Infamous: Second Son | Has gone Gold!

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@tyloss said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

6/10 in coming.

Trust me son, quote me son

Let's wager accounts. seriously.

Honestly the way thief and LoS 2 just flopped I'm hoping I don't have another disappointment

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Nengo_Flow: is just trolling, he doesn't actually believe infamous as will receive a 6/10, that's just stupid.

Is it stupid? Gamespot's as random as it gets. the new inFAMOUS is probably going to be great, but do youthink that matters here?

In any case I'm looking forward to this game a great deal (it's Sony's best franchise at the moment), but nobody should bet on gamespot's score any more. It's more of a gamble than it's ever been before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hmm, 7 or 8 seems around right, leaning more towards 7, thankfully Gamespot has begun to use the Whole scale, which was a long time comming.

Day one reguardless, My PS4 does not have alot of games as it stands.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@lazerface216 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

the game looks lackluster imo. i said before, if you played videos of past Infamous games next to this one, the gameplay looks exactly the same. nothing new besides no shadows and prettier graphics. if this game bombs the ps4 will look even less attractive to the public. even to the diehards. especially with Titanfall's release earlier in the month.

for some reason i bet you wouldn't say the same thing about forza, or dead rising. but hey, fanboys will be fanboys and you know what? that's what makes this board work.

no i wouldnt say that about those games...because they both add a little something new, and next gen, to their games. Forza 5 with the drivatars, and DR3 doing a gang of things in its game that last gen you'd need multiple games to do.

Infamous does not. its the same game from last gen with prettier graphics, and thats it. what new things does Infamous bring to the table besides graphics...please tell me. lol. if anything, the game has lost features instead of gaining them. no mulltiplayer, no co-op, 30fps, the main character still can't even swim, cmon. the only thing the game has is graphics...thats it.

have you played it? then you're just pulling this out of your ass? also, infamous has never had MP.

please tell me these "gang of things" that dead rising 3 has brought to the table? lol

drivatars? WOW, that must totally add to the experience lol. the only new thing forza 5 brought to this gen is embarrassingly shameless micro-transactions. it's universally agreed that it's without a doubt the worst forza yet, partially because of that. so yeah, weak argument homes...

we won't know anything about second son until the embargo is lifted, and that's the god's honest truth. you assuming shit doesn't change that.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I'm guessing a 8/10

March is going to be a busy month x.x

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@lazerface216 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@lazerface216 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

the game looks lackluster imo. i said before, if you played videos of past Infamous games next to this one, the gameplay looks exactly the same. nothing new besides no shadows and prettier graphics. if this game bombs the ps4 will look even less attractive to the public. even to the diehards. especially with Titanfall's release earlier in the month.

for some reason i bet you wouldn't say the same thing about forza, or dead rising. but hey, fanboys will be fanboys and you know what? that's what makes this board work.

no i wouldnt say that about those games...because they both add a little something new, and next gen, to their games. Forza 5 with the drivatars, and DR3 doing a gang of things in its game that last gen you'd need multiple games to do.

Infamous does not. its the same game from last gen with prettier graphics, and thats it. what new things does Infamous bring to the table besides graphics...please tell me. lol. if anything, the game has lost features instead of gaining them. no mulltiplayer, no co-op, 30fps, the main character still can't even swim, cmon. the only thing the game has is graphics...thats it.

have you played it? then you're just pulling this out of your ass? also, infamous has never had MP.

please tell me these "gang of things" that dead rising 3 has brought to the table? lol

drivatars? WOW, that must totally add to the experience lol. the only new thing forza 5 brought to this gen is embarrassingly shameless micro-transactions. it's universally agreed that it's without a doubt the worst forza yet, partially because of that. so yeah, weak argument homes...

we won't know anything about second son until the embargo is lifted, and that's the god's honest truth. you assuming shit doesn't change that.

why do it when ur just going to try n discredit like you did with Drivatars lol? its obvious ur not looking at this with an open mind so why would i put effort into it for you...?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Hurray! Excited about this game!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@regnaston said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Nengo_Flow: because its what men do. You are scared because you don't even believe yourself. The opposite of a man. Its cool do what you want, just stop posting. Thanks.

