If you haven't played a FPS on a proper PC before

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

Please name me 2 pc fps games that have come out in the last 3 years that are actually good. The videos you see of console fps game play are made by bad players. Controllers are more competitive and take far more skill. I used to play quake live with a 360 controller and was amazed at how easy it wasRTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Are you high ? :lol:

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2
Member since 2012 • 271 Posts

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

This is what happens. Before you do it you think "Can't be THAT much different can it?" then you play PC and go back to a console controller and FPS games are unbearably clumsy to control. You start to notice it in gameplay videos too and see people over aiming all the time without auto aim.

PC is where it's at for FPS games, a mouse is the greatest peripheral for them and anyone who says sticks are good haven't played on PC

Jankarcop

Controllers are more competitive and take far more skill. I used to play quake live with a 360 controller and was amazed at how easy it was

Too obvious.

That is the truth. I've played on xbox live for over 10 years so I have a lot of experience but I've also played a fair amount of pc fps games (with both KBM and controller) and aside from quake live they are mostly just casual server based games with no rating system

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"] Controllers are more competitive and take far more skill. I used to play quake live with a 360 controller and was amazed at how easy it wasRTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Too obvious.

That is the truth. I've played on xbox live for over 10 years so I have a lot of experience but I've also played a fair amount of pc fps games (with both KBM and controller) and aside from quake live they are mostly just casual server based games with no rating system

I'd love to see you play CS well with a controller.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Too obvious.

kraken2109

I'd love to see you play CS well with a controller.

I love to see him play Quake Live with a controller.
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

I prefer gaming on my sofa, thank you very much.

Don't give me any crap about those debunked "you can hook your PC up to your TV" arguments, either.

What is it with PC gamers? Are you all that insecure about your platform of choice that you endlessly try to make console gamers switch?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 clyde46

Don't give me any crap about those debunked "you can hook your PC up to your TV" arguments, either.

What is it with PC gamers? Are you all that insecure about your platform of choice that you endlessly try to make console gamers switch?

StormyJoe
 Play as you wish, why get on the defensive?
beganoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 beganoo
Member since 2009 • 1642 Posts

StormyJoe

Nobody gives two **** about the way you play. We are justs stating that KM is so much better for shooters.

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

I agree, I dont mind some third person shooters with controller, but FPS with controller=no.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

StormyJoe

How are the arguments debunked? And you're on the wrong forum if you just want to discuss gaming. It's called SYSTEM WARS for a reason.

l2internet

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

beganoo

Nobody gives two **** about the way you play. We are justs stating that KM is so much better for shooters.

You missed out
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="beganoo"]

[QUOTE="StormyJoe"]

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

You missed out

yeah man that sofa surely made the games run, look, control, and play better.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

KB and M are more precise and accurate then a controller plain and simple. The proof is using controllers for PC games. Very few people do it and the ones who do are often frustrated buy how much better mouse players are. Take the best controller and best KB and M players of any given online FPS, the keyboard guys would destroy

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"][QUOTE="beganoo"]

Jankarcop

You missed out

It's all about fun. Some people have more fun with the accuracy of a mouse/keyboard at a desk. Some people have more fun with the comfort of a controller on a couch.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 clyde46
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"] You missed outlocopatho

It's all about fun. Some people have more fun with the accuracy of a mouse/keyboard at a desk. Some people have more fun with the comfort of a controller on a couch.

I can play using a KB/M on a sofa...
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

clyde46

I tried that. It's horribly impractical.

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"][QUOTE="beganoo"]

Jankarcop

You missed out

I agree with the look better part
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="locopatho"] It's all about fun. Some people have more fun with the accuracy of a mouse/keyboard at a desk. Some people have more fun with the comfort of a controller on a couch. locopatho

How so, worked fine for me.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2, what a very bad troll.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Gamers deserve better than crappy WASD controls. Where are the analog sticks to pair with mice? I hope Valve address this.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Gamers deserve better than crappy WASD controls. Where are the analog sticks to pair with mice? I hope Valve address this.

Mr_BillGates

******-gaming-mouse.jpg

This?

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

seanmcloughlin

Why? Because I've actually experienced competitive console fps games and played them at a high level?

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

seanmcloughlin

Did you go to the trouble of actually typing out that clusterfvck of a user name or did you copy/paste.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

seanmcloughlin

******-gaming-mouse.jpg

This?

Having used a Nostromo, that's a d pad, not an analog stick. Try the G13 instead.
RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Obviously_Right

Did you go to the trouble of actually typing out that clusterfvck of a user name or did you copy/paste.

I'm guessing 13 or 14
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] I can play using a KB/M on a sofa...clyde46

Need a table or something to put the mouse on. And need to sit upright to have the keyboard on my lap, which wasn't nice either. Might as well just sit at a desk.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="locopatho"] I tried that. It's horribly impractical.locopatho

Need a table or something to put the mouse on. And need to sit upright to have the keyboard on my lap, which wasn't nice either. Might as well just sit at a desk.

Personally, I had a plank of wood that I put the KB/M on. Everyone is different, no need to hate on someone who wants to use a KB/M when on the sofa.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

I'm guessing 13 or 14

Wrong, your IQ is not that high, silly.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 locopatho
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="clyde46"] How so, worked fine for me.

Personally, I had a plank of wood that I put the KB/M on. Everyone is different, no need to hate on someone who wants to use a KB/M when on the sofa.

I don't hate, every gamer should do what makes them happy, that's my point. I won't be playing with a mouse on a plank of wood, I'll just be using a controller and be happy. And that's fine too.
RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"][QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Obviously_Right

I'm guessing 13 or 14

Wrong, your IQ is not that high, silly.

