R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46349 Posts

Mario Kart 8 is a great game and should receive more amazing DLC after the second pack.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

Still salty about that, I see.

**** yeah...third? third? A fucking national tragedy here.

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

No edge, just truth.

**** smash? K

Yeah Guilty Gear exists, **** smash.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

No edge, just truth.

**** smash? K

Well, at best, it was getting second. C'mon.

Preach, brother.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

No edge, just truth.

**** smash? K

So much for beacon of truth. lol

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41538 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Try ScrewAttack (watch their N64, GameCube, and Wii lists).

Having seen their GameCube list, I can say that it is good.

So false information (Eternal Darkness, SoulCalibur II, and Mario Sunshine) and stroking their ego over an accomplishment they were already beaten over a year before (Resident Evil 4) is a good list make?

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DarkLink77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Try ScrewAttack (watch their N64, GameCube, and Wii lists).

Having seen their GameCube list, I can say that it is good.

So false information (Eternal Darkness, SoulCalibur II, and Mario Sunshine) and stroking their ego over an accomplishment they were already beaten over a year before (Resident Evil 4) is a good list make?

I'm sorry, what?

Could you try that again in English, please?

And what false information are you talking about?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nintendoboy16

@DarkLink77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

I'm sorry, what?

The false information:

When talked about Eternal Darkness- "The first Nintendo published game to receive an M rating..." Two years before, Rare releases Perfect Dark on the N64 and a year after that, they release Conker (which Chris Seavor himself confirms was published by Nintendo).

When talked about SoulCalibur II- Craig stated that the Great Fairy Sword is an SCII centric weapon. The Great Fairy Sword actually first appeared in Majora's Mask (and it's a reward you get when you save the Great Fairy in Ikana Canyon) another Nintendo 64 game.

When talked about Super Mario Sunshine- Craig stated that game had no gimmicks. How the hell can FLUDD NOT be a gimmick in that game?

As for the last part, I apologize as I meant to reference an old gag I used to see. BUT, they put Resident Evil 4 as number one on their GameCube list rather than a Nintendo IP for "not being like everybody else" (which, to me fels like an ego stroke). Just a year before (ScrewAttack's Cube list came out in 2007), X-Play released their top 10 GameCube game episode and what won that entire list? Resident Evil 4.

Yeah, no matter what good games they put on there, it matters little when their reasoning is horrible. The same goes for their N64 list (which included hypocritical reception towards Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire) and Wii list (plus adding Netflix to the latter).

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DarkLink77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

I'm sorry, what?

The false information:

When talked about Eternal Darkness- "The first Nintendo published game to receive an M rating..." Two years before, Rare releases Perfect Dark on the N64 and a year after that, they release Conker (which Chris Seavor himself confirms was published by Nintendo).

When talked about SoulCalibur II- Craig stated that the Great Fairy Sword is an SCII centric weapon. The Great Fairy Sword actually first appeared in Majora's Mask (and it's a reward you get when you save the Great Fairy in Ikana Canyon) another Nintendo 64 game.

When talked about Super Mario Sunshine- Craig stated that game had no gimmicks. How the hell can FLUDD NOT be a gimmick in that game?

As for the last part, I apologize as I meant to reference an old gag I used to see. BUT, they put Resident Evil 4 as number one on their GameCube list rather than a Nintendo IP for "not being like everybody else" (which, to me fels like an ego stroke). Just a year before (ScrewAttack's Cube list came out in 2007), X-Play released their top 10 GameCube game episode and what won that entire list? Resident Evil 4.

Yeah, no matter what good games they put on there, it matters little when their reasoning is horrible. The same goes for their N64 list (which included hypocritical reception towards Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire) and Wii list (plus adding Netflix to the latter).

Those are all very minor mistakes.

I honestly forget that Perfect Dark exists until someone mentions it. The sword is optional and easily missable.

The FLUDD isn't a gimmick because the entire game is designed around it being there. That's not a gimmick. That's a core game mechanic.