Men bet on video game ratings????

I wish I would have known, I am almost 45 and have never bet on a video game rating, I guess I will turn in my "Man Card"

:D

lol

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I've got it prepaid, but I'm concerned about the recent rumors of a visual downgrade. Oh well... so long as it plays well, I'll be happy. I really enjoyed part 2.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Awwww yeaaaa, my body is ready.

I love that gif.

My crystal ball says there is a:

10% chance of 6.

40% chance of 7

40% chance of 8

10% chance of 9

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Will pick it up a few months down the road as there's just too many more important (to me) games coming out at the same time.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Sweenix: Good. Hurry up and release the game. There's a large drought of games and PS4's going around right now.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

This game has been causing copious amount of jelly for months. Now, it's only compiled. The Domination Has Won.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:
@Zidaneski said:
@tymeservesfate said:

honestly, it going gold is not surprising. what else is there to buy on the ps4...Killzone...Knack? if ps4 users want to get that dust off their ps4 they have get this game. there's nothing else coming in the near future for the system. besides Indies.

Even if there were a ton of PS4 games coming out people would still get SS.

even if it scores horribly? i'm not saying that a site scoring a game low should depict gamers decision on purchasing. but some people do look at them rationally and will judge whether they'll put their money towards the product, or not. if it bombs, it will lose some sales.

i'm sorry, i'm a skeptic of Infamous. besides the graphics i just don't see anything great about the game. the guy still can't even swim in the game lol.

Why are you skeptic about SS though? People that played the past two games and have seen gameplay for this game know what to expect. If they are planning on buying it they will buy it regardless of scores because of that experience with the first two games. Its not like they are trying something completely different that would cause people to wait and see if the scores are good. Are people really gonna pass up on SS because some reviewer couldn't see because he was getting shot so much? We already know what the game is going to be like the only thing that could hurt SS sales is if the game is extremely short or there are tons of bugs and glitches. I don't see how the success of a completely different game would affect SS at all. TitanFall is a FPS online competitive game, Second Son is a single-player third-person open action game with a story, the difference couldn't be greater.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

If I'm getting a Quad in the near future, that's the game I want the most.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#66 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Is this the kind of game that can be finished in a weekend? Serious question, I don't know much about this franchise, except that it is popular on the Playstation, and that it is open world....just curious what kind of replay value does this have, are we talking GTA5-caliber replay value, or more like 15-20 hours to go through it all?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Can't wait! Day 1! And the Infamous ps4 bundles are destroying the Titanfall bundles at GameStop. SDC!

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Nengo_Flow: you act so confident, yet you ignore all account/ban related bets? Doesn't sound so confident to me.

why would I bet my account to be banned?

I've been banned 4 times before, this is my longest lasting account and Im quite fond of it.

But come on.... this game just has 6/10 just written all over it.

If it turns out good 8-9/10 then great, the PS4 needs it and fans will be happy, but im just not seeing it.

damn, you sure are dedicated to system wars.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Is this the kind of game that can be finished in a weekend? Serious question, I don't know much about this franchise, except that it is popular on the Playstation, and that it is open world....just curious what kind of replay value does this have, are we talking GTA5-caliber replay value, or more like 15-20 hours to go through it all?

how much time do you have to dedicate yourself to gaming on a weekend day? Obviously you could probably beat it and many other games if you can go through massive sittings on both days. As for me, the story always lasted long enough and when I beat it, I just play it again with the other karma option. This isn't counting time it takes to 100% a run by collecting shards around the city or sidemissions or other collectibles. If this game has a mission creator like the 2nd game did, that's an endless amount of new content right there being constantly streamed into the game world so long as its connected to the internet.

Either way, I wouldn't count on GTA V levels of replayability and length. Rockstar is king of sandbox games

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#70 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@handssss:

Ok I see, at least it sounds like a step up from recent action-adventure titles like the DMC reboot....and of course a solid story can go a long wat with these kinds of games.

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

i smell a 6.0

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@KarateeeChop said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Nengo_Flow: you act so confident, yet you ignore all account/ban related bets? Doesn't sound so confident to me.

why would I bet my account to be banned?

I've been banned 4 times before, this is my longest lasting account and Im quite fond of it.

