If Sunset Overdrive isn't a hit, could Insomniac go under?

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Sunset over drive is everything wrong with this generation

it looks too cartoony

its not dark its not deep

look at where movies are at the dark knight, walking dead

its all about dark apoclyptic environments, im so sick of this colorful 90's pos skateboarding game i can't take another one microsoft i just cfan't do it

go dark go deep go cryptic look at bloodborne look at bloodborne look at bloodborne

k microsoft did u do that sunset over drive not doing it for me not my cup of tea

u can turn around this dont make games like sun overdrive ever again

we need dark we need apoclyptic we don't need to return to the 90's games we don't that to come back dark like bloodborne plz

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

MS likely paid them a good sum of money so I don't think so.

Regardless of it not selling though, the game was surprisingly fun. I'd hope they could stick in it for at least one more sequel.

If it's true what others said that they own the IP, they likely just have to wait for time to expire to port it to another console I'm guessing. Well, not good for MS, but others should have a chance to finally play it and realize what a blast it was to play.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX: no to all of that

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ProtossX
@lamprey263 said:

MS likely paid them a good sum of money so I don't think so.

Regardless of it not selling though, the game was surprisingly fun. I'd hope they could stick in it for at least one more sequel.

If it's true what others said that they own the IP, they likely just have to wait for time to expire to port it to another console I'm guessing. Well, not good for MS, but others should have a chance to finally play it and realize what a blast it was to play.

if it goes to pc or ps4 then its not exclusive and that would mean microsoft has no good exclusive xb1 games if it were to ever show up anywhere else

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#105 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Sunset over drive is everything wrong with this generation

it looks too cartoony

its not dark its not deep

look at where movies are at the dark knight, walking dead

its all about dark apoclyptic environments, im so sick of this colorful 90's pos skateboarding game i can't take another one microsoft i just cfan't do it

go dark go deep go cryptic look at bloodborne look at bloodborne look at bloodborne

k microsoft did u do that sunset over drive not doing it for me not my cup of tea

u can turn around this dont make games like sun overdrive ever again

we need dark we need apoclyptic we don't need to return to the 90's games we don't that to come back dark like bloodborne plz

I really cannot tell if you are being serious.

If so, no, hell no. We need diverse games, just like any other medium. Where there is the Dark Knight, there is also Toy Story, a vibrant and cartoony children film. Where there is Walking Dead, there are also plenty of cartoon, anime and non serious type series on the television.

Different things are good. Don't like cartoony and fun? Don't play em, but plenty of people like myself play Bloodborne and Sunset Overdrive, and enjoy them both equally.

Also lol that old school 90's video game feel is a favorite of many people, the vibrant colors of Sunset give me great nostalgia .

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Insomniac makes great games. They aren't going anywhere.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ProtossX

@daious said:

Insomniac makes great games. They aren't going anywhere.

I wouldn't call sunset over drive a great game or a killer app like bloodborne seems to be

i'd call it a meh pos 7/10 basic next gen game nothing more

its like a dead rising 3 or a infamous its just 7/10 predictable generic 7/10 next gen open world game

thx insomniac thx ur no bloodborne ur no next gen monster ur just toting the line basically and were sick of it

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#109 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@davem1992 said:

Know this topic is dead now but lawl, game flopped hard. :D

My advice for next time, don't bump a 7 month old topic for this kind of post.