Kinect sells 2.5 Million in first 25 days

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigboss5ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 bigboss5ak
Member since 2007 • 2962 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

2.5 MILLION IS A FLOP CONSIDERING THE FACT what ms expected it to do -they wanted to take down wii ,

plus how much is that compared to the overall userbase ! 34 million? pft , until it passes the 10.5 gameboyplayers sold world wide its not considered much more then a hype peripheral/add-on

Where's the quote that MS said they wanted to take down the wii?? The only thing they have been expecting of kinect is 5 million sold by years end.
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 TheXFiles88
Member since 2008 • 1040 Posts

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Kinect a success? No way, but all the haters in SW were saying it was gonna fail. What happened?

Its on pace for 4.5 - 5 million before the end of the year.

sireclaborn

When people said it was gonna fail, I doubt they were talking about sales numbers. Most of us don't give a **** about sales.

agreed..everyone knows that kinect is going to sell for the holidays but after the holidays is another question.. will people play kinect after the holidays...will there be decent hardcore games..my guess is no..

TGS2010 says HI....

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 sireclaborn
Member since 2008 • 1305 Posts
^^care to explain?
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Kinect a success? No way, but all the haters in SW were saying it was gonna fail. What happened?

ImaPirate0202

When people said it was gonna fail, I doubt they were talking about sales numbers. Most of us don't give a **** about sales.

Really? So what is your definition of FAILURE if a device sells millions in less then a month and appeals to the general public? So you called the Wii a FAILURE just because it doesn't appeal to you but to 70mil world wide gamers?

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
thats a good news
tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#106 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts
That is VERY impressive. But my question is: How many people have already felt that they got their money's worth by now? And how buyers are still waiting to get their money's worth? I mean we're talking $150 peripheral. Surely, not everyone could have felt they got their money's worth already.wiifan001
Anyone who has Dance central has gotten their money's worth and more.
JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]That is VERY impressive. But my question is: How many people have already felt that they got their money's worth by now? And how buyers are still waiting to get their money's worth? I mean we're talking $150 peripheral. Surely, not everyone could have felt they got their money's worth already.tbolt76

I agree, but I also feel the same about Kinect Sports. Table Tennis on Xbox Live
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

TheXFiles88

Really? So what is your definition of FAILURE if a device sells millions in less then a month and appeals to the general public? So you called the Wii a FAILURE just because it doesn't appeal to you but to 70mil world wide gamers?

Games like Psychonauts and Okami failed miserably in terms of sales, yet they were highly regarded games.

To elaborate more on my previous statement. I don't give a flying **** about sales.

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]Great sales, but the games still look lame. Kinect is reminding me of Wii-fit. Still don't understand how that sold millions either.clone01

Funny, because everyone that has played Dance Central, Kinect Sports say they are amazing and the best of their kind and also would be impossible wihtout Kinect full body mapping

everyone? you have a link to this, obamanian/saolin/seekar?

Even the diehard gamers on NeoGaf forum are on their knees too:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411399&page=117

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#111 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]That is VERY impressive. But my question is: How many people have already felt that they got their money's worth by now? And how buyers are still waiting to get their money's worth? I mean we're talking $150 peripheral. Surely, not everyone could have felt they got their money's worth already.tbolt76

$200 for one game? I've played it and liked it, but it's definitely not worth $200. I'd probably buy the game if it didn't require a $150 add-on, but sadly, it does.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="tbolt76"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]That is VERY impressive. But my question is: How many people have already felt that they got their money's worth by now? And how buyers are still waiting to get their money's worth? I mean we're talking $150 peripheral. Surely, not everyone could have felt they got their money's worth already.Dire_Weasel

$200 for one game? I've played it and liked it, but it's definitely not worth $200. I'd probably buy the game if it didn't require a $150 add-on, but sadly, it does.

lol you're not the most optimistic fellow are you?

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

ImaPirate0202

Games like Psychonauts and Okami failed miserably in terms of sales, yet they were highly regarded games.

To elaborate more on my previous statement. I don't give a flying **** about sales.

So, the 3DO and Dreamcast were regarded as had the most unique games and the outcome of those systems....? So you called them success because they sold poorly and you don't give***** about sales?

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

TheXFiles88

So, the 3DO and Dreamcast were regarded as had the most unique games and the outcome of those systems....? So you called them success because they sold poorly and you don't give***** about sales?

What's popular isn't always what's great.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

When you spend half a billion on marketing, you better expect some results! :P

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts

Wow. That's an average of 100,000 units a day.:o

LordSadic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 LordSadic
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts
^^care to explain? sireclaborn
I think he is referring to the titles announced at Tokyo Game Show a few months ago, and most likely there will be a few more reveals at the VGA's.
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

Fizzman
Because haters can't accept the fact that there are many people out there with different tastes in games then them.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

TheXFiles88

:lol: the 3do was turrible. believe me, i'm one of the few who owned one. even the immense nostalgia of way of the warrior couldn't save it from the piece of **** it is...

