Is $50 too much for TLOU Remastered?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'd say the true value of a game is in the eyes of the person who is buying it. I would guess some people would gladly pay $50 for the game (BTW Gamestop told me it was $60, when they were trying to push it on me yesterday. Maybe they didn't have the actual price yet). For me I know you can pick up the original used for $15 on Gamefly, so yeah I'd say it is a little over priced for a slight graphics upgrade. Not everyone will feel that same way.

Personally, I've played the game through twice now. I have no real desire to play it again, even if it were free.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

I'd pay twice that amount.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@mems_1224 said:

$50 for a year old 5 hour movie? lol

Agreed,

Fixed this conversation for truth of realtity.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

It's a remaster to attract people who never played it. It's not meant for people who already played it. Even if it was, you can just wait for the inevitable price drop in 2 months. You don't have to buy it at launch, the shit will exist for years to come.

DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55  Edited By DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Eh maybe but it will likely go on sale eventually for those willing to wait. Plus I personally don't mind the high price. The Last of Us is one of those games that I want supported and I'd hope it serve as an example to other companies that quality single player games can be extremely profitable. Hey at the very least it seemed to serve as a slap upside the head for Capcom.

Capcom: Resident Evil 6 felt bloated, Resident Evil 7 will return to survival horror roots

"A lot is said about the saturation of this zombie, post-apocalyptic survival horror. But it is still alive and well. The Last of Us shows a good direction of what the consumers want. Tomb Raider as well, we spoke to R&D and they looked at that and they enjoyed that experience. I think that proves there is still a strong market for that sort of content."

Personally I don't think I will never truly understand the trend of SP game developers targeting the COD crowd (which I'm hoping is dead now). A demographic that barely plays COD's SP mode.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

That's what's so amazing about Sony exclusive. They cause so much butthurt and jelly among lemmings, sheep, and hermits. It's just so funny to watch.

Your comment doesn't make any sense. I have a PS3 and have played TLOU. There's nothing to be jealous over.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I bought it lastgen day 1, and will do the same here. $50 is a little high, but only by $10... $40 would be the perfect price. And for someone who has not played it, playing this remastered version, with all the DLC content makes it a great buy at $50 or even $60.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Considering how actual current games are not even worth $60, yes, $50 is just greedy.

Should be $30 at most.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50595 Posts

It depends. IF this is your first time, snatch that shit up. I'm not going to rebuy the game at that price, though.

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6610 Posts

Funny how cows were bashing Wind Waker HD for being 50 bucks even though the original game came out in 2003. But yet TLOU HD is ok in their eyes.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@p3anut said:

Funny how cows were bashing Wind Waker HD for being 50 bucks even though the original game came out in 2003. But yet TLOU HD is ok in their eyes.

But it has extra DLC!

Avatar image for AK_the_Twilight
AK_the_Twilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 152

#62  Edited By AK_the_Twilight
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

Way too much. This is Sony's replacement for traditional backwards compatibility, ladies and gentlemen. It should be $35 at the absolute most, yet people will still buy it at this price.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

a remastered last gen port should be no more than $30

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#64 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Entirely depends on the person.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#65 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17450 Posts

Well the fact that i havent played it means it is well worth it for me, especially since it comes with all of the DLC.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

These type of re-releases should be the most 40 bucks.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Cows keep saying "its for those that haven't played it". What a load of crap. How many PS4 owners DIDN'T own a PS3? How many PS3 owners that own a PS4 DIDN'T play TLOU? I bet the percentage is very small. Small enough that remaking a game that came out 1 year ago wouldn't make cost of re-releasing it.

This is a money grab pure and simple. Sony knows cows love getting milked so why not release a game with slightly better graphics that came out only 1 year ago. Cows are always falling for Sony's lines. I swear if Sony took a giant shit, put it in a paper bag and slapped a PS logo on it they'd called it the greatest shit ever.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@kingtito said:

Cows keep saying "its for those that haven't played it". What a load of crap. How many PS4 owners DIDN'T own a PS3? How many PS3 owners that own a PS4 DIDN'T play TLOU? I bet the percentage is very small. Small enough that remaking a game that came out 1 year ago wouldn't make cost of re-releasing it.

