Is the Xbox one doing well or poorly ?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#51 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

@delta3074: I believe what he meant to say was it deserves to be third cause ya

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

They have grown every gen in terms of sales, so they are doing well considering Microsoft entered during the PS2 era.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

The only reason why the XBone is even doing anything is because the company that made it has enough dough to fund a bad console. They just price slash until it find market equilibrium without consequence. It's actually a huge reason why they need to be booted out of console gaming. If anyone wants actual healthy competition, then they have to desire actual competitive products. What MS is doing is turning console gaming into a used car market. Everyone will just have an expectancy that they should "wait for the price drop" if they are allowed to operate in this manner.

If someone couldn't beat a videogame without cheat codes or a Game Genie, we would never say that they are a good gamer. Yet, here people are, talking about the Xbone doing "great".

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#54 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Personally, I think it is doing just fine, it's just the PS4 is selling way better than anticipated. Nothing wrong with the X1 though. Just here on system wars do people insist that it's failing.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Holidaybox One.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Reminds me of someone's signature from last year.

"With the first XBox, we knocked on the door.

With the XBox 360 we pushed the door open

With the third XBox, we are kicking the door down."

...and the door swings back immediately and knocks your bitch asses out.

LMAO!!! I remember that guy!

Was it JimmyPSN??

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

The only reason why the XBone is even doing anything is because the company that made it has enough dough to fund a bad console. They just price slash until it find market equilibrium without consequence. It's actually a huge reason why they need to be booted out of console gaming. If anyone wants actual healthy competition, then they have to desire actual competitive products. What MS is doing is turning console gaming into a used car market. Everyone will just have an expectancy that they should "wait for the price drop" if they are allowed to operate in this manner.

If someone couldn't beat a videogame without cheat codes or a Game Genie, we would never say that they are a good gamer. Yet, here people are, talking about the Xbone doing "great".

So because MS as a company has money they should leave the console market. I'm just guessing its hard to make a great console all the time and even gaming vets like Sony make mistakes like the ps3. Xbox wasn't even considered a bad console just came during ps2 time and the 360 is widely thought of to a lot of people as the best console of 7th gen . Other than not being as powerful and a slower ui what makes the Xbox one so bad I don't get it .

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

it is getting its ass kicked but lems will tell you 3rd place is best place!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

If it was doing well, MS wouldn't be dropping its price every month lololololol. For how popular the gaming is nowdays and how well 360 sold, Xbone is doing like shit.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@TheRealBigRich said:

@Shewgenja said:

So because MS as a company has money they should leave the console market. I'm just guessing its hard to make a great console all the time and even gaming vets like Sony make mistakes like the ps3. Xbox wasn't even considered a bad console just came during ps2 time and the 360 is widely thought of to a lot of people as the best console of 7th gen . Other than not being as powerful and a slower ui what makes the Xbox one so bad I don't get it .

Well, you asked an honest question. I'll give you the honest answer.

One of the biggest problems with the XBone is the fact that MS didn't invest a lot in first-party studios and develop IP during the 360s success. Legitimately, the power difference between the XBone and the PS4 wouldn't be such a deal breaker if MS was capable of leveraging franchises to span that gap (very much like what the PS3 started to do in late 2007 and 2008). The writing is on the wall that MS is focusing on first party now and will make a hullaballoo of this at E3 but even then there's no reason to trust that they will treat new IP with care when you consider how 343i has abused Halo.

Another problem with the XBone is that it is a piece of hardware without a vision. MS did themselves a massive disservice at the start of the gen by simply letting the cat out of the bag that they didn't design the console with gaming as its main purpose. Right from the dragon's mouth before the thing ever landed on a shelf, there was a huge fuss made over Kinect, multimedia functionality and TV. The casualcore audience they really wanted to sink their teeth into moved on to iPads and android phones. At its heart, it is a product without a cause being repainted as a gaming console every bit as much as that kid down the street got mom's Honda and put racing stripes and a fart-can exhaust so he can seem cool. In the end, not even the new paint job had the effect on sales they wanted and they had to lean on a massive price cut/bundle during the holiday months despite the MCC dropping. That was hyped as their killer app for 2014, you know.

