Is E3 Wii U's last shot to save itself?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Nintendo's E3 conference will be DOA.

People want this E3 to showcase next gen gaming and to be honest, the Wii U will not be able to satisfy the vast majority of gamer's wants.

lol almost everyone who bought a ps4 was for call of duty and battlefield...gamers...pshh

nintendo will show real games...not movies + COD.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

People want this E3 to showcase next gen gaming and to be honest, the Wii U will not be able to satisfy the vast majority of gamer's wants.

Nah it's going to be riddled with lots of 3DS announcements, I guarantee it.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#53 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Unfortunately, probably so, judging by recent Directs.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Please understand.

But in all serious....£100 price drop, Bayonetta 2 bundled in and they'll see a nice little spike before they finally discontinue the console late 2015.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Sadly that will most likely be the case.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By KBFloYd

@speak_low said:
@KBFloYd said:

i hope batman is just the tip...bacause its not impressive...gamers like starving africans looking for games...some miserable cow is hyping shaq fu!

ah whatever...hardcore gamers lol...great gen so far guys. really owning the wiiu haha.

Half of your posts don't even make sense. If you're going to constantly quote me in every thread, put more thought into the posts when you call me out (and are you typing on a 2004 Blackberry or just fumble and struggle with sentence structure and coherence?). Most of your posts are immature and sound like a kid going "Nah nah naaa" just to get the last word.

In order for Nintendo to save the Wii U, that means a major turnaround in sales. Considering the Wii U is selling worse than the Dreamcast, PS3 and other consoles with slow starts, that means the Wii U needs a turnaround that has never been seen before just to catch up to GCN numbers and profitability (and forget about PS3 - it will never catch up to that). That's how far they've fallen behind - months and months of sucky sales and a series of debilitating, dumb Nintendo decisions will do that to a product. And now you're expecting Nintendo to achieve the impossible and change history when they couldn't even sell a console last year when the PS4/X1 were just on paper. Now that PS4/X1 are actually in stores and purchasable, devs are building up in excitement and the consumers have responded very well (moreso towards PS4), and now Nintendo is in even more trouble.

You're saying competition from Sony/MS (and all of those games that are only for PC/PS4/X1) can be disregarded this E3 and won't be an obstacle to Nintendo's turnaround success. Good luck convincing millions of gamers to buy a Wii U over a PS4 when many have already chosen the PS4 over the Wii U.

Suddenly YOU and Nintendo are going to reverse this tidal wave? LOL

I'm not convinced by any of your arguments. When your posts sound more like a guy losing his mind ("shaq fu"? Seriously?), I take it as high flattery and assume you've run out of things to say to defend Nintendo.

Just wait and see this E3. Nintendo - compared to Sony/MS - will come out on the other end of it looking mighty stupid and completely abandoned by the most important top tier /publishers/developers, and stumbling out of E3 in an even shabbier state than when they went in - the immense contrast and what with the competition and what they lack will make them look stupid. The only way you can make Nintendo look good is by pretending that Sony/MS don't exist as competition or that sales have no effect on future support. Nintendo fails so much in these essential categories that Sheep must devise ways of undermining or even destroying the existence of them just to keep a tenable argument going. Suddenly, the most important factors to console success don't matter at all, and as long as Nintendo shows videos of 3-4 games with new footage - it's a complete success for the company. Nintendo turnaround imminent; E3 won.

That is sad. Degraded expectations and bottom-of-the-DK-monkey-barrel standards. That's what it has come to, hasn't it?

wiiU is selling better now that your gameless system came out....keep hyping up shaq fu like an idiot.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LegatoSkyheart

@KBFloYd said:

wiiU is selling better now that your gameless system came out....keep hyping up shaq fu like an idiot.

What happened to all of that "Support 3rd Parties on Nintendo" biz on the other thread?

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn has a WiiU stretch goal.

@KBFloYd said:

lol almost everyone who bought a ps4 was for call of duty and battlefield...gamers...pshh

This is coming to WiiU.

Also WiiU just got some DLC for COD Ghosts.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By KBFloYd
@LegatoSkyheart said:

@KBFloYd said:

What happened to all of that "Support 3rd Parties on Nintendo" biz on the other thread?

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn has a WiiU stretch goal.

@KBFloYd said:

This is coming to WiiU.

