If someone was to buy an xbox360 today what 10 games would you suggest they play?

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) 7 months, 25 days ago

Poll: If someone was to buy an xbox360 today what 10 games would you suggest they play? (27 votes)

Look at all of these top tier AAAE+ rated exclusives the xbox360 truely delivered the best experience 33%
Multiplats...multiplats everywhere 19%
I really can't think of 10 great games on 360 but at least there was Halo/Gears/forza 11%
After thinking about it, XBOX360 really ain't got no great games. TLHBO!!! 37%

Reason why I ask is because all generation long people have debated about the best games between the PS3 and xbox360. But now that the new generation is upon us I want to know what games xbox fans feel made it so great to them.

Seeing has how the same people are now talking about line ups of the new systems it will be cool to see what the top games for them were so we will have an idea of how to gauge their hype for and praise for games with the new generation of consoles.

TLHBO.

#1 Posted by Blabadon (25191 posts) -

If you only had consoles, then the fact of the matter is the 360 had a far larger amount of quality games.

As for recommendations, it would be case-by-case.

#2 Posted by kitty (114297 posts) -

I don't really bother with the halo, gears or forza stuff, check my gamertag. I'll happily show you, that I have nearly 50k with very little help from those titles.
It all comes to down to what the person would be interested in.

#3 Posted by Ghost120x (3637 posts) -

Halo 3

Halo anniversary

Forza 4

Gears of war

Alan wake

Lost odyssey

Tales of Vesperia

Deadly premonition

Witcher 2

Dead rising

#4 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

lol, what's wrong with lems in here?

All the praise that xbox fans have given xbox360 last gen, are you telling me you guys can't name a mere 10 games that had you guys singing from the roof with xbox360 praise? I mean I AM talking about the entire generation here, 360 was out in 05 and PS3 and wii came out in 06, yet I am sure both PS3 and wii fans would have made a quite a few lists to fulfill that quota by now.

com'on lems, I am not excluding any games here. I just want to see what the top 10 games of who thought xbox360 was the best console were. I also think it helps sheds some light on the hype and praise you guys have for the current generation xbox 1.

#5 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2680 posts) -

Halo 3

Gears of War 1

Forza 2

Halo Wars

Gears of War 2

Forza 3

Halo Reach

Gears of War 3

Forza 4

Halo 4

#6 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

depends what kind of games they like obviously

#7 Posted by Blabadon (25191 posts) -

What's wrong with the lems

vs.

What's wrong with the angsty teenager so desperate to push an agenda about his favorite piece of plastic

Happy Thanksgiving to the sane ones here

#8 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

It would be all multiplats except for Halo 3. That was the last good one.

#9 Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) -

Halo 3

Gears of War 1

Forza 2

Halo Wars

Gears of War 2

Forza 3

Halo Reach

Gears of War 3

Forza 4

Halo 4

nice list

#10 Edited by Ghost120x (3637 posts) -

Halo 3

Halo anniversary

Forza 4

Gears of war

Alan wake

Lost odyssey

Tales of Vesperia

Deadly premonition

Witcher 2

Dead rising

Damn, how could I forget Dead or Alive 4? I played that game daily for a year and a half.

#11 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Alan Wake

Left 4 dead 1 and 2

The witcher 2 (if you've not played it before)

GoW 1-3 (but switch off your brain beforehand and you'll enjoy them)

Dead Rising 1

Saints Row 1

Fable 2

Not a bad bunch of games to play at all. That's even without Forza and Halo. Did I mention Alan Wake? It's fantastic.

For Arcade games: Braid, Super Meat Boy and the best reason for owning an Xbox 360... The greatest game ever created by man; Sensible World Of Soccer (And i'm not even kidding).

#12 Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) -

I don't really bother with the halo, gears or forza stuff, check my gamertag. I'll happily show you, that I have nearly 50k with very little help from those titles.

It all comes to down to what the person would be interested in.

lol, what's all this? I just asked for 10 games, where's you list?

#13 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6179 posts) -

Gears of War

Halo 3

Alan Wake

Fallout 3

Bioshock

Dead Space

Dead Rising

Borderlands 2

asassins creed 2

Batman arkham Asylum.

#14 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

My Personal choice

Halo 4

Gears of War 3

Forza 4

Halo Reach

Mass Effect - any

Fable 2

Skyrim

Ace Combat 6

Bioshock

Batman - any

#15 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

What's wrong with the lems

vs.

What's wrong with the angsty teenager so desperate to push an agenda about his favorite piece of plastic

Happy Thanksgiving to the sane ones here

Why so angry?

I think my question and criteria is more than fair. There is no agenda I didn't limit anything in my thread. Perhaps you are taking out your anger on me because you feel your favorite piece of plastic is being picked on.