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts
[QUOTE="tbolt76"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]That is VERY impressive. But my question is: How many people have already felt that they got their money's worth by now? And how buyers are still waiting to get their money's worth? I mean we're talking $150 peripheral. Surely, not everyone could have felt they got their money's worth already.JStroud88

I agree, but I also feel the same about Kinect Sports. Table Tennis on Xbox Live

Kinect Sports is pretty good. (motion sports lacked the Rare charm and seemed very rushed) For me Im getting more out of Your shape fitness evolved. But I don't expect that kind of thing to fly very well with SWs.
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#123 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Great sales.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

thats not that good. dont think they will reach 5 million by years end

monson21502
........Last year the Wii broke recods and sold 1 million units in one month. This year Thet sold 1.5 million for $199 each and Kinebt at $150 plus bundles out sold it in this month at 2.5 million. That's Alot.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts

Wow. That's an average of 100,000 units a day.:o

DrinkDuff
which is really good.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#127 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
I'm still waiting to see if they hit that lofty 5m mark they set out infront of them...doubtfull but perhaps they can hit it, well I'm sure they are praying they hit it with all that cash they threw into marketing.
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 TheXFiles88

^^care to explain? sireclaborn

Google it and you will understand why.

tbolt76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#129 tbolt76
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts

[QUOTE="tbolt76"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]That is VERY impressive. But my question is: How many people have already felt that they got their money's worth by now? And how buyers are still waiting to get their money's worth? I mean we're talking $150 peripheral. Surely, not everyone could have felt they got their money's worth already.Dire_Weasel

My experience mind you. Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports are alright, but Dance Central is innovative and shows how good a Kinect game can be if the developers go all in. There are other games available for Kinect that will give you a great experience and if dance central is a launch title, the future looks bright, especially if Kinect continues to sell well.
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]^^care to explain? TheXFiles88

is this it? because its not something to hype about...notice i said decent hardcore games..not crap..until i see real game play footage..i stand by my opinion or whatever i said. http://www.softsailor.com/news/42275-tokyo-game-show-tgs-2010-microsoft-kinect-gets-five-more-games.html
sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

TheXFiles88

Really? BUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT Kinect suppose to be DOA, Powerglove, Sixaxis...blah blah blah.....right? It's so funny to see fanboys and haters alike still trying to spin/twist the success of Kinect. I was wondering where these fanboys are hiding?

"With the imminent failure of Kinect..."

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27488718

"Kinect Will Be the Modern-Day Equivalent of the Atari 5200"

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27473106

"Why Kinect will fail this holiday season"

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27488322&page=0

actually everyone including lems were saying this..if anything i would hold off on the ownage until after Christmas...because everything is selling for the holidays
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"]^^care to explain? sireclaborn

is this it? because its not something to hype about...notice i said decent hardcore games..not crap..until i see real game play footage..i stand by my opinion or whatever i said. http://www.softsailor.com/news/42275-tokyo-game-show-tgs-2010-microsoft-kinect-gets-five-more-games.html

Did they show game plays to you ?You have played them all? Wow, could I borrow your time machine so I could also travel "BACK TO THE FUTURE"???

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"][QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

TheXFiles88

Did they show game plays to you ?You have played them all? Wow, could I borrow your time machine so I could also travel "BACK TO THE FUTURE"???

yeah there's no need for the sarcasm...your probably one of the few lems that is actually hyping anything form tgs when it comes to the kinect....
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

sireclaborn

Really? BUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTT Kinect suppose to be DOA, Powerglove, Sixaxis...blah blah blah.....right? It's so funny to see fanboys and haters alike still trying to spin/twist the success of Kinect. I was wondering where these fanboys are hiding?

actually everyone including lems were saying this..if anything i would hold off on the ownage until after Christmas...because everything is selling for the holidays

Oh come on, you have given Kinect too much credit already. It was labeled as "NO ONE WOULD BUY IT AT THAT PRICE". It would "BOMB HARD and DOA" as stated from those threads, you know what that means, right?

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"] is this it? because its not something to hype about...notice i said decent hardcore games..not crap..until i see real game play footage..i stand by my opinion or whatever i said. http://www.softsailor.com/news/42275-tokyo-game-show-tgs-2010-microsoft-kinect-gets-five-more-games.htmlsireclaborn

yeah there's no need for the sarcasm...your probably one of the few lems that is actually hyping anything form tgs when it comes to the kinect....

