If ms back pedaled on drm would you be suckered into following?

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 0

#1 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
I wants to know how many people would revert their stance and get xbone day 1. How many here don't have principals or ideals. And how many here are smart and see no matter their stance they were still the company to try pushing this crap
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

listening to customers is bad?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I follow the most powerful system. PS4 is by far the most powerful AND costs 100$ less lol tvbox has no use.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

How is admitting your policy is shitty and changing it, a bad thing?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

im a weak man, yes the DRM is BS, and I can stick to my guns and not purchase the xbone so long as they have that.  But if MS decided to go back to no DRM, then I will eventually pick one up.  For one reason and one reason ONLY, yeah thats right, HALO!!

I will not rule out the xbone completely, going to wait and see how this DRM thing plays out in 1 or 2 years.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

But TC, aren't you going to be paying for online gaming on the PS4 despite claiming you'd never support such a practice?

If you're going to call other people out for not sticking to their principles then you should at least be doing the same...

PC/Wii U only

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

But TC, aren't you going to be paying for online gaming on the PS4 despite claiming you'd never support such a practice?

If you're going to call other people out for not sticking to their principles then you should at least be doing the same...

PC/Wii U only

Ly_the_Fairy

Backpedaling is hard work. There is no room for logic.

navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

I doubt it. Going with the PS4 seems like the cheaper alternative in all possible ways. As a college student, that is a HUGE plus in my book. Financially speaking and just that, PS4 has got my vote this next gen.

I owned and loved both PS3 and 360 this past generation but I severely doubt theres anything MS can do to get my vote next round including the whole DRM thing.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

why wouldn't you?

ms flat out won e3 in games i would rather play,  sony only won by not being ms.

had sony not bytch slapped ms in the last 5 minutes of the conference we would have been calling this e3 2006 part 2.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Nope.

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts
They would have to get rid of mandatory Kinnect too.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

I don't have to respond to a loaded question.

But I will.  No, not unless it has a must play exclusive and nothing thus far has inspired much confidence.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

TC isn't very smart LOL bu bu teh principle :cry:

Honestly I couldn't care less, I'm not going to deprive myself of games I want just to set some kind of point that no one will hear.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
I dont care about the online thing, I could probably live with the DRM shit but the thing that I hate the most is the stupid forced Kinect.
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

I wants to know how many people would revert their stance and get xbone day 1. How many here don't have principals or ideals. And how many here are smart and see no matter their stance they were still the company to try pushing this crapMidnightshade29

It all depends... much too many other things make me lean towards probably not... Hard to trust them after that. However, if they announced a formal apology and admitted to being wrong about those policies, then I would heavily consider it.

I have strong principles, but I forgive and forget at the same time. I am a gamer that is all for the betterment of the industry... not some blind fanboy that puts faith into nothing.

I forgave SONY for a few things this generation, so I would probably give the same consideration to MS... however, the "gamer crimes" are much worse this time around, so I would be extremely cautious. MS needs to learn that in the console industry it is the consumers that keep the busiess going, and they will not corner the market like they have in other endeavors.

I don't see an option for people like me there, so I guess I won't vote.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Big negative on that one, they're gonna have to send some top-quality hookers over to change my mind at this point...

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I'll get an XBox One if they get rid of the check in everyday policy...
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
Yup definitely the message we want to send to Microsoft. There is no point listening to us as we will do the same thing regardless.....
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

1. How many here don't have principals or ideals. Midnightshade29

One day you'll learn that money is the only thing that matters in the world.

Ideals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Adorable

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riverwolf007

I'll get an XBox One if they get rid of the check in everyday policy...superclocked
nothing has upset the internet more about next gen than having to be on the internet. :P

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Microsoft has already conveyed to me that they don't care about their users. No matter what they do at this point, I refuse to support the Xbox brand.
Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
Microsoft should have expected a backlash with such a policy well before deciding to go through with it. If by chance it back peddled and tried to save face it would be due to its competition and not because it wants to. What is the old saying about fool me once, fool me twice?
Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

If they took away DRM and such I wouldnt see a problem anymore. It would be all about the games at that point and they already showed a pretty nice lineup.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

You mean if Microsoft did the right thing? No, why would anyone appreciate that?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

It is too late for M$. We know what their intentions are and what their vision for the future of gaming is and it sucks.

ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 ElectricEchoes
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

It is too late for M$. We know what their intentions are and what their vision for the future of gaming is and it sucks.

NathanDrakeSwag
If they did change their policies, then I for one would be interested. This is afterall, why gamers have been causing an uproar, to get them to listen! It's irrelevant what their intentions are as this is considered a hypothetical situation. A companies intention is solely to make money, it's nothing to do with Sony being the good guys. Sony are taking advantage of a major screw up by Microsoft. Are you telling me Sony wouldn't implement the same policies if they monopolized the industry? Blinded!
WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

You mean if Microsoft did the right thing? No, why would anyone appreciate that?

timbers_WSU

lol

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

They won't because they have geared their console towards casual, twenty-something year old males who like sports. That demographic doesn't really care if their consumer rights are being shit on.

They're going to sell like hotcakes REGARDLESS of what core gamers do.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"]I'll get an XBox One if they get rid of the check in everyday policy...Riverwolf007

nothing has upset the internet more about next gen than having to be on the internet. :P

My PC doesn't turn into a useless brick if I don't connect to the internet. My gaming PC is sitting right next to me, and I only connect it to the internet when I want to play games online. I do not have to connect it in order to play my SINGLE PLAYER games...
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 superclocked
If they did change their policies, then I for one would be interested. This is afterall, why gamers have been causing an uproar, to get them to listen!ElectricEchoes
ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ElectricEchoes

They won't because they have geared their console towards casual, twenty-something year old males who like sports. That demographic doesn't really care if their consumer rights are being shit on.

They're going to sell like hotcakes REGARDLESS of what core gamers do.

airshocker

Sigh, do you really think that a company is going to define their criteria that much? It's quite simple really, these gimmicks are aimed to gain a wider consumer base. This happens time and time again with business. You have your core consumers ( or at least what Microsoft thought) and then you try to add people that are outside that circle. No company is stupid enough to refine there user base that much, regardless of how many mistakes Microsoft has made. This is a common strategy that Microsoft for one are well aware of.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
I follow the most powerful system. PS4 is by far the most powerful AND costs 100$ less lol tvbox has no use.silversix_
I would buy the X1 later when enough exclusives I want to play are released.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]I'll get an XBox One if they get rid of the check in everyday policy...superclocked

My PC doesn't turn into a useless brick if I don't connect to the internet. My gaming PC is sitting right next to me, and I only connect it to the internet when I want to play games online. I do not have to connect it in order to play my SINGLE PLAYER games...

yeah the internet is terrible.

i have not even been on there in years.

i'm posting this by smoke signal.

seriously though, you have to see the irony of an  entire generation of people that have not been without the internet for longer than a 12 hour stretch in the last 15 years  being all nutty about an internet requirement right?

cuz to me, that is some pretty funny stuff.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

If they actually listened, and got rid of all of the DRM, and what not, sure I'd buy it one day. Not for $500, of course, but eventually.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]nothing has upset the internet more about next gen than having to be on the internet. :P

Riverwolf007

seriously though, you have to see the irony of an  entire generation of people that have not been without the internet for longer than a 12 hour stretch in the last 15 years  being all nutty about an internet requirement right?

And unfortunately for Microsoft stock holders, Don Mattrick feels the same way. "If you don't have reliable internet, get an XBox 360." I've had 3x XBox 360's since launch, and I'm ready for a new console. I'll be getting a PS4 if Microsoft doesn't change their policies...
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Sigh, do you really think that a company is going to define their criteria that much? It's quite simple really, these gimmicks are aimed to gain a wider consumer base. This happens time and time again with business. You have your core consumers ( or at least what Microsoft thought) and then you try to add people that are outside that circle. No company is stupid enough to refine there user base that much, regardless of how many mistakes Microsoft has made. This is a common strategy that Microsoft for one are well aware of.