How about this, I make the same exact threads for PS3 and wii...would that keep you from making excuses and being butthurt? I am not a huge xbox fan yet xbox fans praised the 360 over other platforms. I am just asking over the course of the generation, what 10 games stood out.

Don't be upset because I am having a little fun with the thread, this is SW.

but Happy Thanksgiving to you to. :)

#16 Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) -

My Personal choice

Halo 4

Gears of War 3

Forza 4

Halo Reach

Mass Effect - any

Fable 2

Skyrim

Ace Combat 6

Bioshock

Batman - any

I did like Fable 2

#17 Edited by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

...Can't think of any good exclusives OP.

#18 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13704 posts) -

Can't think of any good exclusives either.

And the ones I will recommend will be so dated like Halo 3.

Most would be multiplats, and I'd definitely recommend go getting GTA 5.

#19 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

With the new generation upon us I was doing a little reflecting and I was literally trying to think, "If I was to buy a xbox360 right now, what games would I buy." After thinking about it I realized that there wasn't anything that stood out in 360's library to me. I mean, I am not trying to say there were no good games, but if I were to buy a 360 today I can't think of any amazing games that I would get the system for.

That is what really inspired this thread for me, I wanted to see what other people would come up with being asked the same question I asked myself. After an entire generation and all the hype the xbox360 has gotten from it's fans I thought it would be interesting to see the responses.

#20 Edited by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

With the new generation upon us I was doing a little reflecting and I was literally trying to think, "If I was to buy a xbox360 right now, what games would I buy." After thinking about it I realized that there wasn't anything that stood out in 360's library to me. I mean, I am not trying to say there were no good games, but if I were to buy a 360 today I can't think of any amazing games that I would get the system for.

thats because you are a blind biased fanboy. people have provided their lists to your thread, yet you've basically just dismissed them all with that comment. Proving mine and @2ndwonder point, that its personal preference. doughnut.

#21 Edited by sukraj (21604 posts) -

Halo 3

Fable 2

Far Cry 3

GTA 5

Metro Last Light

Tomb Raider

Kameo

#22 Edited by GreySeal9 (23927 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

That is what really inspired this thread for me, I wanted to see what other people would come up with being asked the same question I asked myself. After an entire generation and all the hype the xbox360 has gotten from it's fans I thought it would be interesting to see the responses.

You're a fanboy though, so your opinion is suspect.

#23 Posted by Lucianu (9287 posts) -

Personally, the strength and worth of a system lies in its exclusives, so i wouldn't recommend any multiplat. If you're pondering whether to get a 360 or not, you're going to need to know what games are worth buying the system for. Be it now, or 10, 20 years from now (thus online dependant games are automatically dismissed)

Also, i wouldn't bother checking metacritic lists. They're shit in the long run because standards change over time, and they're merely an amalgam of numbers pulled out of the ass. A list is based on your experience, games that you loved. If you don't have first hand experience with the system, why the fuck would you recommend the games - that you never played - to other people? Makes no sense.

Finally, my top 10 Xbox 360 games that you need to play if you have the system:

• Lost Odyssey
  • Project Gotham Racing 4
  • Halo 3
  • Halo: Reach
  • Gears of War 2
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
  • Crackdown
  • Dodonpachi Resurrection: Deluxe Edition
  • Tales of Vesperia (NA exclusive)

#24 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

thats because you are a blind biased fanboy. people have provided their lists to your thread, yet you just dismiss them all. Proving mine and @2ndwonder point, that its personal preference. doughnut.

sorry, that is incorrect.

Point to me to a single list that I dismessed, I'll wait?

Oh wait...you can't because that never hapend pasta brains.

I am not a biased moron like most of you SW kids. I am an actual gamer and being completely honest with myself here (but MY feelings isn't what this thead is about so what is your problem?). I was simply talking to that poster as that was my thought when I asked myself, but you latch on to this as if it was the question or argument in my original post. Stop being so desperate.

I am not trying to change anyone's opinion nor am I asking anyone to change what my feelings. I simply asked a question to see what other people would come up with.

Like it or not my thread asks a fair question and at this point if xbox fans can't list 10 games that made xbox360 supposedly so great after an entire generation then they should be questioning what they were hyping. I already said I am not that much of an xbox fan but I even said I liked Fable 2 (a game you listed) I was just thinking it terms of a game/s I would buy the system for--if you look that isn't even the question I asked people to give an answer for.

#25 Posted by Lucianu (9287 posts) -

And the ones I will recommend will be so dated like Halo 3.

In what way is that game dated?

#26 Edited by kozzy1234 (35125 posts) -

- Forza 4

- Lost Odyssey

- Halo ODST

- Halo 4

- Condemned

- Too Human

- Gears Of War series

- Kameo

- GRAW 2

- Perfect Dark Zero

Quick big ups to a underrated xbox arcade game called BAND OF BUGS (reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics/Vandal Hearts). Also of course ME1-3 if you have not tried those yet. And also you might enjoy Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon depending on if you like jrpgs or not).

