Killzone or Resistance: The best PS FPS series?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Killzone or Resistance: The best PS FPS series? (48 votes)

Killzone 52%
Resistance 48%

It's the age old debate. If you look at the communities for both the base is so divided that you could say most "die hard" Resistance fans will never like Killzone and vice versa (more so the former though.)

Now which of the two Playstation flagship FPS series do you think is better?

• 
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

"Age old debate"? What is there to debate between a pile of shit and a puddle of puke?

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#52 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Killzone by far. True competitive game.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Resistance is more fun to play,online Resistance had way better code than Killzone and more players at once,Resistance 2 had 8 players online co-op which was a blast to play,and 60 players at once,thats 4 players from BF4,the weapons were incredibly fun to,the auger,and bulls eye were to of my favorites.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Both suck.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I've only played Resistance 3 out of all those games, but I give that game huge props for having health packs, allowing you to carry and switch between all of your weapons, and having a creative/interesting arsenal.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I had a good time with the 60 player battles in resistance 2. But I guess KZ wins because of the graphics.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

Resistance 3 > Killzone 2 > Resistance FOM > Killzone 3 > Resistance 2

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Not sure how anyone can call either franchise bad. Heck I'm playing KZ HD on the PS3 and I'm shocked at how fun it is. Considering it got dumped on when first released.

Resistance edges out a win for me because their bad guys don't have big red eyes for target practice.

Not sure how anyone can bash Halo and then bash these. The gameplay is solid in both. Esp in RFOM before they removed the weapon wheel and medic kits.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Not sure how anyone can call either franchise bad. Heck I'm playing KZ HD on the PS3 and I'm shocked at how fun it is. Considering it got dumped on when first released.

Resistance edges out a win for me because their bad guys don't have big red eyes for target practice.

Not sure how anyone can bash Halo and then bash these. The gameplay is solid in both. Esp in RFOM before they removed the weapon wheel and medic kits.

Totally agree with you. Resistance 2 had a great multiplayer, but I just can't get over the fact that they removed the ability to carry all weapons and added regen health (more regen health than before anyway). The reason they did it was because they wanted to be more like other FPS. But I always liked the Resistance games for being different, all the fun to use weapons that were a lot like a R&C game more so than an FPS. And the multiplayer was also something not a lot of FPS had.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Basing decision on campaign only as I rarely game online.....

RFOM=AMAZING. R2=Sucked. R3=Sucked.

Killzone=Good(and I actually love the glitches haha), Killzone 2=Awesome, K3=Awesome, KZ SF=Awesome.

KILLZONE WINS Overall, but if I had to pick a fav game, RFOM is my fav out of all of them.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#61 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I enjoyed Res and the second, never played 3. I thought KZ was ok, 2 was outstanding, 3 was great, Mercenary is great. Res vita game is fun, not as good as Mercenary. Res had the different weapons though. Have to play 3 before I can decide for sure but I lean towards KZ

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62  Edited By oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

Only got to play the 3rd installments of each (and KZ:M on Vita), given my late adoption of the PS3, but I fucking loved both series. Resistance definitely had the more interesting campaign, which was pretty refreshing given the increasingly stale efforts devs are putting out these days. Had more in common with HL2 than COD. Definitely refreshing.

Killzone on the other hand just has this great 'grit' about it. It's brutal and dirty. The weapons are heavy and the combats somewhat strategic - particularly given the reduced aim assist. The multiplayer in particular was head and shoulders above Resistance 3 (that includes Mercs multiplayer).

My choice would go with Killzone. More longevity with the multiplayer. Though Resistance 3 really was a treat to play through.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@locopatho said:

"Age old debate"? What is there to debate between a pile of shit and a puddle of puke?

Killzone is a flagship Sony franchise the the Captain of the PS4 sails.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I give it to Resistance since the first was co-op campaign and 4p splitscreen multiplayer.

Warhawk is still the most fun I've ever had playing online multi-player & it is 4p split-screen online also.