User Lists: 0

#151 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

No, not really. In fact gaming journalists do not handle race in general well.

It doesn't matter if they handle it well or not, they sure do it, and for some time now.

Yet gaming journalists in general are ignorant about race. That is how things like Bioshock Infinite get praised.

It doesn't matter, nor was this my original subject.

Or you anti woke people don't get it.

What kind of statement is that? I too can quote you by saying that you're not getting the core issue.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#152 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

@hardwenzen: You antiwoke people never get it, thats why yall stuck living in the 40's like clowns.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: You antiwoke people never get it, thats why yall stuck living in the 40's like clowns.

Currently reading your message on a Switch, and its so blurry, i can't see shit, sorry.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Mesome713

@hardwenzen: You anti-woke clowns dont have Switch's. Yall been trying to ban games since George Bush.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: You anti-woke clowns dont have Switch's. Yall been trying to ban games since George Bush.

We do own switches. Animal crossing is literally the woke paradise.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Mesome713

@hardwenzen: Yeah, down with animals and those DEI fur buddies. Who needs raccoons.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#157  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14922 Posts

RE5 isn't blatantly racist but several enemy designs ARE stereotypes.

The tribal enemies that use spears, and anyone who uses machetes are absolutely problematic.

Todays Capcom absolutely will make changes to the remake, in fact, RE5 is the reason why they run ideas through their western PR teams now to see if those ideas could be problematic.

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Yet gaming journalists in general are ignorant about race. That is how things like Bioshock Infinite get praised.

What kind of statement is that? I too can quote you by saying that you're not getting the core issue.

You are not getting the core issue that games media and companies aren't as woke as you think.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:

The tribal enemies that use spears, and anyone who uses machetes are absolutely problematic.

Todays Capcom absolutely will make changes to the remake, in fact, RE5 is the reason why they run ideas through their western branch now to see if those ideas could be problematic.

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

You are not getting the core issue that games media and companies aren't as woke as you think.

And how would you know that? Assumptions? If you're so certain about yourself, why don't you prove it?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Todays Capcom absolutely will make changes to the remake, in fact, RE5 is the reason why they run ideas through their western branch now to see if those ideas could be problematic.

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:

And how would you know that? Assumptions? If you're so certain about yourself, why don't you prove it?

The entire toxic work culture of gaming companies is one huge example.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Example of what? What are you trying to say? Are you saying that the toxic work culture wasn't a thing at Ubishit and Activision for example?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

@hardwenzen said:

Example of what? What are you trying to say? Are you saying that the toxic work culture wasn't a thing at Ubishit and Activision for example?

It was a thing, and that is my proof. You really don't get it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

It was a thing, and that is my proof. You really don't get it.

Wait what? Nobody said it didn't happen. Wtf are you on about?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen: You are the one that is confused....lol

The low intellect of the anti-woke.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:

I told you to give me proof that its not as woke as everyone is saying that it is, and you begin talking about toxic work culture, which i have never even denied in the first place, and you're wondering why i am confused? Bruh. I have no idea what you're even talking about at this point. You probably believe that Sweet Baby Inc is a good thing for gaming.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 texasgoldrush

@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

I told you to give me proof that its not as woke as everyone is saying that it is, and you begin talking about toxic work culture, which i have never even denied in the first place, and you're wondering why i am confused? Bruh. I have no idea what you're even talking about at this point. You probably believe that Sweet Baby Inc is a good thing for gaming.

Because toxic work culture is completely anti woke............you keep accusing me of not getting it when it is you that doesn't get it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#166  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19598 Posts
@sargentd said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Jag85 said:

There was controversy even back when the original game first came out. Capcom addressed it by diversifying the zombies to include white and brown zombies. There are two ways they can update it for the remake:

1. Further diversify the zombies. After all, it's not a real-world location, but a fictional African country. And Africa is the most genetically diverse continent on the planet. However, the majority of zombies should remain black to make the African setting more believable.
  2. Update the storyline to address Western colonialism. Africa has a long history of being subjugated by Western imperial powers. The original game briefly touched on this, but this can be significantly expanded in the remake... Capcom could even touch on China's exploitation of Africa, but a Japanese dev criticizing China might be controversial in itself (China really hates Japan).

