If ms back pedaled on drm would you be suckered into following?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

I don't think there is a chance they will "backpedal" on the whole DRM thing.

"Hey guys, remember all the stupid stuff we told you about our console? Yeah, we were just joking! lol?"

It's going to make them look very bad. But at the same time, it will give the people what they want.. Whatever they decide to do, it will be interesting to see them play this game of chicken with their potential customers.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]Terrible advice? About 95% of people on Tumblr disagree with you. And Microsoft is still mass deleting comments on their Facebook page, and their employees are still upvoting positive comments and downvoting negative comments. I know FOR A FACT that Microsoft employees are making fun of and laughing at the people criticizing the XBox One.. I use my 360 for SINGLE player games. I have my gaming PC for mutliplayer games...superclocked

gawd!

really?

ms is making fun of people?

gawd y'all!

imma tell my mom!

and 95% of tumbler is upset? about being on the internet? omg! they should go on the internet and complain!

how can we get this information about internet tyranny out??? hey i know! lets post it on the internet!

and omg! did you know that on tumbler you are required to get on the internet? dat shyt is outrageous! ms has won!

they have forced tumber users to use the internet!

quick! to facebook to complain about internet requirements!

ermahgod! :lol:

i'm sorry bud but how can i possibly take this seriously?

I'll vote with my wallet, thank you. Microsoft knows that people don't like these policies, and if they refuse to change them, I'll be getting a PS4...

you should do that because the ps4 looks like it will be a blast.

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Throw in BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY (NOT going to happen) with the 360 and I might. :roll:

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#54 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

If they took away DRM and such I wouldnt see a problem anymore. It would be all about the games at that point and they already showed a pretty nice lineup.

Shirokishi_
That lineup is subjective, Ryse - looks like quick time event extreme without the David cage narrative, no thanks Quantum break - comes to pc, not that interested anyway Project sunrise - after fuse, lol no way Killer instinct - never played the first and it's a fighter that requires paying separately for everything - no thank you. Project spark - why. I have lbp already Crimson dragon - probably the only exclusive that looks like I would want on ps4 That's what they have... And less multiplat than on ps4, and inferior specs and higher price as well... That list doesn't look great to me. Not to mention, how can you trust a company that is so anti consumer and basically said f u? It's sad how many of u will let them pass. If this was Sony you all would be screaming bloody murder like you all did over the ps3 price(which no way near compares to ms debacle and last gen rrod) For someone who wants variety and freedom as well as a good intentions.. I will pick the pc/ps4 combo every time.
Don-Mattrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Don-Mattrick
Member since 2013 • 81 Posts
Our Policies are for Your protection alonf with developers. It is also more convenient than the competition. We have the most pre-ordered game out with Killer Instinct. No competitors pre-ordered games have gotten as many pre-orders. Our second highest game is the third most pre-ordered game. This is across many media outlets, and it shows that People prefer XboxOne.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#56 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
nothing has upset the internet more about next gen than having to be on the internet. :P

airshocker

My PC doesn't turn into a useless brick if I don't connect to the internet. My gaming PC is sitting right next to me, and I only connect it to the internet when I want to play games online. I do not have to connect it in order to play my SINGLE PLAYER games...

yeah the internet is terrible.

i have not even been on there in years.

i'm posting this by smoke signal.

seriously though, you have to see the irony of an  entire generation of people that have not been without the internet for longer than a 12 hour stretch in the last 15 years  being all nutty about an internet requirement right?

cuz to me, that is some pretty funny stuff.

I hope your Internet doesn't go down for days. Mine did for a week last year when hurricane sandy hit, but the electric stayed on...if I had the xbone my console would be a brick.
NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
i don't care about DRM. Its the $500 price tag that got me looking at PS4 first.
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Their intentions were clear. I'm done supporting them.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

TC isn't very smart LOL bu bu teh principle :cry:

Honestly I couldn't care less, I'm not going to deprive myself of games I want just to set some kind of point that no one will hear.

RR360DD

That's right, your a die hard xfan. 

