Lemmings expect a 1 million npd for titanfall

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

Unless some miracle and video game data doesn't matter, Titanfall should not have as big of an impact such as saving the xbox one and beating the ps4. Lets face the facts that youtube titanfall has only 2 million views on its largest video. We can't really say that a game is going to sell 20 million when only like 3 million people on the planet earth knows this game exists. There are other problems that need to be stated. The google search trend numbers and twitter numbers. Twitter there are only 12,000 tweets for this game. That isn't that large and shows that they need to do something to increase awareness of this game. It is after all coming out in 2 months. Another problem I have is if you look at the last of us and titanfall you would notice that it appears to be trending on googlee in a similar manner. It really has zero chance of selling call of duty numbers. I expect it to sell around 6-8 million with around 2-3 million on xbox one at best. A system seller it isn't. But keep on fighting the good fight. I like seeing irrational crazy fanboyism hype with no data backing it up.

Here is a summary of what I am saying:

Preorder numbers aren't that high

Awareness of the game isn't that high

Twitter and google trends aren't that high

What it needs is a huge marketing campaign and high reviews to sell around where I think it will but that is my opinion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Lemmings aren't even talking about THIS Decembers NPD (so far). So, as far as I can tell, they are a silent faction that can't be spoken for. In fact, Kuu2 is the defacto Lemming King.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

More Titanfall threads than Jakandsigz threads on the front page.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

what lemming is dumb enough to think that titanfall x1 sales will reach ps4 sales?

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

I get the feeling that TC is arguing with himself, against an arguement that nobody has actually put fourth. (on a large enough scale that it warrants this thread)

I dont think anybody actually SAID was is being suggested in the OP .

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@nhh18 said:

Unless some miracle and video game data doesn't matter, Titanfall should not have as big of an impact such as saving the xbox one and beating the ps4. Lets face the facts that youtube titanfall has only 2 million views on its largest video. We can't really say that a game is going to sell 20 million when only like 3 million people on the planet earth knows this game exists. There are other problems that need to be stated. The google search trend numbers and twitter numbers. Twitter there are only 12,000 tweets for this game. That isn't that large and shows that they need to do something to increase awareness of this game. It is after all coming out in 2 months. Another problem I have is if you look at the last of us and titanfall you would notice that it appears to be trending on googlee in a similar manner. It really has zero chance of selling call of duty numbers. I expect it to sell around 6-8 million with around 2-3 million on xbox one at best. A system seller it isn't. But keep on fighting the good fight. I like seeing irrational crazy fanboyism hype with no data backing it up.

What it needs is a huge marketing campaign and high reviews to sell around where I think it will but that is my opinion.

Every game journalist disagrees with your first sentence. I stopped reading after that.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Someone is envious.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@nhh18 said:

Every game journalist disagrees with your first sentence. I stopped reading after that.

Show me a link that shows a journalist saying Titanfall will make the Xflop outsell the PS4.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Not fanboy wars

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

World wide? Very likely. NPD along is kind of hard consider this is a new console

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nhh18

Every game journalist talks out of his ass. It is a hyped game that they like so it will likely score well. I am talking about something else entirely, not the metacritc score but how much it will sell first month. The best selling game in march is super smash brawl but outside of that march hasn't had many games outsell a million. So I have no idea why people are thinking that it is going to break march sales records. If they delay it (which they should) to November, and December. I expect it would sell 1.5 million first month. They chose a weird date to release a big title. Also lemmings are the worlds dumbest animal so it isn't any surprise that people think that I am envious about this game.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

#

@StrongBlackVine said:

@StormyJoe said:

@nhh18 said:

Show me a link that shows a journalist saying Titanfall will make the Xflop outsell the PS4.

Look up IGN's coverage of E3 - they all say it will be a system seller. I did not say that all of a sudden the XB1 will outsell the PS4. But, you said it will have no impact, and I don't agree with that - and neither do journalists.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nhh18

@StormyJoe said:

#

@StrongBlackVine said:

@StormyJoe said:

@nhh18 said:

Look up IGN's coverage of E3 - they all say it will be a system seller. I did not say that all of a sudden the XB1 will outsell the PS4. But, you said it will have no impact, and I don't agree with that - and neither do journalists.

I said neither. I said it will sell 1 million npd first month.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

#

@StrongBlackVine said:

@StormyJoe said:

@nhh18 said:

I never said it will have no impact. I did say the Xflop version of Titanfall will sell less than inFAMOUS Second Son....

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nhh18

@StrongBlackVine said:

@StormyJoe said:

#

@StrongBlackVine said:

@StormyJoe said:

@nhh18 said:

I never said it will have no impact. I did say the Xflop version of Titanfall will sell less than inFAMOUS Second Son....

