If you aren't a Playstation fan what are your reasons why

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

I'm just curious, if you have seen the PS4 press conference and obviosuly have been watching/playing the PS3 - if you aren't a fan what are your reasons and why? I'm not looking for bash stuff, just serious. I often see why people don't like MS or want a 720 and that's cool. I respect opinions different than mine. But for Sony and what they are doing, what are your reasons for not wanting it?

For me it starts and begins with games. Cows may yell all day about what they have, but we all only spend money on what we individually like. I have played Uncharted 2 and 3, as well as the GoW series. I think they are very good games, but for me not on the level of a Gears or Forza or Halo as series go. MS has better online communities and multiplayer altogether, both of which are huge to me. And the rest of the Sony exclusives leave me flat. I just don't care. Multiplats are a wash with each system having a few that are better than the other.  Also at first the PS3's price versus what I saw of its games just didn't do anything for me. I didn't see the value in it.

As for the PS4 I can tell Sony has crafted a very powerful system, but they didn't show me anything at their conference that I thought was so awesome I'd forget that next gen Halo's and Gears are coming. Destiny's exclusive content is cool, but I'm sure MS will have its own as well. Bungie ain't gonna piss off the millions of MS fans that supported them for years, imho. Outside of those things and my concerns about price I can't say much negative about what I have heard from the PS4 so far. But I can't say I've seen so much that it makes me not want  720. And that hasn't even been announced yet.

So to close those are my reasons. If you aren't interested/vested in the Playstation brand what are your reasons?

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

I'm a fan of all. I like good games no matter the system.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I'm a fan of good games in general. 

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I'm a fan of good games in general.

Lucianu

EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts
Not really interested in the exclusives sony has to offer. The one exclusive I would like to play though is Infamous. Looks like a fun sand box type game.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I don't like the PlayStation because it's the reason why Sega dropped out of the console race and the reason why Nintendo started making their consoles underpowered and "gimmicky" and cater to the "casual".

Is that a good enough reason? :P

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Am only into cartoony, non-violent and family friendly games :P

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Mainly the controller. Can't stand it.
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 DropsofJupiter
Member since 2013 • 1449 Posts
Maybe because they don't like the stuff on Playstation? The same reason someone wouldn't be a fan of Xbox or Nintendo.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I kinda interested in buying a PS4, but some of the exclusives like killzone are not an instant system seller for me.I'm also waiting more info about the console to release to.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shawn30
Mainly the controller. Can't stand it. Led_poison
Really? The controller feels fine to me. But to each his or her own.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn30

I kinda interested in buying a PS4, but some of the exclusives like killzone are not an instant system seller for me.I'm also waiting more info about the console to release to.

super600
I'm kind of interested too, but maybe in a year or two. I'm waiting for one of their exclusives to really grab me. I'm open to the PS4, just not day one.
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

Mainly the controller. Can't stand it. Led_poison

this.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
A product doesn't have to appeal everyone on earth. It's fine to have different tastes, and I don't mean only in gaming. Life would be so boring if all of us thought the same way. Too boring.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
Oh, I like 'em.
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

If you didn't buy a PS3 last gen, you did it wrong

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
Oh, I like 'em.freedomfreak
Cow.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I only have time for one platform, and I choose PC

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
The exclusives I fell in love with on the PS either no longer exist, aren't taking priority in development, or are on a mobile platform (i.e. Syphon Filter, my favorite Sony franchise). I used to be a huge cow until the PS3 came out.
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
The controller and lack of addicting/great exclusive multiplayer experiences. I had a PS3 and beat all the games I wanted to play, then sold it. MAG sucked, Uncharted 2 online wasn't that good, Killzone 2/3 multiplayer wasn't that good either.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

if you're not a PS fan is because you think with your feet.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -RocBoys9489-

Gue1
Or maybe some of us like premium gaming experiences, peasant.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shawn30

Gue1
Lol, my feet are very smart :)
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22860 Posts

Honestly, for me its about who sells to me best... I can't subscribe to a "my company at all costs" type of approach.  Next gen they will all have to sell to me again.  Last gen, I was happy to be a mostly XBOX gamer, I like my ps3 and wii, but the xbox was the best product last gen.... next gen? well I guess we'll find out when something tangible comes along.  

Whichever console gives me the most useful features and games is what I'll go with.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Lack of time. Got my ps1 though, still buying games for it.(used of course)
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#26 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

im not a fan of ps or xbox not really a fan of anything but i will point out all the weaknesses of those systems the 720 is looking like a prison so im buying a ps4 to go w my wiiu

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Because I was born a human, not a instrument to cool down ps3s

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

Mismanaged company.

No confidence in Sony's future.

Artistic games replaced fun games.

PS3 gaming community... are hard to relate to.

Games often feel nostalgic, PS2.5

Tired of the Dual Shock.