ElectricEchoes

Think? That's what they've DONE. The deal with NFL and the fantasy league integration? That is all geared towards casual men who are only interested in playing Madden and other sports games.

Meanwhile, gamers are stuck with features that they very vocally denounce.

What other strategy is there? You get one audience that doesn't give a shit about the Kinect, used game policies(because they have and always will trade at GameStop), or always-online connections. Then you shovel shit to your other audience, knowing most of them will buy it anyway.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]My PC doesn't turn into a useless brick if I don't connect to the internet. My gaming PC is sitting right next to me, and I only connect it to the internet when I want to play games online. I do not have to connect it in order to play my SINGLE PLAYER games...superclocked

And unfortunately for Microsoft stock holders, Don Mattrick feels the same way. "If you don't have reliable internet, get an XBox 360." I've had 3x XBox 360's since launch, and I'm ready for a new console. I'll be getting a PS4 if Microsoft doesn't change their policies...

well that's terrible advice because if i didn't have the internet i would probably not want a 360 either... or a ps3.. or a pc, hell, my tv and my phone would lose some of its functions without it.

well technically the phone would mostly work it would just be slow and horrible and chew up my data plan without wi-fi.

Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Midnightshade29

PC/Wii U only

Ly_the_Fairy
Technically I am really not paying for online, just ps+ which I already have subbed to well into late 2014. Nothing changes for me. If they took all the goodness of plus away then yeah I would have a problem.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]yeah the internet is terrible.

Riverwolf007

well that's terrible advice because if i didn't have the internet i would probably not want a 360 either... or a ps3.. or a pc, hell, my tv and my phone would lose some of its functions without it.

well technically the phone would mostly work it would just be slow and horrible and chew up my data plan without wi-fi.

Terrible advice? About 95% of people on Tumblr disagree with you. And Microsoft is still mass deleting comments on their Facebook page, and their employees are still upvoting positive comments and downvoting negative comments. I know FOR A FACT that Microsoft employees are making fun of and laughing at the people criticizing the XBox One.. I use my 360 for SINGLE player games. I have my gaming PC for mutliplayer games...
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Midnightshade29

CaseyWegner
If they listen they wouldn't of put this crap in to begin. With. People were crying foul long before the reveal.. Adam orth says hi from the unemployment line. It's also $100 more and they have revealed their true colors as a profit/publishers over gamers attitude long before xbone was revealed. The company is shady, I will not support them no matter what. They had their chance to make good at e3 , and they didn't.... Too late now!
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

PC/Wii U only

Midnightshade29

Technically I am really not paying for online, just ps+ which I already have subbed to well into late 2014. Nothing changes for me. If they took all the goodness of plus away then yeah I would have a problem.

Justifying pay2play online just like the lems did all those years with some subjective value you've placed on the service above other, competing services.

Cows honestly go too far with the hypocrisy sometimes.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

PC/Wii U only

Ly_the_Fairy

Justifying pay2play online just like the lems did all those years with some subjective value you've placed on the service above other, competing services.

PS+ offers better value than XBL Gold. You're literally getting free games every month.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

Midnightshade29

If they listen they wouldn't of put this crap in to begin. With. People were crying foul long before the reveal.. Adam orth says hi from the unemployment line. It's also $100 more and they have revealed their true colors as a profit/publishers over gamers attitude long before xbone was revealed. The company is shady, I will not support them no matter what. They had their chance to make good at e3 , and they didn't.... Too late now!

but you said "if" they change. what difference does it make? the thing hasn't even been released yet.

ElectricEchoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ElectricEchoes

[QUOTE="ElectricEchoes"]

airshocker

Think? That's what they've DONE. The deal with NFL and the fantasy league integration? That is all geared towards casual men who are only interested in playing Madden and other sports games.

Meanwhile, gamers are stuck with features that they very vocally denounce.

