Kamiya addresses Nintendo and Bayo 2 (again)

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Thunderdrone said:

@clyde46: Platinum got 100%, fully paid to do Bayonetta 2. They aint gonna lose shit

And? He wants people to play his game......

If he truly cares about the game as an artist or as a creative person, then it doesn't matter if the game sells 5 copies, hell even if only 1 person admires his job then is ok. If he is worried about the money, then is ok too since Nintendo pay them to make the title.

Honestly is really funny to see some people saying that Kamiya would be happier if the game was never made in the first place, this is truly priceless, well have fun guys, because i know i will have fun enjoying the sequel to the best action game last gen, Bayonetta 2 :D

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

lol at bayonetta getting so much attention.

feels good.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@m_machine024 said:

@clyde46 said:

He's going to rethink this when it fails to sell. The curse of Nintendo strikes again.

He's going to regret the game never being made? :O

No, he wants his product to sell. History has shown that Nintendo owners really don't give a shit about 3rd party games.

History has shown people don't give a shit about Platinum games.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@OreoMilkshake: they do, he makes niche games

Tbh don't know why and talent could be put to better use elsewhere well whatever.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

A third party nintendo is looking very likely.

I think even Kamiya knows that.

Lol No. Pulling out is more likely should QOL charge in.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@speak_low said:

Does anyone have links to these Bayonetta 2 petitions of Sony and MS owners begging and crying for this game? With the combined userbase of PS3/Xbox 360/PS4/Xbox One, there should be hundreds of thousands at least. There was a Sheep petition begging for BF4 for Wii U, and another one for GTA V. The only reason those died down quickly was because they realized there was no hope of those games ever coming to the Wii U.

But the way Sheep and Kamiya himself (acting all exasperated and shit on Twitter) talk about this game, they make it sound like non-Wii U owners lost a major TLOU or Uncharted exclusive. No one outside of message boards cares or even knows much about this game. The GTA V PC petition had hundreds of thousands of sigs. THAT is a real, significant clamoring for a game you can't ignore. There is no such thing for Bayonetta 2. Sheep are mistaking the few annoying Twitter people and think they represent millions of PS4/X1 owners begging for Bayo 2.

That's like me saying the Sheep cry at night because they can't get The Evil Within, or Kojima/Del Toro's "Silent Hill" game. I know a few Sheep want it, and a few probably even asked about it on Twitter, but I don't going around acting like Sheep are obsessed with those games 24/7. And Kamiya answering with a bit of anger and insults doesn't make him or the game any cooler or more wanted. It almost seems like he's trying to act angry to drum up attention for the shit sales in Japan for Bombanetta 2

Sheep and Kamiya acting like they have the hottest, most coveted game on the market now, and have to fend off everyone on the street like a stud actor fending off supermodels. Please. Get real. No one is even looking at you. lmao.

Here you go.And another.

And most of all, here.

Of course, I expect you to brush it all off.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

@speak_low said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Here you go.And another.

And most of all, here.

Of course, I expect you to brush it all off.

Okay, after blinking a couple times, I still sit in disbelief. Don't your links just prove what I was saying? The actual begging is miniscule (those two petitions don't even add up to 300 signatures!) What the hell

Like I said - I know there are a select few gamers bothering Kamiya on Twitter. They should probably read gaming news and understand why this is an exclusive (funded by Nintendo). But people here make it seem like the collective complaints of millions of PS4/PS3/360/X1 gamers out there were causing industry tidal waves like the GTA V PC petition, when it's barely a few hundred who even care. Now you could say that petitions don't represent everyone out there, and there are many unexpressed wishes we don't see in these petitions.

I say "whatever." Bayo 2 is not that popular nor cared about. It's only because of the Wii U's sad dearth of games does this exclusive title get specially anointed as 'the hottest game in town - da haterz B jelly!'

I can make a petition called "Should some Nintendo owners Get Real?" and it would probably get more votes.

Let me ask you this Speak:

What do you think the game will score here at GameSpot?

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@speak_low said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@speak_low: want some peanut butter for that jelly?

If this game was on your system of preference you'd be pissing your pants with joy.

think 90% want this low-quality game.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

They'll be lucky if the game hits 200k worldwide....

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

@clyde46 said:

@Thunderdrone said:

@clyde46: Platinum got 100%, fully paid to do Bayonetta 2. They aint gonna lose shit

And? He wants people to play his game......

If he truly cares about the game as an artist or as a creative person, then it doesn't matter if the game sells 5 copies, hell even if only 1 person admires his job then is ok. If he is worried about the money, then is ok too since Nintendo pay them to make the title.

Honestly is really funny to see some people saying that Kamiya would be happier if the game was never made in the first place, this is truly priceless, well have fun guys, because i know i will have fun enjoying the sequel to the best action game last gen, Bayonetta 2 :D

Ding ding ding. This, people.