But come on.... this game just has 6/10 just written all over it.

If it turns out good 8-9/10 then great, the PS4 needs it and fans will be happy, but im just not seeing it.

damn, you sure are dedicated to system wars.

Im a SW Patriot

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:
@Zidaneski said:
@tymeservesfate said:

honestly, it going gold is not surprising. what else is there to buy on the ps4...Killzone...Knack? if ps4 users want to get that dust off their ps4 they have get this game. there's nothing else coming in the near future for the system. besides Indies.

even if it scores horribly? i'm not saying that a site scoring a game low should depict gamers decision on purchasing. but some people do look at them rationally and will judge whether they'll put their money towards the product, or not. if it bombs, it will lose some sales.

i'm sorry, i'm a skeptic of Infamous. besides the graphics i just don't see anything great about the game. the guy still can't even swim in the game lol.

Why are you skeptic about SS though? People that played the past two games and have seen gameplay for this game know what to expect. If they are planning on buying it they will buy it regardless of scores because of that experience with the first two games. Its not like they are trying something completely different that would cause people to wait and see if the scores are good. Are people really gonna pass up on SS because some reviewer couldn't see because he was getting shot so much? We already know what the game is going to be like the only thing that could hurt SS sales is if the game is extremely short or there are tons of bugs and glitches. I don't see how the success of a completely different game would affect SS at all. TitanFall is a FPS online competitive game, Second Son is a single-player third-person open action game with a story, the difference couldn't be greater.

because its more of the same but with prettier graphics. like i said before...if you ran some gameplay of prior Infamous games along side Infamous SS's gameplay you would literally see no difference at all. its exactly the same...nothing new at all from what i've seen. the main character still can't even swim. and like i posted before....the rumbling from the industry is feeling the same way. and they've actually played the game.

Loading Video...

you don't seem to mind it but other gamers want something new from next gen. a new thrill. not the same old thing with some more paint slapped on it. the game doesnt have to be completely different...but hell, at least tweak it a little. a new powerful console and they're using old last gen tricks...its lame.

the ps4 is literally becoming a new next gen console that only got a graphics upgrade.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

You can tell lems are scared of Infamous.

"Bu bu but muh innovashun!!!" Nah, mates. You can take your cancerous camera and jog on.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Gotta have it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

If it is anything like its predecessors. its a 10-12 hours repetitive hero sandbox game with repetitive quests and you practically see the whole games "variety" within an hour.

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

got my ps4 two weeks ago can't wait for this game

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

8/10 is my hype.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

8/10 or lower.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

6/10 flop incoming

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Zidaneski

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:
@Zidaneski said:
@tymeservesfate said:

because its more of the same but with prettier graphics. like i said before...if you ran some gameplay of prior Infamous games along side Infamous SS's gameplay you would literally see no difference at all. its exactly the same...nothing new at all from what i've seen. the main character still can't even swim. and like i posted before....the rumbling from the industry is feeling the same way. and they've actually played the game.

you don't seem to mind it but other gamers want something new from next gen. a new thrill. not the same old thing with some more paint slapped on it. the game doesnt have to be completely different...but hell, at least tweak it a little. a new powerful console and they're using old last gen tricks...its lame.

the ps4 is literally becoming a new next gen console that only got a graphics upgrade.

I'm not addressing whether it changes the genre or is "next-gen" I'm just saying it won't take a sales hit from anything. The game will do well in sales even if reviewer's label it "last gen with fresh paint." and even if this game were to be released a year from now. Personally, the "is this a next-gen game?" phrase that is being thrown around is hilarious to me. I play games that I like and buy consoles to play games that I like regardless of graphics or features. Was FFX a next-gen game? No, just better graphics that was all and voice-acting. Did people still buy it? Yes they did.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By tymeservesfate

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:
@Zidaneski said:
@tymeservesfate said:

I'm not addressing whether it changes the genre or is "next-gen" I'm just saying it won't take a sales hit from anything. The game will do well in sales even if reviewer's label it "last gen with fresh paint." and even if this game were to be released a year from now. Personally, the "is this a next-gen game?" phrase that is being thrown around is hilarious to me. I play games that I like and buy consoles to play games that I like regardless of graphics or features. Was FFX a next-gen game? No, just better graphics that was all and voice-acting. Did people still buy it? Yes they did.

