be making plans for an SKU that doesn't include it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 cainetao11

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

If you're no longer contributing to the discussion at hand please calmly leave the thread and ignore it. It's not about what i can do. It's about what people of System Wars could do. Telling me to go read reviews myself is clearly missing the point.

I believe I am, when calling you out on your BS. If you want to know about Kinect in regards to gaming features, why not read reviews of Kinect games? Kinect 2.0 is an upgrade to the original, and the original did have Child of Eden which is multiplat, but was received well. And The Gunstringer and Fable the journey which are exclusive which were also received well.

But be real here. You wanted someone to serve up reasons for you shoot down the Kinect 2.0 that's why you limited it to gaming features, knowing its a console that just came out, and the library is very young.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

I believe I am, when calling you out on your BS. If you want to know about Kinect in regards to gaming features, why not read reviews of Kinect games? Kinect 2.0 is an upgrade to the original, and the original did have Child of Eden which is multiplat, but was received well. And The Gunstringer and Fable the journey which are exclusive which were also received well.

But be real here. You wanted someone to serve up reasons for you shoot down the Kinect 2.0 that's why you limited it to gaming features, knowing its a console that just came out, and the library is very young.

There's no BS to call out though, that's just your own baseless assumption.Don't blame me for the results you see in the thread, I didn't pack your kinect in for you. But finally your comment actually has discussion in it, you got there in the end. Pat yourself on the back.

The original kinect was also optional, by including kinect 2.0 with the bone MS is showing that it is a vital peripheral for gaming experiences on the console and it's a stark realisation to notice the lack of bespoke software and the questionable implementations to the few games it has already. How about giving me some ideas that YOU think could improve on it? The Fighter Within was a new take on it but it is desperately flawed to the point where it just isn't fun. Not one ounce.

Being real here, you're basically saying what a lot of people have already said to me. The 'wait and see' argument, which holds little weight. If devs knew everyone was getting it pack in there should be software now or at least information on devs who plan to use it in the future.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By cainetao11

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

There's no BS to call out though, that's just your own baseless assumption.Don't blame me for the results you see in the thread, I didn't pack your kinect in for you. But finally your comment actually has discussion in it, you got there in the end. Pat yourself on the back.

The original kinect was also optional, by including kinect 2.0 with the bone MS is showing that it is a vital peripheral for gaming experiences on the console and it's a stark realisation to notice the lack of bespoke software and the questionable implementations to the few games it has already. How about giving me some ideas that YOU think could improve on it? The Fighter Within was a new take on it but it is desperately flawed to the point where it just isn't fun. Not one ounce.

Being real here, you're basically saying what a lot of people have already said to me. The 'wait and see' argument, which holds little weight. If devs knew everyone was getting it pack in there should be software now or at least information on devs who plan to use it in the future.

Baseless? I based on your goal posts for your purpose of shooting down something. The base has been reiterated repeatedly.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 cainetao11

You start a thread telling someone to sell you something. But upon opening it you handicap the sales people. No BS, there?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

Baseless? I based on your goal posts for your purpose of shooting down something. The base has been reiterated repeatedly.

You brought up the goalposts thing out of no where on your own just because you didn't like the criteria of the thread, from there I just humoured your reasoning for the goalposts comment.

@cainetao11 said:

You start a thread telling someone to sell you something. But upon opening it you handicap the sales people. No BS, there?

Handicap? Are you for real? lol I highlighting the gaming aspect only because it's what kinect's primary function is...or at least should be. If I hadn't of stated that in the OP then all these posts would be UI and voice command related. If anything I've probably brought light to an issue MS needs to address fast if they want people to be sold on kinect for gaming especially if none of the fancy UI or voice command things don't 'wow' the person.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 cainetao11

@misterpmedia:

Yes I am for real. Look I want to buy a car, but you can only sell me one based on the top speed it can hit. Don't tell me about safety options, the stereo, the miles per gallon, the interior, the A/C and heating. That's stupid. Sell me something, but only use this to sell something that is marketed with more to offer. No, you're the one that cant be serious.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

misterpmedia,

Why are you running away from my post?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

Yes I am for real. Look I want to buy a car, but you can only sell me one based on the top speed it can hit. Don't tell me about safety options, the stereo, the miles per gallon, the interior, the A/C and heating. That's stupid. Sell me something, but only use this to sell something that is marketed with more to offer. No, you're the one that cant be serious.

Comparing Kinect to a car. False equivalence. Invalid post.

@Xplode_games said:

misterpmedia,

Why are you running away from my post?

What post?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#149  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Do your best!

Assuming your avatar , youll be able to lose a pound or 2

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 misterpmedia

@AzatiS said:

@misterpmedia said:

Do your best!

Assuming your avatar , youll be able to lose a pound or 2 !

How about asking me out on a date before you flirt with me like that.