If you haven't played a FPS on a proper PC before

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

When I played quake live I did use a controller and I did good with it because I'm not some cod player. I started with unreal championship back in 2002 and have played and I still play ut2k4 with oneRTCWGR1SCRB6H2

So you handicap yourself for fun... or because it takes more skill like you say?

Why stop there? Why not break your two thumbs. It will take a lot more skill to be a good player with two broken thumbs;)

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I think I'm one of the very few people in existence who can enjoy and use both input methods interchangeably.Zeviander

Depends on your saturation level to both. I use mouse for almost all shooting in games or something that requires any aiming to be precise so my use of thumbsticks has been seriously weakened.

When I was playing on console I could use them no problem. I'm sure they would be fine again if I spent a long time practicing again, But I love my mouse too much now :P

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I have always played fighting games on a D-pad while others argue that with a stick is much better. Bought a pretty expensive stick and I still prefer the d-pad better.

The same arguments are going on with PC and mouse. Is not that is better is just that you have been playing FPS games with that set-up for so much time that when you play with dual analog is just doesn't feels right. Nobody will ever win this argument because is all preference.

Gue1
Obviously practice matters, but mice are more accurate than analogue sticks. Put the best KB+M players against the best controller players with no aim assist and it will be slaughter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

Gamers deserve better than crappy WASD controls. Where are the analog sticks to pair with mice? I hope Valve address this.

lowe0

This?

Having used a Nostromo, that's a d pad, not an analog stick. Try the G13 instead.

I can see that a bit clearer now actually, I just glanced at the thing every time and never really noticed before. But you are correct

RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 RTCWGR1SCRB6H2
Member since 2012 • 271 Posts

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"]When I played quake live I did use a controller and I did good with it because I'm not some cod player. I started with unreal championship back in 2002 and have played and I still play ut2k4 with oneR4gn4r0k

So you handicap yourself for fun... or because it takes more skill like you say?

Why stop there? Why not break your two thumbs. It will take a lot more skill to be a good player with two broken thumbs;)

Because I prefer fps games on the xbox but I still love to game on my pc. I like single player pc fps games but when it comes to multiplayer none of them have interested me in a long time. I enjoy quake/unreal and because I play fps games on my 360 I like to test myself against people on quake live if I'm bored
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 R4gn4r0k

Because I prefer fps games on the xbox but I still love to game on my pc. I like single player pc fps games but when it comes to multiplayer none of them have interested me in a long time. I enjoy quake/unreal and because I play fps games on my 360 I like to test myself against people on quake live if I'm bored RTCWGR1SCRB6H2

That's an understandable reason. so what online FPS do you play ? Because you were talking about UT and Quake yet say that no multiplayer PC games interest you.

And if you wanna go ahead and play FPS on PC with a controller that is fine, the option is there. Don't say it take more skill though, because that is laughable

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Ucasuals
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

[QUOTE="RTCWGR1SCRB6H2"]Because I prefer fps games on the xbox but I still love to game on my pc. I like single player pc fps games but when it comes to multiplayer none of them have interested me in a long time. I enjoy quake/unreal and because I play fps games on my 360 I like to test myself against people on quake live if I'm bored R4gn4r0k

That's an understandable reason. so what online FPS do you play ? Because you were talking about UT and Quake yet say that no multiplayer PC games interest you.

And if you wanna go ahead and play FPS on PC with a controller that is fine, the option is there. Don't say it take more skill though, because that is laughable

it takes more skill to use controller without aim assist than it does mouse without aim assist.
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ucasuals

its just fun trying to take on kb & mouse players on a controller no aim assist lol even if u cant beat em.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Ucasuals

lol atleast if u do kill em ur like ahhaa got killed by controller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-59b71619573a1

its just fun trying to take on kb & mouse players on a controller no aim assist lol even if u cant beat em.

Ucasuals

heeeeweeee/wewantdoom4 we all know it's you.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Ucasuals

[QUOTE="Ucasuals"]

seanmcloughlin

heeeeweeee/wewantdoom4 we all know it's you.

dreamcast quake 3 arena pc vs dreamcast says hello casual where were u back then? OHH yea not born yet
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Ucasuals

jigglywigglys a dumbass because to use 360 controller in quake live.

you cant just plug the controller in and start playing u gotta set up all these controls and enter commands to get it working and this dumbass was killing me when i was basically playtesting my controls and makes video claiming.

mouse owns controller yes it does but not that bad as video shows he made.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Ucasuals

notice i couldnt switch to the gauntlet in quake live playing jigglywiggly because my weapon switch wasnt set up when he kept killing me with it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 R4gn4r0k

it takes more skill to use controller without aim assist than it does mouse without aim assist.Ucasuals

Bwahahahaha mouse with aim assist.

That's the silliest thing I have ever heard.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ucasuals

i didnt even switch to the gauntlet the whole match video shows it because i couldnt switch weapons to use the f*cking gauntlet.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Ucasuals

[QUOTE="Ucasuals"]it takes more skill to use controller without aim assist than it does mouse without aim assist.R4gn4r0k

dreamcast unreal tournament u could use mouse with auto aim no lie.
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Ucasuals

for some reason i cant switch to gaunlet with regular weapon switch on a controller.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#118 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
KB+M is great, and wonderfully precise for shooters. This goes without saying. But I honestly enjoy using a controller almost just as much, even for a game like CS:GO. I'm puzzled as to why some people can't enjoy both inputs.
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Ucasuals

jigglywiggly wouldnt play me in a shooter were the controller is plug and play and everythings preconfigured out of the box.

like duke nukem forever on the pc.

