Last of Us for PS4 goes gold

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

For those of you who already play Last of Us on PS3, this game is not for you!!! This is for those who never play it and want PS4 this Gen, most likely from Xbox 360 and now are getting ready to experience the best Survival game that is The Last of Us. Yes I already play it but it is still optional if you want to play it again since I no longer own PS3 and never got a chance to play all the DLC, didn't get all my Trophies and now I can do it on PS4. If you already play it on PS3, then good for you, this is not for you anyway.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

It was gold last year.

But seriously, I'm glad. I'll still buy it, I'm just a little disappointed in the lack of difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions. But then again, it's not really for me I guess. It's more for the people that jumped platforms within the gens.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Why haven't they shown gameplay footage?

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Only wrong thing so far is the price. Really should be a 30$ product, like the PS2->PS3 remakes (most of which 2-3 games in a single package).

The ps3 version is priced at $39.99 without dlc... This includes all the dlc(worth $20), plus all of the improvements to the game for $49.99 no reasonable person would complain about the price.

The DLC is worth nothing since it's content that should be in the game. We all know this, only brainwashed people don't.

The game is worth $30, nothing more, could go with less.

EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 EducatingU_PCMR

@chikenfriedrice said:

I never finished it on the PS3.....so I will be playing this remastered version but via Gamefly....you will not get my 50 bucks ND.

Best decision, m8.

ND doesn't deserve a penny for their greediness.

I suggest everyone on this board to buy the game used.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Yes I am buying this. I too never bought it for PS3.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#58 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

For those of you who already play Last of Us on PS3, this game is not for you!!! This is for those who never play it and want PS4 this Gen, most likely from Xbox 360 and now are getting ready to experience the best Survival game that is The Last of Us. Yes I already play it but it is still optional if you want to play it again since I no longer own PS3 and never got a chance to play all the DLC, didn't get all my Trophies and now I can do it on PS4. If you already play it on PS3, then good for you, this is not for you anyway.

yeah, it's for guys like me then _P

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR: "The DLC is worth nothing since it's content that should be in the game. We all know this, only brainwashed people don't.

The game is worth $30, nothing more, could go with "

If by brain washed, you mean people, like myself, who aren't financially strapped, and have no qualms dropping the cash for it.

Sorry you're poor. Not all of us have that problem, however.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 The_Last_Ride

@Desmonic said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68: No KAZ skin for MP though.

The gods have failed us!

what about Brohei Broshida?

And just like that, it's not even worth $5 now! Way to go ND! You blew it!

Shouldn't Adam Boyes also be included or is it too early :P?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@amazonangry: See you said it yourself. "Have no qualms with dropping the cash" it's not about being poor, it's about being unsure of the value of the product. Not everyone with money mindlessly spends.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@EducatingU_PCMR: "The DLC is worth nothing since it's content that should be in the game. We all know this, only brainwashed people don't.

If by brain washed, you mean people, like myself, who aren't financially strapped, and have no qualms dropping the cash for it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Waiting for the PS3 version to be $20.

That's what I was doing until they announced this. Now I am waiting on this version to drop to $20.

EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 EducatingU_PCMR

@scottpsfan14 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR: Gawd the hate!!

If it's hate then I'd suggest not getting it in any way.

The game is not worth $50.

Lazy ass port on top of that. Look at Tomb Raider remastered, a game that on PS3 already looked better than TLOU (which is on the level of the 1st Uncharted for everything except character models), and TR DE turned out to look really good. Of course it was also overpriced, but at least it was improved.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Still $60?

Still a joke. Didn't buy Tomb Raider at that price, and there's no way I'm going to do the same for this game. Bargain box, last gen game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib

@bbkkristian said:

Still $60?

Still a joke. Didn't buy Tomb Raider at that price, and there's no way I'm going to do the same for this game. Bargain box, last gen game.

$50

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

Still $60?

its 50

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Flubbbs: @lostrib: I'm shocked. I take back 10% of my post. Thanks for clearing that up btw.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Only wrong thing so far is the price. Really should be a 30$ product, like the PS2->PS3 remakes (most of which 2-3 games in a single package).

The ps3 version is priced at $39.99 without dlc... This includes all the dlc(worth $20), plus all of the improvements to the game for $49.99 no reasonable person would complain about the price.

Not many reasonable people around I suppose (all DLC amounted to more than $20 also). I also find it funny how everyone completely ignores the fact that we've yet to see in game footage of the improvements, yet everyone is more than content to base it off that pre-rendered comparison as if that's the end all be all of it.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I'm thinking of trading in my ps3 version and some of the other boring games like god of war ascension and LBP2... wonder how much it will cost with the trade in value.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#71  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

crap title crap company so no i'm staying well clear of this game.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Get ready for the PS4 version, it's now gone gold. It's confirmed by the lead animator of Naughty Dog. Going to get this, because i didn't buy it for the PS3. So i am really looking forward to this game on the PS4. Are you buying this?

