Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

After seeing what is down the line from both the Xbox and the PS4 these last few days, I think it's safe to say that this tail end of the console generation is going out with a bang and not a whimper.

Developers are digging deep into these machines and while the Xbox makes it with raw horsepower, the PS4 is making gains through familiarity and talented devs who are getting more from less. That's not a back handed compliment to either one, it's just how it is.

If you look at the games that are coming in hot at E3 this year, they actually raise the bar for what we want out of Generation 9 games and what to expect from Generation 9 hardware. We can dispute who we like more or how were going to like it in the years to come, but considering the CPU in both of these machines are potatoes I am excited for the possibilities of gaming when that true hardware leap does come.

Last but not least, a standing ovation is in order to the gamers. The industry is bringing us what we want how we want it. We learned to say No when No had to be said and we showed up to support great games when great games and new IPs were put on the table. The industry is taking the right risks with us and gaming is better for it. Good days are ahead of us.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Yes. Graphics are gorgeous. Games are massive. We don't need new hardware anytime soon. We are getting massive quality, variety and innovation right with what we have now. Even Nintendo got beyond X360 level hardware with the Switch.

roguemetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roguemetroid
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

I am excited by all the new games coming out. I want my Xbox One to last for at least another 5 years. Money don’t grow on trees, people!

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#4 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Now all we need is for gamers to actually fight as hard against exclusivity as they did against loot boxes.

Let the games do the talking not the platforms.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@oflow: gamers often seem jerk off it when games are exclusive to Thier chosen platform.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

I don’t think next gen is as far away as some think/hope that it is. I fully expect next gen systems from Microsoft and Sony by Fall of 2020. That’s really not too far away now.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shewgenja

@Archangel3371 said:

I don’t think next gen is as far away as some think/hope that it is. I fully expect next gen systems from Microsoft and Sony by Fall of 2020. That’s really not too far away now.

Project Scarlet is still just a blueprint or road map to the next XBox. 2020 at the absolute earliest and that is pushing it. I think the writing is on the wall that Sony is staying on the fence until AMD has 7nm tech on tap. How MS will leapfrog the PS5 remains to be seen but I am fairly certain that MS will want to have the stronger system next time around.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44224 Posts

@Shewgenja: Well I guess we’ll just have to wait and see then.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shewgenja

@Archangel3371 said:

@Shewgenja: Well I guess we’ll just have to wait and see then.

I think that GPUs will want to be 12+ TFlops and Ryzen based CPUs will be the benchmark for next gen visuals as well as game engine sophistication. I actually honestly hope for that. It will make the cost of upgrading worth it. I'm rather shocked at what developers are getting out of the Pro and the X currently. Things is looking good fam.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I think it´s a safe bet that Sony´s presentation could be a result of the next gen console being on the way. And taken together with Howard´s speech and his showing two next-gen titles, meaning they got the development kits.

I am willing to bet next E3 will be teaser time and release somewhere around holidays 2020.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Yes. I agree. There is plenty of Life left in the generation. My Ps4 Pro is only 1 year old. I want a few more years out of it. Also I want Switch to last forever. No need for new gen.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

I'd guess Christmas 2021.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

@oflow said:

Now all we need is for gamers to actually fight as hard against exclusivity as they did against loot boxes.

Consoles would flop harder than Steam Boxes if exclusives weren't a thing... also, we wouldn't have half of the best studios in the business if exclusives weren't a thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I don’t know, word on the street is TLOU 2’s animations might not have been legit.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shewgenja

@mojito1988 said:

Yes. I agree. There is plenty of Life left in the generation. My Ps4 Pro is only 1 year old. I want a few more years out of it. Also I want Switch to last forever. No need for new gen.

Nintendo will probably have the most to gain 2021/22, because 7nm architecture should run nice and cool/energy efficient. The next Switch might be 4-6 TFlops or more.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@rafaelmsoares said:
@oflow said:

Consoles would flop harder than Steam Boxes if exclusives weren't a thing... also, we wouldn't have half of the best studios in the business if exclusives weren't a thing.

Steam Machines

god

damnit

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@rafaelmsoares said:
@oflow said:

Hate to point out the obvious here but Xbox.....

But I do agree that if we did not have exclusives, some of the best studios would not be around.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

I don’t know, word on the street is TLOU 2’s animations might not have been legit.

Source?

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rafaelmsoares

@Jacanuk said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@oflow said:

Hate to point out the obvious here but Xbox.....

But I do agree that if we did not have exclusives, some of the best studios would not be around.