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

TC isn't very smart LOL bu bu teh principle :cry:

Honestly I couldn't care less, I'm not going to deprive myself of games I want just to set some kind of point that no one will hear.

clr84651

That's right, your a die hard xfan. 

I'm really just a gamer though. Thats why Im going PS4 this year.

But MS's questionable policies will not stop me getting a X1 in the long run. I don't need to deprive myself of those exclusives just for some stupid point :P

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
[QUOTE="Don-Mattrick"]Our Policies are for Your protection alonf with developers. It is also more convenient than the competition. We have the most pre-ordered game out with Killer Instinct. No competitors pre-ordered games have gotten as many pre-orders. Our second highest game is the third most pre-ordered game. This is across many media outlets, and it shows that People prefer XboxOne.

As I've said, leaving your house and downloading a key using an insecure, malware infested computer IS NOT SAFER. And it is most DEFINITELY NOT more convenient than the PS4 and Wii U.. Also, you've yet to provide me with ONE single good reason for this policy...
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Technically I am really not paying for online, just ps+ which I already have subbed to well into late 2014. Nothing changes for me. If they took all the goodness of plus away then yeah I would have a problem. Midnightshade29

Justifying pay2play online just like the lems did all those years with some subjective value you've placed on the service above other, competing services.

Cows honestly go too far with the hypocrisy sometimes.

PS+ offers better value than XBL Gold. You're literally getting free games every month.

So you get free games for a fee? Very nice. I guess I got a free car for a trade in plus fee. Freaking awesome......BTW, value is subjective
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Justifying pay2play online just like the lems did all those years with some subjective value you've placed on the service above other, competing services.

Cows honestly go too far with the hypocrisy sometimes.

kingtito

PS+ offers better value than XBL Gold. You're literally getting free games every month.

So you get free games for a fee? Very nice. I guess I got a free car for a trade in plus fee. Freaking awesome......BTW, value is subjective

if you think that is something i give the bank an $2000 subscription fee every month and got a free house.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts
I wants to know how many people would revert their stance and get xbone day 1. How many here don't have principals or ideals. And how many here are smart and see no matter their stance they were still the company to try pushing this crapMidnightshade29
I wouldn't. Just listening to Don Mattrick the past few days, rewinding back to Adam Sessler's interview with Matt Booty and the really sneaky way Microsoft put all the information we wanted to know about X1 on their website instead of at E3 really gave me the finger. The gamer side of me would love to play those games, but I know the PS4's gonna have multiplats and exclusives (we may even get a new Jak game which would be sick!!!)... Don Mattrick makes me physically sick. Even if microsoft booted Don Mattrick...the damage is done.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#65 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I like to have my several hundred bucks worth of game library on a system that is serviced by somewhat reliable people. (So no.)

Don-Mattrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Don-Mattrick
Member since 2013 • 81 Posts
[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="Don-Mattrick"]Our Policies are for Your protection alonf with developers. It is also more convenient than the competition. We have the most pre-ordered game out with Killer Instinct. No competitors pre-ordered games have gotten as many pre-orders. Our second highest game is the third most pre-ordered game. This is across many media outlets, and it shows that People prefer XboxOne.

As I've said, leaving your house and downloading a key using an insecure, malware infested computer IS NOT SAFER. And it is most DEFINITELY NOT more convenient than the PS4 and Wii U.. Also, you've yet to provide me with ONE single good reason for this policy...

As stated before, you and I both no of the unlimited other ways to use the internet or get connected to a computer other than a library. Right now you are talking semantics. I don't see why you would rather pay extra for content you already paid for.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

Nah, Halo 5 would be tempting, but 343 has CoDified the franchise. I would also need MS to drop the 24 mandatory check, DRM, mandatory Kinect, and drop the price for me to consider buying one.

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
Sure it would put people at ease but doubt they would piss off their investors. Also the arrogance that MS has shown has been so bad that they don't see to be aware of the problem at all.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 superclocked
[QUOTE="Don-Mattrick"][QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="Don-Mattrick"]Our Policies are for Your protection alonf with developers. It is also more convenient than the competition. We have the most pre-ordered game out with Killer Instinct. No competitors pre-ordered games have gotten as many pre-orders. Our second highest game is the third most pre-ordered game. This is across many media outlets, and it shows that People prefer XboxOne.

