Is anyone willing to admit they're a bit of a fanboy?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Funky_Hamster
Member since 2005 • 6593 Posts

I was just reading a post from mr elie05, who was calling another person an ignorant fanboy because they liked the Nintendo Gamecube. Now i'm not flaming elie here, it's just an example. He absolutely loves anything Sony. PS2 is the best current-gen, PSP is the best handheld, PS3 will be the best next gen - that is FACT to him. Clearly, he's quite the fanboy. But strangely he doesn't seem to realise it.

And then that got me thinking.... am i a fanboy?

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Yes it would appear i am. I'm not that big an XBox fanboy. I love the actual console and games, but Microsoft make too many stupid mistakes to hold my allegiance. I won't hear a word said against the DS however, i've come to realise, no matter how true.

I tend to laugh whenever a person tries to claim ownage on anything on the PC.

Anybody else willing to admit that they are a fanboy or not? It's just interesting to see what the likes of Onslaught, hd28guy and all the other system wars cats think of their own conduct and general attitude.

clearman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 clearman90
Member since 2003 • 11500 Posts
yes i am, and proud of it. makes it more fun.
Pnkpnther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pnkpnther16
Member since 2005 • 320 Posts
Everyone has a litlle fanboy in them.
smarties00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 smarties00
Member since 2004 • 1993 Posts
Im Bias towards Nintendo so yeah but I do try and argue with logic not with fanboyism and I try and use only facts rather then opinions.
Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Funky_Hamster

I used to be a sheep, but now im manticore.
hummer700

Good for you. I'd be up there with you but i had some bad experiences with the PS2 at launch and probably wont buy another Sony machine again.

QoJ_Himiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QoJ_Himiko
Member since 2004 • 2823 Posts
[QUOTE="Pnkpnther16"]Everyone has a litlle fanboy in them.

not me :D
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
I am manticore, but I was a lemming. And I am still mostly lemming.
Avatar image for Pillsburyhitman
Pillsburyhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Pillsburyhitman
Member since 2005 • 2347 Posts
Elie has called me: A sheep.
Tapioca has called me: A cow.
PS3fanboy has called me: A lemming.
Some random guy I don't remember the name of has called me: A hermit.

And this all in the past week.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Darth_Stalin
Even though, I am still mostly lemming, I never make fun of something for no reason. I hate on the PSP, and I have my reasons.
evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 evilBush465
Member since 2005 • 1027 Posts
Funky_Hamster is an ms fanboy
Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Funky_Hamster

Funky_Hamster is an ms fanboyevilBush465

Very nice reading of the actual thread before making a comment you got there.

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth_Stalin

And you are a Sony fanboy.

Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Funky_Hamster

OH NOES!!! here is Funky_Hamster saying that Microsoft is "by far the worst" out of the big three in terms of marketing and appeal for their console.

Yet i'm a Micrsoft fanboys he says.

onslaught460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 onslaught460
Member since 2003 • 5301 Posts
I'm an ultra C-O-W. I also own a gaming PC though.
evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 evilBush465
i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites
JthRedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 JthRedDragon
Member since 2003 • 1814 Posts
I've been called all of them, which in general is probably considered a flip-flopper, but I just like all of them and stick up for the consoles and pc when I think a dumb comment is made about them.  In general, due to my love of tinkering around with stuff, I lean towards the PC. 
evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 evilBush465
I've been called all of them, which in general is probably considered a flip-flopper, but I just like all of them and stick up for the consoles and pc when I think a dumb comment is made about them.  In general, due to my love of tinkering around with stuff, I lean towards the PC.  JthRedDragon
that is 100% Agreed!
hondacrx898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hondacrx898
Member since 2004 • 10407 Posts
i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites evilBush465
i dont own or use a single sony product.....
mmjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#21 mmjm
Member since 2005 • 1445 Posts

Yeah, even though I at one time owned the PS2 and Xbox (they broke down on me), I have enjoyed my GCN much more than the other two.  You know I did own a SNES and Sega, a N64, Dreamcast and PSone, I will own the Rev and the 360.  I am not so keen on the PS3 as of yet.

You know I do argue more with logic than fanboyism, but I was in Jr. High when the NES came out.  I owned a 2600 in 1981.  So I have always been fond of Nintendo above all else, so yup I am somewhat of a fanboy.  However my question is: "What's not to love about Nintendo?".  I mean look past the fact that it didn't have as big a library as PS2, and no online like xbox, but it did have a powerful line up and a lot of support from Activision and EA as well as some really good platformers.

clearman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 clearman90
Member since 2003 • 11500 Posts
i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites evilBush465

i dont need an alarm clock to play crappy games....
Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Funky_Hamster

[QUOTE="JthRedDragon"]I've been called all of them, which in general is probably considered a flip-flopper, but I just like all of them and stick up for the consoles and pc when I think a dumb comment is made about them.  In general, due to my love of tinkering around with stuff, I lean towards the PC.  evilBush465
that is 100% Agreed!