What other strategy is there? You get one audience that doesn't give a shit about the Kinect, used game policies(because they have and always will trade at GameStop), or always-online connections. Then you shovel shit to your other audience, knowing most of them will buy it anyway.

Yes that's what they've done with the sports, but that wasn't my point at all. My point was that they are trying to expand their consumer base, not refine it as you suggested. There is a big difference to both concepts. This is a common business strategy to broaden their users, as I mentioned previously, you already have your dedicated consumers using your product(s), you then try to add those who aren't already consumers. The thing is, Microsoft completely messed this strategy up and ended up pushing there loyal consumers away. Don't you see why it's completely illogical to push away your consumers? With that in mind, surely you can understand that Microsoft were trying to add rather than to refine and make that number smaller?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CaseyWegner

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"] Technically I am really not paying for online, just ps+ which I already have subbed to well into late 2014. Nothing changes for me. If they took all the goodness of plus away then yeah I would have a problem. princeofshapeir

PS+ offers better value than XBL Gold. You're literally getting free games every month.

that was never the issue. it was always about having to pay to play games online.

White_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 White_Dreams
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
Them going through with it until now is insulting enough. I've made my choice.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ly_the_Fairy

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="Midnightshade29"] Technically I am really not paying for online, just ps+ which I already have subbed to well into late 2014. Nothing changes for me. If they took all the goodness of plus away then yeah I would have a problem. princeofshapeir

You pay money which means it's not free.

It's like saying gamefly gives free games every month, or netflix gives free movies...

Online is now behind a paywall. Justify it all you want, but it all comes down to subjective value just as it did for Xbox 360 users who got berated for it for YEARS.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Riverwolf007

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

[QUOTE="superclocked"]And unfortunately for Microsoft stock holders, Don Mattrick feels the same way. "If you don't have reliable internet, get an XBox 360." I've had 3x XBox 360's since launch, and I'm ready for a new console. I'll be getting a PS4 if Microsoft doesn't change their policies...superclocked

Terrible advice? About 95% of people on Tumblr disagree with you. And Microsoft is still mass deleting comments on their Facebook page, and their employees are still upvoting positive comments and downvoting negative comments. I know FOR A FACT that Microsoft employees are making fun of and laughing at the people criticizing the XBox One.. I use my 360 for SINGLE player games. I have my gaming PC for mutliplayer games...

gawd!

really?

ms is making fun of people?

gawd y'all!

imma tell my mom!

and 95% of tumbler is upset? about being on the internet? omg! they should go on the internet and complain!

how can we get this information about internet tyranny out??? hey i know! lets post it on the internet!

and omg! did you know that on tumbler you are required to get on the internet? dat shyt is outrageous! ms has won!

they have forced tumber users to use the internet!

quick! to facebook to complain about internet requirements!

ermahgod! :lol:

i'm sorry bud but how can i possibly take this seriously?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Principles?

You mean how cows berated lems for years about a paywall to access online portions of their games and now it's become accepted as a standard?

The DRM is not the only issue with the Xbox One. In terms of games and launch software it's the better deal but weaker hardware with a larger price, the kinnect bs and the used games fiasco is what holds it back. Otherwise it'd be a pretty easy choice.

Sony won this E3 by dropping their handheld, charging for online and not being MS.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]well that's terrible advice because if i didn't have the internet i would probably not want a 360 either... or a ps3.. or a pc, hell, my tv and my phone would lose some of its functions without it.

Riverwolf007

gawd!

really?

ms is making fun of people?

gawd y'all!

imma tell my mom!

and 95% of tumbler is upset? about being on the internet? omg! they should go on the internet and complain!

how can we get this information about internet tyranny out??? hey i know! lets post it on the internet!

and omg! did you know that on tumbler you are required to get on the internet? dat shyt is outrageous! ms has won!

they have forced tumber users to use the internet!

quick! to facebook to complain about internet requirements!

ermahgod! :lol:

i'm sorry bud but how can i possibly take this seriously?

I'll vote with my wallet, thank you. Microsoft knows that people don't like these policies, and if they refuse to change them, I'll be getting a PS4...