3. Change protagonists, Sheva is the main character this time around.

4. Use less tribal imagery and attacks.

More diversity with the zombies? Really?? The fictional zombie game needs to focus more on colonialism and exploitation?? Why?? Why does a RE game need to have anything about that in it at all?

What does making Sheva main character do??

Less tribal attacks?? Lol

Definitely sounds like a remaster done by the whiny libruls for sure

All of that was already present in the original RE5. It already included white and brown zombies. The story already contained themes of colonialism and exploitation. Sheva was already the co-main character. It would make logical sense to expand and flesh out these elements, like what Capcom did with RE2 remake.

It would also be quite interesting to see authentic West African culture represented. Capcom have previously taken trips to America and Spain while researching previous RE games. They could take a trip to West Africa this time for research on RE5 remake.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#167 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 694 Posts

@Jag85: making the game more authentic would be a welcome change from my point of view.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Jag85

@nirgal: West Africa has plenty of interesting locations Capcom could use for inspiration. For example, Timkubtu.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 hardwenzen

@texasgoldrush said:
@hardwenzen said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Because toxic work culture is completely anti woke............you keep accusing me of not getting it when it is you that doesn't get it.

My gawd. They are two completely different things, and have nothing in common. Toxic work culture is a reality because hundreds of humans are working for those companies, and you're bound to find some bitches that do nasty things. The wokeness in games has nothing to do with those toxic bitches. Its done so for money and money only. These companies don't give a flying shit about the minorities, but they will do everything in their power for you to believe that they care. And this wokeness will last until its profitable. The second the profits fall off of a cliff (suicide squad and saints row are good examples), these companies will throw all this woke shit in a dumpster, and don't even pretend to have a gay pride tshirt in the next conference. In other words, they're milking minorities, and have been doing so for many years now.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#170 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@sakaixx said:

As a game I find it a good action game but very underwhelming as an RE game. I personally prefer playing RE6 over RE5.

Lol

RE6 worse than RE5, but it did have Co.Op. prefer 5 in almost every way.

(As a co op action game)

RE6 is a better action game with great action sequences. It knows its an action game and it doesnt try to be scary which why I like it more than RE5.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6326 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It is an action game. So's 4, the people who pretend that's primarily a horror game are living in lala land.

And I'm with TheErotica, RE5 is dope. Rather play it over 4. And play it over stuff like Left4dead which just gets repetitive as hell.

You obviously never had 3 other friends to play L4D with on the hardest difficulty. That's where the game really shines. I feel sorry that you couldn't experience it.

Yes 4 & 5 were action games which is why i'm not a fan of them.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

You obviously never had 3 other friends to play L4D with on the hardest difficulty. That's where the game really shines. I feel sorry that you couldn't experience it.

And i feel sad for you not being able to experience Helldivers 2, THE coop experience since l4d.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6326 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

And i feel sad for you not being able to experience Helldivers 2, THE coop experience since l4d.

I actually feel sorry for you, I mean you bought it on PC instead of PS5.

#germyhermywenzen

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Oh, for ****’s sake.

Look, if the game had KFC stores on the corner where you could buy buckets of fried chicken to throw as a distraction for the mobs, or be able to shoot watermelons in the streets which would explode and cause the zombies to go into a feeding frenzy, leaving you be, then yeah….

Otherwise, this just reeks of the typical Leftist agenda nonsense; just someone who is seeking woke capital by looking for any semblance of context that is conducive in the most superficial of appearances for claiming racism, even if merely situational (“whites killing blacks….RACIST!!!, blacks going crazy due to a virus….RACIST!!!”). This little Reset Era twit looks exactly as I’d imagine….another white kid, probably seeking approval from his other twit Leftist friends for his self-flagellation for the unconscionable sin of his skin color.

Wonder how much currency he garnered for this one, hopefully it’ll let his wounds heal.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#175 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59100 Posts

@palasta said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@davillain said:

Because there won't be any! Anyone making a thread on any SBI subjects, we will shut that shit down!

Why?

Social cowardice.