Also WiiU just got some DLC for COD Ghosts.

i said it was better for you to take your wizard of oz coward lion ass away from nintendo and never look back...thats what it came down to.

as for watchdogs...i hope it gets cancelled for wiiU....then all the crybaby lions like you can just leave for good.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By KBFloYd

@speak_low said:

@KBFloYd said:

My last post doesn't even mention Batman anywhere, and yet you still go on that the Batman: Arkham games are like Shaq-Fu

Not any Sheep would even support what you just said because they know to leave a lunatic to himself and his corner.

And forgetting about Batman and even pretending these "horrible garbage games" ever existed - you are evading the main point that this E3, Nintendo will look completely deficient in contrast to the competition, and this will hurt them and make a turnaround near impossible.

The title of this thread is about whether Nintendo can save themselves this E3 (restore themselves to profitability and public acceptance). E3 involves all three companies showing their stuff, and my argument is that Nintendo can't save themselves or change things much because they are too far behind in many vital areas whenever Sony and MS are involved.

Your argument is just using lame, impotently bad humor and one-sentence agitated responses like that somehow pushes everything relevant to the side. Being verbally blustery doesn't win arguments or even make any points worth considering

All I see are these days are arguments held up with nothing but frail, weak support - just like the Wii U. The parallels are there for a reason.

wiiU already has the best line up for this year even before e3.....whoever is going to buy a wiiu will do it and if they still don't then nintendo has some serious thinking to do.

everything for playstation/xbox this e3 will be call of duty and battlefield for this year and all the other games for 2015. this year will be pathetic for the mature*cough* gamer.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

If only Wii U didnt have that nonsense controller and could drop the price ( controller is keeping it high imho ) around 200$. That could save the day for Wii U. But this kind of hardware and major lack of third party support at 300$ while PS4 is at 399$ ? Well ... sorry but E3 or not .. wont save the day.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#63  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I don't think last Nintendo E3 was bad at all. Just a disappointment.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#64 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

From the trend they have set with Nintendo Direct with this gen, this is pretty much it.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Wii U can announce Smash 4, zelda 15, metroid prime 4, star fox 4 and a bunch more. It will not save them. Remember, the Sega Dreamcast has an awesome game library and it still died in 2 years. Games are only part of the puzzle and you can't just rely on 1st party games that only hardcore nintendo fans enjoy.

Nintendo needs a complete overhaul and it will not happen at E3.

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

Looking at nintendo past e3's presentations, they have always had the worst and most boring of them all. sheep HBFR.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@KBFloYd: I honestly didn't understood that lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@super600 said:

@mexicangordo said:

Well Nintendo has made it clear that they will focus a huge chunk of this years E3 on their "Health Gaming Plan." Whatever that entails. And Nintendo CAN save the Wii-U but I dont think they will bother to do so. Remember, at this point they don't plan on having their console in first place. Just make it profitable. Lastly, Nintendo's last two E3's were pretty terrible imo. You can never guess what they will do. Its either incredible good presentation or incredible lack luster. 2012 E3 was one of the worst I have seen from them.

They won't be using E3 to talk more about the QOL product they are creating. They will talk about the games that are in development for the wiiu and 3ds mostly.

What makes you think this? QoL is a third pillar that they have just announced yet not elaborated on; a huge directional shift in their strategy. Of course they're going to use E3's exposure to expand upon it. In fact, I'd wager that the majority of their PC will be dedicated to it.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Lol, E3 is just going to be a premade video of Iwata talking about all the games already announced.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MirkoS77

@stuff238 said:

Wii U can announce Smash 4, zelda 15, metroid prime 4, star fox 4 and a bunch more. It will not save them. Remember, the Sega Dreamcast has an awesome game library and it still died in 2 years. Games are only part of the puzzle and you can't just rely on 1st party games that only hardcore nintendo fans enjoy.

Nintendo needs a complete overhaul and it will not happen at E3.

I fear it may not happen at all. Everything I hear points to Nintendo's troubles arising from cultural factors. Unlike Western companies, employment in Japan is an almost familial affair, and firing people (apparently) is rare. And from the looks of it, Nintendo needs an entire house cleaning at the top. I just don't see any managerial changes until these old men at the top choose to leave, and that could be years and years from now. I fear Nintendo will not be able to endure this.