Infamous is going to get crushed by titanfall. That is just a fact. It is hyped 1/4 of titan fall so it should sell 1.5-2 million

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@nhh18:

Regardless of hype, can a multiplayer only repetitive shooter really sell better than a solid single player game? When talking total sales into consideration, Titanfall may do better since its on three platforms but as for next gen console platforms, Second Son may walk away with it. But then of course Lems will just ignore the X1 sales and quote sales for X1, 360 and PC and call it a win.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

lol hahahaha

TC judging number of sales by number of youtube views

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nhh18

@k2theswiss said:

lol hahahaha

TC judging number of sales by number of youtube views

I don't have much data unlike big companies. I base it off of the data that I do have which is twitter, youtube, and google trends.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Cows fear of Titanfall is amazing, lol.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Murderstyle75

@shawn30:

Don't think most care. When has one game ever crippled somebodies console? Halo CE and Halo 2 broke records everywhere. The first Xbox still only sold 24 million consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Here's an idea... Wait for the release, then talk about sales. Until then, you're just spewing your opinionated BS.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

All I ever read on these forums are Cows bashing Titanfall. They talk about it more than the Lemmings.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@sailor232 said:

All I ever read on these forums are Cows bashing Titanfall. They talk about it more than the Lemmings.

They really do... It's an arguing point, and a poor one.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

What's the point of pre-ordering if stores will have it in stock anyways?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

TitanFall will achieve what has never been done in gaming or any other form of sales.

Units sold will surpass the console sales. That's right there will be more TitanFall games than X1 out there.

How? Because people will be buying copies to frame in their living room, to keep in their cars glove box, to give as gift at at weddings, to have a copy with you when you walk in the park, to have local fire companies hand out to homeless people.

It will become a way of life for most of America and the rest of the world.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#26 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

If microsoft advertises the hell out it, it will sell an assload. There are plenty of "Dude-bro" gamers that would be interested in COD with mechs. I'm not confident that it will sell 1 million though.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Murderstyle75

@remiks00:

Here's the thing though. It's not Microsofts game meaning any advertising done will be from EA.

Its also hard to market a game like this. Activision said that a big reason COD still has a campaign is because its a lot easier to market.

I don't know why Lems care so much anyway. Chance are, the series will eventually go multiplat anyway. Then like Destiny, it becomes irrelevant in SW.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Didn't someone say they are finding it hard to market as it's a multiplayer only game (hard to make trailer and such). And no matter how amazing this game might be many consider it to not be a full game, much like Counterstrike is not a full game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Gamers are growing tired of playing these shallow bro games year after year. People that are expecting COD peak-level sales are delusional and living in the past.

Avatar image for full_disclosure
full_disclosure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 full_disclosure
Member since 2008 • 955 Posts

The cow envy of titanfall is reaching epic levels! Quickly approaching halo levels.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Cows/Ps4 owners are even sabotaging Titanfall youtube videos

Witness Envy.

Glad some youtube mods are deleting most of their jelly and illogical comments.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Witness Envy.

Really? Got an example, i've flicked through the three most popular videos and can't see anything out of the ordinary, dislike bar isn't bigger than you'd expect.

Anyway i'm really surprised, i ignored the people who kept saying the hype was manufactured but it seems like it is. For a supposedly "big" multiplat game those youtube views are low and a lot of the comments seem to be PC gamers as well. Sounds like it's just the loud minority on here that influenced me before.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Witness Envy.

Really? Got an example, i've flicked through the three most popular videos and can't see anything out of the ordinary, dislike bar isn't bigger than you'd expect.

Anyway i'm really surprised, i ignored the people who kept saying the hype was manufactured but it seems like it is. For a supposedly "big" multiplat game those youtube views are low and a lot of the comments seem to be PC gamers as well. Sounds like it's just the loud minority on here that influenced me before.

I guess i was wrong using the word Sabotaging, more like constant bashing but it is pointless anyway since most people call them trolls and tend to ignore them.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

1m combined doesn't sound unrealistic.

1m on X1? IDK.. it'll reach that point but probably not overnight.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

@j2zon2591 said:

Yes it will based off hype alone. Xbone owners have no games to play right now. They will flock to it because they are starving for games. If freaking Killzone SF can sell a million with only 4-5 million PS4's, then titanfall can sell a million with 3-4 million xbones off of hype alone.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#36 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Hype generated by the stereotype Xbox audience MS has cornered are going to sell at least 4m copies. I'm still not sold on the game based on its conceptual premise.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

man this piece of crap is being over hyped to some extent... lol

This game will probably not flop overall, but it will be a MAJOR flop for the levels some people think it will reach..

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#38  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@remiks00:

Here's the thing though. It's not Microsofts game meaning any advertising done will be from EA.

Its also hard to market a game like this. Activision said that a big reason COD still has a campaign is because its a lot easier to market.