---

Ultimately I feel either Sony is out of touch with gamers, or I'm out of touch with Sony... but I don't feel the visceral connection to their product that I once did.

Everything with Sony seems complicated, I miss when playing games on a Sony felt normal and natural and exciting. Now I always feel like something indiscernable has changed or is missing and I can't get immersed like I once did.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -RocBoys9489-

Mismanaged company.

Tired of the Dual Shock.

---

Ultimately I feel either Sony is out of touch with gamers, or I'm out of touch with Sony... but I don't feel the visceral connection to their product that I once did.

Everything with Sony seems complicated, I miss when playing games on a Sony felt normal and natural and exciting. Now I always feel like something indiscernable has changed or is missing and I can't get immersed like I once did.

fadersdream
Honestly, I think it's just that damn dualshock controller. And the interface. If they had better software and a 360 controller rip-off, I think I would have invested a lot more into the PS brand this gen. And so far, I'm not excited for PS4, another Killzone with dualshock, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

After the godliness of PS1 and PS2, PS3 was just a massive disappointment. Launched here in Europe in 2007 (2 years after 360), for over 600 euros, with garbage exclusives (exception: Uncharted!) for the first few years, and lots of sucky multiplats, late ports, lack of DLC, trophies not showing up for years, crap online, lame motion controls, long load times, bad online store, mandatory 5 GB installs, 20 minute updates. It was just a very bad console when it came out.

Things have improved a good bit and I'm very happy to have one for Blu Ray and exclusives. But it's still a bit lame compared to my 360.

Can't wait for PS4 tho. Day fuking one! :cool:

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fadersdream

I'm greatly saddened that I'm no longer a Playstation fan. I loved PS1 and PS2.

It's depressing to not enjoy something I once loved so much.

Seriously, outside of all the System Warscrap I was a tremendous Sony fan and it's tough to play on a Playstation and not feel the connection I once did.

Playing Freedom Fighters on the floor of a strangers garage kept me sane after Hurricane Katrina.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I hate Playstation, too much variety and has an identity crisis

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fadersdream
[QUOTE="fadersdream"]

Mismanaged company.

Tired of the Dual Shock.

---

-RocBoys9489-
Honestly, I think it's just that damn dualshock controller. And the interface. If they had better software and a 360 controller rip-off, I think I would have invested a lot more into the PS brand this gen. And so far, I'm not excited for PS4, another Killzone with dualshock, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was excited to play MGS4, it was my first PS3 game... and when I picked up the controller I remember feeling ... repulsed. It was wrong, I started with an atari, and a new controller is part of the gaming experience. The only thing new was the failed motion control.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I'm nto a fan now - mostly because consoles suck. But I might be a fan int he future.

Next gen consoles will run games that look much better. I'm just hoping they util[ize that new hardware power to make games that aren't glorified interactive movies. If Sony exclusives cna manage that, I'll be a fan, in addition to continuing to play and enjoy PC games. If not, then I hope Microsoft can manage to leave the rot of corridor, "cinematic" experiences **** behind, and then I'll be a fan of theirs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well While I prefer games more then systems, I will chime in here, just for the sheer Irony of this thread.

I REALLY liked Sony, I owned a PS1, a PS2 (well 2 of them) but then came the PS3, More broken promises compromises in security and what gamers would get, all wrapped in a high pricepoint. I Loathed the PS3 for a lot of reasons, mostly due to what was promised and never delivered on.

The PS4 might very well be my favorite Console in the next gen, I really like the cost performance that console seem to have, I like most of what I saw in the presentation, and I like how they acknowlage the mistakes they made, which makes me optimistic for the PS4.

The constoller is a bit hit or miss for me aswell, but hard to judge just by looking, I managed the PS1 controller, somehow disliked the PS2 controller, the PS3 I was fairly neutral for, and the PS4 I am cautiously optimistic for.

Now the interresting thing is that When I think of the Controllers, they were fairly similar, and I can not state why I disliked the PS2 controller as much as I did, maybe because I had grown up at that point and it felt "fragile" Or maybe there was a real build quality difference between the PS1 and PS2, they were not really idendical ofcourse. So could be alot of things.

The PS3 controller While I think it looks somewhat like the PS2 controller,s somehow "felt" better to me, but at that point I am willing to chalk that one up to pure mindgames.

I hope the PS4 Controller has more weight to it, feels more rigid in the controller frame, while having soft but firm sticks, that does not feel too wobbely, and well when it comes to triggers, as the PS4 seems to have, I am not the biggest fan, but again, not something I hate by design, so Let us see.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Well, my general mentality towards Sony isn't one of hate or reverence; they're just another company to me. Now, if you're asking why I am not uber excited about the PS4, I'll tell you:

-I could care less about sharing photos or whatever, so half the new features on the console are irrelevant to me

-the graphics, while certainly being a step above current console games, just don't wow me as much as they do some people. I've been playing amazing, next-gen quality games for years now. It's not that they look bad--they do look good!--it's just that I am already familiar with that level of quality. It's the same reason I wasn't one of those people that was going "OMG!! Watch Dogs looks SOOO amazing! SO REALISTIC!!;" to me, it just looked pretty similar to PC version of Sleeping Dogs. The game itself looks great and I can't wait to play it, but it's not the visuals that are getting me excited about it.