Not to mention Iwata has been packing the board of directors with people favorable to him and is taking steps to ensure his position. I just don't see any change coming to Nintendo anytime soon. I see them continuing down the same path until it's too late. Then they (and their defenders) will lay blame on the market and gamers for their downfall.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Nintendo's last shot was last years E3, they have constantly upset their fans every time. I enjoy mine (Using it to type this) but I wont pretend that its going to bounce back and take the world by storm like the wii did.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#73 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

nothing can save the Wiu

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#74 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Unfortunately it's just damage limitation now. There's nothing they can do to sell the Wii U to the masses, because of the multitude of errors they have already made. No marketing, so hardly anyone outside the gaming community knows it exists. And most who have heard of it outside the gaming community still think it's an add-on for the Wii. Weak technology, which drove away third parties to the point where the Wi U makes the Wii look like a god-send for third-party support. Online that can't really compete, although the MiiVerse is enjoyable and was a good idea. And Nintendo's releases are sparse. If Nintendo can't attract third-party support then they really need to expand and buff out their development teams, that way they can release a lot more games and stop the droughts. The Wii U isn't a bad console, even despite the flaws. It's just seems that Nintendo don't know what to do with it. It's in a rut and they can't get it out.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#75 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

It's just damage limitation now, unfortunately. None of the options remaining to Nintendo will attract the wider gaming audience towards the Wii U. And it is their fault. There isn't anyone else to blame. Unless you adore Nintendo games there's no reason to buy one. And if Nintendo games are all you're going to get on it it isn't worth any more than $150. I've enjoyed my Wii U so far and don't regret buying it, but it's understandable why so many are disregarding it. In the long run it will end up being the worst console Nintendo has ever made.

etmaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77  Edited By etmaul
Member since 2003 • 763 Posts

I do think that Nintendo has to really rethink EVERYTHING if they want to be more competitive with MS and PS. Back in the 90s, NES and SNES were king, but now, it's all about who releases the next GTA or CoD. Kids don't really care about Nintendo anymore as a brand in my opinion. I try and show my 2 and 3 year old the "good old games" like Donkey Kong and Mario before they get hooked on more hardcore games in the future. Also, it's harder to compete, for any console, with all the iOS and Android games coming out. Like it or not, kids are really being trained to like the short burst app experience so it'll be harder to get kids into consoles and handhelds that aren't associated with smartphones, which is a hard reality that a lot of gamers have to come to terms with.

Thus, I think Nintendo's next console could be it's last hurrah in the console business. I'd like to see them continue with their core character games, but it may be on someone else's console. Personally, I'd like to see them stick with handhelds more than a future console. I really enjoy playing Wii U games on the gamepad, perhaps this is the future for Nintendo.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LegatoSkyheart

@MirkoS77 said:

I fear it may not happen at all. Everything I hear points to Nintendo's troubles arising from cultural factors. Unlike Western companies, employment in Japan is an almost familial affair, and firing people (apparently) is rare. And from the looks of it, Nintendo needs an entire house cleaning at the top. I just don't see any managerial changes until these old men at the top choose to leave, and that could be years and years from now. I fear Nintendo will not be able to endure this.

Not to mention Iwata has been packing the board of directors with people favorable to him and is taking steps to ensure his position. I just don't see any change coming to Nintendo anytime soon. I see them continuing down the same path until it's too late. Then they (and their defenders) will lay blame on the market and gamers for their downfall.

All the more reason why the fanbase should start telling Nintendo to "Please Understand" instead of being closed minded and irrelevant.

Love Nintendo, will keep playing on their system's but I'm fed up with getting 2nd pickings or no 3rd party at all.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I think they will have a good show. Since there is virtually no third party support, Nintendo is going to have to supply all the games. This means there will be a lot of cool stuff shown with TBA release dates and a ton of indie games to soften the drought.

I imagine ssb will be playable at the show and I think X will get a release date of jan 2015

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#80 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

All they need is phucking games for the system. They have been teasing a zelda game forever, where the eff is it?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

They will announce the same old same old. They will undoubtedly pull a zelda out and everyone will overreact acting like it's the best game ever before they've even played it, fanboys will declare they "won" e3 and then the inevitable hype will die down very quickly and they'll die again.