He made me play a game with that isnt plug and play and preconfigured for a controller.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="Ucasuals"]it takes more skill to use controller without aim assist than it does mouse without aim assist.Ucasuals

dreamcast unreal tournament u could use mouse with auto aim no lie.

lol, there are some PC games that have it too.

It would feel totally counterintuitive though and I don't know who would use such a thing.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Ucasuals

i still killed him acouple times with halfway configured controller in quake live though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#124 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

:roll:

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Ucasuals

i could of done a hell of alot better against him if quake live was like duke nukem forever on the pc.

all i gotta do is plug in my 360 controller and lower my sensitivity alittle and im off gaming.

quake live i gotta map every button basically lol and get like 3 sliders for freelook in right position so it feels right its just a big hassle to get it working right compared to duke.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Heeweee, You are an insane fvcking person. I'm not kidding. You just keep going. It's ridiculous. I don't even want to imagine what kind of person you are in real life.
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Ucasuals

i want to play jigglywiggly in duke nukem forever because i dont have to mess with the controls at all the perfect for me without adjusting sh1t basically.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Ucasuals

duke would prove mouse isnt as superior as people are lead to believe.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Ucasuals

plus he didnt kill me with same weapon alot of times not a true balanced game doesnt actually prove how more accurate mouse player is with that weapon vs controller player

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 R4gn4r0k

Heeweee, You are an insane fvcking person. I'm not kidding. You just keep going. It's ridiculous. I don't even want to imagine what kind of person you are in real life.freedomfreak

Haha absolutely. Thats over one hundred posts of rambling in just two days :lol:

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Played FPS games on PC, honestly still can't see much of a difference other than better graphics. I still prefer a controller. mems_1224

(60fps, k/m, larger fov)

vs

(30fps, controller, small fov, auto-aim)

equal no much of a difference? dirty console peasants will never change.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ucasuals

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Heeweee, You are an insane fvcking person. I'm not kidding. You just keep going. It's ridiculous. I don't even want to imagine what kind of person you are in real life.R4gn4r0k

Haha absolutely. Thats over one hundred posts of rambling in just two days :lol:

oh course a person with gauntlet running into someone who cant switch guantlet and can only use machine gun which takes away less hit points than the gauntlet is gonna kill them. lol ****sh1t matches

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Heeweee, You are an insane fvcking person. I'm not kidding. You just keep going. It's ridiculous. I don't even want to imagine what kind of person you are in real life.Ucasuals

oh course a person with gauntlet running into someone who cant switch guantlet and can only use machine gun which takes away less hit points than the gauntlet is gonna kill them. lol ****sh1t matches

I want to bite in your nipples.
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Ucasuals

if i wanted to switch to gauntlet i would of had to press 1 on my keyboard i couldnt switch to it on my controller and he would of killed me when im pressing the 1 on the keyboard.

just a bullsh1t match both of em

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Ucasuals
[QUOTE="Ucasuals"]

[QUOTE="R4gn4r0k"]

freedomfreak

kids like that are people who would kill bots in unreal championship multiplayer just to get high rank on leader board. LOL
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]Played FPS games on PC, honestly still can't see much of a difference other than better graphics. I still prefer a controller. MK-Professor

(60fps, k/m, larger fov)

vs

(30fps, controller, small fov, auto-aim)

equal no much of a difference? dirty console peasants will never change.

i dont see much of one. u mad?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 freedomfreak
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Ucasuals"] oh course a person with gauntlet running into someone who cant switch guantlet and can only use machine gun which takes away less hit points than the gauntlet is gonna kill them. lol ****sh1t matchesUcasuals

kids like that are people who would kill bots in unreal championship multiplayer just to get high rank on leader board. LOL

I see dirty talk is not your strong suit.
Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ucasuals
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Ucasuals"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] I want to bite in your nipples.

This is nuts...

You could host a mulitplayer game with bots and kill them to higher your rank on the leaderboard but the developers ended up catching onto these people.
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 R4gn4r0k

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Ucasuals"]

Ucasuals

You can get a high rank in the unreal championshop leaderboards from biting nipples ?:o

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 PresidentKing
Member since 2012 • 215 Posts
Lol at the people not realizing pc on max looks like this:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Ucasuals"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"] I want to bite in your nipples.freedomfreak

I always find it funny how he keps the little conversation with himself going, even as he quotes you he says nothing relevant to what he quotes and just keeps going. And instead of editing and adding he just posts and posts.

Also he once told me he would love to bash my skull in and got moderated for it :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="Ucasuals"] kids like that are people who would kill bots in unreal championship multiplayer just to get high rank on leader board. LOLseanmcloughlin

I always find it funny how he keps the little conversation with himself going, even as he quotes you he says nothing relevant to what he quotes and just keeps going. And instead of editing and adding he just posts and posts.

Also he once told me he would love to bash my skull in and got moderated for it :P

He does. And what? haha :lol: He really is insane.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#148 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Counter strike would have made your case a bit better. Fear on consoles is terrible. Your point still stands, but I can't lie through my teeth and say console shooters are near impossible to play.

Ucasuals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Ucasuals
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] I see dirty talk is not your strong suit.freedomfreak

He does. And what? haha :lol: He really is insane.

Watch the video retard and u;ll understand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF5hqdc510g 22 seconds is the only real kill jigglywiggly got on me since we both had machinegun. i still blame it on him having having armor and megahealth and my sensitivity not feeling the best it can be. 30 seconds you can see me trying to switch to the guantlet and i couldnt 1:01 i stopped to try to switch to guantlet press 1 on keyboard so we can both have it but he kills me like a noob lol.