Paradoxical. On one side, many gaming boards forbid any political discussion, but injecting games with political agenda and propaganda is A-OK. Hypocrisy truly has become paramount.

RE5 racist? Looked at through a lense it most propably was to some.

Some time ago i watched a Twiligth episode on youtube. The Paladin of the Lost Hour. Had a older white guy and a middle aged black man as protagonists. I read the comments at one point. And one said "racist trash".

Agree with pasta.

Paradoxical.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16570 Posts

People are overly sensitive over racism. This game was made in an African country, and what did people expect, that it would be white people there?? In that case, people would still be calling it racist for not including black zombies. FoH, these journalists are trash and just trying to get clicks and money.

The worst part is, the game wasn't even that great, at least compared to the masterpiece that was re4. But as a standalone game in the re series, it was decent. Also Sheva was way hotter than Ashley, who was annoying af for most of the game.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Unfortunately the carefree use of such terminologies is devaluing the strength of such terms, causing a negative impact over the credibility of legitimate cases. This includes the use of other terms that describe various forms of sexism and homophobia.

Like what Syndrome from The Incredibles said: "If everyone is racist, no one will be."

I think that's what he said.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1014 Posts
@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

@gifford38: Not all but most. All KKK are maga supporters and KKK folks don't believe they are racist. 🤷‍♂️Yes they are a cesspool. Patriots don't push for dictatorship and removal of rights.

they believe in freedom of speech and the constitution.

But didn't Maga recently ban thousands of books and try to tell private companies what they can or can't talk about? Lol. It literally resulted in the loss of multiple court cases for violating the first amendment of the constitution.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#181  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@palasta said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@davillain said:

Because there won't be any! Anyone making a thread on any SBI subjects, we will shut that shit down!

Why?

Social cowardice.

Paradoxical. On one side, many gaming boards forbid any political discussion, but injecting games with political agenda and propaganda is A-OK. Hypocrisy truly has become paramount.

RE5 racist? Looked at through a lense it most propably was to some.

Some time ago i watched a Twiligth episode on youtube. The Paladin of the Lost Hour. Had a older white guy and a middle aged black man as protagonists. I read the comments at one point. And one said "racist trash".

Loading Video...

Nah. Discussion of the original gamergate was quite toxic at the time so we want nothing to do with it. It wasn't as bad on gamespot itself despite some off-site stuff, but with a lot of topics similar to this one and the SBI one they can blow up in a bad way sometimes. Plus like davillian said it's pretty much gamergate 2.0. We are allowing discussion on this topic but pleas don't try to discuss SBI at the same time.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7227 Posts

@robertos: yeah books that don't belong in a school library. Only books I know.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Gifford38

@texasgoldrush: toxic work culture what in the world is that? You think Maga want sexual harassment in a work culture? Sounds like a liberal quote to me. I just want it back to normal.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Gifford38

@mesome713: Maga want to live in the 40s what? That is so I don't know. We want it normal again. 90s bro. When it was about piece among people. You had rap bands player with metal bands. Black and white lead movies. Even got one of the best movies ever robin hood pronce of thieves. Lol anti woke people. Why because we want men to be men and woman be woman? Its crappy writing. Maga why because we want the borders closed. You go to another country and see how difficult it is to get in. What's wrong with that? Maga make America great again. Bring back factory in American. Make American brand name mean something. Everything is made in China even the batteries for electric car. Which is fine but why not us to? You need to figure out what Maga is about. We love this country and flag.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts
@super600 said:

We are allowing discussion on this topic but pleas don't try to discuss SBI at the same time.

We'll allow the discussion of racism, but please don't discuss game "journalists" feelings being hurt. Not to mention who the actual aggressor is...

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8311 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@super600 said:

We are allowing discussion on this topic but pleas don't try to discuss SBI at the same time.

We'll allow the discussion of racism, but please don't discuss game "journalists" feelings being hurt. Not to mention who the actual aggressor is...