And the fact is, people knew zelda was coming (and all the others for that matter) and they didn't buy one. And they wont.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The WiiU has already failed. It's one year head start has already been overtaken by PS4, in sales and soon in quality games. Xbox to follow.

The thing that I'm interested in is: Will Nintendo pull out all the stops and try to save it and provide more games like Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3? Or accept it failed, keep pumping out more cheap 2D games (Mario, Luigi, DK, Yoshi), ports (Zelda WW), rehashes (Wii Fit U, Wii Sports U), and minigames (Warioware, Nintendoland)? While the real games come to 3DS? (WOO LInk Between Worlds and FIre Emblem!)

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Doesn't really matter. Wii U isn't anything like the Xbox or Playstation, they don't want to compete and show that they can do the samething but better. They'l do whatever the other companies aren't doing. Variety and diversity may just be Nintendos saving grace.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#84 GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

People aren't purchasing Wii U's because it's too similar to the Wii.

Sucks for them... because Wii U will have the best exclusive software imo.

I wasn't a fan of the wii, the motion controls ruined games for me like donkey kong... shaking the controller to roll and stuff, gtfo.

I love the Wii U, awesome Nintendo exclusives in HD with a pro controller... best console they made since N64 imo. can't wait for them to show smash bros. I hope they announce good online support!

The wii u isn't a failure in my eyes, I love it... I don't care about sales. The majority of people on this planet are morons to be honest... its like Justin beiber songs get billions of views on youtube, but 80's hair metal gets a couple hundred... the majority doesn't mean better

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Not sure what Nintendo is smoking but it must be strong. They keep gimping their hardware and changing controllers with poor storage and no multimedia features. They keep treating 3rd party devs like step kids and their online gaming platform is the very worst. Even their UI is slow.

It really does not matter what nintendo does that one year lead is gone. Soon even the xflop will pass the wii pew in sales. Imagine that your the 1st next gen console for one whole year. Then the ps4 comes out and beats you in 3 months across the board. Should be clear that Nintendo is NOT going to win and they will be in last place by a large amount. Keep in mind Nintendo had the wii in front and the last two years was dead.

Do you honestly think that now the wii pew has flopped Nintendo is going dump money into it.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

The WiiU won't be saved because of some E3 presentation. That's not to say it wouldn't help, but E3 is not really the determiner to this kind of stuff. Plus the fact that the WiiU is already doing badly with its flagships out speaks volumes as well.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#87 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I think the damage has been done already and with announcements like Batman Arkham Knight and other games getting announced for both PS4 and XBox1 shows how much damage has been done.

It seems the Wii U was destined for failure the moment it came out with it's gimmicky controller and online service since the PS3 and 360 had a much stronger service anyway. Yes Zelda will get shown and maybe Smash Bros as well as Bayonetta 2 but that's all and lately Nintendos conferences have been very dissapointing so don't expect any major surprises.

With the PS4 and XBox1 battering the Wii U in sales it's future looks very bleak and E3 won't change that.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MirkoS77

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@MirkoS77 said:

All the more reason why the fanbase should start telling Nintendo to "Please Understand" instead of being closed minded and irrelevant.

Love Nintendo, will keep playing on their system's but I'm fed up with getting 2nd pickings or no 3rd party at all.

I love Nintendo too, they are the sole reason that I'm a gamer today. I consider many of their games to be untouchable (even the older ones in comparison to today's offerings), but they are a different company than they once were. It's a shame to see what they've become, and I can't stand those who stand by their side in defense these days. People need to hold them accountable for the many mistakes they've made instead of constantly excusing them out of some misguided sense of nostalgia and wishful thinking.

Even without third parties and looking at Nintendo as a first party only company, I still find them lacking. I'm long past being fed up with third parties, I've not bought a Nintendo system for those since the GCN. My problem today lies solely with Nintendo itself. They need to get their act together, and fast.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LegatoSkyheart

@chocolate1325: okay I've been saying Nintendo has problems and such, but How is Nintendo's online any different from PS3's?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#90 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@chocolate1325: okay I've been saying Nintendo has problems and such, but How is Nintendo's online any different from PS3's?

the only issue with Nintendo's online that I am well aware of is the fact that purchases are tied to consoles and not some sort of account. If Nintendo could just fix that issue than I would be okay with their online.