And RE4 deserves to be at the top of that list, regardless of the reason. It is the best game on that system.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nintendoboy16

@DarkLink77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

The false information:

I honestly forget that Perfect Dark exists until someone mentions it. The sword is optional and easily missable.

The FLUDD isn't a gimmick because the entire game is designed around it being there. That's not a gimmick. That's a core game mechanic.

And RE4 deserves to be at the top of that list, regardless of the reason. It is the best game on that system.

For such minor mistakes, don't you think they've made too many of them in ONE video?

Surely, gimmicks can't be a core element of game. Is playing a Jedi and utilizing the force extensively NOT a gimmick in those Star Wars games that allow it (such as Force Unleashed and Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games starting with Dark Forces II)?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jg4xchamp

@nintendoboy16 said:

For such minor mistakes, don't you think they've made too many of them in ONE video?

Surely, gimmicks can't be a core element of game. Is playing a Jedi and utilizing the force extensively NOT a gimmick in those Star Wars games that allow it (such as Force Unleashed and Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games starting with Dark Forces II)?

Then what does it matter if it's a gimmick or not? Sunshine's issues wasn't the fluud system, it was that it had a bad camera and shit level design. The actual platforming through the fludd was terrific. It's one of the few mechanics in the franchise that drops the skill floor for casuals and adds to the skill ceiling of the game. That's a pretty fucking awesome mechanic all things considered. The short coming was elsewhere.

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Too much truth bro, Guilty Gear's fighting engine is terrific, smash is cool, you know, when you don't know other fighting games exist.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 inb4uall

@jg4xchamp said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

Then what does it matter if it's a gimmick or not? Sunshine's issues wasn't the fluud system, it was that it had a bad camera and shit level design. The actual platforming through the fludd was terrific. It's one of the few mechanics in the franchise that drops the skill floor for casuals and adds to the skill ceiling of the game. That's a pretty fucking awesome mechanic all things considered. The short coming was elsewhere.

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Too much truth bro, Guilty Gear's fighting engine is terrific, smash is cool, you know, when you don't know other fighting games exist.

Not into quarter circles and all that jazz.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 jg4xchamp

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Cool beans, and I like my netcodes to be somewhat stable when I'm playing with people online. So I'll enjoy my quarter circles, you enjoy your smash. Fucking wild I know.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 inb4uall

@jg4xchamp said:

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Cool beans, and I like my netcodes to be somewhat stable when I'm playing with people online. So I'll enjoy my quarter circles, you enjoy your smash. Fucking wild I know.

Which is all fine and dandy. Its okay to not jizz over smash. But **** smash? You're not finalstar or mastershake. You have better taste than that.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jg4xchamp

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Which is all fine and dandy. Its okay to not jizz over smash. But **** smash? You're not finalstar or mastershake. You have better taste than that.

**** smash=/=i think smash is a bad game.

In fact there are a lot of other WiiU games that weren't bad games like 3D World, Donkey Kong, or even Mario Kart 8. But I simply do not care enough for the rest of the WiiU's lineup beyond those other 3 games (one of which admittedly I play on PC, but still more enjoyable). It's my usual posting with lists. For instance Final Fantasy

1- 6
2- 5
3- 9
4- **** the rest

Does that mean I dislike X, 12, or all of the other ones? NO not really, I just don't care enough to order the rest. They all enter good or good enough territory. Entertaining, but hardly anything I need wax poetics about. Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Shovel Knight? now that's my jam. DK, 3D World, and Smash? Good fucking games, entirely forgettable once they leave my disc trey. In Smash's case I'll play it here and there when gufu peeps, or that no good scumbag chaz actually plays with me. Now if I said anything like Smash sucks, you'd have some merit. I do however do not think it is a great game. Merely a good one.

