If someone was to buy an xbox360 today what 10 games would you suggest they play?

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll If someone was to buy an xbox360 today what 10 games would you suggest they play? (27 votes)

Look at all of these top tier AAAE+ rated exclusives the xbox360 truely delivered the best experience 33%
Multiplats...multiplats everywhere 19%
I really can't think of 10 great games on 360 but at least there was Halo/Gears/forza 11%
After thinking about it, XBOX360 really ain't got no great games. TLHBO!!! 37%

Reason why I ask is because all generation long people have debated about the best games between the PS3 and xbox360. But now that the new generation is upon us I want to know what games xbox fans feel made it so great to them.

Seeing has how the same people are now talking about line ups of the new systems it will be cool to see what the top games for them were so we will have an idea of how to gauge their hype for and praise for games with the new generation of consoles.

TLHBO.

• 
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Yeah. I do want to pick up Lost Odyssey. Maybe Blue Dragon. Been playing RPGs lately. But nothing else on his list interests me. Or for him to say if I don't list those games then I don't have a 360 is ridiculous....stupid...foolish. Pick your adjective. It fits.

I've been on an RPG kick for a couple years now, lol.

Lost Odyssey does look pretty good (I like the art design), though I'd get Tales of Vesperia first. Blue Dragon looks pretty meh TBH.

That's why I said maybe about Blue Dragon. Hmm.....don't remember reading much about Tales. I'll have to check it out.

Also if it makes that whiny lem shut up....I bought Skyrim on the 360. And of the two consoles that is the one to buy it on.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

carshamy, if you bothered to actually use that little brain of yours, you'd know that he was listing Too Human as a response to someone else's opinion . Thus, Too Human doesn't really help one's case if they are trying to convince someone else of the worthiness of Xbox exclusives.

Also, it's kind of daft to assume that just because I don't personally own a 360 that I have no experience with any of its games.

Yeah. I do want to pick up Lost Odyssey. Maybe Blue Dragon. Been playing RPGs lately. But nothing else on his list interests me. Or for him to say if I don't list those games then I don't have a 360 is ridiculous....stupid...foolish. Pick your adjective. It fits.

You just proved my point. You basically said all it has is "Halo and multiplats" and then say that you own the system but you've never even played Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (some of the most obvious ones to play other than halo/gears/forza) so the odds of you playing a lot of the others are very slim if you haven't played those two. You probably just go by what cows tell you about the 360

Are you as stupid as you sound? If I didn't play RPGs then they would NOT...that's NOT be obvious to play. And considering I have other things to spend my money on.....it's beyond stupid that you think I run out and buy every game right away. I still buy games for consoles from past generations. And I'm playing my way through FF series now so I don't need to have those games this instance.

I don't need anyone to tell me about the 360. I have it. Dunce.

Oh, you've only just started playing RPGs. If you had been playing them fairly consistently for a couple of gens then Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon would be obvious ones to play. I just assumed that as you made your gamespot account in 2003 and appear to be interested in RPGs that you had at least played FF games. Silly me

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

1. Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
2. Gears Trilogy
3. Halo Reach
4. The Witcher 2
5. Kameo
6. Alan Wake
7. Bayonetta
8. Viva Pinata
9. Toy Soldiers: Cold War
10. State of Decay
11. Shadow Complex
12. Dust
13. Hydro Thunder: Hurricane
14. Iron Brigade
15. Splosion Man

I decided to do 15 because I wanted to include Arcade. I could've kept going, but chose to cut it off there.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#104 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Fable II

Fable III

Gears of War

Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3

PGR 3

PGR 4

Halo Reach

Halo 3

Halo 4

Crackdown

Kameo

Perfect Dark Zero

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

I am sorry but no.

He is listing "his" games that he thinks are the reason to own the system. Your opinion on the matter is worthless as you have stated you never owned the system.

I asked the opinion of xbox360 fans and owners, if that is his opinion then that is what he suggests.

I am not tearing any opinions down in this thread, If you ever get a 360 go play the games and form a real opinion then come back and talk on the subject. Too Human might be a horrible game like reviews say, but you aren't a xbox owner or fan right? How would you know if it's a game not worthy of xbox 360 or not.

You are bad at this.

carshamy, if you bothered to actually use that little brain of yours, you'd know that he was listing Too Human as a response to someone else's opinion . Thus, Too Human doesn't really help one's case if they are trying to convince someone else of the worthiness of Xbox exclusives.

Also, it's kind of daft to assume that just because I don't personally own a 360 that I have no experience with any of its games.