yea, i can understand what you're saying and i can relate to sometimes the 'same old' being good sometimes. but at the same time everybody loves new shit. games advance from generation to generation...thats just how its always been. if it wasn't we'd still be playing Grand Theft Auto in the overview setting.

i mean, it works both ways with what you said. a lot of double standards going on here. one minute cows are saying Sony is great because they introduce NEW/fresh ips and take chances on NEW/fresh games...then i get a boatload of them jumping down my throat because i think Infamous SS could use a little something new to it and not the same old stuff that we got from it last gen, which is it. is the new and fresh ip good or bad. it can't be both depending when it suits the conversation.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

Loving the traversal in Infamous Second Son so much !

Neon power gameplay especially looks unreal!

I can already tell im gonna have so much fun with it !

Neon sprinting up buildings and Neon sprinting everywhere like the Flash = mouth already drooling

I also love how creative you can get with the gameplay based on what we have seen

-Neon dash to Light Saber meele combos

(BTW Light Saber meele looks BADASS)

-Neon sprint upwards to dropping fist pound

-Smoke dash to knee

-Smoke gliding to smoke dashing in the air covering large distances...can even combo that with huge dropping fire fist pound....or shooting in the air as you glide etc....

Just awesome

-You can even go into chimneys and that will shoot you up into the air, so you can get more momentum gliding and dashing

Im going to have so much fun just traversing in Infamous SS for hours on end haha

-Also the neon gernade to slow mo sniper shots looks bad ass too.

Infamous SS has some awesome fucking gamplay, traversal combined with super hero combat in an open world setting

Based on mechanics alone, the Infamous games have always had the best gunplay, traversal, combat of any open world game out there....and SP with Infamous SS is taking it all up a notch to another level....couldnt have asked for anything better..

(Last of Us has the best pure combat of any game period. Playstation exclusives always have the best gameplay. The fact some are even doubting The Order off of 2 seconds of gameplay is crazy. Xbot shills are trying hard to discredit Playstation 4 exclusives in any way they can, because they have nothing else going for them on xbone. Not going to work. Never going to work)

Anyway, everything about Infamous SS looks bad ass (gameplay,graphics)

Its gonna show off the PS4 and be the first killer app of next gen....

Infamous SS just has too much going for it....best graphics to date....Super powers....open world traversal with super powers ! How can anyone not love all of that. What more do you want or need !

The people acting like Infamous is going to review poorly are out of their minds....you just want this game to fail because youre an xbox fanboy....

Just for the graphics alone, Infamous will review highly, since its the first "next gen" game to actually LOOK next gen. That alone will blow people away

So cant wait for Infamous. Let the haters hate. Infamous looks a million times more fresh and fun then TitanFall

TitanFall has 360 graphics and is just another meh FPS (Call of Duty with mechs) No way it deserves any of the hype its been getting. Infamous deserves that praise

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By SelfReflect

p.s

I LOVE how theyve kept so much of Infamous under wraps

That means when I play it, im experienceing everything as fresh as possible. The mystery and intrigue as I discover what other super powers there are for myself etc

Having any of the game spoiled for you before hand would take away a lot of the impact

What KILLED Uncharted 3 was the fact that all its biggest moments were spoiled in trailers and early gameplay vids. People already knew what to expect. Those moments lost their luster and those were the biggest moments etc

I hope Sony starts taking this new approach to all of them awesome playstation exclusives.....always show as little of a game as possible until release. Players will experience it fresh and that will make the experience greater...Nintendo does the same, and it always works.

I also love how Sony has adapted the thinking of, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

Sony has been killing it lately. Sony is on fire. Everything theyve done has been perfect...and playstation exclusive developers are just getting started with the awesome

Please dont spoil too much of The Order either Sony. It looks amazing and I want to experience it as fresh as possible

Also cant wait for the Naughty God's next sure to be classic on PS4.

PS4 is the greatest gaming purchase ive ever made...Cant wait for its future (PSN+ makes PS4 amazing too)

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

@Nengo_Flow: is just trolling, he doesn't actually believe infamous as will receive a 6/10, that's just stupid.