As stated before, you and I both no of the unlimited other ways to use the internet or get connected to a computer other than a library. Right now you are talking semantics. I don't see why you would rather pay extra for content you already paid for.

Again, you're completely avoiding my question...
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Dumb thread, So anyone that does not agree with a Sony fanboy like you about Microsoft has no principles.
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
No more suckered than cows who gleefully pay for ps+ for the PS4 after berating lems here for years about paying for XBLGold and swearing they'd never support it in PS4 after then saying Sony would never do this anyways.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44611 Posts
with a weaker system no, they'd have to backpedal, drop the price by $150, at least, and coming up with a comparably paid digital rental and discount service like PS+ would work in their favor they'll get there, maybe, if they see themselves in a position where they're losing their market to Sony they'll start changing things one thing at a time
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts

listening to customers is bad?

CaseyWegner

It's obvious at this point they didn't listen/care and if they change policies is because they are shitting their pants.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

LIke others have said... if MS changed all the things I hate about the XBONE... why shouldnt I give them money for a good product?

Isn't it enough I'm forgoing the chance to play some franchises I like, in order to prove a point. If the BS DRM policy was removed, I'd have no reason not to get one eventually.

Sadly I think MS is pompous enough to push forward with this crap console as it is.

Soo.... CYA MS, I'll be over in the Sony camp... you know where I am, when you're ready to apologize.

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 metal_zombie
[QUOTE="lamprey263"]with a weaker system no, they'd have to backpedal, drop the price by $150, at least, and coming up with a comparably paid digital rental and discount service like PS+ would work in their favor they'll get there, maybe, if they see themselves in a position where they're losing their market to Sony they'll start changing things one thing at a time

This pay to play model was brought to us by MS...Sony saw all the cash they were raking in and introduced a similar service for better or worst. Hopefully the Xbox one policies don't catch on too.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

$ony stabbed millions of gamers in the back by taking away free online. i will not support such a shady and greedy company; that's why i'm going with the Microsoft Xbox One this gen instead of the next pay$tation. 

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 metal_zombie

$ony stabbed millions of gamers in the back by taking away free online. i will not support such a shady and greedy company; that's why i'm going with the Microsoft Xbox One this gen instead of the next pay$tation. 

KarateeeChop

lol

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I don't care about any of that. It just sucks they added in a Kinect instead of pushing hardware that's a 100 dollars better.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#80 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Still $100 more than their competition and they aren't putting up enough games that I care about to make me want to pay $100 more.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#81 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

The price tag(being too much) and the games(being nothing that really makes me want to get it anytime soon) is a larger hurdle for me buying it than any of that. Don't really care about the other stuff, because it doesn't really effect me.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
Even if you take away the DRM, the PS4 is still a better value. There is also no way in hell I would own both and pay for both XBL and PS+. That is $110/year and assuming this gen goes 6-7 years, I'd be paying $660 throughout the whole gen.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]we would have been calling this e3 2006 part 2.senses_fail_06
ow you're  huge.

see what happens when we decide to edit other peoples  posts?

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#84 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
xbox showed better games, so yeah.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

I would be glad they changed their policy, but I would still refuse to buy their console on principle. They tried/are trying their very best to fvck me over. Why do they deserve my money?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

$399 no DRM and always online crap and i would buy one for sure.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 superclocked

KarateeeChop
The only reason that Sony did this was because Microsoft got away with it. If you support the XBox One, you'll be saying that you don't mind having to get permission from Microsoft everyday to play your games. And what if you get banned, and you lose the ability to play all of your games that you paid for?
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 superclocked

$399 no DRM and always online crap and i would buy one for sure.

tormentos
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
If they backpedaled at least the online once every 24 hours, would probably end up getting one someday but it likely be 4 years or more down the road. Also about the online once every 24 hours, what happens when the system becomes legacy? Is it just going to become a huge paperweight.