Don't worry man, just ignore the ownage like you always do.

evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 evilBush465
[QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites hondacrx898

i bet u do! look around harder, maybe an Alarm Clock,Phone?
evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 evilBush465

[QUOTE="evilBush465"][QUOTE="JthRedDragon"]I've been called all of them, which in general is probably considered a flip-flopper, but I just like all of them and stick up for the consoles and pc when I think a dumb comment is made about them.  In general, due to my love of tinkering around with stuff, I lean towards the PC.  Funky_Hamster

that is 100% Agreed!

i dont see where i got owned in this
Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Funky_Hamster

[QUOTE="hondacrx898"][QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites evilBush465

Yet you fail to take into account the fact that 90% of the people on this very forum will be running a Microsoft operating system, on Microsoft's Internet Explorer with a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard. What was it you were saying about hypocracy?

Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Darth_Stalin

[QUOTE="hondacrx898"][QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites evilBush465

He might be right, the only Sony thing I Dad own is my PS2.

TV's

Panasonic

HP

Hitachi

Philips

and everything else is some other brand.

Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Funky_Hamster
[QUOTE="Funky_Hamster"]

[QUOTE="evilBush465"][QUOTE="JthRedDragon"]I've been called all of them, which in general is probably considered a flip-flopper, but I just like all of them and stick up for the consoles and pc when I think a dumb comment is made about them.  In general, due to my love of tinkering around with stuff, I lean towards the PC.  evilBush465

that is 100% Agreed!

i dont see where i got owned in this

I was talking about this my good amigo:

[QUOTE="evilBush465"]Funky_Hamster is an ms fanboyFunky_Hamster

OH NOES!!! here is Funky_Hamster saying that Microsoft is "by far the worst" out of the big three in terms of marketing and appeal for their console.

Yet i'm a Micrsoft fanboys he says.

Strummer126

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Strummer126
Member since 2005 • 4219 Posts
I'm a ninty fanboy.
hondacrx898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hondacrx898

alarm clock = my cellphone which is not sony. tv is not sony. all my computer stuff is not sony. all my audio stuff is not sony. audio playing devices is not sony. dont own a camera or camcorder, but if i did, it would not be sony.

there you go, i do not own anything sony, and never plan on it

evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 evilBush465

[QUOTE="evilBush465"][QUOTE="hondacrx898"][QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites Funky_Hamster

Yet you fail to take into account the fact that 90% of the people on this very forum will be running a Microsoft operating system, on Microsoft's Internet Explorer with a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard. What was it you were saying about hypocracy?

good point but they may be doing it on a computer built by SONY, isnt SONY such a cool word
evilBush465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 evilBush465

[QUOTE="evilBush465"][QUOTE="hondacrx898"][QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites hondacrx898

alarm clock = my cellphone which is not sony. tv is not sony. all my computer stuff is not sony. all my audio stuff is not sony. audio playing devices is not sony. dont own a camera or camcorder, but if i did, it would not be sony.

They may have Sony chips inside8)
rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts

I've been gaming since the 2600 and have had favorites along the way.

I prefered the SNES over Genesis (owned both)

I prefered the N64 over the Playstation (owned both)

I prefered the Xbox over the PS2 and Gamecube (owned all three)

I prefer the 360 until the PS3 comes out and then I'll have both.

So really it all comes down to which one has the games you want.  Every console has games I like so I get all of them.  I upgraded my PC every time a new graphics card came out all the way up to the 6800 and stopped there.  So I'm kinda of stopping on that till the PC gets real far ahead. 

Avatar image for nintendogamer19
nintendogamer19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendogamer19
Member since 2006 • 4676 Posts
im not a fanboy. Im just a fan of Nintendo. PSP, PS3 and 360 both are priced more than they they are worth.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

i admited that i was a fanboy the minute i clicked on SW :D

YUP! im an honest person ^_^ , but honestly outside SW im not that much of a fanboy as some may think i am, honestly i just prefer nintendo over the others!!