Is it stupid? Gamespot's as random as it gets. the new inFAMOUS is probably going to be great, but do youthink that matters here?

In any case I'm looking forward to this game a great deal (it's Sony's best franchise at the moment), but nobody should bet on gamespot's score any more. It's more of a gamble than it's ever been before.

Gamespot matters to the lems, some like to claim bragging rights (or what ever you want to call it) for Forza 5 getting AAA status from this site. Funny thing though is it has a 80 metacritic rating barely getting it an AA status (use to be 79) with 70+ critics reviewing the game and less than 20 of those gave it a score of a 90 or above (and Gran Turismo 6 still has higher score with 81). Just saying...

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SelfReflect

Now that the xbone is getting its ass handed to it by the PS4 in every way

also the fact xbone games are looking so awful graphically compared to PS4 exclusives,

The new xbot shill talking point has now become:

"So and so PS4 exclusive isnt doing anything new. Its just more of the same"

And more ramble blah blah blah about gameplay which is subjective....

Same was being said about The Order too

Im sure the same BS will be said about the next Uncharted but NOTHING is STOPPING the Uncharted frieght train baby!

Its lost all its intended meaning because its been said so much now too.

Its also just so transparent.

Even hilariously hypocrtical because a game like TitanFall, which xbots will hype, truly is just more of the same old...Its more of the same olf FPS garbage. TitanFall is Call of Duty with mechs and pointless wall jumping.

When some idiot goes on and on discrediting Infamous or The Order, being reductionist, like the troll in this thread, while in the same breath praising a friggen FPS in TitanFall....its a complete joke...and its a dead give away of their real intent

Microsoft's shill tactics on forums WILL NEVER WORK

Infamous and The Order will review highly, get tons of sales, and the fans who were excitied for them in the first place, will buy them and enjoy 'em.

**** outta gaming with your disgusting shills Microsoft.

If anyone from Sony is reading this, PLEASE start countering Microsoft's FUD and shills attempts.

Also give Microsoft a taste of their own medicine. Do to Titanfall what theyve been trying to (unsuccessfully) do to Infamous and The Order

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@selfreflect said:

Now that the xbone is getting its ass handed to it by the PS4 in every way

also the fact xbone games are looking so awful graphically compared to PS4 exclusives,

The new xbot shill talking point has now become:

"So and so PS4 exclusive isnt doing anything new. Its just more of the same"

And more ramble blah blah blah about gameplay which is subjective....

Same was being said about The Order too

Im sure the same BS will be said about the next Uncharted but NOTHING is STOPPING the Uncharted frieght train !

Its lost all its intended meaning because its been said so much now too.

Its also just so transparent.

Never mind that a game like TitanFall, which xbots will hype, truly is just more of the same old FPs garbage. TitanFall is Call of Duty with mechs and pointless wall jumping.

When some idiot goes on and on discrediting Infamous or The Order, being reductionist, like the troll in this thread, while in the same breath praising another FPS in TitanFall....its a complete joke...and its a dead give away of their real intent

Microsoft's shill tactics on forums WILL NEVER WORK

Infamous and The Order will review highly, get tons of sales, and the fans who were excitied for them in the first place, will buy them and enjoy 'em.

**** outta gaming with your disgusting shills Microsoft.

If anyone from Sony is reading this, PLEASE start countering Microsoft's FUD and shills.

Also give Microsoft a taste of their own medicine. Do to Titanfall what theyve been trying to (unsuccessfully) do to Infamous and The Order

You're a very sad individual, i hope you get help soon.

Oh and...

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4682 Posts

If you guys have fun playing it who cares what it is rated?

Personally from the game play video it does not look like my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Even if I thought the game was cool looking and would be fun to play, I would not buy it at full price.. only reason is that it has no MP. Most of my game play is MP

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 962 Posts

Played first 2 infamous games and liked them a lot .. looking forward for this one but I don't know I'm not very excited yet .. maybe a solid score can wake me up :P

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Looks like a 8 at best and a 7 at worst.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#91 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Very excited for second son. I loved infamous 1 and Infamous 2 to me was even better. Hopefully second son can pull it off.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

This game could very well be a 8-9. It looks great. I just hope it isn't too short.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

The graphics look GORGEOUS but Shadow fall proved that beauty without brains means very little.