Then you must have been one of those sad fanboys praying every night to God for the failure of Kinect so millions of new gamers could not enjoy it. Am I right???

sireclaborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 sireclaborn

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"][QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

TheXFiles88

Oh come on, you have given Kinect too much credit already. It was labeled as "NO ONE WOULD BUY IT AT THAT PRICE". It would "BOMB HARD and DOA" as stated from those threads, you know what that means, right?

your not getting what im saying.....just because the kinect is selling for christmas doesnt mean its success....so far there isnt one guaranteed killer hit for kinect in the future. not even a add on for one of the 360 big hits..yes there have been rumors about gears but??.....as far as you know the kinect could very well fail in the long run despite selling 5 million at Christmas time. all you have to hype is sales? and that doesnt even effect you....... i would hold off on the ownage before you start doing dc in january
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"] actually everyone including lems were saying this..if anything i would hold off on the ownage until after Christmas...because everything is selling for the holidays sireclaborn

your not getting what im saying.....just because the kinect is selling for christmas doesnt mean its success....so far there isnt one guaranteed killer hit for kinect in the future. not even a add on for one of the 360 big hits..yes there have been rumors about gears but??.....as far as you know the kinect could very well fail in the long run despite selling 5 million at Christmas time. all you have to hype is sales? and that doesnt even effect you....... i would hold off on the ownage before you start doing dc in january

An add on device that costs $150 sold 2.5 million in less than a month! Even if Kinect doesn't sell one more unit, there still is a multi million consumer demand for titles and support. It costs the same as a Wii, and I bet it outsold the Wii 10-1 during those 25 days! That's incredible
TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"] actually everyone including lems were saying this..if anything i would hold off on the ownage until after Christmas...because everything is selling for the holidays sireclaborn

"as far as you know the kinect could very well fail in the long run despite selling 5 million at Christmas time"

What? An add-on peripheral device selling 5 million units in less than 2 months still considered as a failure? Wow, what is the world we are living in now?

"so far there isnt one guaranteed killer hit for kinectin the future."

Then again, could I borrow your time machine again? Please?

"not even a add on for one of the 360 big hits"

Really? You can google on the gaming forums for reviews to see which are the big hits or I can help you here: "Dance Central, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, Your Shape"

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

Imagine the sales when all these hardcore games are released for Kinect

Star Wars Kinect - LucasArts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilmPq98wXcw

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (2011) From Software (Armored Core, Demons Souls, Project Dark), Capcom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGh7LBjcnsE

Haunt (2011) Nanaonsha - Masaya Matsura (PaRappa creator)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeqoWBSXan8

Codename D (2011) Grasshopper Manufacture - Suda 51 (No More Heroes), Microsoft Game Studios
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubAVei5JzYA

Project Draco - Grounding - Yukio Futatsugi ("Phantom Dust", "Panzer Dragoon"), Microsoft Game Studios
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLr92mGuwnM

Rise of Nightmares (Sega)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDkla5AFau8

Child of Eden- Tetsuya Mizuguchi (Rez developer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EfjJeRzQ5M

Forza 4 Kinect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw0sEywe3_4

Lionhead Kinect Project (Fable 4)
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/05/molyneux-fable-3-kinect-features-needed-more-development-time/

Alan Wake 2 Kinect (Remedy new Project)
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/remedys-new-project-using-alan/1144605

Rare new projects using Kinect (Kameo, Banjo, Pinata)

Sarbakan Game Studio
http://n4g.com/news/654702/two-new-kinect-exclusives-in-development/com
Shooter

Bilson of THQ making core Kinect title
http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/29/bilson-thq-to-announce-core-kinect-game-soon/

Id's John Carmack Wants to Make XBLA Kinect Game
http://www.1up.com/news/john-carmack-xbla-kinect-game

KinectGears game in the works
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-16-kinect-gears-game-in-the-works-report

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
idk how people are still saying kinect will fail. i mean, its already got better games than move and has sold just as well, if not better (especially considering the price point). if anything move is failing.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

idk how people are still saying kinect will fail. i mean, its already got better games than move and has sold just as well, if not better (especially considering the price point). if anything move is failing.mtradr43

The funny part is that people called Move the only one for hardcore games and turns out Kinect has now 15 upcoming hardcore games confirmed and keep going !!!! From some of the best developers on the planet too

Kinect will soon be in every game and many games will go Kinect only too

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#144 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Ughh. I saw all the available Kinect games. There was nothing but sports, fitness and some dancing trash.

Blargh.

TheXFiles88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 TheXFiles88

[QUOTE="TheXFiles88"]

[QUOTE="sireclaborn"] yeah there's no need for the sarcasm...your probably one of the few lems that is actually hyping anything form tgs when it comes to the kinect....sireclaborn

Then you must have been one of those sad fanboys praying every night to God for the failure of Kinect so millions of new gamers could not enjoy it. Am I right???

you're an idiot and take sw way to serious

Here comes the name calling......

supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

so the point is, how much did the move sell?

convicted_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 convicted_94
Member since 2009 • 290 Posts

4.1 million units or something like that, flipped past it on n4g so dont take it as the truth.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

so the point is, how much did the move sell?

supdotcom
the same amount, ot: good sales for kinect
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#149 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

After spending $500 million on convincing people to buy that gimmick, it would be embarrassing if it didn't sell millions.

AnnoyedDragon
Yeah it's been marketed pretty heavily. So it shouldn't be surprising that it's doing well.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#150 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Congrats MS :)