Infamous: Second Son | Has gone Gold!

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

yea, i can understand what you're saying and i can relate to sometimes the 'same old' being good sometimes. but at the same time everybody loves new shit. games advance from generation to generation...thats just how its always been. if it wasn't we'd still be playing Grand Theft Auto in the overview setting.

i mean, it works both ways with what you said. a lot of double standards going on here. one minute cows are saying Sony is great because they introduce NEW/fresh ips and take chances on NEW/fresh games...then i get a boatload of them jumping down my throat because i think Infamous SS could use a little something new to it and not the same old stuff that we got from it last gen, which is it. is the new and fresh ip good or bad. it can't be both depending when it suits the conversation.

Sure games will advance but sometimes people love what the originals did and would prefer to keep them and update everything else. We'll never be able to please everyone so its up to the developers to do what they also want to do. We don't have to buy everything a developer dishes out and at the same time we shouldn't fault them for doing something they made a conscience decision to do. We can provide feedback but hopefully its the constructive kind as opposed to the raging stuck-up rants from people who most of the time didn't even play the games. I don't buy sequels very often unless they do something to separate from the previous ones but in all honesty having a different main-character is good enough for me. I won't buy Tomb Raider 2 unless it focuses more on tombs and exploration, that's all I want from a sequel, couldn't care less if it embraces current gen technology or not.

Cows and Lems, it doesn't really matter. Everyone is different and will have their likes and dislikes which is probably why I come here since I like to get a variety of viewpoints, at least the well-thought-out viewpoints.

you feel my viewpoints are not thought out ur saying?

Hahah, far from it. It was more a jab at the majority of posters here on all sides that have their viewpoint and aren't willing to discuss their reasons behind them. You've made your point quite clear that SS doesn't really change things up, the game will be more of the same. COD being a prime example of something that hasn't changed much over the years yet still manages to sell millions of copies, people like what they like and I'm not gonna tell people what to like.

that's a good point. and the game does seem to be selling...i'm more interested in the reaction to it after a week or month though. if people end up disappointed with it because of the reasons i'm concerned about or if it blows the hell up and is reborn as one of the new and bests ips. the game IS pretty...even though it strangely has no shadows. all else remains to be seen.

I am always vocal about the games I play. Right now I'm at the final boss in Lightning Returns clocked at 60 hours first playthrough and I still died. Thought I was gonna steamroll the boss but happy I wasn't able to. SS I'll be streaming with a friend but he'll be playing since its a lot funner to watch him.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12388 Posts

It'll definitely give people a really good reason for owning a PS4.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

yea, i can understand what you're saying and i can relate to sometimes the 'same old' being good sometimes. but at the same time everybody loves new shit. games advance from generation to generation...thats just how its always been. if it wasn't we'd still be playing Grand Theft Auto in the overview setting.

i mean, it works both ways with what you said. a lot of double standards going on here. one minute cows are saying Sony is great because they introduce NEW/fresh ips and take chances on NEW/fresh games...then i get a boatload of them jumping down my throat because i think Infamous SS could use a little something new to it and not the same old stuff that we got from it last gen, which is it. is the new and fresh ip good or bad. it can't be both depending when it suits the conversation.

Sure games will advance but sometimes people love what the originals did and would prefer to keep them and update everything else. We'll never be able to please everyone so its up to the developers to do what they also want to do. We don't have to buy everything a developer dishes out and at the same time we shouldn't fault them for doing something they made a conscience decision to do. We can provide feedback but hopefully its the constructive kind as opposed to the raging stuck-up rants from people who most of the time didn't even play the games. I don't buy sequels very often unless they do something to separate from the previous ones but in all honesty having a different main-character is good enough for me. I won't buy Tomb Raider 2 unless it focuses more on tombs and exploration, that's all I want from a sequel, couldn't care less if it embraces current gen technology or not.

Cows and Lems, it doesn't really matter. Everyone is different and will have their likes and dislikes which is probably why I come here since I like to get a variety of viewpoints, at least the well-thought-out viewpoints.

you feel my viewpoints are not thought out ur saying?

Hahah, far from it. It was more a jab at the majority of posters here on all sides that have their viewpoint and aren't willing to discuss their reasons behind them. You've made your point quite clear that SS doesn't really change things up, the game will be more of the same. COD being a prime example of something that hasn't changed much over the years yet still manages to sell millions of copies, people like what they like and I'm not gonna tell people what to like.

that's a good point. and the game does seem to be selling...i'm more interested in the reaction to it after a week or month though. if people end up disappointed with it because of the reasons i'm concerned about or if it blows the hell up and is reborn as one of the new and bests ips. the game IS pretty...even though it strangely has no shadows. all else remains to be seen.

I am always vocal about the games I play. Right now I'm at the final boss in Lightning Returns clocked at 60 hours first playthrough and I still died. Thought I was gonna steamroll the boss but happy I wasn't able to. SS I'll be streaming with a friend but he'll be playing since its a lot funner to watch him.

wow, do you or ur friend have a youtube channel showing ur stuff? would love to check it out.

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

Can't wait to see infamous second son on my 40 inch sony google led tv d@m the wait is killing me can't forget metal gear to dropped to $30 had to jump on that too

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Zidaneski

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

wow, do you or ur friend have a youtube channel showing ur stuff? would love to check it out.

Second Son will be our first game streaming, just gameplay and audio stuff, no camera for us. I'll have to ask him about Youtube since he has more experience with that. As of now I just plan to use Twitch and Cutout the cutscenes.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Zidaneski said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Second Son will be our first game streaming, just gameplay and audio stuff, no camera for us. I'll have to ask him about Youtube since he has more experience with that. As of now I just plan to use Twitch and Cutout the cutscenes.

cool, hope y'all have fun with it then.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

Not counting PC or 360. Titanfall has has a huge lead in preorders lol. Which is hilarious because there are more games for Xbox One and less Xbox Ones sold. Yet the PS4 only has 2 exclusives and people still are not buying ISS lol!

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zidaneski

@mrxboxone: Another thing to consider is that SS comes out the 21 of march so maybe some haven't pre-ordered. I haven't yet, but I still intend to be playing day one.