Is 2015 3DS's best year? Better than 2013?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@psx_warrior said:
@Blabadon said:

@ripsaw1994: What's undisputed? Overrated iterations of the same franchises? The fact it's barely a decent handheld without Atlus and Nintendo? The fact it has less 9.0 games on it than the Vita? The way games on it usually have less compelling content compared to their past counterparts? The garbage indie support?

Nah man. Ain't undisputed. Got both and pretty sure I have more 3DS games than you as well.

Uh, the two latest versions of the Pokemon games have so much more content that Pokemon has reeled me back in to play. When was the last time Smash appeared on a Nintendo hand held? Fire Emblem Awakening is a joy to play. Luigi's Mansion, SF 64 3D, Persona, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Fantasy Life, Kid Icarus, Mario and Luigi, Bravely Default, and more that I don't care to list. Looks like a nice lineup of games to me.

3DS indeed has an awesome library. Don't let Blabadon's fringe opinions get to you.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#52 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@psx_warrior: Right, remakes. Let's look at the original 3DS Pokemon games that have zero things to do outside the end game. Where's the Battle Frontier? Or do we forget about that too.

Defend Fire Emblem Awakening if you enjoy having no ballistas, varied maps and objectives, magic trio, etc. from old games. I don't give Nintendo a pass because Nintendo.

Star Fox is a remake, Luigi's Mansion is admittedly pretty great in its campaign, Persona is EO and lol Etrian Odyssey, you must be enjoy being boiled alive too, Layton is one of the least evolutionary franchises in the last half decade, lol at Fantasy Life, get out of here, Kid Icarus aka carpal tunnel the video game, the everlasting tutorial known as Dream Team, forreal? Oh and you enjoy Bravely Default. With its second half.

Dude, at least list some of the 3DS' good games, like Link Between Worlds or Virtue's Last Reward

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Blabadon

@GreySeal9: Again, if you enjoy stripped down sequels, remakes, and barely any third party support outside Nintendo and Atlus, more power to you. Sorry you don't like playing video games on more diverse platforms with more diverse sets of games. More fun for me, more drinking the Nintendo Kool Aid for you.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@GreySeal9: Again, if you enjoy stripped down sequels, remakes, and barely any third party support outside Nintendo and Atlus, more power to you. Sorry you don't like playing video games on more diverse platforms with more diverse sets of games. More fun for me, more drinking the Nintendo Kool Aid for you.

Hmm, I checked IGN for the latest games on both 3DS and Vita, and I was pretty surprised by the number of games being released on that platform vs. the fairly meager number of games coming to 3DS. You are right that third parties aren't supporting the 3DS like they are the Vita, but to insult the games already out on the system in the manner that you are is ridiculous. I had loads of fun with Fire Emblem Awakening. I also had a lot of fun with Star Fox 64 3D. So what that it was a remake? So what, and the new Pokemon games have made it easier than ever to train up a strong team with an emphasis on strategy that I've had loads of fun putting together and battling with my friends who also love the new games. I'll bet I would stomp you at a good Pokemon match once I get a strong team together, but then again I'm trying to truly catch them all right now since the game makes it easier than ever to tell if you've caught all the Pokemon in a particular area.

If you enjoy Vita over 3DS, fine. Go play it. I'm not saying it doesn't have more games coming out for it than 3DS. It surely does, but Vita is not getting certain games I want that are ether coming to 3DS or already are out.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Blabadon

@psx_warrior: Are you challenging me to a Pokemon match?

*twists hat*

It's on bro.

That being said, sure, i don't really care what people play, but I'm all up for discussing the disappointing system that is the 3DS. Too many apologists here like GreySeal suddenly accepting stripped sequels as anything above simply good.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts
@Blabadon said:

@psx_warrior: Right, remakes. Let's look at the original 3DS Pokemon games that have zero things to do outside the end game. Where's the Battle Frontier? Or do we forget about that too.

Defend Fire Emblem Awakening if you enjoy having no ballistas, varied maps and objectives, magic trio, etc. from old games. I don't give Nintendo a pass because Nintendo.

Star Fox is a remake, Luigi's Mansion is admittedly pretty great in its campaign, Persona is EO and lol Etrian Odyssey, you must be enjoy being boiled alive too, Layton is one of the least evolutionary franchises in the last half decade, lol at Fantasy Life, get out of here, Kid Icarus aka carpal tunnel the video game, the everlasting tutorial known as Dream Team, forreal? Oh and you enjoy Bravely Default. With its second half.

Mm. Kay. Sorry PQ/EO is over your head. You just don't know the genre to even deal. You can hate on any 3DS games all you want. Its almost like you Metacritic-ed the minuses just to ignorantly throw at your post.

I know your a Vitabro. So...Tell me all the amazing games on it, and why its selling so well?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Shit just got real for the 3DS in 2015

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/19/report-new-fire-emblem-to-release-in-2015