This is a money grab pure and simple. Sony knows cows love getting milked so why not release a game with slightly better graphics that came out only 1 year ago. Cows are always falling for Sony's lines. I swear if Sony took a giant shit, put it in a paper bag and slapped a PS logo on it they'd called it the greatest shit ever.

How would anyone know the answer to this? The last of us sold like 6 million copies and there are currently 8 million or so PS4s out there. The game is going to be on the shelf for a long while and frankly there is nothing at all that correlates the sales of an end of generation title with the adoption rate of a new generation hardware so your whole idea of it being a "very small" percentage is founded off of nothing.

All remasters are cash grabs, what world are you living in where rendering a game in a higher resolution and changing some textures is expensive?

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

There are so many illogical people here. Not only did ND have to port this over from the "disaster" to develop for ps3, but they also updated the graphics and FPS. ND also included every dlc that has been released. Oh yea, it gets better; they also included one of the best team based multiplayer games of last gen. So let's recap: Sony invested all of the time and money so ND could give us an upgraded GOAT contender which includes every dlc and a highly replayable multiplayer component. Considering that people at ND are people who actually get paid for what they do, and not robots, I think Sony is being fair in charging $50. In my experience from running my own business I have come to this conclusion: "Some people will never be happy no matter how hard you try and satisfy their needs & there will always be someone who wants something for free without understanding the hard work and dedication it takes to provide them with what they don't see value in.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Beat it on PS3, loved it.

Haven't played the expansion yet, double dipped with day one shipping.

What's scary is there are three more remasters I'm thinking about this year: Diablo III, GTA V, and Halo HD. Something will have to give, I'm not going to replay all those games.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It's not too much specially since the original was worth the $60 price tag. Hell I might even double dip and get it w/e I get a PS4.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Funny all the damage controlling lems and herms are fine with GTAV with no extra content for $60 and lems are salivating for multi-generation old Halo games with graphics no better than halo 4 but will gladly pay $60 for games they've already played hundreds of times before.

I notice it's only these groups who are complaining and only when it's a high profile sony game. The question about asking how many people who own a PS3 didn't play TLOU already...can be asked about playing GTAV too!!

But no, everyone just shuts up about that and are happy to play a great game last gen game again but at a higher resolution with better frames and textures...no complaints are heard.

So, why is that a problem for a game that won the most GOTY awards in video game history? Transparent lems.

Since this topic doesn't include GTAV or Halo remaster I say shut up and don't buy it if you don't like it, simple. $50 is a steal for this game being upgraded and what it offers for that price with included DLC and best map packs. This only seems to be a problem for when it's a sony game I guess. lems need to cry wolf and scream SHANNNNE with this game on PS4, I can't imagine why that would be......

http://www.gamespot.com/ps4/games/?page=4&tab=1

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Does this come with the DLC?

IDK, TLOU is one of the best games ever made, but I'd probably feel more comfortable with a $40 price point.

yeah all of the DLCs that has bee released

Batt1eRatt1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76 Batt1eRatt1e
Member since 2014 • 131 Posts

It is but considering the lack of games they'll get away with the price

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

To someone who never played it - no

To someone who has played it multiple times - yes

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

one thing no one is talking about that is i huge deal to me is.... the multiplayer. Thats the only reason Im buying this game on the PS4 to play the multiplayer that I love so much on next gen.

TLoU multiplayer cmoing over to PS4 is a big thing to be talking about, yet no does, why?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kinectthedots

@batt1eratt1e said:

It is but considering the lack of games they'll get away with the price

And lems will by gladly pay $60 for 2 gen old halo games that have been rehashed time and time again with some new texture maps that still look worse than TLOU on PS3 because MC isn't offering much else for xbone this year either.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@kinectthedots said:

Funny all the damage controlling lems and herms are fine with GTAV with no extra content for $60 and lems are salivating for multi-generation old Halo games with graphics no better than halo 4 but will gladly pay $60 for games they've already played hundreds of times before.