I don't know why Lems care so much anyway. Chance are, the series will eventually go multiplat anyway. Then like Destiny, it becomes irrelevant in SW.

That makes sense, I didn't think about that aspect. Personally, even though I switched to PC gaming for this new gen, I'm more excited about Destiny; which is currently only announced for consoles. It's one of the many reasons I bought a PS4 (Japanese titles, and Naughty Dog).

Titanfall is being extremely overhyped on here though. Although, I hope the game is good, looks fun.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@remiks00:

EA made a deal with Microsoft to market the game. Microsoft will handle the bill for the marketing.. Expect ads to be everywhere, and the series is already multiplat. It will have no problem hitting 1 million..

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By nhh18

@j2zon2591 said:

1m npd first month combined. Do you understand how big a game has to be to get in the 2 million range. Mass Effect 3 did 1.3 million. Do you think this game will do better first month? Do you expect that titanfall is going to sell gazillion because you say so? Bioshock Infinite only sold 878 first month. Do you understand how unrealistic xbox fans are about this game?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

"saving the xbox one" some people take this stuff way too seriously.

Fanboys don't want to admit it, but X1 has had a healthy launch and there is no indications that it needs saving.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@shawn30 said:

Its really not. Cows have shown to be the biggest cowards for the last gen and even since the announcement of Sony selling 4.2 million systems. Every post they make wreaks of fear and desperation. December NPD was a wake up call for Cows that thought the PauperStation4 was going to run away with things. This gen is going to be a dog fight and Sony better buckle down.

Titanfall is a system seller and MSoft yet again has great games at launch and within the first year. Hey at least Sony has 1.8tflops and self proclaimed stronger console without actual games to prove it.

TITANFALL COMETH!!!!!!!!

And no it won't sell a million in its first month, that is a ridiculous number for a brand new franchise.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#43  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If it's actually a good game, which is not guaranteed with all the consolite reviewers praising it, then I can see it do much better on PC than on consoles.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I'm expecting 2 million on xbone alone day 1 US, 10/10 on every site, and title for best game and exclusive of the generation.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@remiks00:

Both Sony and M.S. have advertised 3rd Party games in the past so I don't see why MS wouldn't advertise T.F. which is a game that is NOT available on Sony consoles. Titan Fall is an advantage for XB right now as you can't buy it on a Sony console yet and you have no idea if it will release down the line for Sony consoles as you don't know the terms of the contract.

Back to topic. No one can guess what the effects of TitanFall are going to be as there has never been a Titanfall in the past and New IP rarely start off strong. Usually takes a bit of word of mouth for New IP to take off. I don't expect much of a bump for Titanfall at all. I do expect T.F. to do well with XB1's existing base.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@nhh18 said:

Every game journalist talks out of his ass. It is a hyped game that they like so it will likely score well. I am talking about something else entirely, not the metacritc score but how much it will sell first month. The best selling game in march is super smash brawl but outside of that march hasn't had many games outsell a million. So I have no idea why people are thinking that it is going to break march sales records. If they delay it (which they should) to November, and December. I expect it would sell 1.5 million first month. They chose a weird date to release a big title. Also lemmings are the worlds dumbest animal so it isn't any surprise that people think that I am envious about this game.

You realize they would have more competition if the released it in the fall right? Maybe you werent around in 2007/2008 when great new ip's like Dead Space, Mass Effect and Mirrors Edge saw dismal sales due to an overcrowded lineup of fall games.

GTA 4 came out in an April and GTA V was originally set for a spring release. Great games sell well no matter when theyre released.

EA surely doesnt want to start promoting the hell out of Titanfall when BF 4 has only been out for a couple of months. Marketing campaign should go into full swing in mid to late Feb.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cranler

@KungfuKitten said:

If it's actually a good game, which is not guaranteed with all the consolite reviewers praising it, then I can see it do much better on PC than on consoles.

Why? This game should appeal to COD fans the most. Only shooters from valve sell better on pc.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#48  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Cranler:

I just don't think that this is going to be like COD. I don't equate COD to a good game. I find killstreaks to be shoddy game design and the way they treated fans by splitting the userbase with the overly expensive mappacks and the yearly reiterations and the overall cheap feeling of the campaigns (the game trying too hard to make you feel like you are awesome while you didn't actually do anything of interest like so many cinematic games these days). And the broken fake lag they put in the games and the lack of server filters or browser in some cases. And the stoneage gamedesign with their invisible walls and retro graphics and incredibly overly obviously scripted events and the god awful spawnpoints for both AI and players and the very inconsistent quality of the modes they add like they don't care.

I'm kinda hoping that Titanfall won't be anything like COD. Those sound like Activision decisions more so then Infinity Ward decisions.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cranler

@kuu2 said:

@shawn30 said:

And no it won't sell a million in its first month, that is a ridiculous number for a brand new franchise.

Gears did it.