I am a fan of the first game, haven't played Infamous 2, and will wait until much later down the line when the PS4 gets more games and Infamous Second Son is a greatest hits title.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

The video above is interesting. Its kinda of a disappointment. But it does look very good. Its at least a very high priority rent for me when I get a PS4. I just don't know how long the game will hold my attention being that I got tired of Infamous 2 because it was so much like Infamous 1. So, to hear that its a lot more of the same is kinda disappointing.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

Looks great, very excited to see what they did with the franchise.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

I really enjoyed the first two. I will be picking the 3rd up day one. Don't really care what it scores.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Zidaneski

@tymeservesfate said:

yea, i can understand what you're saying and i can relate to sometimes the 'same old' being good sometimes. but at the same time everybody loves new shit. games advance from generation to generation...thats just how its always been. if it wasn't we'd still be playing Grand Theft Auto in the overview setting.

i mean, it works both ways with what you said. a lot of double standards going on here. one minute cows are saying Sony is great because they introduce NEW/fresh ips and take chances on NEW/fresh games...then i get a boatload of them jumping down my throat because i think Infamous SS could use a little something new to it and not the same old stuff that we got from it last gen, which is it. is the new and fresh ip good or bad. it can't be both depending when it suits the conversation.

Sure games will advance but sometimes people love what the originals did and would prefer to keep them and update everything else. We'll never be able to please everyone so its up to the developers to do what they also want to do. We don't have to buy everything a developer dishes out and at the same time we shouldn't fault them for doing something they made a conscience decision to do. We can provide feedback but hopefully its the constructive kind as opposed to the raging stuck-up rants from people who most of the time didn't even play the games. I don't buy sequels very often unless they do something to separate from the previous ones but in all honesty having a different main-character is good enough for me. I won't buy Tomb Raider 2 unless it focuses more on tombs and exploration, that's all I want from a sequel, couldn't care less if it embraces current gen technology or not.

Cows and Lems, it doesn't really matter. Everyone is different and will have their likes and dislikes which is probably why I come here since I like to get a variety of viewpoints, at least the well-thought-out viewpoints.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 tymeservesfate

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Sure games will advance but sometimes people love what the originals did and would prefer to keep them and update everything else. We'll never be able to please everyone so its up to the developers to do what they also want to do. We don't have to buy everything a developer dishes out and at the same time we shouldn't fault them for doing something they made a conscience decision to do. We can provide feedback but hopefully its the constructive kind as opposed to the raging stuck-up rants from people who most of the time didn't even play the games. I don't buy sequels very often unless they do something to separate from the previous ones but in all honesty having a different main-character is good enough for me. I won't buy Tomb Raider 2 unless it focuses more on tombs and exploration, that's all I want from a sequel, couldn't care less if it embraces current gen technology or not.

Cows and Lems, it doesn't really matter. Everyone is different and will have their likes and dislikes which is probably why I come here since I like to get a variety of viewpoints, at least the well-thought-out viewpoints.

you feel my viewpoints are not thought out ur saying?

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Zidaneski

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Hahah, far from it. It was more a jab at the majority of posters here on all sides that have their viewpoint and aren't willing to discuss their reasons behind them. You've made your point quite clear that SS doesn't really change things up, the game will be more of the same. COD being a prime example of something that hasn't changed much over the years yet still manages to sell millions of copies, people like what they like and I'm not gonna tell people what to like.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tymeservesfate

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Hahah, far from it. It was more a jab at the majority of posters here on all sides that have their viewpoint and aren't willing to discuss their reasons behind them. You've made your point quite clear that SS doesn't really change things up, the game will be more of the same. COD being a prime example of something that hasn't changed much over the years yet still manages to sell millions of copies, people like what they like and I'm not gonna tell people what to like.

that's a good point. and the game does seem to be selling...i'm more interested in the reaction to it after a week or month though. if people end up disappointed with it because of the reasons i'm concerned about or if it blows the hell up and is reborn as one of the new and bests ips. the game IS pretty...even though it strangely has no shadows. all else remains to be seen.