I notice it's only these groups who are complaining and only when it's a high profile sony game. The question about asking how many people who own a PS3 didn't play TLOU already...can be asked about playing GTAV too!!

But no, everyone just shuts up about that and are happy to play a great game last gen game again but at a higher resolution with better frames and textures...no complaints are heard.

So, why is that a problem for a game that won the most GOTY awards in video game history? Transparent lems.

Since this topic doesn't include GTAV or Halo remaster I say shut up and don't buy it if you don't like it, simple. $50 is a steal for this game being upgraded and what it offers for that price with included DLC and best map packs. This only seems to be a problem for when it's a sony game I guess. lems need to cry wolf and scream SHANNNNE with this game on PS4, I can't imagine why that would be......

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

By the time I get the ps4 its going to be $20 :P bite me.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Telekill said:

It's for people that haven't played it. If you have yet to play it or don't own it, then that's a fair price.

This is a flawed argument. If any game is over a year old, just because someone hadn't played it on it's original release and it would be "new" to them from their own experience, it's still an old game and should be priced accordingly to age.

However what sets this apart aside from the graphics upgrade is the added content being bundled. So this is basically a GOTY edition collecting all the add-ons for a package deal, where the visual boost is just icing on the cake.

@silversix_ said:

and HD port should never cost over 29.99 and a full remaster (like what they're doing with halo series) 49.99

This is hardly a balanced comparison. $50 for a remake of a single game is hardly the same pricing as $60 for a collected remake of four games. With TLOU that $50 goes to one game (and yes with all DLC bundled) while the breakdown for the Halo MC Collection is $15 per game in the set (plus every map pack from every game and access to Ridley Scott's web series).

The math is simply not the same.

Anyway, while the value of the initial price is debatable, considering that it is a remaster of a previously released game I'll wager that it will drop in price much faster than most of the other new release titles that are actually new games. Just be patient :)

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:
@kinectthedots said:

I own a PS4,

I get to play this GOAT next month in all it's glory with all the extra content and DLC for a mere $50, I only played a bit of this game as my PS3 fat died on me a few days after I bought TLOU.

But even if I owned a PS3 now, I'd want to play this best of best version on PS4. Only people mad are lems and closet lems scared of the impact an upgraded version of this fabulous game will make.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

should have been a $10 upgrade max

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:
@kinectthedots said:

I own a PS4,

I get to play this GOAT next month in all it's glory with all the extra content and DLC for a mere $50, I only played a bit of this game as my PS3 fat died on me a few days after I bought TLOU.

But even if I owned a PS3 now, I'd want to play this best of best version on PS4. Only people mad are lems and closet lems scared of the impact an upgraded version of this fabulous game will make.

I already played it like 7 months ago, get with the times

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

I don't think anyone should be mad. Lems and Sony haters alike should rejoice that TLOU is no longer an exclusive! And before you know it, you'll be able to enjoy it on PS Now! REJOICE FOR HE HAS RISEN!

Oh and fyi Google is not a search engine; Google is the worlds largest database. Why does this matter? Google was funded by the US Government. Specifically the US Airforce and other government agencies such as the CIA. Through the use of cellular waves emitted from our cell phones, the US Government has the ability to listen to your every word. Even more impressive, the US Government has the ability to use everyday electrical currents emitted through light bulbs to hear every word we say. Whether it be in the privacy of our own homes or in the middle of nowhere, Big Brother aka The United States of America can see and hear everything we do. Is this a good or bad thing?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46448 Posts

Let's see here:

-29.99 for 2-3 PS2 games remastered in HD

-19.98 for both the Metro Reduxes if you already own them. 39.98 if you don't own them. Not a simple HD remaster, 2033 has been ported to the latest engine and both games received gameplay changes.