Link

Really great news for the people that havent played TLOU on PS3.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 The_Last_Ride

@AzatiS said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Get ready for the PS4 version, it's now gone gold. It's confirmed by the lead animator of Naughty Dog. Going to get this, because i didn't buy it for the PS3. So i am really looking forward to this game on the PS4. Are you buying this?

Link

yup, awesome news :D

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#74 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

3 full games for $30 (with arguably harder and bigger performance jumps) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $50 for a year old game with better textures and framerate.

And I love TLOU, one of the best games I've played on the PS3. That, however, doesn't stop me from finding this a somewhat crappy deal, considering the previous deals we got.

Yeah no :D

You get the $15 DLC included, so what a VALUE that SONY and Naughty Gods have given us.

ALL PRAISE SONY!

The GOAT of GOATS!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#75 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@amazonangry said:

Of course it's gold. It was gold when it was still an idea scribbled down on a napkin.

The most awarded game of all time returns again, to humble the competition.

SDC

You are just simply awful.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@AzatiS said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Link

yup, awesome news :D

:)

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Zzzzzzz.. Zzzzzz...
Wake me when Uncharted 4 is on retail shelves.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 The_Last_Ride

@blackace said:

you like Uncharted more? I didn't like the series so much. I am currently in the second game near the end. It has not impressed me whatsoever

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Will probably rent it. a 10 hour game where the best bits are its graphics and story which can be you tubed is hardly worth the asking price.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Will probably rent it. a 10 hour game where the best bits are its graphics and story which can be you tubed is hardly worth the asking price.

No.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@amazonangry said:

I think he was refering to smart gamers and not rich ignorant ones.

I easily have the funds as well, but I wouldn't be stupid enough to waste $50 more dollars on a game I've already played on the PS3. Extra content or not. I'll sell my PS3 version for $25 and then use that money to get this version when the price drops. This way, I don't lose a dime on getting this for the PS4. See.. that's what smart gamers do.

@The_Last_Ride said:
@blackace said:

you like Uncharted more? I didn't like the series so much. I am currently in the second game near the end. It has not impressed me whatsoever

Not saying TLOU is a bad game, but the best part about it is the story. The gameplay isn't overly spectacular. Yes, I liked the first 2 Uncharted games.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Can't wait to play the best game of last gen again.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

3 full games for $30 (with arguably harder and bigger performance jumps) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $50 for a year old game with better textures and framerate.

And I love TLOU, one of the best games I've played on the PS3. That, however, doesn't stop me from finding this a somewhat crappy deal, considering the previous deals we got.

I don't think you understand. To lower the price further would make the ps3 version have 0 value. There needs to be a balance, regardless of what has happened last gen and how much of a cash grab it is to not have backwards compatibility.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 lostrib

@Suppaman100: that just sounds kind of sad

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Nice. I only played through the PS3 version once, so I don't mind double-dipping.

Why don't you just play through the PS3 version again? -_-

It's not a good deal any way you slice it. (Unless you've never played it at all, and in that case you should immediately buy this awesome game. The multiplayer was amazing.) It's barely a year old. The upgrade in graphical fidelity isn't significant. And the price is only $10 less than the original game.

Yeah I understand that the DLC adds to the value of the Remaster but I remember when there was no such thing as DLC and a game came fully loaded with everything that it was intended to come with. Never been a fan of DLC.

If it was 20-30 I may be inclined to grab a copy, but until then Sony/ND won't get a cent from me.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

I don't think you understand. To lower the price further would make the ps3 version have 0 value. There needs to be a balance, regardless of what has happened last gen and how much of a cash grab it is to not have backwards compatibility.

So you're telling me that EVERYONE who had a PS3 has a PS4? Because that's the only way it'll have 0 value.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Why don't you just play through the PS3 version again? -_-

It's not a good deal any way you slice it. (Unless you've never played it at all, and in that case you should immediately buy this awesome game. The multiplayer was amazing.) It's barely a year old. The upgrade in graphical fidelity isn't significant. And the price is only $10 less than the original game.

Yeah I understand that the DLC adds to the value of the Remaster but I remember when there was no such thing as DLC and a game came fully loaded with everything that it was intended to come with. Never been a fan of DLC.

If it was 20-30 I may be inclined to grab a copy, but until then Sony/ND won't get a cent from me.

I want to see how it fares on PS4, so i've been holding off playing it again. I got rid of my PS3 copy, which means i'd need to borrow it from my brother.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#89 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I enjoyed the Last of Us, but there are a lot of threads on it lately...