Critics will (most likely) love it all around and whoever buys the game will probably love it just as much. Its funny because I can only see two reasons for people who are genuinely concerned about Bayo2's sales:

1) They are uninformed and think Platinum Games will loose money on it. They won't. They got fully paid to develop a full fledged sequel to the game that put them on the map, when even SEGA gave them the cold shoulder after the first games shit sales. Thats a sweet fucking deal for an artist/company if I ever saw one.

2) They are worried about Nintendo's finances. If so, why? This game was primarily made to fill a genre hole in their library, not to set Wii U console sales on fire.

Then there are those sad, bitter folks who are just clinging on to any negative press to vent their frustrations because no matter how much they port beg, they are never fucking playing it on a non nintendo system. To those, and I think I speak for most people happy/excited for Bayo2, bless your angry little hearts and thank you for the laughs.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

They'll be lucky if the game hits 200k worldwide....

the sad truth. But I'm not a fan of Platinum in general. They going out of business wouldn't affect me in the slightest.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@speak_low said:I say "whatever." Bayo 2 is not that popular nor cared about. It's only because of the Wii U's sad dearth of games does this exclusive title get specially anointed as 'the hottest game in town - da haterz B jelly!'

Or maybe its because the first one is considered on of the best games of its genre?

Maybe its because its the next IP born from the FATHER of that genre?

Or maybe this new one is regarded as hot shit because like Shenmue, no one expected a sequel and now that this little miracle of gaming actually happened we seem to have been gifted with something special?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It's ok, @speak_low. I'm sure your systems will get a quality exclusive one of these days.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I dont mind it being exclusive, but it's just not Nintendo's platform it would bomb on. It would barley do better on MS or Sony.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@madsnakehhh said:

If he truly cares about the game as an artist or as a creative person, then it doesn't matter if the game sells 5 copies, hell even if only 1 person admires his job then is ok. If he is worried about the money,

That's some heuy and applesauce mate, he totally gives a **** about the money and the sales. It wasn't like he was the fondest person about how Nintendo was handling W101 marketing, he is however a realist and knows why this game is being made.

But, he's not stupid, and the notion that an artist/creative person isn't worried about bottom line is incredibly naive.

On topic: You know what Nintendoplebs never bring up in these threads, because lol why would they, how all of a sudden this game has random ass dick riders just because it's an exclusive to the Nintendo platform. Because plenty of you sure as **** weren't there when the original was fucking terrific.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

On topic: You know what Nintendoplebs never bring up in these threads, because lol why would they, how all of a sudden this game has random ass dick riders just because it's an exclusive to the Nintendo platform. Because plenty of you sure as **** weren't there when the original was fucking terrific.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

just get a wii u

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

A third party nintendo is looking very likely.

I think even Kamiya knows that.

Lol No. Pulling out is more likely should QOL charge in.

That quality of life thing just seems like the weirdest shit ever, especially after Nintendo tried with the heart rate monitor.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jg4xchamp

@freedomfreak said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Aint like I'm telling fibs Lto, there is a difference between cats like me, you, madsnake, and one san being interested, and the "interest" from corporate slaves.

Never mind the misinformation with Kamiya, dude's not directing the game.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@madsnakehhh said:

If he truly cares about the game as an artist or as a creative person, then it doesn't matter if the game sells 5 copies, hell even if only 1 person admires his job then is ok. If he is worried about the money,

That's some heuy and applesauce mate, he totally gives a **** about the money and the sales. It wasn't like he was the fondest person about how Nintendo was handling W101 marketing, he is however a realist and knows why this game is being made.

But, he's not stupid, and the notion that an artist/creative person isn't worried about bottom line is incredibly naive.

To be fair the PS3 version was butchered and it never appeared on the Wii. Bayonetta's fanbase was only on the 360. Which is odd in and of itself because it was mostly a console for shooter fans.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

Aint like I'm telling fibs Lto, there is a difference between cats like me, you, madsnake, and one san being interested, and the "interest" from corporate slaves.

Never mind the misinformation with Kamiya, dude's not directing the game.

For real.

Yeah, he does the story. He's on Scalebound though, which is cool.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jg4xchamp

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@jg4xchamp said:

To be fair the PS3 version was butchered and it never appeared on the Wii. Bayonetta's fanbase was only on the 360. Which is odd in and of itself because it was mostly a console for shooter fans.

Console w/ mostly shooter fans.

The actual library had plenty of range given the independent and third party content the system got. I didn't exactly see games like Viva Pinata, Nuts and Bolts, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey and the like selling to the shoot shoot bang bang crowd.

The fact that it did not appear on the Wii, and showing up on the WiiU as an exclusive being a larger reason for the interest would be my point. It was still playable on the PS3, compromised or not, and the 360 wasn't exactly devoid of a library of games that weren't shooters nor a userbase that was against playing anything other than shooters given the success of something like Revengeance, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Devil May Cry, etc.