Yours is probably 71
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

I came from a history of having both console and PC. After playing both consistently, I found the PC to be the best choice

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 R4gn4r0k

KB and M are more precise and accurate then a controller plain and simple. The proof is using controllers for PC games. Very few people do it and the ones who do are often frustrated buy how much better mouse players are. Take the best controller and best KB and M players of any given online FPS, the keyboard guys would destroy

AdamPA1006

More proof would be Shadowrun and its 360 playerbase vanishing from one day to the next, because they didn't stand a chance against people playing with KBM (how did this not come up during playtesting btw? :P)

And how there hasn't been a crossplatform competitive FPS ever since. Even CS:GO was supposed to give cross platform between PS3 and PC remember ?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lowe0

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

R4gn4r0k

More proof would be Shadowrun and its 360 playerbase vanishing from one day to the next, because they didn't stand a chance against people playing with KBM (how did this not come up during playtesting btw? :P)

And how there hasn't been a crossplatform competitive FPS ever since. Even CS:GO was supposed to give cross platform between PS3 and PC remember ?

That didn't get axed for competitive reasons, though; it was because they couldn't keep the two in sync without delaying patches on the PC side.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 clyde46
[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

lowe0

That didn't get axed for competitive reasons, though; it was because they couldn't keep the two in sync without delaying patches on the PC side.

I wouldn't be surprised if the control issues were part of the decision to can it.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
I'm actually capable of dealing with both just fine.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

clyde46

I wouldn't be surprised if the control issues were part of the decision to can it.

I can't speculate as to their motives, other than what's been stated publicly.

PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts

I prefer KB and mouse, though a controller is perfect fine for games that are obviously better played with it. However, I haven't come across a game yet that I feel requires a controller absolutely. I manage even with racing games just fine.

As for the sofa sitting/non desk PC gamers like myself I have a nice Ikea chair that I pull up to a good distance to my HDTV, and I use a stool as my mousepad with my keyboard in my lap. I've been doing it for over three years. It's pretty awesome, though I still love sitting at a desk for FPSs.

'Dat HDMI standard sure is convenient.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 R4gn4r0k

That didn't get axed for competitive reasons, though; it was because they couldn't keep the two in sync without delaying patches on the PC side.lowe0

lowe0

You are a strange man lowe. You say you hate people changing the subject when discussing something. But you do the exact same.

I'm talking about why cross platform doesn't work and hasn't worked in the past and you bring up an official announcement by the devs about why they axed the game? Uhm thanks I guess but what does that have to do with the topic at hand ?

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

R4gn4r0k

You do realise that a lot of the pc shadowrun community plays using a 360 controller right? (again I'm not trying to say the controller is better but using shadowrun as an example is dumb)
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 R4gn4r0k

You do realise that a lot of the pc shadowrun community plays using a 360 controller right? (again I'm not trying to say the controller is better but using shadowrun as an example is dumb)RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

There is still a PC shadowrun community ?:o

that is very interesting... seeing as how the servers have closed down !

And you call me dumb, lol :lol:

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I think I'm one of the very few people in existence who can enjoy and use both input methods interchangeably.
RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"]You do realise that a lot of the pc shadowrun community plays using a 360 controller right? (again I'm not trying to say the controller is better but using shadowrun as an example is dumb)R4gn4r0k

There is still a PC shadowrun community ?:o

that is very interesting... seeing as how the servers have closed down !

And you call me dumb, lol :lol:

You know nothing.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]That didn't get axed for competitive reasons, though; it was because they couldn't keep the two in sync without delaying patches on the PC side.R4gn4r0k

lowe0

You are a strange man lowe. You say you hate people changing the subject when discussing something. But you do the exact same.

I'm talking about why cross platform doesn't work and hasn't worked in the past and you bring up an official announcement by the devs about why they axed the game? Uhm thanks I guess but what does that have to do with the topic at hand ?

Technically, no. What I push back against is the idea that I'm the one who changes the topic from statements made in the thread to discussing myself and my posting habits. But, to avoid that, I'll simply point out that you did specifically bring up CS:GO.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I have always played fighting games on a D-pad while others argue that with a stick is much better. Bought a pretty expensive stick and I still prefer the d-pad better.

The same arguments are going on with PC and mouse. Is not that is better is just that you have been playing FPS games with that set-up for so much time that when you play with dual analog is just doesn't feels right. Nobody will ever win this argument because is all preference.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Ucasuals
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts
Played FPS games on PC, honestly still can't see much of a difference other than better graphics. I still prefer a controller. mems_1224
then plug it into the computer
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ucasuals
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

[QUOTE="AdamPA1006"]

R4gn4r0k

gamespots review said the controller having aim assist is unfair advantage to pc gamers with keyboard and mouse with no aim assist.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 R4gn4r0k

Technically, no. What I push back against is the idea that I'm the one who changes the topic from statements made in the thread to discussing myself and my posting habits. But, to avoid that, I'll simply point out that you did specifically bring up CS:GO.lowe0

I was totally confused. :P

I didn't know you were talking about CS:GO. Yeah valve did give that reason, but it wouldn't have worked even if they fixed that problem.

It's a shame but cross platform simply does not work

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 R4gn4r0k

You know nothing.RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

I know you are full of sh1t when you say you play Quake Live with a controller

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"]You know nothing.R4gn4r0k

I know you are full of sh1t when you say you play Quake Live with a controller

When I played quake live I did use a controller and I did good with it because I'm not some cod player. I started with unreal championship back in 2002 and have played and I still play ut2k4 with one
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Played FPS games on PC, honestly still can't see much of a difference other than better graphics. I still prefer a controller. Ucasuals
then plug it into the computer

where did i say that i dont? i still use a controller for any game that lets me on pc. much better that way.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

kb/m destroys controller so bad for FPS that you have to make an alt troll accoutn to say otherwise, like this R**** guy.