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
anyone who says something is crap on another console that they dont have,that is clearly good is a complete muppet!!!what you lot call fanboy's! then again  what else can you expect from 10 years old whith a broad band connection!!
anDy-PeNGuiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 anDy-PeNGuiN
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts
Im slightly biased towards microsoft, but i have a general disliking towards sony
Izuki_Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38 Izuki_Ghost
Member since 2005 • 603 Posts

Everyone has a litlle fanboy in them. Pnkpnther16

Everyone is a fanboy, but some are more fanboy than others.

acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts
Im a based towars MS, a lemming, but not a fanboy. At least I use logic, I dont go around screaming "X360 is teh best" or a variant.
AntiType

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AntiType
Member since 2003 • 6249 Posts
Im a fan of games. Nintendo makes some of the best... so i love them... PSx/2 has some of the best games too, so i have them, though I hate sony as a company because they make such crappy hardwear and are really doing nothing good for gaming... MS consoles only a few games I care for... but not enough for me to actually buy their console....
whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts
[QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites hondacrx898

Then why did you say you own a PS2 in the Hermit thread? page 23? You lying SOB!
hondacrx898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hondacrx898
[QUOTE="hondacrx898"]

[QUOTE="evilBush465"][QUOTE="hondacrx898"][QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites evilBush465

They may have Sony chips inside8)

no
hondacrx898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hondacrx898
[QUOTE="hondacrx898"][QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites whitetiger3521

Then why did you say you own a PS2 in the Hermit thread? page 23? You lying SOB!

my PS2 is broken (what a pos) therefore, i cant use it. and i actually dont own it, my mom does as she payed for it......other than that, the only other sony product i can remember have is an old cd player but that broke and i threw it away.
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts

I'm not coming to elie's defense, but clearly youre taking out of your ass.

05 hates the PSP, he's called it a flop on several occasions, and prefers the DS much more. It's a very odd thing, actually, and I completely disagree with him, but it's nice to see a few people here keep somewhat open-minds; I respect his opinion. Shamefully, the same cannot be said about the creator of this thread, you.

If youre going to go around questioning whether fourmites here are biased, why not start with yourself?:|

whitetiger3521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 whitetiger3521
Member since 2005 • 4686 Posts
[QUOTE="whitetiger3521"][QUOTE="hondacrx898"][QUOTE="evilBush465"]i grew up on Nintendo and using Sony for All My Electronic Needs(i didnt have Ps1) then in 2002 i started disliking nintendo and moved to Xbox and Ps2, Sony doesnt only make games, most ppl on here r playin on a Sony Wega Tv or use a Sony product in there daily life and then bash Sony when they get on here, so we have alota hypocites hondacrx898

my PS2 is broken (what a pos) therefore, i cant use it. and i actually dont own it, my mom does as she payed for it......other than that, the only other sony product i can remember have is an old cd player but that broke and i threw it away.

Figures the POS PS2's are the most unreliable consoles you can buy or play...
Iron-Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 Iron-Dragon
Member since 2004 • 12461 Posts
I have all the systems but I'm going to deny that I have some bias.

epaur123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 epaur123
Member since 2003 • 429 Posts
Oh ya, I could be known as a "lemming".
katalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 katalist
Member since 2003 • 10159 Posts
I am a little bibt of a PC fanboy.. but then again i have owned every console system since atari... PC is just my favorite.. but i still purchase consoles and other things, so im not a real fanboy (: PC just happens to be my fav (: I still enjoy Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo (:

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I'm a Nintendo Fanboy but I own other consoles if Sega was still making consoles I would not consider myself a fanboy for Nintendo cause I like them equally! 
skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

I was just reading a post from mr elie05, who was calling another person an ignorant fanboy because they liked the Nintendo Gamecube. Now i'm not flaming elie here, it's just an example. He absolutely loves anything Sony. PS2 is the best current-gen, PSP is the best handheld, PS3 will be the best next gen - that is FACT to him. Clearly, he's quite the fanboy. But strangely he doesn't seem to realise it.

And then that got me thinking.... am i a fanboy?

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Yes it would appear i am. I'm not that big an XBox fanboy. I love the actual console and games, but Microsoft make too many stupid mistakes to hold my allegiance. I won't hear a word said against the DS however, i've come to realise, no matter how true.

I tend to laugh whenever a person tries to claim ownage on anything on the PC.

Anybody else willing to admit that they are a fanboy or not? It's just interesting to see what the likes of Onslaught, hd28guy and all the other system wars cats think of their own conduct and general attitude.

Funky_Hamster

I used to be a nintendo fanboy but now I've sort of grown out of it because most games appeal to 5-13 yr. olds. I got a GC and I still love games like zelda and SSBR but I don't really like the rest. I've got a PSP because I prefer the games and the multimedia capabiites o the portable. Now I'm doubting between and xbox 360 and a PS3. I also like computer gaming. So I'm 30% comp. gamer, 25% nintendo gamer, 30% PS gamer and 15% xbox gamer.