-49.99 for 1 PS3 game remastered in HD with 'in-cutscene character models'

Yeah, it's way too much and I won't be buying TLOU again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#88 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Absolutely not. Especially given the existence of the Halo Master Chief Collection, and all the content it offers for $50, TLOU Remastered looks like a positive rip off by comparison.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

There's far better deals out there.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#90 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Doesn't Matter, Cows are gona buy it anyway because PS4 got no games..... ;) !

I'm just yanking your chain ! :p

But it's true, unfortunately.

I honestly had hoped they would've added a 4 player survival/horde type of mode, or something extra.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#91 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

If you didn't play it last gen, then no.

If you played it last gen, then yes.

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Entirely depends on the person.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Yes, I'd say that 60 makes it qualify for greedy milkage.

Onther the other hand, I guess that's what consumers want...

kunalanand50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 kunalanand50
Member since 2012 • 183 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Flubbbs said:

@mems_1224 said:

$50 for a year old 8 hour game? lol

the game is longer than 8 hours, unless youre trying to speedrun it. it took me 15 on my first playthrough

You must be really slow then.

The average length of the game is indeed 15 hours.

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9997

This is normal websites where gamers vote based on the time it took for them to complete the game.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I wouldn't buy it for $50, but I felt the same way about Zelda: Windwaker HD on Wii U. I paid $50 for the GC original on launch day.

If I buy a remastered port, I'll pay $20 tops if I own the old version. That's my rule on any older games that come along with new versions from Tomb Raider to Sly Cooper collection to MGS Collection to Halo Anniversary. It has to be cheap....if I already own it.

On the flip side, for those that never played TLOU...$50 is a pretty sweet deal. If I never bought it on PS3 and it was a new game to me? I could swing $50 easily. I could swing $60 actually. What does interest me in this version is the DLC, I've been waiting on a great sale from PS+ on that DLC and I may just wait to tackle the DLC in this version when it drops to $20 or less on sale. I'll pay top dollar for new games, but TLOU isn't new for me. Good game though for former 360 gamers that moved to PS4.

I remember Tomb Raider: Def edition was $60 on PS4/Xbone before settling on a $50 price point. I imagine the sales of games like that were testing the market. It doesn't matter much to me because we all should know by now you can always wait and the prices drop.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Absolutely not. Especially given the existence of the Halo Master Chief Collection, and all the content it offers for $50, TLOU Remastered looks like a positive rip off by comparison.

Pretty much this, unfortunately people will pay for this and the trend of releasing half assed re-releases will continue.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@soulitane said:
@charizard1605 said:

Pretty much this, unfortunately people will pay for this and the trend of releasing half assed re-releases will continue.

It worked with Windwaker HD. I can't blame publishers for pumping out GTA5, Tomb Raider, TLOU, etc. Just have to vote with the wallet or wait for the inevitable price drops.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@remiks00

All I wanted was some co-op ! :( and alil Split Screen ! ;)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46448 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Another good example, I listed several others.

I don't get how excuses like 'It's only a year old' or 'It's an amazing game' make this any less of a rip-off. Metro Last Light is only a year old and it's an amazing game too, and that remake can be bought for 9.99 if you already own the game or 19.99 if you don't.

This isn't the first ND rip-off either. The SP DLC was way too expensive for what little content it offered.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#100  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@seanmcloughlin:

For original owners , yes thats alot

For everyone else , no its not , we are talking about one of the best games last gen with updated everything and game its 1 year old !!

Hell Zelda Wind waker HD as we speak costs 42$ on amazon ... an HD remake of a 2002 game .. TLOU was one of the best games last gen and its like 1 year old !! So , no its not expensive at all if you ask me ... If you own the original i dont find a reason why to buy the PS4 version tbh. If you want it just for collection reasons , just wait a bit and buy it cheaper.

As of now we dont know also if there will be any discount for the already owners so lets just not jump into early conclusions.