Xbox is royally flopping due to lack of exclusives (and that disastrous reveal, but if they had the content they could at least recover somehow.)

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rafaelmsoares

@goldenelementxl said:

Sorry? That was clearly real time, dude.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rafaelmsoares

@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@oflow said:

Steam Machines

god

damnit

What?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts

Holiday 2020 I'm guessing. At the earliest.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TryIt
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@oflow said:

Steam Machines

god

damnit

What?

its Steam Machines, not Steam Boxes

god

damnit

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WhatAFailure

There's going to be a lot of great games these next two years. So I can see the PS5 and Xbox successor coming out around 2020-2021.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rafaelmsoares

@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:

Steam Machines

god

damnit

What?

god

damnit

They're two names for the same thing, get a grip. And I've seen SteamBox being used on the media far more since 2014 than Steam Machine.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TryIt
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:

Steam Machines

god

damnit

What?

god

damnit

They're two names for the same thing, get a grip. And I've seen SteamBox being used on the media far more since 2014 than Steam Machine.

no

they not the same name for the same thing.

They actually have a name. just like anything else has an actual name.

lets not dumb down people to the point where they think ACA and Obamacare are two different things (As an example)

you are literally arguing with me over a correction? literally fighting to be wrong? wtf is wrong with people these days

literally working extra hard to fight to be uninformed

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rafaelmsoares

@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:

What?

god

damnit

no

lets not dumb down people to the point where they think ACA and Obamacare are two different things (As an example)

you are literally arguing with me over a correction? literally fighting to be wrong? wtf is wrong with people these days

Yeah, right.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/630-most-anticipated-steam-boxes.html

https://businessinvestor24.com/231515/steam-box-market-global-growth-by-manufacturers-regions-type-and-application-forecast-to-2022/

Media calls it Steam Boxes even before they released, so yeah... who cares what Valve calls it... it flopped anyway. Then again, maybe it wouldn't fail so hard if they actually called it Steam Box, who knows.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TryIt
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:

What?

god

damnit

no

Yeah, right.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/630-most-anticipated-steam-boxes.html

https://businessinvestor24.com/231515/steam-box-market-global-growth-by-manufacturers-regions-type-and-application-forecast-to-2022/

Media calls it Steam Boxes even before they released, so yeah... who cares what Valve calls it... it flopped anyway. Then again, maybe it wouldn't fail so hard if they actually called it Steam Box, who knows.

we are actually have an argument over me asking you to call it by its name?

this country has gone to shit.

why do people work HARDER at being uniformed and wrong then they do to just be right when they are told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unbelievable

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@tryit: You know all about being uninformed LOL!!!

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rafaelmsoares

@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:

god

damnit

no

Yeah, right.

why do people work HARDER at being uniformed and wrong then they do to just be right when they are told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

unbelievable

STEAM BOX

STEAM BOX

STEAM BOX

STEAM BOX

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TryIt
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:
@rafaelmsoares said:
@tryit said:

no

Yeah, right.

unbelievable

STEAM BOX
STEAM BOX
STEAM BOX
STEAM BOX

yeah, like I said, suiting up, ready for combat, ready to fight, work extra hard. yell at the top pf your lungs, argue like there is no tomorrow..

why?

to stay wrong, even know you wrong but yell proudly ' I know I am wrong but I am going to stay that way anyway~! because I am awesome!'

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@Shewgenja: I believe you to be correct in assuming that Microsoft will not want to give up the power next generation.

I would certainly like for Microsoft to right their ship for next generation. At the very least it will keep Sony pushing themselves instead of getting cocky. Best case scenario is I actually might have a reason next gen to get a Xbox. The improvement this generation has been a good sign for sure.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I actually want this gen to stay as long a it can.. I think the graphic is pretty enough with games like Horizon and God of War..

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@oflow said:

I agree, but first we gotta get gamers organized to take a stand against season passes and pre-orders. The latter being completely unnecessary in the digital age of unlimited quantity, and turned into another form of consumer manipulation. These two things having a far more detrimental effect on the industry than exclusives.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

Next gen is 2 years away can see both announced at E3 next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@whatafailure said:

Source?

@rafaelmsoares said:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Apparently, MS is working on a family of devices to release in 2020. They've been codenamed "Scarlet" and it's rumoured the Xbox is part of the family. Another two years will be good for me.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdobeArtist  Moderator
@ni6htmare01 said:

I actually want this gen to stay as long a it can.. I think the graphic is pretty enough with games like Horizon and God of War..