-Sony exclusives just don't appeal to me as much. They're simply becoming overly cinematic. Uncharted, MGS4, Heavy Rain, etc--these are all games that I just don't have any interest in because they're overloaded with cutscenes; I loved the MGS series, but I loved the gameplay, not the asinine story. The thought of having to sit through 10 hours of Hideo Kojima's inane, incoherent dribble just doesn't appeal to me. 10 hours of MGS gameplay though: hell yeah.

The other Sony exclusives (Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper) also don't appeal to me. The only Sony exclusive that I've ever really been into was God of War, and honestly, if you've played one God of War, you've pretty much played them all. Not to mention, there are a ton of other similar games that could satisfy that itch.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I'm nto a fan now - mostly because consoles suck. But I might be a fan int he future.

Next gen consoles will run games that look much better. I'm just hoping they util[ize that new hardware power to make games that aren't glorified interactive movies. If Sony exclusives cna manage that, I'll be a fan, in addition to continuing to play and enjoy PC games. If not, then I hope Microsoft can manage to leave the rot of corridor, "cinematic" experiences **** behind, and then I'll be a fan of theirs.

Kinthalis
Interesting, Microsofts main franchises are Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable, none of which is a "cinematic" game? Gears can be a bit corridory but is almost completely gameplay focused. Same with the others, they all put gameplay first.
-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -RocBoys9489-
[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

locopatho
Interesting, Microsofts main franchises are Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable, none of which is a "cinematic" game? Gears can be a bit corridory but is almost completely gameplay focused. Same with the others, they all put gameplay first.

I think that's why I have always liked those franchises when I had my 360, it was all about gameplay; if I want a story, I will watch a movie/TV show/ read a book. I think that's why I game on PC now and do almost all open world/ multiplayer games.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

[QUOTE="Kinthalis"]

locopatho

Those games aren't bad, but PC's have left those machines in the technology scrapyard for years now. It's hard to enjoy an FPS like Halo when technicla issues get in the way. Low FOV, low FPS + screen tearing makes me physically sick. not to mention the necessity fo playing it with a gamepad. 

Next gen games won't belimited by the limited technology. I might still have to forgo FPS games on console, purely because of gamepads, but everything else should be fair game.

fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fadersdream

Honestly, for me its about who sells to me best... I can't subscribe to a "my company at all costs" type of approach.  Next gen they will all have to sell to me again.  Last gen, I was happy to be a mostly XBOX gamer, I like my ps3 and wii, but the xbox was the best product last gen.... next gen? well I guess we'll find out when something tangible comes along.  

Whichever console gives me the most useful features and games is what I'll go with.

TheEroica
Good attitude to have. I'm almost thankful for how expensive PS3 was when it launched. It made me wait until a few games had come out for each system to decide. If it had been affordable I would have made a mistake. There's so much buyers remorse on the PS3 and the Wii that the supporters have Stockholm Syndrome trying to justify the purchase. There is an anger at games that are legitimately great that didn't exist in the older gens as much.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I'am a fan of games a good game is a good game doesn't what console it's on, nearly all my favorite games are third party if those game weren't on the playstation I'd drop Sony faster than you can say Vita.

I didn't grow up gaming with the Playstation and started gaming well before Sony entered the market which may have something to with me not really giving a damn about them.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Not really a fan of any console maker. I've enjoyed both my Xbox, and my PS3 this generation. My Xbox gets more use though.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
I used to be a PlayStation fan until they announced a $600 price tag and told me to work more to afford it. Not sure how anybody in their right mind can support such a company. Especially considering its been playing catch up the 360 for seven years.
ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

I'm a Godstation fan. My only problem with it is there are too many quality games and I can't buy them all nor do I have the time to play them.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I think they suffer from a bad case of bad taste.
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DropsofJupiter
Member since 2013 • 1449 Posts
I do love this thread, though. Essentially, cows seem to think you HAVE to be a Playstation fan, and if you are not, you need to justify yourself. That's rich.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Too few interesting exclusives for a student that commutes weekly to justify the price.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

Mismanaged company.

Tired of the Dual Shock.

---

fadersdream
I agree with some of your reasons. I have to play a wait and see approach with the PS4 mainly because I have no confidence in Sony's future. They are getting torn to shreds in the real world.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shawn30

TheEroica
I couldn't agree more. I owe no loyalty to MS or any company. Its just so far they have the games I like most. That's all, And if the day that changes I'll buy something else. Thank you Shawn30 :)