But perhaps the biggest problem with the XBone, and it could just be me but I suspect this may actually fully account for the recalcitrance worldwide for the thing, is that MS still hasn't done enough to distance the XBox brand from the DRM controversy. When put to brass tacks, the supposed Messiah of Xbox Phil Spencer, merely apologized for the messaging behind the Xbone reveal. I can tell you, as a core gamer, that sounds a whole lot like a friend having a bit to drink at a party and hitting on your girlfriend. You may even really want to accept their apology but in the end, you just never really trust the son of a bitch the same way.

In truth, there are a few more problems with how the XBox has been ran the past couple of years. Issues such as seeing exclusive games go to PC or even franchises like Titanfall ending up on the PS4 and a host of other things that show that it's just not where the action is going to be at this gen. For the single-console owners, the XBox is just the obvious bad decision this time around and they have a lot of ground to make up to that kind of consumer. That's just my take on it, but I figured I'd answer your question with actual thoughts rather than the usual Moo you'll get from others on SW.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

its doing pretty good. Its in 2nd place, the same as all ms consoles , and outpacing the 360.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@TheRealBigRich: Considering all the cut prices , reverse of policies , coupons , free games , bundles , more cut prices ... it is doing SHIT , literally.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

According to SW sycophants, poorly. Real world, it's doing just fine.

Yep... and I think it's only going to get better with Phil in charge.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 TheRealBigRich

@silversix_ said:

If it was doing well, MS wouldn't be dropping its price every month lololololol. For how popular the gaming is nowdays and how well 360 sold, Xbone is doing like shit.

ps4 just dropped its price in UK and they bundle games and have deals all the time lol

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheRealBigRich

@AzatiS said:

@TheRealBigRich: Considering all the cut prices , reverse of policies , coupons , free games , bundles , more cut prices ... it is doing SHIT , literally.

What about the Ps4 bundles , UK price cutest , coupons and free games lol. Only difference I'm hearing is PlayStation didn't reverse policies other than that they have almost the same things.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@TheRealBigRich said:

@silversix_ said:

ps4 just dropped its price in UK and they bundle games and have deals all the time lol

oh wow incredible. first price drop in a single region in 2y. Sony so desperate.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Yet again people think there is a need to fight over who is in last place. Never change SW, never change.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@silversix_ said:

^ ^ This.

It's doing pretty badly when you consider it has had multiple price drops and includes free games and is still getting outsold a lot in the US (its strongest territory). Lems that continuously bring up the 360 fail to take into account that Xbox wasn't an established brand around this time in 360's life so Xbone barely passing it launch aligned is not a significant achievement. Gaming today is far more popular than it was in 2006 (pre-COD4 days).

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

MS and the bone are in no mans land. Several price drops, desperately throwing in all the games they can afford to in holiday/black friday bundles just to get their numbers up then dropping back to nowhere again afterwards, reversing and dropping practically ALL of their pre release plans plus does anyone even mention kinect anymore these days??

With all of the above who the hell would suggest its doin ok, only the most brain washed MS tool who's desperate to justify their purchase thats who.

**** you MS, take your cancerous self and the dam bone with you and leave the gaming industry.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#70 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@l34052 said:

MS and the bone are in no mans land. Several price drops, desperately throwing in all the games they can afford to in holiday/black friday bundles just to get their numbers up then dropping back to nowhere again afterwards, reversing and dropping practically ALL of their pre release plans plus does anyone even mention kinect anymore these days??

With all of the above who the hell would suggest its doin ok, only the most brain washed MS tool who's desperate to justify their purchase thats who.

**** you MS, take your cancerous self and the dam bone with you and leave the gaming industry.

Yet I've had the most fun on it aside from my Wii U while my PlayStation 4 is trailing in third place, trends mean **** all in consumer based reality.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TheRealBigRich

So it seems like most people agree on if you compare it to the ps4 then its not doing well but if the system numbers were looked at alone its doing decent. Of course you can't look at it by itself its seems cause its a competition to sell consoles and that's how a successful business is ran lol.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

It's doing fine. Probably better than it should've done.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TheRealBigRich

@silversix_ said:

@TheRealBigRich said:

@silversix_ said:

oh wow incredible. first price drop in a single region in 2y. Sony so desperate.

My point both systems have done a lot of identical types of sales tactics. Yes the Kinect bundle was a failure so the price went to 400 and it took a year instead a year in and a half for the price drop to 350 in us while PlayStation stayed at 400. Never. Said Sony is desperate but don't act like Sony isn't doing anything to try and sell these systems