#27 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Blue Dragon

Lost Odyssey

Crackdown

Viva Pinata: TiP

Banjo Nuts & Bolts

Akai Katana

Tales of Vesperia (not exclusive but the only English version is on 360)

The Darkness 1

Condemned 2

Kameo

Bullet Witch

Ninja Gaiden 2

MagnaCarta 2

Beatufiul Katamari

Ninety Nine Nights

Shadow Complex

Geometry Wars 2

Banjo and Perfect Dark remakes

#28 Edited by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

thats because you are a blind biased fanboy. people have provided their lists to your thread, yet you just dismiss them all. Proving mine and @2ndwonder point, that its personal preference. doughnut.

I am not a biased moron like most of you SW kids. I am an actual gamer and being completely honest with myself here (but MY feelings isn't what this thead is about so what is your problem?). I was simply talking to that poster as this is exactly what I thought but you latch on to this as if it was the question or argument in my original post. Stop being so desperate.

I am not trying to change anyone's opinion nor am I asking anyone to change what my feelings. I simply asked a question to see what other people would come up with.

Like it or not my thread asks a fair question and at this point if xbox fans can't list 10 games that made xbox360 supposedly so great after an entire generation then they should be questioning what they were hyping. I already said I am not that much of an xbox fan but I even said I liked Fable 2 (a game you listed) I was just thinking it terms of a game/s I would buy the system for--if you look that isn't even the question I asked people to give an answer for.

Learn to read (and spell while you are at it). you dismissed all the lists cause you said that you cant think of any amazing games.

#29 Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

My opinion isn't suspect kid, perhaps you just have lower standards than me.

Where is your list?

#30 Edited by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@casharmy always lets his fanboy rage out on Fridays. FACT

#31 Posted by Lucianu (9287 posts) -

@casharmy said:

Where is your list?

He's not a kid tho, he has a kid himself iirc.

#33 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -
#34 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

I am not a biased moron like most of you SW kids. I am an actual gamer and being completely honest with myself here (but MY feelings isn't what this thead is about so what is your problem?). I was simply talking to that poster as this is exactly what I thought but you latch on to this as if it was the question or argument in my original post. Stop being so desperate.

Learn to read (and spell while you are at it). you dismissed all the lists cause you said that you cant think of any amazing games.

You are an idiot.

Yes, I said I can not think of any amazing games, as in that is my opinion of xbox360's line up of games. Now how the hell is that me dismissing anyone's list of games here? Fuck you are stupid.

coming from you that is a major compliment dude.. so thanks!

you are dismissing the lists by saying

" at this point if xbox fans can't list 10 games that made xbox360 supposedly so great after an entire generation then they should be questioning what they were hyping".

well the lists are there. the games are there too.

#35 Posted by GreySeal9 (23927 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Where is your list?

I've never even owned a 360. I'm just calling it like I see it. You are a fanboy, so your opinion doesn't matter.

#36 Edited by GreySeal9 (23927 posts) -
@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You are an idiot.

Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical for you of all people to call other people idiots?

#37 Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Where is your list?

I've never even owned a 360. I'm just calling it like I see it. You are a fanboy, so your opinion doesn't matter.

lol, well I DO OWN A 360 so it is actually your worthless opinion that does not matter here. run along now and make posts on something you actually have experience with.

#38 Edited by GreySeal9 (23927 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Where is your list?

lol, well I DO OWN A 360 so it is actually your worthless opinion that does not matter here. run along now and make posts on something you actually have experience with.

I didn't give an opinion on the 360's games, you nitwit. What I said is that because you are a fanboy, your opinion on the opposing console's games shouldn't be taken seriously.

Learn to fucking read.

#39 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Xbox 360? i'm sorry but that doesn't belong here, that and the PS3 belongs in the legacy section

#40 Posted by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You are an idiot.

Yes, I said I can not think of any amazing games, as in that is my opinion of xbox360's line up of games. Now how the hell is that me dismissing anyone's list of games here? Fuck you are stupid.

" at this point if xbox fans can't list 10 games that made xbox360 supposedly so great after an entire generation then they should be questioning what they were hyping".

lol you can't be serious with that quote?

That doesn't even make sense. Look at the first 4 words of what you quoted "at this point if".....

now for the people who actually made lists, how does your argument apply to me dismissing them?

lol Don't hurt yourself with this one, those mental gymnastics you got going on could cause you to have brain trauma.

#42 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Where is your list?

I didn't give an opinion on the 360's games, you nitwit. What I said is that because you are a fanboy, your opinion on the opposing console's games shouldn't be taken seriously.

Learn to fucking read.

What you said was stupid because

1. you don't know me

2.I own the actual system I am talking about and

3. you aren't even able to make a comment on the topic because you have said you don't own the system.