He get's upset about my opinion of what 360's library of games is, but then when a fans of the console lists his games they think are great GreySeal9 says "no" lol, this all from someone who says he never owned the system.

what a confused and contradicting fool he is. It is amusing to see his mental gymnastics running around a topic he clearly dose not understand.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#106  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I've been on an RPG kick for a couple years now, lol.

Lost Odyssey does look pretty good (I like the art design), though I'd get Tales of Vesperia first. Blue Dragon looks pretty meh TBH.

That's why I said maybe about Blue Dragon. Hmm.....don't remember reading much about Tales. I'll have to check it out.

Also if it makes that whiny lem shut up....I bought Skyrim on the 360. And of the two consoles that is the one to buy it on.

If you like real-time combat, you'll probably like Tales. It's kind of like Star Ocean but way better.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 LJS9502_basic  Online

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Are you as stupid as you sound? If I didn't play RPGs then they would NOT...that's NOT be obvious to play. And considering I have other things to spend my money on.....it's beyond stupid that you think I run out and buy every game right away. I still buy games for consoles from past generations. And I'm playing my way through FF series now so I don't need to have those games this instance.

Oh, you've only just started playing RPGs. If you had been playing them fairly consistently for a couple of gens then Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon would be obvious ones to play. I just assumed that as you made your gamespot account in 2003 that you had at least played FF games. Silly me

Right. Because making a GS account means you play RPGs. Stay in school....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Oh, you've only just started playing RPGs. If you had been playing them fairly consistently for a couple of gens then Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon would be obvious ones to play. I just assumed that as you made your gamespot account in 2003 that you had at least played FF games. Silly me

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GreySeal9

@casharmy said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

I am sorry but no.

He is listing "his" games that he thinks are the reason to own the system. Your opinion on the matter is worthless as you have stated you never owned the system.

I asked the opinion of xbox360 fans and owners, if that is his opinion then that is what he suggests.

I am not tearing any opinions down in this thread, If you ever get a 360 go play the games and form a real opinion then come back and talk on the subject. Too Human might be a horrible game like reviews say, but you aren't a xbox owner or fan right? How would you know if it's a game not worthy of xbox 360 or not.

You are bad at this.

He get's upset about my opinion of what 360's library of games is, but then when a fans of the console lists his games they think are great GreySeal9 says "no" lol, this all from someone who says he never owned the system.

what a confused and contradicting fool he is. It is amusing to see his mental gymnastics running around a topic he clearly dose not understand.

It's more amusing to see how LJ's response to me got under your skin. I can imagine you in your dark basement, weeping as you furiously pound the keys.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By casharmy

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

It's kind of funny how the angriest posters always say "I'm having fun..." It's like some kind of law of nature.

I am sorry for you tears, it's black Friday, if you ask really nice maybe someone will give you a 360 and you can actually try out some of it's games. I will even let you borrow some of my old games, :) I am just that kind of guy.

I'm going to have to turn that offer down. I have enough of a backlog as it is. Unlike you, some of us have jobs/school/social life and can't play videogames all day.

lol, implying I don't have any of them...

You are on this forum right now JUST like me (and everyone else for that matter) lol @ you acting as if you are above any other posters here right now.

Unlike you I don't need to compensate for shortcomings argument skills by acting like I don't need to be in the place I am posting arguments in.

"Unlike you, some of us have jobs/school/social life and can't play videogames all day."

lol tru facts from GreySeal9...posted on system wars!!! Everyone should bow their heads to GreySeal9 for gracing SW with his better than gaming magnificence11

carshamy, my boy, you misunderstand me. I am not saying that anybody who posts on System Wars doesn't have a job/school/social life, just you.

Calm down tho. I was just fucking with you.

Your posts are all stupid, as I am just fucking with you as well.

If anyone needs to calm down it's you. My thread was cool until you got all bent out of shape because of my opinion which this thread isn't even about.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 casharmy

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

You just proved my point. You basically said all it has is "Halo and multiplats" and then say that you own the system but you've never even played Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (some of the most obvious ones to play other than halo/gears/forza) so the odds of you playing a lot of the others are very slim if you haven't played those two. You probably just go by what cows tell you about the 360

Oh, you've only just started playing RPGs. If you had been playing them fairly consistently for a couple of gens then Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon would be obvious ones to play. I just assumed that as you made your gamespot account in 2003 and appear to be interested in RPGs that you had at least played FF games. Silly me

I am a big JRPG fan and thus I bought all xbox360 jrpgs on the system. out of them I enjoyed BD the most.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By GreySeal9

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

It's kind of funny how the angriest posters always say "I'm having fun..." It's like some kind of law of nature.