But it's NOT just about graphics. What about performance? It's sad that no matter what advancements are made in consoles generation to generation, they still stutter at 30 fps or lower, because devs focus on pushing the graphics as far as they can within the limited confines of the specs. Actually I think Microsoft made a very good move offering the options between 4K resolution and 60 fps in 1080p mode.

But the point being, where we see what PC is actually capable of (and even though it'll always be ahead of the curve) it shows the potential that consoles haven't yet reached. That there's still room to grow. And this isn't even getting into the bounty of other factors; world scales, more seamless transitions between spaces (like world map to interior dungeons), physics, character animations that are dynamic, not just in cinematics, weather effects, dynamic environments, etc....

While the graphics are satisfying, why should you settle for anything less than having that AND butter smooth frames?

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rafaelmsoares

@goldenelementxl said:
@whatafailure said:

Source?

@rafaelmsoares said:

maybe he's just salty that the TR reboot didn't manage to outpace a franchise that was sold on a single platform?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

@rafaelmsoares said:

maybe he's just salty that the TR reboot didn't manage to outpace a franchise that was sold on a single platform?

They could also be right. It was clearly heavily scripted, but it could genuinely have auto-animations like that. It's a wait-and-see scenario. TRR has had excellent animations, much like UC and the original TLoU.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ni6htmare01

@AdobeArtistI don't know, I think next gen will still going to be 4K and 30 fps.. I think they will always try to push the higher res and graphic and put fps as the last thing they the consider.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AdobeArtist  Moderator
@ni6htmare01 said:

@AdobeArtistI don't know, I think next gen will still going to be 4K and 30 fps.. I think they will always try to push the higher res and graphic and put fps as the last thing they the consider.

Yeah, and more to the players loss.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ni6htmare01

@AdobeArtist: Yeah I agreed, I hope they give an option like the pro and x that slightly lower the resolutions and increase the frame rate.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhatAFailure
@goldenelementxl said:
@whatafailure said:

Source?

@rafaelmsoares said:

So one guy's accusation (which he deleted and apologized for) means it's fake?

The lead animator of ND in that tweet stands by their work. If it turns out out fake, they would be blackballed out of the industry forever.

These same accusations came out when they swore the Uncharted 4 trailer where they showed a close up of the face was CG. Turns out they were wrong, and it was in-game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#45  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69566 Posts

@oflow said:

Exactly but fanboys are the real hold back. They want "console identity" and bragging rights as if they accomplished something by purchasing the hardware.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Shewgenja

@AdobeArtist said:
@oflow said:

I agree, but first we gotta get gamers organized to take a stand against season passes and pre-orders. The latter being completely unnecessary in the digital age of unlimited quantity, and turned into another form of consumer manipulation. These two things having a far more detrimental effect on the industry than exclusives.

GaAS is the next always-connected DRM. Exclusives are just a way for a platform holder to leverage their console into the market. Like, really, do you expect Microsoft or Sony to sweat bullets to get a game to run in handheld mode on a Switch? Yeah, any other answer than "I wasn't really thinking about that while riding my high horse" is the wrong one. Bonus points if you think Sony or Nintendo are going to incentivize XBox Live accounts in their new games or if Nintendo wants to make a 6.2 TFlops version of Mario Kart. Jesus F. Christ ya'll.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#47 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

We'll see the Nextbox in 2019 and it'll be out in 2020. Expect Sony to put out something a little after that. Where that put the Switch? not in a good spot as it doesn't even have enough power to match the baseline Xbox One...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Power does not sell consoles.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

I'm not so sure. 2-3 years isn't much IMO. We'll probably get a lot of cross-gen early on but hopefully the PS5/XB2 versions have much better asset upgrades compared to PS4/X1.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Shewgenja: What are you talking about next gen is years away, next gen is already here.

I'm not buying monster hunter atm because of the crap framerate and visuals on base consoles. I just invest in a strong pc (gtx 1070, 6 core intel) so I'm not that eager that make that investment right now. But I pretty much need to buy a new console right if I want to play monster hunter decently.

the xbox one x is 5 times stronger than the xboxone. That are generational differences. Pretty much everything coming our way will run like shit on base consoles and I paid good money for my xboxone 3 years ago.

OF course this could all have been avoided by putting decent hardware in the base consoles. But you know, we got the x360 dirt cheap back in he day. I see it like this, the xboxone and ps4 could have been released 2 years sooner but because of the major investments sony and ms needed to do with the x360 and p3, we got them a bit later.