@super600 why cant we mention SBI.. They even trying to bring the government into it.. not gamers fault. Why we cant talk about not liking this woke crap in games

Loading Video...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#187 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@sargentd@super600:

I'm not even discussing the woke crap (though they have shown that). I'm discussing the harassment the SBI employees levied at the Steam Curator, which had a Streisand effect and brought it mainstream, to which Kotaku and PCGamer tried to play defence in a laughable play.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8311 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@sargentd@super600:

I'm not even discussing the woke crap (though they have shown that). I'm discussing the harassment the SBI employees levied at the Steam Curator, which had a Streisand effect and brought it mainstream, to which Kotaku and PCGamer tried to play defence in a laughable play.

Yeah Valve told SBI to **** off so they ran to the goverment

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Robertos
@gifford38 said:

@robertos: yeah books that don't belong in a school library. Only books I know.

So that includes the hundreds of black biographies, SEL, climate change, vaccine info being banned in schools and public libraries? Telling private companies they can't have CYA training or make political statements? And the crazy porn law situations, resulting in porn sites blocking red states? MAGA is going crazy.

This Sweet Baby Inc. nonsense is free market stuff and voluntary actions between corporations, we should push them out with our wallets. At least it's not the government telling people what to do.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Jag85

I sometimes cringe at the "woke" crowd, but they're nowhere near as cringe as the "anti-woke" crowd. At least the woke crowd are defending ideas they actually believe in. The anti-woke crowd are just reactionary edgelords trying to sound "based" rather than defending ideas they actually believe in.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#191  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@sargentd@super600:

Just try to keep the discussion as best as possible to the IGN article about RE5 even though I know SBI will be talked about a bit in this thread to. This thread has mostly been calm so that is why it hasn't been locked.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Nirgal

I really wouldn't mind if they change it to better reflect an actual town in Africa with their language and customes being properly reflected.

What I wouldn't like is change it to serve an American ideal of what an African representation would be, getting rid of likely existing parts of the landscape such as poverty, cultural manifestations that could be interpreted as tribal, or anything that doesn't fit an American liberals idea of a progressive representation of sub-saharan Africa.

Make it authentic, true to source, respectful to the local culture but without hiding the negative aspects of it. ( Or the aspects that while not negative per se could be interpreted as primitive or tribal)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#193 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69909 Posts
@nirgal said:

I really wouldn't mind if they change it to better reflect an actual town in Africa with their language and customes being properly reflected.

What I wouldn't like is change it to serve an American ideal of what an African representation would be, getting rid of likely existing parts of the landscape such as poverty, cultural manifestations that could be interpreted as tribal, or anything that doesn't fit an American liberals idea of a progressive representation of sub-saharan Africa.

Make it authentic, true to source, respectful to the local culture but without hiding the negative aspects of it. ( Or the aspects that while not negative per se could be interpreted as primitive or tribal)

They will need to higher a consultation company.😏

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Nirgal

@Pedro: if you hire a consultant from a western country, you get all the bias from current ivy college mentality of "don't show anything that could be construed as negative even if it's true"

If I were them, I would take my team to go themselves or hire a japanese(or African) consultant.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Jag85
@nirgal said:

This.

What I'd like to see is authentic representation of Africa (specifically West Africa where the fictional country is apparently based), not whatever stereotypes or agendas that Westerners (whether liberals or conservatives) may have about Africa.

If done well, Capcom could even gain a whole new audience in Africa. It's an untapped growing market.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#196  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59100 Posts

They should base it off Haiti then it will be a simulation.

Capcoms Arma.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#197  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69909 Posts

@nirgal: I keep forgetting that college education is bad.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#198 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3448 Posts

@robertos: Based on his posts, I'm willing to bet that books in general are not his thing.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Robertos
@Jag85 said:

I sometimes cringe at the "woke" crowd, but they're nowhere near as cringe as the "anti-woke" crowd. At least the woke crowd are defending ideas they actually believe in. The anti-woke crowd are just reactionary edgelords trying to sound "based" rather than defending ideas they actually believe in.

The biggest issue with the anti-woke crowd is they are using government to get their way. Fascist nonsense.

Imagine Sweet Baby Inc. or Kotaku enforcing policy, and the rightful outrage that would cause. Banning games for not being woke enough lol.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#200 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1116 Posts
@gifford38 said:

we want men to be men and woman be woman?

🎶Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again 🎶