I am sorry for you tears, it's black Friday, if you ask really nice maybe someone will give you a 360 and you can actually try out some of it's games. I will even let you borrow some of my old games, :) I am just that kind of guy.

I'm going to have to turn that offer down. I have enough of a backlog as it is. Unlike you, some of us have jobs/school/social life and can't play videogames all day.

lol, implying I don't have any of them...

You are on this forum right now JUST like me (and everyone else for that matter) lol @ you acting as if you are above any other posters here right now.

Unlike you I don't need to compensate for shortcomings argument skills by acting like I don't need to be in the place I am posting arguments in.

"Unlike you, some of us have jobs/school/social life and can't play videogames all day."

lol tru facts from GreySeal9...posted on system wars!!! Everyone should bow their heads to GreySeal9 for gracing SW with his better than gaming magnificence11

carshamy, my boy, you misunderstand me. I am not saying that anybody who posts on System Wars doesn't have a job/school/social life, just you.

Calm down tho. I was just fucking with you.

Your posts are all stupid, as I am just fucking with you as well.

If anyone needs to calm down it's you. My thread was cool until you got all bent out of shape because of my opinion which this thread isn't even about.

It's funny how you are at pains to show that you're not mad.

It's not a sin to get angry. To get angry shows that you are all too human (that was probably the worst pun ever).

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Making a gamespot account 10 - 11 years ago means that you were interested enough in video games to sign up to a forum predominantly focused on video games. I guess you are very closed minded when it comes to video game genres if you have only just started playing RPGs and most likely music ones too

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 casharmy

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

I am sorry but no.

You are bad at this.

It's more amusing to see how LJ's response to me got under your skin. I can imagine you in your dark basement, weeping as you furiously pound the keys.

LMFAO, that actually made me laugh.

I will leave you alone for the day, you have ticked my bone to the core with your troll. Hat off to you greyseal9.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Making a gamespot account 10 - 11 years ago means that you were interested enough in video games to sign up to a forum predominantly focused on video games. I guess you are very closed minded when it comes to video game genres if you have only just started playing RPGs and most likely music ones too

Right because as we all know there is ONLY one genre of video games to play. Wow.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 casharmy

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Right because as we all know there is ONLY one genre of video games to play. Wow.

since some people were very angry about my thread and feel as tho my personal opinion made this somehow a terrible topic I made the exact same topic for PS3.

the people who feel this thread was somehow bias can come flame me in the other thread was well :)

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wrong. There are a multitude of genres in video games but I thought you'd think that there weren't as it took you well over 10 years to start playing RPGs and you chose Skyrim as your first.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Excluding Kinect and XBLA:

Ten of these:

Amped 3
Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Blue Dragon
Chromehounds
Crackdown I&II
Dead Rising
DeathSmiles II
Fable II
Forza 2&3&4&Horizon
Halo Wars
Kameo: Elements of power
Lost Odyssey
PGR 3&4
Project Sylpheed
Saints Row
Tales of Vesperia
Too Human
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey

Tales Of Vesperia

Banjo Nuts & Bolts

Kameo

Avatar image for deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By deactivated-5c03000d4b1b4
Member since 2010 • 1750 Posts

Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey

Tales Of Vesperia

Banjo Nuts & Bolts

Kameo

Blue Dragon, Kameo and Lost odyssey were the main reason I got a 360.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 LJS9502_basic  Online

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wrong. There are a multitude of genres in video games but I thought you'd think that there weren't as it took you well over 10 years to start playing RPGs and you chose Skyrim as your first.

Your head

My post

Skyrim was not my first. Stop assuming. It makes you an ass....

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 XxR3m1xInHDn3D

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Your head

My post

Stop implying it in your posts then

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#123 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

Halo 3

Halo 3 odst

Halo reach

Halo anniversary

Halo 4

The witcher 2.

that's all i can think of

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#124  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Forza 4

Forza Horizon

Alan Wake

Gears of War 3

Halo 3

Project Gotham Racing 4

Toy Soldiers Cold War

Trials Evolution

Super Meat Boy

The Witcher 2

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By LJS9502_basic  Online

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Your head

My post

Stop implying it in your posts then

I didn't. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems....

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#126 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Halo 3

Shadow Complex

Alan Wake

Crackdown

Gears of War 3

GTA 5

XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within

Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood

Batman AA/AC

Bioshock 1

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#127 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Congratulations Microsoft, your excellent console also managed to roast SaltyArmy's ass to hell and back

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#128 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Congratulations Microsoft, your excellent console also managed to roast SaltyArmy's ass to hell and back

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

I know people that haven't bought any last-gen consoles that are only now considering that they get one. Probably wouldn't really matter what games there are.