My opinoin about the console isn't an opposing system you idiot, I actually own the system and have played the games, that is how you form an opinion...unlike morons like you.

Learn not to be a fucking retard.

actually he's is in a much better position to answer your question than you are you. what a fucking demick.

#43 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

ITT people judging the 360 library without actually owning the console

#44 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You are an idiot.

That doesn't even make sense. Look at the first 4 words of what you quoted "at this point if".....

now for the people who actually made lists, how does your argument apply to me dismissing them?

lol Don't hurt yourself with this one, those mental gymnastics you got going on could cause you to have brain trauma.

those are your own words you useless twonk, they came after many of the lists.... so it follows that you are dismssing them.

keep the anger coming, you are approaching critical mass

#45 Edited by GreySeal9 (23927 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Where is your list?

Learn to fucking read.

1. you don't know me

3. you aren't even able to make a comment on the topic because you have said you don't own the system.

My opinoin about the console isn't an opposing system you idiot, I actually own the system and have played the games, that is how you form an opinion...unlike morons like you.

Haha. Now who's mad?

Who gives a fuck if you own the 360? Your post history shows you to be a mindless Sony drone and as a Sony drone, you are incapable of approaching this subject honestly. It's pretty hilarious that you would attempt to convince everyone you're unbiased tho.

#46 Edited by SolidTy (41492 posts) -

1. Halo 1 HD Anniversary
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo ODST
  4. Halo Reach
  5. Halo 4
  6. Halo Wars
  7. Halo 2 HD?
  8. GeoW 1
  9. GeoW 2
  10. GeoW 3
  11. GeoW J
  12. Forza 2
  13. Forza 3
  14. Forza 4
  15. Forza Horizon
  16. Fable 2
  17. Fable 3
  18. Fable: The Journey
  19. Fable: Pub Games
  20. Fable Heroes
  21. Fable Anniversary HD?
  22. Alan Wake
  23. Alan Wake's American Nightmare

----

No particular order.

That's a list with 13 extra just in case someone has an issue with one of the 10.

#47 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You are an idiot.

those are your own words you useless twonk, they came after many of the lists.... so it follows that you are dismssing them.

lol, no, YOU made the suggestion that me even asking the question made me a fanboy. THAT is what I was responding to, specifically YOUR butthurt post.

pull as single post here where I dismissed anyone's list? YOU CAN'T!!! Damn some you lemmings are truely wounded and pathetic. I ask for a list of 10 games throughout an entire generation of and you act like I am making an argument that every game on the sysetem sucks.

perhaps that is what you feel, but I simply want to see what people list to gauge for myself. Sts106mat, if you think I am such a fanboy why do you think I bought the 360 at all?

I applaud the fact that at least some xbox fans can list their games for the topic and not go into complete damage control in the process unlike sts106mat and some random moron who says he doesn't even own the system.

#48 Edited by GreySeal9 (23927 posts) -

Calm down, casharmy. You're getting so angry that you're misspelling words.

Being a fanboy doesn't make you a bad person. Just embrace who you are.

#49 Edited by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@sts106mat said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You are an idiot.

lol, no, YOU made the suggestion that me even asking the question made me a fanboy. THAT is what I was responding to, specifically YOUR butthurt post.

pull as single post here where I dismissed anyone's list? Damn some you lemmings are truely wounded and pathetic. I ask for a list of 10 games throughout an entire generation of and you act like I am making an argument that every game on the sysetem sucks.

perhaps that is what you feel, but I simply want to see what people list to gauge for myself. Sts106mat, if you think I am such a fanboy why do you think I bought the 360 at all?

I applaud the fact that at least some xbox fans can list their games for the topic and not go into complete damage control in the process unlike sts106mat and some random moron who says he doesn't even own the system.

no i didn't say that.... learn to read. I said it because you said couldn't think of any games BECAUSE you were a fanboy, and everyone knows that is the case.

you dont have to have dismissed the lists verbally, simply ignoring them counts as a dismissal doughnut.

I dont know or care if you have a 360 or not, it's very easy to lie about things on a forum.

Also I fail to see what there is to damage control....there are loads of amazing, very highly rated, high selling, successfull franchises and critically well received games listed in this thread.

Stop being such a bell end and go have a wank or something...you have way too much pent up aggression

#50 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@casharmy said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Where is your list?

Learn to fucking read.

1. you don't know me

Haha. Now who's mad?

Who gives a fuck if you own the 360? Your post history shows you to be a mindless Sony drone and as a Sony drone, you are incapable of approaching this subject honestly. It's pretty hilarious that you would attempt to convince everyone you're unbiased tho.

LOL, I didn't make an attempt to convince anyone of anything in this thread dufus. Your failure continues to shine though...entertain me with more of your failure arguments :)