Brawl I think is shit, like straight up.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 inb4uall

@jg4xchamp said:

@inb4uall said:

@jg4xchamp said:

**** smash=/=i think smash is a bad game.

In fact there are a lot of other WiiU games that weren't bad games like 3D World, Donkey Kong, or even Mario Kart 8. But I simply do not care enough for the rest of the WiiU's lineup beyond those other 3 games (one of which admittedly I play on PC, but still more enjoyable). It's my usual posting with lists. For instance Final Fantasy

1- 6

2- 5

3- 9

4- **** the rest

Does that mean I dislike X, 12, or all of the other ones? NO not really, I just don't care enough to order the rest. They all enter good or good enough territory. Entertaining, but hardly anything I need wax poetics about. Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Shovel Knight? now that's my jam. DK, 3D World, and Smash? Good fucking games, entirely forgettable once they leave my disc trey. In Smash's case I'll play it here and there when gufu peeps, or that no good scumbag chaz actually plays with me. Now if I said anything like Smash sucks, you'd have some merit. I do however do not think it is a great game. Merely a good one.

Brawl I think is shit, like straight up.

Dats fair.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DarkLink77

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

The false information:

Considering they're ridiculously easy to make, no, not really. I mean, ideally you fact check, but mistakes happen. Getting minor facts wrong is not a big deal.

I don't consider core game mechanics gimmicks. By your logic, firing a weapon in Halo is a gimmick.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#67  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Tropical Freeze is way too low, but it's from IGN so I'm not surprised. They always rank Donkey Kong Country games incredibly low or don't include them at all on all of their "best of" lists

Also, Mario Kart 8 has too many flaws to be deserving of the #1 spot. Half of the game (battle mode) was poorly designed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#68 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34628 Posts

I don't know.. The list has good games, but the order would be completely different for me. And I don't really understand the Bayo 2 praise. I have the game, and lost interest about 3 hours in. Just a bunch of nonsense. Pulling off combos can be fun sometimes, but I just didn't find the game fun. I don't find the cutscenes funny, and there's a shitload of cutscenes. Quicktime events sucks balls. That the game got a 10 bugs me to no end. But then again, GameSpot reviews.. Fucking GTAIV and MGSIV got a 10 as well. Fucking laughable.

Sylveon128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sylveon128
Member since 2015 • 99 Posts

@jg4xchamp: I think smash is a good game and I do know about other fighters. Most of them are boring and appeals only to tourney player and that is sad. I don't want to play fighting game with just training mode, online ,and arcade as my only options and smash might not be the best but it keeps me entertain longer than other fighting game because they have a a lot to do it the game and also I like blazeblue and persona arena.

faking_it_bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 faking_it_bad
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

Now I remember why I never turn this thing on.

Pretty much, I haven't outside of media streaming for over 6 months now,

I agree wit dis sentiment. wii u is a kids station now.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

The best games period are wiiu games.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#73 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

I'm sorry, what?

The false information:

Loading Video...

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 nintendoboy16
@Lionheart08 said:

@nintendoboy16 said:

The false information:

Loading Video...

Hey, someone had to do it. When a known gaming site like ScrewAttack makes mistakes on gaming knowledge, it has to be called out.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@Lionheart08 said:

I mean, I'm loving the first party titles but that list really puts into prospective how depressing the Wii-U's lineup is on it's own.

All three of them are depressing as far as i'm concerned. The WiiU at least has the benefit of quality exclusives, the other two would each make for a truly pitiful top 25 list of games.

I know it's not fair to compare them because the PS4/Xbox One are more recent, but if we really want to keep things fair, the WiiU has infinitely less 3rd party support.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@gamefan67 said:

Tropical Freeze is being disrespected.

also, didn't know the Wiiu had 25 worthwhile games.....

Wii U has some pretty damn amazing games, but actually, you're right, I don't know if it has 25 of them...

@charizard1605 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Didnt even know WiiU had 25 games to begin with lol

We are talking about the Wii U, not the Vita.

Lol, This forum is crazy.