Last of Us for PS4 goes gold

• 88 results
#1 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73543 posts) -

Get ready for the PS4 version, it's now gone gold. It's confirmed by the lead animator of Naughty Dog. Going to get this, because i didn't buy it for the PS3. So i am really looking forward to this game on the PS4. Are you buying this?

Link

#2 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Get ready for the PS4 version, it's now gone gold. It's confirmed by the lead animator of Naughty Dog. Going to get this, because i didn't buy it for the PS3. So i am really looking forward to this game on the PS4. Are you buying this?

Link

For sure. I always support excellence. I never played the dlc, so dlc+new difficulty has me even more excited.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (41964 posts) -

Again.

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73543 posts) -

@ladyblue: I have been hearing so much stuff about this game

#5 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

Never played it so yeah, probably, but it's not my priority right now. I've got around 7 games to play.

#6 Posted by Blabadon (27715 posts) -

Might try it because graphics and because the original was great.

#8 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

It's one of the best games of all time(finished it more than three times). The MP was surprisingly addictive & challenging.

#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73543 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

It's one of the best games of all time(finished it more than three times). The MP was surprisingly addictive & challenging.

yeah i am really looking forward to it

#10 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Only wrong thing so far is the price. Really should be a 30$ product, like the PS2->PS3 remakes (most of which 2-3 games in a single package).

The ps3 version is priced at $39.99 without dlc... This includes all the dlc(worth $20), plus all of the improvements to the game for $49.99 no reasonable person would complain about the price.

#12 Posted by lostrib (40192 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Only wrong thing so far is the price. Really should be a 30$ product, like the PS2->PS3 remakes (most of which 2-3 games in a single package).

The ps3 version is priced at $39.99 without dlc... This includes all the dlc(worth $20), plus all of the improvements to the game for $49.99 no reasonable person would complain about the price.

actually it's priced at $30

#13 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11543 posts) -

No way I'm buying it at 50 dollars. So I'll be renting it. Whenever it drops to 20 I'll pick it up.

#14 Posted by silversix_ (15331 posts) -

Not buying it and don't support milking. Bought it last year and it was my goty but enough of it i want the sequel

#15 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

actually it's priced at $30

$39.99 though some stores might price it on their own terms.

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

3 full games for $30 (with arguably harder and bigger performance jumps) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $50 for a year old game with better textures and framerate.

And I love TLOU, one of the best games I've played on the PS3. That, however, doesn't stop me from finding this a somewhat crappy deal, considering the previous deals we got.

Why are you even comparing it to collection remakes of games released from 5 to 10 years ago. This is a complete edition just like Tomb Raider was(that one sold for $60/50 can't remember right now). Surprised so many are failing to grasp whats in front of them.

#16 Posted by darkangel115 (1952 posts) -

Meh, I brought it last year, I'm not buying it again.

#18 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18149 posts) -

Waiting for the PS3 version to be $20.

#19 Edited by aroxx_ab (10548 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

No way I'm buying it at 50 dollars. So I'll be renting it. Whenever it drops to 20 I'll pick it up.

If you never played it... it is worth 50dollars...

#20 Posted by lostrib (40192 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Waiting for the PS3 version to be $20.

you can probably get it used for that price

#21 Posted by Zethrickk382 (260 posts) -

Day one, and the price is very fair.

#22 Posted by heretrix (37487 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

It's one of the best games of all time...

Eh.

#23 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@ladyblue said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Eh.

Uh.

#24 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11543 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

If you never played it... it is worth 50dollars...

I've played it already on my PS3. If I hadn't bought it I'd say that it was an excellent price for me.

#25 Posted by heretrix (37487 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@heretrix said:

@ladyblue said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Eh.

Uh.

EXACTLY.

#26 Posted by Heil68 (46200 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

3 full games for $30 (with arguably harder and bigger performance jumps) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $50 for a year old game with better textures and framerate.

And I love TLOU, one of the best games I've played on the PS3. That, however, doesn't stop me from finding this a somewhat crappy deal, considering the previous deals we got.

Yeah no :D

You get the $15 DLC included, so what a VALUE that SONY and Naughty Gods have given us.

ALL PRAISE SONY!

#27 Posted by dalger21 (1221 posts) -

As much as I loved the game, I don't see a reason to by it again unless it's 39.99 or lower. If they offered some sort of discount for those that purchased it last year, I would be open to that as well but it doesn't appear that is the case.

#29 Posted by Terrencec06 (3590 posts) -

I'm still not sure if I'll be picking it up at that price yet either.

#30 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

You get the $15 DLC included, so what a VALUE that SONY and Naughty Gods have given us.

ALL PRAISE SONY!

Don't be ridiculous...

#31 Posted by Heil68 (46200 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

ALL PRAISE SONY!

Don't be ridiculous...

Top 5 VOALT

#33 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73543 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68: No KAZ skin for MP though.

The gods have failed us!

what about Brohei Broshida?

#34 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Top 5 VOALT

You can do better than that.

#36 Edited by inb4uall (5931 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

@Desmonic said:

@ladyblue said:

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, no.

This ^, Not even close to a good deal.

#37 Edited by PAL360 (27098 posts) -

Never played it, so day one =)

#38 Posted by Heil68 (46200 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@Heil68 said:

Top 5 VOALT

You can do better than that.

Don't need to, Naughty Gods already did.

#39 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Of course it's gold. It was gold when it was still an idea scribbled down on a napkin.

The most awarded game of all time returns again, to humble the competition.

SDC

#40 Posted by lostrib (40192 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Of course it's gold. It was gold when it was still an idea scribbled down on a napkin.

The most awarded game of all time returns again, to humble the competition.

SDC

cool story bro

#41 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@lostrib: "Cool story bro"

Your Caesar is unfamiliar with this lower class slang, citizen. Please explain.

#42 Edited by SolidTy (45195 posts) -

No, I got the Platinum in The Last of Us and that required like four playthroughs, twice on the hardest "Survivor" setting. Great game, but I'm sick of playing it.

The MP was awesome though and the included DLC has my interest...so I may pick this up a year from now for $20 to try the DLC...assuming the PS3 DLC doesn't go on a super sale first. Whatever comes first. As a bonus, if a bunch of my friends are playing the MP on PS4 that would be another reason to buy for $20 or less for me. I can understand those that never played it are excited, but not me. I didn't buy Zelda WW HD either, nor did I pick up Tomb Raider remastered and I have no plans on Metro Redux or The Master Chief Collection.

I bought these next gen machines to play next gen games and get new experiences, not relive other older great experiences...at least at full retail all over again.

#43 Posted by lostrib (40192 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

What's all this caesar shit?

#44 Posted by Solid_Link22 (5686 posts) -

I will be getting it day one

#45 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6175 posts) -
@amazonangry said:

XboxDone74 returns.

#46 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10624 posts) -

I never finished it on the PS3.....so I will be playing this remastered version but via Gamefly....you will not get my 50 bucks ND.

#47 Posted by biggest_loser (24105 posts) -

Good luck to anyone playing this for the first time.

#48 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6175 posts) -
@chikenfriedrice said:

I never finished it on the PS3.....so I will be playing this remastered version but via Gamefly....you will not get my 50 bucks ND.

Lol. Always that little bit of grudge holding towards SONY I see. You have both consoles, but SONY will always be second best in your eyes. That's no way for a poor PS4 to live. In the shadow of an Xbox One :'(

#49 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10624 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Lol. Always that little bit of grudge holding towards SONY I see. You have both consoles, but SONY will always be second best in your eyes. That's no way for a poor PS4 to live. In the shadow of an Xbox One :'(

Haha these consoles do not have feelings....but you are correct the PS4 is my red headed step child. I am sure I will enjoy it as more games are released.

#50 Posted by lundy86_4 (43891 posts) -

Nice. I only played through the PS3 version once, so I don't mind double-dipping.